Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you eat Dog or Cat meat?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Tarzan_man

Well now, I'd eat cat or dog if it were offered on a menu from a reputable place that i was in. e.g. in a country that regularly serves such dishes. I'd have more faith in it being prepared nicely, since they'd have more experience with the meat itself. Jimmy down the road roastin his Labrador wouldn't entice me as much.

Like other posters have said, Nare a chance of me eating my own cat or dog unless I was in a situation where my own cat/dog are the only food source. I'd be emotionally attached to the animal and OFCOURSE it'd be much harder to kill the yoke. But in a starvation case, I'd have no qualms about devouring my loyal friend to keep me going. It's what they'd want surely!

Actually, cats are dickheads more so than dogs, I'd eat a cat sooner than a dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

MultiUmm wrote: »
    Say if you were starving to death and you had a dog with you who was also starving but was your loyal and loving companion, would you really be able to eat him? I couldn't bring myself to do it. The dog won't eat you after death either, afaik they choose to starve if their owner dies and are left alone with them.

I didn't mention cats here btw because chances are the cat would up and leave you for greener pastures when they realise you ain't getting food for either of them. :pac:

I probably wouldn't eat my own dog, but I can't say for sure. If a random dog crossed my path and I was starving it would end up in the pot. Remember that movie based on a true story about the rugby team who crash landed in the Andes?. When starvation kicks in the survival instinct kicks in, people will do extreme things if they have a strong will to survive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

ardinn wrote: »
    Is this legal in Ireland??

Why would it be?

Apart from protected species, what else is illegal to eat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Pretty sure the only illegal things to eat are people and swans (actually, is that illegal here, even?).. everything else is fair game unless it belongs to someone else or it's out of season (if it has a season) or requires a license which you don't have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

I wouldn't eat dog but i would eat cat haha i frickin hate cats!!!!More of them dead the better in my book :p:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

I'd eat a boardsie I was hungry enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

MultiUmm wrote: »
    Say if you were starving to death and you had a dog with you who was also starving but was your loyal and loving companion, would you really be able to eat him? I couldn't bring myself to do it. The dog won't eat you after death either, afaik they choose to starve if their owner dies and are left alone with them.
    http://www.1011now.com/home/headlines/79429172.html

Errr, there are a lot of similar news stories where the pet dogs eat the dead owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

YUCK !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Is it really illegal to eat people? I mean I can see it being illegal to kill them to eat them, but if you had found one that had died of natural causes... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Seloth wrote: »
    I think species with a certain intelligence or awarness should be banned from being harmed.

Apes,Dogs,Whales,Dolphins etc

Even though I voted know if I were in the locality...Like proper china :p then I might,Have togive everything a try like.Just as long as it wasnt in its original form but ust like roasted ew XD

Pigs can leave dogs and cats far behind when it comes to personality and conscious intelligence. It is quite an emotional animal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

komodosp wrote: »
    Is it really illegal to eat people? I mean I can see it being illegal to kill them to eat them, but if you had found one that had died of natural causes... ?

Yea, I think it's pretty illegal, even if you found a dead one... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Greyfox

If I was starving I'd consider it but as the OP's question seems to relate to normal circumstances so I'll say definitely no, it's sick and disgusting. I also couldn't eat rabbit as they make lovely pets!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

Remember that movie based on a true story about the rugby team who crash landed in the Andes?. When starvation kicks in the survival instinct kicks in, people will do extreme things if they have a strong will to survive.

Yah if I remember correctly, it was called "The plane that could'nt fly over the Andes"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

If I ate meat I'd eat any meat cow/cat/dog/human..nomnom

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

If i was in a starvation situation with me, another person, a dog, and a cat i'd kill the human first. Because:
    a) the cat would have fecked off when the food ran out (cat's are cool like that)
    b) there's more meat on a human and it tastes like pork, yum
    c) dogs dont judge you man!

like If you ate the dog the other person would be thinking "jesus that sick f*ck just ate a dog!" but the dog would be thinking "woof woof, sniffy sniff"
    and if you ate the dog then the other person would be thinkin "well now its either me or him" and you're leaving yourself open to getting killed and eaten.

So folks, its Human meat first.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

nope i just could never do it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

The burgers from our local chipper were known as 'Rex burgers', what a bite!:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

never had Cat, but Dog was nice :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

would definitely eat either, and my life's ambition is to eat Giant Panda.

rare, preferably.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Yup, without even a second thought,
    I have absolutly no problem with it.

Meat is meat, If it tastes nice... then why not.

Just because one animal is cuter than another we shouldn't eat it?
    Bullshít.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I can't imagine being so hungry that I would cut a dog up.

Course, I can't imagine being so hungry I'd kill a cow.

Maybe I should become a vegan, shave my head and join the hare krishnas.

You you ... murderers you :mad:

Advertisement