Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR prepay plan, €30 simplicity now €20, in-store/online sale.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Yes you can move to this plan, all you need to do is switch from your current plan to PAYG and then sign up to this offer by sending the text. Just be aware that this plan is similar to your current plan but not identical, currently there is no roaming on this plan and also voicemail is not free either.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Yes you can move to this plan, all you need to do is switch from your current plan to PAYG and then sign up to this offer by sending the text. Just be aware that this plan is similar to your current plan but not identical, currently there is no roaming on this plan and also voicemail is not free either.

I can't see any way of switching online ,shop only ?

I have looked at the few differences and happy to change ,never use voicemail and won't the roaming be changed in a few weeks so shouldn't matter?

yabadabado wrote: »
    I can't see any way of switching online ,shop only ?

I have looked at the few differences and happy to change ,never use voicemail and won't the roaming be changed in a few weeks so shouldn't matter?

Can't you just ring customer care on 1905?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Aquos76 wrote: »

You need to ring 171 the first time to set up voicemail, after that 08x 5xxxxxxx (5 between prefix and number) followed by # when it connects will get you in for free. I changed my default speed dial to that instead of 171. It is a pity that they don't support visual voicemail.

I was wondering would that work ok, that way you're technically just ringing another mobile number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Was an existing meteor customer on the 30 euro prepay all texts, calls and 15gb data.

Texted a few weeks back to switch to the 20 euro a month for same deal, first time to top up on the new deal was this morning , 20 euro top up , and new deal activated.

20 euro every 28 days for calls texts and 15gn of data is hard to be beaten.. well pleased .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,520 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Changed over from €20 unlimited calls and texts a few days ago to €20 unlimited calls/texts/15Gb data after reading about it in this thread, very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

Offer seems be over in stores, I called into an Athlone Golden Island store last night enquired and the salesman hadn't a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 29,618 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

You need to ring 171 the first time to set up voicemail, after that 08x 5xxxxxxx (5 between prefix and number) followed by # when it connects will get you in for free. I changed my default speed dial to that instead of 171. It is a pity that they don't support visual voicemail.

****ing thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

is this offer over? Anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Still on their website so assume it is

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

is this offer over? Anyone know?

I signed up today for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Does anyone know if it's an automatic roll-over of top-up from your credit card every month or do you have to manually top-up each 28 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Does anyone know if it's an automatic roll-over of top-up from your credit card every month or do you have to manually top-up each 28 days?

The Simplicity plans are not topup offers.

They charge your account that much every 28 days. If you have enough credit then it deducts €20 from your credit and gives you another 28 days :cool:

breathn wrote: »

They charge your account that much every 28 days. If you have enough credit then it deducts €20 from your credit and gives you another 28 days :cool:

I've now added my CC details to auto top-up every month. Also, my Pre-Pay Meteor Simplicity plan is for 30 days.

Also, my Pre-Pay Meteor Simplicity plan is for 30 days.

Changing to 28 days from next topup from June 8th.

breathn wrote: »

What happens if you topup on day7. Does it just add 20 to credit and nothing else until day 1 again and take the 20 or does it take the 20 straight away and the clock on the 30/28 days start again

TheDriver wrote: »
    What happens if you topup on day7. Does it just add 20 to credit and nothing else until day 1 again and take the 20 or does it take the 20 straight away and the clock on the 30/28 days start again

The €20 is credited to your account but isn't deducted from the account until the end of the 30/28 day period.

The Cush wrote: »
    Changing to 28 days from next topup from June 8th.

How is the auto top-up direct supposed to work when it's done on a monthly basis?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭DopeTech

How is the auto top-up direct supposed to work when it's done on a monthly basis?

They'll obviously add the option to set auto topup every 28 days when that kicks in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

FrostyJim wrote: »
    They'll obviously add the option to set auto topup every 28 days when that kicks in.

They haven't. You just need to top up when you get the warning text.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭DopeTech

desbrook wrote: »
    They haven't. You just need to top up when you get the warning text.

After the 8th of June i'm sure they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Brilliant offer. I switched today. Very impressed. Took under an hour to port my number over. Did a speed test and getting 50+ download speed. Cant beat it. One question, whats the deal going to be for roaming? I was on the chat section of the website. The assistant told me it will be roam like at home from June 8th. Does that mean I wont have to pay when I go to Portugal in July? Im confused.

Its more than anyone else is saying in meteor. We'll have to wait and see

Just to add, meteor have confirmed on the forum that those of us on the €30 for €20 offer get the higher 6.3gb data limit when roaming, as opposed to the 4gb limit for normal €20 top ups.

https://www.meteor.ie/simply-eu/

brilliant news, thats a lot of data abroad when we're used to nothing. Especially as thats probably for 1-2 weeks for most people.
    Can u still tether when roaming?

They don't have any tethering restrictions at home iirc so I hope that would carry over.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Interesting101

Just to add, meteor have confirmed on the forum that those of us on the €30 for €20 offer get the higher 6.3gb data limit when roaming, as opposed to the 4gb limit for normal €20 top ups.

https://www.meteor.ie/simply-eu/

Is the 30 for 20 offer not 15gb data so why would you only get 6.3??

Also just to note ive given false info forum before so might want to see it on website.

If its accurate ill prob switch over to it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Is the 30 for 20 offer not 15gb data so why would you only get 6.3??

Also just to note ive given false info forum before so might want to see it on website.

If its accurate ill prob switch over to it

6.3 is what you can use roaming.
    15 overall allowance.

• Advertisement

The EU regulations were for a minimum amount and also allow a data cap, both are based on what the wholesale amount of data that the monthly plan cost would buy. Calls and texts are used as at home but they aren't breaking the regulations by having a proportion of the data.

Advertisement