Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[RULES QUESTIONS]Any questions or are unsure about anything, ask here before posting.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

No worries there, fire away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 D.D.airsoft

Hey Steve,

A quick one for you, I have had someone offer me the asking price for a gun I have advertised but they want to pay me by postal order and then I'll send it by courier but someone else has offered me a little less but will meet me so much more secure and safer. Is it possible for me to go with the second one or am I breaking loads of rules? SOrry about this I'm fairly new to this:)

Thanks for any info

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi D.D.

I'm assuming it's this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056314237

If so then it I'd say that seeing as the offer of asking + courier can't be fulfilled for 2 weeks, you'd be ok to accept the lower offer + meet.

It's a borderline case under the rules but that's my call on it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

Could you please tell me who gets 1st on this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056319051

Also what is now the asking price?

As richieffff & myself are not sure, thanks.

Could you please tell me who gets 1st on this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056319051

Also what is now the asking price?

As richieffff & myself are not sure, thanks.
    The best way to deal with these is to list the facts one by one and apply the rules. In this case:

1. nutzbutz: selling my Double Eagle ump for 120 euro.
    2. SEALs_Ireland: Offer €90euros cash for the lot pending inspection (conditional offer below asking)
    3. nutzbutz: i'll let you have it for E110 --- (asking price is now 110)
    4. SEALs_Ireland: offer €100euros cash for the lot pending inspection (conditional offer below asking)
    5. richieffff: I'll offer €110 pending inspection (conditional offer of asking)
    6. nutzbutz: offer accepted (deal done - end of)
    7. SEALs_Ireland: Offer of the full asking price of €120euros (Above asking, invalid)

The asking price remains at €110. The only way you could have bettered richieffff's offer is to have offered an unconditional offer of asking price before #6 above.

Hope that explains it. :)

• Advertisement

Steve wrote: »
    The best way to deal with these is to list the facts one by one and apply the rules. In this case:

1. nutzbutz: selling my Double Eagle ump for 120 euro.
    2. SEALs_Ireland: Offer €90euros cash for the lot pending inspection (conditional offer below asking)
    3. nutzbutz: i'll let you have it for E110 --- (asking price is now 110)
    4. SEALs_Ireland: offer €100euros cash for the lot pending inspection (conditional offer below asking)
    5. richieffff: I'll offer €110 pending inspection (conditional offer of asking)
    6. nutzbutz: offer accepted (deal done - end of)
    7. SEALs_Ireland: Offer of the full asking price of €120euros (Above asking, invalid)

The asking price remains at €110. The only way you could have bettered richieffff's offer is to have offered an unconditional offer of asking price before #6 above.

Hope that explains it. :)

Fair enough, I accept the decision.

Thank you Steve & hope that things workout for you on this one richieffff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Fair enough, I accept the decision.

Thank you Steve & hope that things workout for you on this one richieffff :D

Thanks Steve and cheers SEALs, sorry about the whole situation :)

richieffff wrote: »
    Thanks Steve and cheers SEALs, sorry about the whole situation :)

We're cool man, just wanted this deal for the team & lost sight of everything else.

Wishing you well mate biggrin.gif

Could you please tell me who's first on this one: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056319317&page=2

As I believe that I've made a better offer for the full asking price for all of the items listed on that thread, what ever the decision I'll accept it & have to ask to be sure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Could you please tell me who's first on this one: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056319317&page=2

As I believe that I've made a better offer for the full asking price for all of the items listed on that thread, what ever the decision I'll accept it & have to ask to be sure :D
    deburca offered asking first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Techy_1

Hi

I had a airsoft team, well kinda a team. I went and ordered stuff for kitting out the team for different styles and then it things did'nt quite get going.

Long and the short of it I am left with loads of airsoft stuff.

Goggles, trousers, BBs, Gas, loads a stuff.

Should I open a thread called "Shed load a stuff open to offers"

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Techy_1

Techy_1 wrote: »
    Hi

I had a airsoft team, well kinda a team. I went and ordered stuff for kitting out the team for different styles and then it things did'nt quite get going.

Long and the short of it I am left with loads of airsoft stuff.

Goggles, trousers, BBs, Gas, loads a stuff.

Should I open a thread called "Shed load a stuff open to offers"

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Techy_1

in order to be compliant with the rules you must post an asking price per item if selling indvidual parts/items or an overall price if selling as a whole.

thermo wrote: »
    in order to be compliant with the rules you must post an asking price per item if selling individual parts/items or an overall price if selling as a whole.

I could individualy price items.

So thats ok it go ahead and make the thread then yeah? (provided I ask prices for each item)

Techy_1 wrote: »
    I could individualy price items.

So thats ok it go ahead and make the thread then yeah? (provided I ask prices for each item)
    yes fire away, if you have any more questions dont hesitate to ask :cool:

Techy_1, just bear in mind that it'll be easier to keep track of if you split it up a bit - threads with lots of stuff bundled together can get messy and confusing. Either way is good as long as you keep on top of it. :)

Steve wrote: »
    Techy_1, just bear in mind that it'll be easier to keep track of if you split it up a bit - threads with lots of stuff bundled together can get messy and confusing. Either way is good as long as you keep on top of it. :)

Great thanks will split the amount in half and then post tomorrow

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Irish airsofter 1994

Am I aloud remove a gun from my tread and post it as a new tread as nobody's intrested in the clearout tread I have as I'm trying to get rid of it ASAP and it's bait meesy

Am I aloud remove a gun from my tread and post it as a new tread as nobody's intrested in the clearout tread I have as I'm trying to get rid of it ASAP and it's bait meesy

the reason you have no interest in the thread is because the price of the gear keeps going up and down.
    in one post you say €180 all in
    the next post is €190
    then you drop €10 off the m4 but add €10 to the acog price.

once you post a lower price that is the new asking, you cant put it back up then.

I'll leave the prices at the lowest sorry about this

Quick question who gets the f2000 as it's a bit confusing

• Advertisement

Quick question who gets the f2000 as it's a bit confusing

you by the looks of it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Jayo123

one question........why is there rules, can people not get on and do what they want at there own leasure?

We tried that years ago - it didn't work. If you pm me your bank account details, full name, date of birth and credit card numbers, I'll explain why. :)

Here is the thread in question: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056363324

I've offer the asking price first & am getting no where on this thread, so who gets the item?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

Here is the thread in question: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056363324

I've offer the asking price first & am getting no where on this thread, so who gets the item?
    New asking is 65 so you should get it right as Trueskill offered over the asking?

you, i have posted on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭GreenCarver

Is there an age limit to sell airsoft gear, accessories, etc ?
    I realise that selling a gun would be different

Is there an age limit to sell airsoft gear, accessories, etc ?
    I realise that selling a gun would be different

for accessories,no.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭GreenCarver

ok thanks

• Advertisement

Just to expand on that, it's illegal to sell a RIF to anyone under the age of 16. So yes, there is an age limit.

Advertisement