Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst fashion trends at the moment?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

zerks wrote: »
    Beany hats in the Summer, "oh look at me,the sun is splitting the stones so I'll stick a wooly hat on my head", knobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

ISIS type beards!

Don't get me wrong, I like traditional beards, but this new style/shape of beard does the wearer no favours what so ever.

...in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

People with eyes. Eeww

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

I feel your pain m8. I had biebers original haircut before he first broke out, then i had ripped jeans in 2014 (due to not having any new jeans) which kanye decided to make a fashion line, then i went buzz cut and justin bieber stole that too. Very frustrating

O jasus your gonna get me started. Ripped. jeans. What kind of a moron buys an intentionally damaged piece of clothing. "But it looks cool". It looks like you bought damaged clothes intentionally and are there fore a ****ehawk. Maybe I'm a sexist but when I see women in ripped clothes, it passes by me like water over a rock but when I see a fella wearing some.... He's automatically in the silly cvnt bucket awaiting drowning with all the other mongoloid kittens!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Young - less young men wearing backwards baseball caps (snapbacks?)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

fizzypish wrote: »
    O jasus your gonna get me started. Ripped. jeans. What kind of a moron buys an intentionally damaged piece of clothing. "But it looks cool". It looks like you bought damaged clothes intentionally and are there fore a ****ehawk. Maybe I'm a sexist but when I see women in ripped clothes, it passes by me like water over a rock but when I see a fella wearing some.... He's automatically in the silly cvnt bucket awaiting drowning with all the other mongoloid kittens!

I love ripped jeans. I don't wear jeans very much, and don't own a lot of pairs but I love the distressed boyfriend style jeans. Proper distressed now, not the ones with knees that look like you fell running for the bus

main.original.600x0c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

Probably been said already but blue suits with pointy brown shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I love ripped jeans. I don't wear jeans very much, and don't own a lot of pairs but I love the distressed boyfriend style jeans...

Could you tell me why these are called "distressed boyfriend" jeans? Speak, O Guru!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

jimgoose wrote: »
    Could you tell me why these are called "distressed boyfriend" jeans? Speak, O Guru!!

They are a looser fit, as if you were wearing your boyfriends jeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Parchment wrote: »
    They are a looser fit, as if you were wearing your boyfriends jeans.

And is it the jeans that are "distressed", referring to the damage, or the boyfriend, because some little wagon has stolen and mutilated his trousers? :pac:

• Advertisement

And is it the jeans that are "distressed", referring to the damage, or the boyfriend, because some little wagon has stolen and mutilated his trousers? :pac:

Sorry - yes distressed is ripped/holes etc.

I love ripped jeans. I don't wear jeans very much, and don't own a lot of pairs but I love the distressed boyfriend style jeans. Proper distressed now, not the ones with knees that look like you fell running for the bus

Can't do it. The rational side of my brain says "Fizzy, you aint a fashionable guy. Just let it go. Your not meant to understand". The problem occurs when the rational side is informed that someone paid good money for ripped jeans. The rational brain takes over "Bu...but your legs will get wet and cold. The bits of thread and **** could be tickly or uncomfortable against your knee. The life of the jeans will be reduced due to the fundamental structure being weakened. A normal un-ruined pair of jeans would look just as good. I don't understand. why. whyyyy. WHYYYYYYYYY". *Wakes up naked in a field in Kerry.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I'm another one to hate those thick eyebrows on women. It just looks like two of those furry caterpillars have crawled up and decided to stop for a snooze unbeknownst to the lady.
    Then again, when I was 20, the fashion was to shave them off and paint them back on.....:pac: I always just stayed with well shaped brows, what's wrong with that!

I don't mind skinny jeans or ripped jeans or bootcut, I own all of them and depending on what I'm at I wear different ones. (currently skinnies as I'm in and out of overalls for the last few days with a sickly calf)
    Ripped jeans are great for flashing a bit of skin if it's too cold for a short dress on a night out! Proper ripped ones now, that look like an angle grinder was taken to them. Ones that take about 5 goes to get into as you keep getting your feet stuck in the holes and you just make the rips bigger each time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I can't say I am mad about distressed jeans or embroidery, patches, ruffles and all that stuff. I always thought well tailored, well fitting, simple clothing works best. Oh I also don't like florals. That rules out about 90% of current trends.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Jrop wrote: »
    wearing jackets that are two sizes too small and trousers that would cut the family jewels in half. Fashionable me arse

Hate to tell you this but that jacket is the right size for him. Perfect length in the arms, perfect length in the body, not hanging off his shoulders.

I have noticed a lot of people wear clothes that are obviously too big for them, I think it's a hangover from when they were kids and their ma would by them clothes that they'd grow into.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,752 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Sorry - yes distressed is ripped/holes etc.

Saw a girl in Italy and the ripped jeans she had were practically hanging off her. Not just knees but big rips up the sides. It's like they were fit for the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

awec wrote: »
    Hate to tell you this but that jacket is the right size for him. Perfect length in the arms, perfect length in the body, not hanging off his shoulders.

I have noticed a lot of people wear clothes that are obviously too big for them, I think it's a hangover from when they were kids and their ma would by them clothes that they'd grow into.

Have to disagree. The lengths are fine but the sleeves are too tight and it wouldn't close around the front. I think it's just poorly made though.

Don't like jeans with rips in them myself but not really for fashion reasons. Have had a few pairs in the past but find that eventually the rips get bigger and the in the end the jeans don't last as long.

Have to disagree. The lengths are fine but the sleeves are too tight and it wouldn't close around the front. I think it's just poorly made though.

The sleeves are perfect and it'd close no problem. It's a fitted jacket, not a big winter coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Then it would be about hoodies and socks. F*cking amount I've lost over the years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,752 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The sleeves are perfect and it'd close no problem. It's a fitted jacket, not a big winter coat.

It looks tight and uncomfortable, as well as being a ridiculous hybrid of council jacket and duffel coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭newport2

razorblunt wrote: »
    What's a cold shouldered top?

It's a top so awful that even your mates end up giving you the cold shoulder so nobody thinks they're with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Those awful floral tops/dresses akin to granny's 80s curtains. Usually paired with leggings. Makes girls look very frumpy and they're unflattering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

I know it's fitted,. There's a slight pull on the shoulders imo, possibly due to the layers underneath. If you're layering like that then a size up would look better. Not that I'm going to lose sleep about it or anything :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

I sometimes wonder where the idea for the topknot came from...

Topknot_edit.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Puffa Jackets. They seem to be a wardrobe staple every year but all I see are people walking around like lagged hot water cylinders on legs.

Special hatred for the ankle length ones.

I'm a practicality over style person most of the time and I know they are lovely and warm, but I draw the line at wearing those!

Hate to tell you but that jacket is way too small for him.

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Puffa Jackets. They seem to be a wardrobe staple every year but all I see are people walking around like lagged hot water cylinders on legs.

Special hatred for the ankle length ones.

I'm a practicality over style person most of the time and I know they are lovely and warm, but I draw the line at wearing those!

I think you mean puffer jackets - like the down filled ones.

Puffa jackets are actually pretty classic and always look good if you ask me.

Hate to tell you but that jacket is way too small for him.
    I agree. I doubt he'd be able to cross his arms with tension or by the looks of it, close it easily. Not sure why but when trying on jackets I always think if I happened to be suddenly savaged by a pack of badgers, could I fight back or would the jacket imprison me and become my tomb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I think you mean puffer jackets - like the down filled ones.

Puffa jackets are actually pretty classic and always look good if you ask me.

Both!

Advertisement