Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just want to see what ye think of this....

Options
  • 27-06-2009 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭

Just looking for a opinions!:)

My laptop was broke for a while there and I've been using the net in a dvd place near me; the thing is that there's a really cute guy working there! We'd say hi etc and I've seen him about a bit locally too.

I don't think I was ever mad flirty when chatting to him or anything, but I definitely clocked this guy a few times. It actually got to the point where I'd feel a bit awkward going in because I was convinced he knew I liked the look of him!:o

The problem now is that my laptops fixed so I've no reason to go in and I'm missing out on my daily dose of eye candy! :P I'm fairly confident but I really don't think I'd have the nerve to go in and just chat to the guy for no reason - plus he'd probably think I was some kind of crazy stalker chick! So I'm kind of out of options unless ye have any ideas?:cool:

Didn't want to put this in PI as it's only a bit of craic really, not something I'm losing sleep over! :) Just thought it'd be interesting to see what anyone else would do in the same situation!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Become a movie buff.

Ask his opinions on new releases/classic films.

Get chatting that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

It's a DVD place ... so as Chinafoot said, go in and ask his advice about movies!

Read up on some of the latest movies, then go in and ask what he'd recommend and have a chat with him!

Having something in common / a common interest will immediately get the ball rolling! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Go in under the pretence that you are looking for a DVD, find one thats rather obscure....like Ideal with Johnny Vegas(no one ever has that) & strike up a conversation....flirt a little, try see if he is single....

This isn't chartbusters in Phibsboro is it? :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

G86 wrote: »

The problem now is that my laptops fixed !

No it isn't.

• Advertisement

Moonbaby wrote: »

Ohhhh is there a hot dude in Phibsboro?

suddenly have a need to hire a dvd

Back to seriousness though G86, you should try find out if hes single....you could ask him out...what is there to lose? The worst case scenario is that he says no...and sure theres plenty more hotties out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Silverfish wrote: »
    No it isn't.
    It isn't?! I spent 100Euro on a new flipping power cable so I should hope it is!:eek::)

ummm.....maybe, maybe not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭valery

Just looking for a opinions!:)

My laptop was broke for a while there and I've been using the net in a dvd place near me; the thing is that there's a really cute guy working there! We'd say hi etc and I've seen him about a bit locally too.

I don't think I was ever mad flirty when chatting to him or anything, but I definitely clocked this guy a few times. It actually got to the point where I'd feel a bit awkward going in because I was convinced he knew I liked the look of him!:o

The problem now is that my laptops fixed so I've no reason to go in and I'm missing out on my daily dose of eye candy! :P I'm fairly confident but I really don't think I'd have the nerve to go in and just chat to the guy for no reason - plus he'd probably think I was some kind of crazy stalker chick! So I'm kind of out of options unless ye have any ideas?:cool:

Didn't want to put this in PI as it's only a bit of craic really, not something I'm losing sleep over! :) Just thought it'd be interesting to see what anyone else would do in the same situation!

If you like him go for him , guys like women who are assertive , other half told me so :)

• Advertisement

ummm.....maybe, maybe not!

Ahhh so It is then :P
    Just go for it.....if your afraid he will say no, dont be, sure theres loads more DVD shops around:D Like Extravision.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

It isn't?! I spent 100Euro on a new flipping power cable so I should hope it is!:eek::)

yeah but, HE won't know if its fixed or not :)

Silverfish wrote: »
    yeah but, HE won't know if its fixed or not :)

haha I like your way of thinking ;)! But that's pure stalker territory going in to use the net when I have net at home!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

Getting chatting about movies, suss it out then ask him out.

I'd be MAD impressed if a girl asked me out like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

G86 I know you and you're a confident lady, so if anyone could go for it I think you could, why not sure!

Or else get me to go in there and ask him out for you! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Why not go in a few more times, get a bit flirty etc and eventually say something along the lines of "Ya won't be seeing me much anymore, my laptop's getting fixed!" If a girl said anything along those lines to me, I'd ask for her number or at the very least, get into mega flirt mode and pretty much go for it. Maybe that's just me but I reckon a hinty flirtation like that is exactly what ya need.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

A friend of mine asked the guy working in the car rental place out after she rented a car from him. She left and had hoped he would call her but he didnt cos her number was company information (this was in America). He did drive up and down her road a few times to see if he could bump into her but she decided a week later to ask him out to an Alliance Francaise event as he was over on work experience from Belgium. She has just had baby No 4... They are very happy together and she is terribly shy and would never have had the nerve to do something like that before.

Go for it.. What do you have to lose? You can avoid him if he says no.

If you tend to bump into him on the street. Maybe it would be less awkward to strike up a conversation there?
    Easier to judge of he interested in talking to you, and if you do strike out, easier to escape.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

All the best love stories start like this ........
    Ask him out.

Aye think I'll wait and see if I bump into him in the street again..I'd be mortified with the other people working in there!!:o

Thanks for the replies :)

• Advertisement

If you tend to bump into him on the street. Maybe it would be less awkward to strike up a conversation there?
    Easier to judge of he interested in talking to you, and if you do strike out, easier to escape.

good point :) Got a bit worried with your post earlier chick!! Thought I might have had a seriously disgruntled girlfriend on my hands! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Red Tempest

Yeh I'll ask him out for you! Clare and I'll do a double act!

Worst he could do is say no, and like you said, its not as if you go there much anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Do this .. go in and rent a movie or something hand him a piece of paper with your number on it! If he texts then great ... if he doesnt ok .. embarrassed for a while, but you didnt miss out on something!

Just hand the number and walk away ..........
    the rest is up to him! I would honestly do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Red Tempest

Thats a great idea. I'd do that too. And you know how shy I am!

She Devil wrote: »
    Do this .. go in and rent a movie or something hand him a piece of paper with your number on it! If he texts then great ... if he doesnt ok .. embarrassed for a while, but you didnt miss out on something!

Just hand the number and walk away ..........
    the rest is up to him! I would honestly do that.

I'd definitely do that if I knew no one else was going to be there at the time!!! You might just be on to something! Thanks chick :)

And you know how shy I am!

LIE!!!!:P

good point :) Got a bit worried with your post earlier chick!! Thought I might have had a seriously disgruntled girlfriend on my hands! :o

LOL Sorry! It is just that if it is the guy I'm thinking of. He has been pointed out to me before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Ask him out, definitely. I'd love to be asked out by a girl! Whats the worst that could happen? Rent a DVD and when you give it back give it back to him with your number or something.

Aw jeeny.. perfect opportunity today, he was standing outside the place when I went down to the shop...but I chickened out!!!:rolleyes:

I think tis a lost cause, I simply have to admit to myself that I'm all talk and no action!:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭valery

Aw jeeny.. perfect opportunity today, he was standing outside the place when I went down to the shop...but I chickened out!!!:rolleyes:

I think tis a lost cause, I simply have to admit to myself that I'm all talk and no action!:o

G86, Im an "owl one" 40 to be precise. So, I feel a little awkward saying this to you cos your prob. half my age, but..........have you ever considered the
    poor fella could be absolutely crazy about you !!!!!!! and he is toooooo shy to approach you. you have to make a stand for womanhood and go ask the fella out........quickly. ps. he could be hung like a ............oooh there i go again. :), my mind is a sewer, really. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement