Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferguson Ariva 120 Users Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭dodzy

Tony wrote: »
    LO = Local oscillator, basicially its part of the LNB function to down convert the high frequency satellite broadcast to a lower . frequency that can be carried by the coax cable . Its worth checking as Byte as pointed out.
    Hey Tony,

so there's a 120 thread, a 150 thread, and now I just might add a 250 specific thread. Just to P1ss you off a wee bit, and take up more of your time.......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

dodzy wrote: »
    Hey Tony,

so there's a 120 thread, a 150 thread, and now I just might add a 250 specific thread. Just to P1ss you off a wee bit, and take up more of your time.......:D

I think its good to have specific threads to be honest as long as guys don't cross post . Its good to give something back :)

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭dodzy

I think its good to have specific threads to be honest as long as guys don't cross post . Its good to give something back :)
    My 250 left Germany at 7.00am today according to UPS tracker. I'll get a write up done once its unboxed. Interested to see if the 150/250 firmwares are cross transferrable, not that I'm keen on this area following the spate of incorrect updates from members on the 120 variant, added to the fact that the updates added little apart from the lipsync fix early on.

/back on "120" topic

It will be interesting to see what you think (on the new thread) :)

dodzy wrote: »
    My 250 left Germany at 7.00am today according to UPS tracker. I'll get a write up done once its unboxed. Interested to see if the 150/250 firmwares are cross transferrable, not that I'm keen on this area following the spate of incorrect updates from members on the 120 variant, added to the fact that the updates added little apart from the lipsync fix early on.

/back on "120" topic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

where does one access the LO menu to change the settings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Hi did you get sky news scanned in? I couldn't find it on my aunt's ariva yet everything else tuned fine. Also has anyone had an issue with the remote not working?

Hi,

R u sure its the remote?

I had an issue with the Mother Board - the infra-red had gone - had to get the mother board replaced.

Regards

Iba

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

where does one access the LO menu to change the settings?
    Look under "antenna setup"
    You should see something like "LNB Freq"

The correct settings are" Universal 9.750 / 10.600 "

In some cases it seems this is wrongly set to 10.700

See page 18 of the manual.

http://www.tvtrade.ie/index.php?dispatch=attachments.getfile&attachment_id=118

Hi,

Anybody got a clue why:

On my Humax STB I can pull in a few hundred channels from Badr 4 (26 degrees) but on my Ariva 120, I can only pull in 12 channels?

Regards

Iba

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

iba wrote: »
    Hi,

Anybody got a clue why:

On my Humax STB I can pull in a few hundred channels from Badr 4 (26 degrees) but on my Ariva 120, I can only pull in 12 channels?

Regards

Iba

Did you try a blind scan rather than relying on the supplied channel list.

Did you try a blind scan rather than relying on the supplied channel list.

Hi Gerry,

Yeah, I just did a full blind scan

Regards

Iba

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Irishdudedave

Does anybody know any other universal remote codes for the 120?

I have a one for all URC-7130 remote and none of the codes in the manual or online are working for me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭billyfromdublin

hi guys will doing a channel rescan remove my FAV list ????

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

hi guys will doing a channel rescan remove my FAV list ????

cheers

No. It justs adds new channels to the All channel list.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Strawberry HillBilly

Sorry if covered earlier - but I am looking to get Football subscription card for next season and with my set up looks like a choice between Al Jazerra or Cyfra+ on 13E.

Can anyone confirm if these subcription cards will clear on the Ariva 120 ?

Cyfra will

Sorry if covered earlier - but I am looking to get Football subscription card for next season and with my set up looks like a choice between Al Jazerra or Cyfra+ on 13E.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 harrys

Hi there, hope someone can help.

HD TV works fine on loopthrough from box. Says 64% signal level on Channel 48 from Maghera. "Good" according to TV

On Arriva box, the Saorview channels break up and often pixellate every 10-15 secs making them unwatchable. All connections checked.

On the info bar:

Blue 90% Green (Quality?) 60-90% Yellow varies from 35-85%

Breaks in picture seem to coincide with a green dip down to 60%

Software level V2.15B8 outside antenna

Any ideas?

Disconnect both the loopthrough and the HDMI cable and connect via scart and see does it make any difference to the problem.

harrys wrote: »

HD TV works fine on loopthrough from box. Says 64% signal level on Channel 48 from Maghera. "Good" according to TV

On Arriva box, the Saorview channels break up and often pixellate every 10-15 secs making them unwatchable. All connections checked.

On the info bar:

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭willyb007

Yes I will Confirm BOTH cards work, I have been using Cyfra+ and a Viaccess Al Jazeera card in my 120 for over a year now. I do not know if the Irdeto version of the Al Jazeera Card will work in the 120 tho.

U r aware that Al-Jazeera does not show premier league soccer.

