Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No NGB in Tralee Town yet?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭AWD

Speed now: 4096/384kps
    Speed Was: 2048/284kps

Line Attenuation Was 48/30, now 50/30.

Change over was only done between 3 and four this afternoon.
    Maybe it's best to call..

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ainiseoir

AWD wrote: »
    Speed now: 4096/384kps
    Speed Was: 2048/284kps

Line Attenuation Was 48/30, now 50/30.

Change over was only done between 3 and four this afternoon.
    Maybe it's best to call..

Thank you.
    You must really be impressed with what amounts to a doubling of your speed.
    My values at the minute are
    Speed 7168/384.
    Line attenuation 24/15 dB
    which are pretty good anyway, once contention has been sorted.
    With my luck, they'll probably drop!

Yep that's the max my line can take. Don't think I will ever see a Speed of 7168/384.! Still, 3.6 gets me over the line in terms of the minimum I actually need. I am now wondering why my line can only take a max of 4. A question for another day perhaps. I guess the line was put in some 12 years ago.
    Cheers Ainiseoir

Yep that's the max my line can take. Don't think I will ever see a Speed of 7168/384.! Still, 3.6 gets me over the line in terms of the minimum I actually need. I am now wondering why my line can only take a max of 4. A question for another day perhaps. I guess the line was put in some 12 years ago.
    Cheers Ainiseoir

There was a time when eircom was Telecom Eireann when you could get your line checked, not just for internet speed, but whatever, no big deal.
    You might have to take out a loan to have someone come to check your line now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Cheers Ainiseoir

Hi AWD,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. We had to increase the profile / sync at the exchange. Given the bandwith capacity of the line (between 4-5MB) The 4MB profile is the best available.

I asked about a possible higher speed, however broadband technical support are certain that will result in disconnections.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Do you have to explicitly apply for NGB or do existing customer just get it?

One for the moderator, but as far as I know, it's automatic based on your current bundle.
    The downside is that you may have to use a Zyxel modem/router that they supply free, but the complaints about it have already filled 20 pages elsewhere.
    I haven't got mine yet so I can't comment.
    Might be as well to hang on to your existing hardware for the present.

Do you have to explicitly apply for NGB or do existing customer just get it?

Hi RevBlueJeans

All existing eircom broadband customers are automatically migrated to the NGB when the exchange becomes enabled.

However it can take a few weeks.

Thanks, Mark

Hi AWD,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. We had to increase the profile / sync at the exchange. Given the bandwith capacity of the line (between 4-5MB) The 4MB profile is the best available.

I asked about a possible higher speed, however broadband technical support are certain that will result in disconnections.

Thanks, Mark

thanks Mark.... I am happy with 4-5 meg. One question how quickly does one get back to Eircom ?

thanks Mark.... I am happy with 4-5 meg. One question how quickly does one get back to Eircom ?

Hi AWD,

There is a lead time of 10 working days for line and calls to be come back to eircom and it can be a subsequent 10 working days for the broadband to transfer back in full.

You can call our winback department on 1800 566 366 or online through -

http://www.eircom.net/broadband/switch

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi AWD,

There is a lead time of 10 working days for line and calls to be come back to eircom and it can be a subsequent 10 working days for the broadband to transfer back in full.

You can call our winback department on 1800 566 366 or online through -

http://www.eircom.net/broadband/switch

Thanks, Mark

Job done... thanks Mark

Hi AWD,

Thanks, Mark

I am getting 3.5/3.6 which meets my actual requirements. (I know more would be better) but as such I am happy with what I have.
    :) Rgds AWD

I am getting 3.5/3.6 which meets my actual requirements. (I know more would be better) but as such I am happy with what I have.
    :) Rgds AWD

Hi AWD,

No problem :) Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭BaguMka

I'm SHOCKED WITH EIRCOM (Well I'm not surprised actually). About 3 days ago my speed increased to 14mb/sec..SO finally NGB enabled !!! But the thing is that after "SUCH A HAPPY DAY" i got the old problem with consistent (once every 5 minute) drop internet connection..Despite my speed is up to 14mb/sec now i DONT WANT this **** cause i can't watch anything online now and i missed football broadcast for your crap!!!
    I'm PAYING 62e a month for over a year and i feel i can demand appropriate service!!! I'm giving you 3 days to get it sorted or else I'm just cancel thats it

P.S if you can't provide appropriate service just get me back to up to 7mb broadband which i used to have for the last year and didn't have any problem since i got replaced your piece of **** router named ZyXel..

