...and back to Connemara. - Page 4 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-01-2011, 11:26   #46
littlebug
Closed Account

Knockma- 2.8 miles with the dog again. I took it a wee bit easier since I had more miles to do after. This dog will be the death of me... running at speed down the hill and she stopped dead in front of me requiring me to do a last minute jump over her (twice...with expletives ).

Drove home, refuelled and did another 4.2 miles. I found it hard to get going again and it was slow but that's a nice 7 miles done today.
Advertisement
30-01-2011, 22:21   #47
Emer911

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebug View Post
Knockma- 2.8 miles with the dog again. I took it a wee bit easier since I had more miles to do after. This dog will be the death of me... running at speed down the hill and she stopped dead in front of me requiring me to do a last minute jump over her (twice...with expletives ).

Drove home, refuelled and did another 4.2 miles. I found it hard to get going again and it was slow but that's a nice 7 miles done today.
LOL. Speedy reflexes by the sounds of it! Although if you ran into the dog (just the once!) she'd probably not stop like that in front of you again!?
Thanks from:
14-02-2011, 22:22   #48
littlebug
Closed Account

oops two weeks with no update Running has been going about as well as the log has... there's been no sticking to plan at all and it's just been a matter of getting out when I can and doing whatever miles I can fit in. I haven't even kept track of my mileage so I'll have to hazard a guess to add to my 1000 mile tally.
Now with 8 weeks to Connemara it's time to get my arse in gear.
this evening.... 3 miles easy
Thanks from:
14-02-2011, 22:26   #49
claralara
Closed Account

Welcome back!! 8 weeks? Jebus, don't be flinging statements like that around so flippantly!
(2) thanks from:
20-02-2011, 15:35   #50
littlebug
Closed Account

Time has been difficult to find with kids taking it in turns to be sick and off school
Anyway... still getting a few miles in here and there, not following any plan at this stage 6 miles today @10.20 with 4@10ish in the middle. Plus a few x3 miles on the tm during the week. At this rate I'll be lucky to get to the start line in Conn never mind the finish!
Advertisement
27-02-2011, 22:25   #51
littlebug
Closed Account

Just posting my weekly update to keep myself honest Total 16 miles this week with 7 today and various bits on the TM during the week. I gotta get off the treadmill.. found the 7 miles tough going today. Average pace 10.30 but there were a couple of breaks... including one just to look at some ducks
ITB niggly towards the end. I've a feeling Connemara will be looked upon as a training run for.. something else as yet undecided. I just haven't done the ground work to give Connemara a decent effort. Ah well... I'm hardly the runner of the century... not the end of the world as long as I'm enjoying it.
28-02-2011, 11:53   #52
meathcountysec

Quote:
not the end of the world as long as I'm enjoying it.
You can put this to music. Keep trucking on. Targeting a race too soon can put you under pressure, create undue disappointment and take the enjoyment out of what is supposed to be a hobby.

Nice Spring weather this week. Take the pooch out for a trot

Last edited by meathcountysec; 28-02-2011 at 12:11.
19-03-2011, 20:41   #53
littlebug
Closed Account

and I haven't run since.... I've a list of reasons excuses the length of my arm but I won't bore you with them.

So... Connemara won't be happening obviously and it's too late to defer so if anyone is looking for a place so that's a bit of a pain. Talk about an irrelevant thread title Maybe it'll give me something to aim for next year.
The (loose) plan now is to get back to basics and aim for a 5k in Athenry on 3rd april and 10k in Castlebar at the start of May. I'll stick to short distances for now rather than making any grand plans.
So now that I've embarrassed myself by updating this log I will do 3 miles tomorrow.
19-03-2011, 21:08   #54
rainbow kirby

Mod: London
Quote:
So... Connemara won't be happening obviously and it's too late to defer
This is a huge pain in the arse, particularly because I broke myself 5 days after the closing date for deferrals
Advertisement
19-03-2011, 21:45   #55
ronanmac

That's a bummer, littlebug. You'll soon be up and running () again. Perhaps an autumn marathon to focus the body and mind?!
19-03-2011, 22:19   #56
littlebug
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow kirby View Post
This is a huge pain in the arse, particularly because I broke myself 5 days after the closing date for deferrals
I know... if I had just admitted it to myself a few days earlier....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanmac View Post
Perhaps an autumn marathon to focus the body and mind?!
I'm having trouble getting myself motivated for a 5k Rónan, marathons are far from my thoughts at the minute!
19-03-2011, 22:45   #57
BeepBeep67

Quote:
The (loose) plan now is to get back to basics and aim for a 5k in Athenry on 3rd april and 10k in Castlebar at the start of May. I'll stick to short distances for now rather than making any grand plans.
The short stuff is fun - I personally feel too many head straight for the longer stuff - race every week through the Summer and have fun
Thanks from:
19-03-2011, 22:53   #58
maria74

Seems to be a few of us at the moment backing it all up.

Here's hoping we can all get mojo back and get a few short runs in at least over the coming months.

Doing it for the joy of it!
Thanks from:
20-03-2011, 07:51   #59
RayCun

There's no point in forcing yourself through a marathon training programme if you're not enjoying it - stick to the shorter stuff if that's what you're in the mood for.
Thanks from:
20-03-2011, 10:16   #60
littlebug
Closed Account

3.1 very enjoyable miles this morning. I took the dog with me and she didn't try to trip me up once though we did have a few pit stops (the dog not me). I ran my ususal route in reverse which meant going up the big hill rather than down it.
It felt like I was keeping a reasonable pace up though I didn't time it. It was quite funny though when I was huffing and puffing up the hill and the dog beside me had slowed to mere stroll
Right thats me started again..... I'll aim do that same run 3/4 times this week and next and see how I get on in Athenry (on Mothers Day!). There's not much info online about it yet. I wonder if it's the same route as the 5k series one?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion