Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst fashion trends at the moment?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

I detest Man buns, men balding on top with a ponytail, grey scraggy ponytails on aul lads yuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

It's time to get over this.

I've noticed the only people who have issues with skinny jeans are fat cünts and farmers who can't get away from bootcut jeans and salmon shirts.

I've been skinny my whole life & I would never wear skinny jeans. They look horrendous on men. Slim fit all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,831 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Fake tan, I just don't see how women think it looks good.

That tangerine orange coloured sh*t?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Young fellas with haircuts like a greek vagina, or that stevie-wonder-did-it quiff. Stop it lads, ye look ****ing ridiculous.

I'm still trying to figure out what a Greek vagina looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Scraggy, caveman beards. Give it a couple of years and everyone will be looking back wondering what the hell was going on. Kids will be going to fancy dress parties as hipsters in the same way people used to dress up in hippy costumes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,290 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

BetsyEllen wrote: »
    Weird obsession with Conor McGregor on this thread...
    All the fella's slagging him - you honestly sound bitter and jealous!

I've seen a few photos of Conor before he grew the beard and got all the tattoos and he looked a lot better in my honest opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

The Geordie Shore look. Fake hair, nails, lips, stretched skin, too much make up.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I've seen a few photos of Conor before he grew them beard and got all the tattoos and he looked a lot better in my honest opinion.

Whatever about how he dresses, what's the deal with the creepy 80s sex offender glasses?

conor-mcgregor-ufc202-post-750.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

You folk are so judgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭pajo1981

You folk are so judgy.

Yeah +1. Getting in a tizzy over how folks dress nakes Jesus cry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Whatever about how he dresses, what's the deal with the creepy 80s sex offender glasses?

conor-mcgregor-ufc202-post-750.jpg

Pr!ck looks like he's denying his involvement in the IRA at the height of things in the north.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Women :
    - Those hideous HD eyebrows
    -Fancy long fake nails with nail art
    -GAA clothes as normal wear
    -Athleisure

Men:
    -Skinny jeans
    -Skinny tracksuit pants (shudder)
    -Suits with waistcoats
    -Brown shoes with suits

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Coffee Fulled Runner

I wouldn't call it a fashionable but common with young men from small towns and rural areas.

Eto jeans
    Superdry jacket
    T shirt with a big manufacturer logo print like Jack Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I didn't know skinny jeans are still fashionable. They are more a road kill that is refusing to die. Especially on men.

Anyway people trying too hard to be 'on trend' when 'on trend' is about three years behind times.

As for actual trends, I am not gone on oversized clothing, especially sleeves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

pajo1981 wrote: »
    Yeah +1. Getting in a tizzy over how folks dress nakes Jesus cry.

Nothing wrong with thinking someone shouldn't have worn something, nor hating an entire trend. (I think leather shoes with no socks just looks silly).

But calling people areholes and dickheads because of what they're wearing, seriously? Get over yourselves.

Can't believe nobody has mentioned Paul 'I throw things' Galvin. Guy needs to wake up and realise he ain't no fashionista.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Can't believe nobody has mentioned Paul 'I throw things' Galvin. Guy needs to wake up and realise he ain't no fashionista.

He is a state!

He sure can rock Trigger's donkey jacket.

zzzPaulGalvinDunnes_large.jpg?width=648&s=ie-322717

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Ye can all feck right off. I had a big face of ginger hair well before the whole McGregor thing took off. Been sporting a beard since 2011 at least AND I was wearing that ****er even before my face knew how to grow it. Now that I can successfully pull off the Luke Kelly I wont be scared off of it by posers!!! Besides its cold over here and when my breath condenses on my beard and then freezes, I feel mightily manly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

fizzypish wrote: »
    ...its cold over here and when my breath condenses on my beard and then freezes, I feel mightily manly.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

He sure can rock Trigger's donkey jacket.

zzzPaulGalvinDunnes_large.jpg?width=648&s=ie-322717

wearing jackets that are two sizes too small and trousers that would cut the family jewels in half. Fashionable me arse

He sure can rock Trigger's donkey jacket...

What's with that fella's head? It's completely out of proportion to the rest of him. :pac:

jimgoose wrote: »
    What's with that fella's head? It's completely out of proportion to the rest of him. :pac:

It's cos he's poured into teeny clothes.

It's cos he's poured into teeny clothes.

It's fashion...you wouldn't understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

:D
    Jrop wrote: »
    wearing jackets that are two sizes too small and trousers that would cut the family jewels in half. Fashionable me arse

Never mind that. I can't get passed the denim on denim. Does he even own a mirror?

He even has his own clothing range out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

(Bad) Hair extensions

He even has his own clothing range out.

He has. He's in the local Dunnes Stores here, beside Paul Costelloe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

fizzypish wrote: »
    Ye can all feck right off. I had a big face of ginger hair well before the whole McGregor thing took off. Been sporting a beard since 2011 at least AND I was wearing that ****er even before my face knew how to grow it. Now that I can successfully pull off the Luke Kelly I wont be scared off of it by posers!!! Besides its cold over here and when my breath condenses on my beard and then freezes, I feel mightily manly.

I feel your pain m8. I had biebers original haircut before he first broke out, then i had ripped jeans in 2014 (due to not having any new jeans) which kanye decided to make a fashion line, then i went buzz cut and justin bieber stole that too. Very frustrating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Most comments read like they are from 10 yrs ago. For me that shows "fashion" these days has plateaued and it barely changes any more. No extremes like decades ago at least.

I was watching some late night tv recently, Ramsey's kitchen nightmares I think, and was shocked at the end when it said it was from 2007. Barely a difference in people's appearance, just a few things like a few stale expressions or old phones really stood out.

Imagine watching an 1985 programme in 1995...the difference would be incredible.

Advertisement