Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you eat Dog or Cat meat?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Who the fcuk are you? WTF is going on? WTF was the point in your post johnny boy???

And who the fcuk are you?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I wouldnt eat a cat because they are filty creatures, I would rather eat a rat or even a human. They are just disgusting.
    Cats spend a large percentage of their waking time grooming themselves, be cleaner than dogs I'd bet.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

while it wouldnt be something, i wouldnt really want to do. If it ment me serviving Il eat anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Cats spend a large percentage of their waking time grooming themselves licking their own rusty stars and balls, be cleaner than dogs I'd bet.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Cats spend a large percentage of their waking time grooming themselves, be cleaner than dogs I'd bet.

Anything that makes a house smell like a cat does is not clean. I have never met anyone with a cat that you didnt go into their house and want to vomit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

John85 wrote: »
    And who the fcuk are you?

What is the point of your posts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Seloth wrote: »
    I think species with a certain intelligence or awarness should be banned from being harmed.

Apes,Dogs,Whales,Dolphins etc

Even though I voted know if I were in the locality...Like proper china :p then I might,Have togive everything a try like.Just as long as it wasnt in its original form but ust like roasted ew XD

What has intelligence got to do with it? The feeling of pain and intelligence are mutually exclusive.

Some primates are more intelligent than some mentally handicapped humans. Should we conduct animal testing on mentally handicapped people instead of chimpanzees? Afterall, they've the same genes as us and are not very intelligent..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

I would have no problem eating anything. People can be very squeamish about what they eat. From my own experience cows definitely have personalities. It is especially noticeable in dairy cows as they are generally in closer contact with people. I have "pet" cows longer than dogs or cats but I would have no problem eating them. It would come down to taste at the nd of the day. Do dogs and cats taste good?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

rubadub wrote: »
    I know a family who had a pet goat named barbecue, and that is where he ended up! no joke.

Read a good story in Tim Collins' account of the invasion of Iraq in 2003. He was wandering around Al Amarah to get the feel for the place and the people and taking one of his bosses around. They met two little kids leading a goat on a string. When he asked the goat's name, they told him it was "Kebab".

regarding the original question, yeah, I'd eat it. Would have a hard time slaughtering my own, but then I don't keep animals for slaughter either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Horsemeat is tasty, have had it lots of times. Pigeon isn't great, venison is terrible, tastes like liver. Cat tastes a bit like hare only a bit stringier. Why is CNN banging on about this? Plenty of countries would never eat bovine meat, not in a million years.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Horsemeat is lovely, aye, but pigeon and venison? Dunno what you had, but venison is like sweet beef. Pigeon is closer to liver, but cooked right, it's rich and flavoursome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

You'd eat anything if you were hungry enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

A jack russell in a bap kinda sounds tasty? Or maybe a baguette would suit better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 BUGS_DRUNNY

liah wrote: »

I love my dogs, more than most people, but I've also loved cows and horses and sheep and tried all them. So why not?

Hmm wats this poll about exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Those of you who couldnt bring themselves to eat a cat should bear in mind that when times are hard a cat wouldnt extend you the same courtesy

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Rockn

If I was in China or wherever I might give it a try. But if I went round a friends house and they said "My dog died so I made stew. Do you want a bit?", I'd have to decline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

liah wrote: »
    I love my dogs, more than most people

I bet I love your dogs more than you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

My dog died, i've made some stew. Anyone want to come round???

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

My dog died, i've made some stew. Anyone want to come round???

:D

No way, sure it sounds like you might have used the dog as..........hold on a sec!?..........................oh i see what you did there.

Truly a breath-taking bit of comedy. Amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Demonon

They all feel pain the same, they all have a central nervous system and nerve endings so to me it's all the same.

Stick a needle into a live chicken or a live dog and they will both have similar reactions. Pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

Wouldent eat a cat. Not cause I love them but despise I hate them. Hate being near them dead or alive vile creatures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Demonon wrote: »
    Stick a needle into a live chicken or a live dog and they will both have similar reactions.

True, but if I had a choice, I'd stick the pin into a chicken.

Fecking dog would ate ya :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

I wouldn't eat dog but I have no qualms with eating pussy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

We could finally have real dog meat in a hot dog, or cat meat in a hot dog bun and call it catdog yumm ,

also Yes yes i would eat a cat or dog. But a mouse or a rat no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

yup, id try it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Is this legal in Ireland??

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MultiUmm

I'd try cat, not a chance I'd eat a dog though. I'm biased towards dogs. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

It is said that after the second world war there were very few dogs and cats left in France. I wouldn't eat a dog or a cat under normal circumstances but if I was hungry enough I would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MultiUmm

It is said that after the second world war there were very few dogs and cats left in France. I wouldn't eat a dog or a cat under normal circumstances but if I was hungry enough I would.

Say if you were starving to death and you had a dog with you who was also starving but was your loyal and loving companion, would you really be able to eat him? I couldn't bring myself to do it. The dog won't eat you after death either, afaik they choose to starve if their owner dies and are left alone with them.

I didn't mention cats here btw because chances are the cat would up and leave you for greener pastures when they realise you ain't getting food for either of them. :pac:

Advertisement