May i ask which modem/router you are using?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭BaguMka

ainiseoir wrote: »
    May i ask which modem/router you are using?

I'm using Netopia modem which i got instead of ZyXel which caused the same problem before..Netopia was absolutely fine until NGB got enabled:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Well after unplug and replug the router cable connection remain stable..So the problem gone..we'll see for how long ))

I hope your problem is gone.
    Amazing that disconnect and reconnect still works thirty years later!
    If the problem re-occurs you might use Zyxel purely as a modem and let Netopia be the router?
    Just a thought, better than tearing your hair out.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

I just want to say a quick thanks to eircom - I was upgraded to NGB on monday and this is what I get over the 8Mbit-connection in Tralee:

1835036612.png

Working perfectly so far :D

Quaderno wrote: »
    I just want to say a quick thanks to eircom - I was upgraded to NGB on monday and this is what I get over the 8Mbit-connection in Tralee:

1835036612.png

Working perfectly so far :D

Hi Quaderno

Thanks for your post :)

Appreciate it.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Is the Killerisk exchange included in the upgrade?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mounthawk

Is the Mounthawk exchange included in the upgrade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Vain wrote: »

Thanks for your post and Apologies for delay.

I will look into your query and advise shortly.

Best wishes,
    Ant

mounthawk wrote: »

Thanks Mounthawk,

Apologies for the delay. I will look into your query and advise shortly.

Regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Obecny

Hi, just ordered a new landline with eircom and I believe I will get a NGB at Ashleigh Downs anyway today I got a land line confirmation letter saying connection charge will be 121.93 but all discounts and promotions will apply on my bill but from what I see on eircom website this connection charge with broadband order will be free of charge am I right ?
    thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Read the offer T&Cs and print them out to ensure the correct discounts are applied.

Sometimes a free connection is if you order online only. If you ring in you lose the discount.

I'll bet that Killerisk and Mounthawk are not for upgrade at all, only the main exchange in Tralee.

Obecny wrote: »
    Hi, just ordered a new landline with eircom and I believe I will get a NGB at Ashleigh Downs anyway today I got a land line confirmation letter saying connection charge will be 121.93 but all discounts and promotions will apply on my bill but from what I see on eircom website this connection charge with broadband order will be free of charge am I right ?
    thanks

Hi Obecny,

Thanks for your post. Can you DM your phone number or eircom Account number and I look into your query.

Kind regards,
    Ant

Vain wrote: »

Hi Vain,

Thanks for waiting on my reply. I've checked with the NGB plannecd works and there are no plans to upgrade the Killerisk exchange. This may change. though it is the information I have up until the end of this year.

Best wishes,
    Ant

mounthawk wrote: »

Hi Mounthawk,

I apologise for the delay. I have checked with the NGB Team and there are no plans to upgrade the Mounthawk exchange this year.
    Please keep an eye on the NGB.ie website for updates or contact us here on Boards.
    Kind regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Obecny

Is there any chance that regular broadband 3Mb or 7Mb (depend of the line) will be unlimited ? just wonder because 30GB or 50GB of data with netflix, yt and few more service would be a problem!

• Advertisement

Obecny wrote: »
    Is there any chance that regular broadband 3Mb or 7Mb (depend of the line) will be unlimited ? just wonder because 30GB or 50GB of data with netflix, yt and few more service would be a problem!

Hi Obecny,

Thanks for your query. I don't have any further information on whether standard broadband packages will have unlimited usage in the near future.

Currently there are no charges applied for going over these caps on eircom's standard broadband packages (Home plus (3Mb), or Home advanced (7Mb). That is, it is free to download or stream your movie on Netflix. This is obviously subject to fair usage and no overall abuse of the system. In general terms, you should be able to watch or stream movies, music /or football matches with out the worry of your download cap.

Be aware though that eircom reserve the right to charge for excess usage for those packages (As per broadband terms and conditions). Please also note there may be some cases with customers who continually exceed the usage, may be sent out warning letters warning that the usage is to high and may be charged excess usage if the usage pattern continues.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Advertisement