And BTW I use Cfyra bought rom Satskelp

Regards

Iba

Thanks Iba and willyb007 - looks like the Cyfra+ from Satskelp for me. Getting a little dodgy reception on 13e on an 80cm dish, especially in the evenings - is this normal or do you reckon an alignment issue ? I can't get SuperTennis HD either - would that confirm alignment issue ?

• Advertisement

Thanks Iba and willyb007 - looks like the Cyfra+ from Satskelp for me. Getting a little dodgy reception on 13e on an 80cm dish, especially in the evenings - is this normal or do you reckon an alignment issue ? I can't get SuperTennis HD either - would that confirm alignment issue ?

Your welcome Strawerry,

I have a 1.1m Triax so really cant say but i would have thought that 13 comes in ok on an 80cm dish - but im sure more knowlegeable people than me on other threads can answer u.

Regards

Iba

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Tonio

iba wrote: »
    Your welcome Strawerry,

I have a 1.1m Triax so really cant say but i would have thought that 13 comes in ok on an 80cm dish - but im sure more knowlegeable people than me on other threads can answer u.

Regards

Iba

Comes in loud and clear on an 80cm triax here in Cork.

No probs pal, I also have a 80 cm dish and with decent quality. However in heavy rain the HD Channels on Cyfra will break up but not to worry cos the SD versions work fine on a 80CM dish even in the heaviest of rain for me atleast.

Also lad dont give up on the Al Jazeera card, exceptional value if your into La Liga, Bundesliga, Eirdivisie, Ligue 1, SPL etc. and at €99 on JSC Cards to buy for a year excellent value & only €69 to renew every year after.

Thanks Willyb007 - can you link where Al Jazerra available at €99 - thought it was way more expensive than that ?

Thanks Willyb007 - can you link where Al Jazerra available at €99 - thought it was way more expensive than that ?

No its good value for the stuff it covers. I have not bought with these, but I am re-newing with them at the weekend & buying another Cyfra Card from Satsklep. Anyways lad here is the link to the card (bear in mind it don't include p&p) http://www.jsc-cards.com/order/buy-al-jazeera-card-1to-8-one-year.html .

If you decide get it elsewhere I bought mine from Tech-Digital last year. I got it through their Ebay shop.

Just Checked JSC Cards there and there is an option for free shipping or €30 courrier service. I know which one id choose! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Villan11

Just finished setting up my 120HD and noticed a lip sync issue, so downloaded latest firmware and added it to USB key. Then quickly upgraded...... That was the problem, i did it so quick that I picked the wrong file and somehow managed to put firmware for my Openbox onto my Ariva. The strange thing is that the box still has some limited functionality, although i have to use my openbox remote. Have tried to update to Ariva firmware but get error saying mismatch.

Doe anyone know how I can force an update??

• Registered Users Posts: 28 harrys

Disconnect both the loopthrough and the HDMI cable and connect via scart and see does it make any difference to the problem.

Thanks for getting back Tony.

Did that, and tried it with brand new SCART. No change, if anything slightly worse.

Somehow the box is attenuating the signal??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

harrys wrote: »

On the info bar:

Any ideas?

The yellow indicator is the time gone & remaining on the current programme.

If your Quality is varying from 60% to 90% then there would appear to be something the matter with the aerial or its connections.
    I have a steady 90% here on the Ariva 120.

The Ariva 120 tuner is likely less sensitive than the TV tuner and so the pic would break up before the TV pic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Villan11 wrote: »
    Just finished setting up my 120HD and noticed a lip sync issue, so downloaded latest firmware and added it to USB key. Then quickly upgraded...... That was the problem, i did it so quick that I picked the wrong file and somehow managed to put firmware for my Openbox onto my Ariva. The strange thing is that the box still has some limited functionality, although i have to use my openbox remote. Have tried to update to Ariva firmware but get error saying mismatch.

Doe anyone know how I can force an update??

If you have a limited functionality with the openbox remote (same chipset with different key mapping btw), then you might not have to do whats in the second paragraph. Download the proper firmware for the 120 from the ferguson website, load it to a usb key and select "upgrade by USB" in menu, then choose allcode+bootboader, then the file on the usb should be displayed, then click down to start. Let it get to 100%, it should then reboot and you are back on the Ariva software.

If that doesnt work, you need to connect the box to a PC's serial port and the Ariva box's R232 port on back of box with a Null modem cable (about €2 on ebay). You then download the Ariva updater tool from Ferguson's website for that model and load the software abs file from the PC. It will resurrect your box.

They are hard to kill. The Rom is protected on the chip and allows for recovery easily without Jtagging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭livdmg

Anyone check out "midlands 103" they have something called crunch busters with the ferguson ariva 120 combo for 70 euros.

Advertisement