Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Once Upon A Time (ABC) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

who is this supposed to be for?

does the US have the saturday evening Dr Who slot, I can onyl presume its for there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,490 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Pilot review, major spoilers....also Kristen at Eonline watched the pilot four times, so i expect she really like it:

http://io9.com/5805156/weve-seen-abcs-new-fairytale-show-once-upon-a-time

Additional clips, i'm definately giving this a chance, i'm not sure if i'd like Enchanted or a darker fairytale take....as i like both avenues :)

• Advertisement

Anastasia Griffith has been cast in a recurring role on another new ABC drama series, the fairy tale-themed Once Upon a Time. She will play Annette who is spoiled and regal.

Deadline.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

I'm not normally drawn to fantasy-type stuff, but the writing pedigree behind this (Kitsis and Horowitz, with Lindelof as consultant) makes me want to give it a chance. Whatever people may think about Lost these guys know how to draw and keep an audience. Never really took to Morrison in her How I Met Your Mother appearances though.

I'd say this series will either be a huge hit or a huge flop. At least they're not branding it as "the next Lost". Any series that this has been said of previously has failed miserably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

Jamie Dornan is a babe. That's the only thing that's peaked my interest about this. It doesn't look like a hit to me at this stage.

• Advertisement

YES!....Karen is back on our box!, Jessy Schram (Falling Skies) is cast in OUAT: http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/08/falling-skies-star-jessy-schram-is-once-upon-a-times-cinderella.html

More casting news: Tim Phillipps (Neighbours, Bed of Roses) has been cast as the Prince of Cinderella (Jessy Schram) on Once Upon A Time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,030 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not terrible.. but not particularly great either!

A tad soapy, a tad cheesy but a largely a talented cast. Could actually be quite well-recieved by US audiences methinks.

But Jesus ABC.. stop harping on about "From The Writers of Lost" blurb, Horozwitz and Kitsis together wrote some of the weakest episodes of the show.

Saw it last night, it was OK...not great but not bad either, not as cheesy as i was expecting. I did monster ratings last night...but sure to fall from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Watched that last night. Thought it was really good. I hope this gets a full season and isnt axed after a couple of episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Seemed interesting, has possibilities. Hope its given a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

It wasn't bad but there was a lot of set up to get through. The real proof of what it's like will be next week. It could go either way, I'm not sure how long it can go on for the plot doesn't seem very open ended.

I did have a bit of a hard time believing Morrison as a 28 year old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I'll probably watch the pilot just for Rob Carlyle and try to get out of the habit of thinking Dr. Rush whenever I see him..

I think the real test of this show, it's potential, it's direction, will depend alot on tonights episode as the pilot didn't offer us much plotwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I'm hearing there was a lot of Lost Easter Eggs in the Pilot, with the numbers 108 and 815 popping up at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

On paper this show shouldn't work and the promos made it look cheesy and childish, so I wasn't even going to give it a chance, but when I saw the ratings it pulled in and then heard rave reviews I thought it best to give it a chance...

And I'm very glad I did, because it was freakin' awesome. Its the first time i've been excited about a new drama series in several years

The second episode was excellent!....lots of backstory, the queen and Dr. Rush are by far the best actors. Evil queen pulled tons of skullduggery to get rid of Emma!, then....she kills her own father!

The flashbacks into the fairytale world is the most interesting part, the effects while not high end look pretty good. It's actually isin't as cheesy or childish as i thought, can be quite adult at times.

It's sorta like a less fluffy Enchanted, but ep. 2 was great!

Gus Fring = AWESOME!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Overall I liked the first 2 episodes so I'm really looking forward to following the rest of this series now. The only thing I didn't like was a few of the fairytale world scenes in the pilot episode which were a little bit cheesy but other than that it has an interesting and original premise, and the acting and cinematography are very good.

If you liked Lost or just looking for a different type of show than I'd say give it a chance and watch the first 2 episodes.

Watched the 2nd ep last night and really enjoyed it. Does anybody else think it is going to go down the LOST route of telling a different characters back story every week along with the overall story arc?

I just noticed on the official Facebook page that they put up the first 10 minutes of the upcoming episode a few days before each episode. I'd prefer to wait for the full episode but there might be some people who'd like to see a bit of the episode sooner.

It's great that soo many different/genre shows are doing well....it sure beats the cops/doctors/lawyers shows which i loathe!, fresh episode tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Knew this would be on boards somewhere :) Saw Grimm advertised on the place where i stream...looked it up and saw in the reviews that OUAT was better so watched the first two episodes last night...omg i love it! Getting ready to watch epi 3 as i type...yay :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Watched episode 3. It's a good show but I can't help but feel that we already know the ending? Given that the whole plot is for Emma to restore the happy endings I guess each episode is just going to be a stepping stone towards that inevitable goal.

Enjoying it anyway, certainly better than the only other Monday show I have being TWD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

I'm enjoying it cos it's something different but struggling to see how they could stretch a few seasons out of it..but then again who knows what road it'll take..I'm loving the real life comparisons..toll bridge, troll bridge etc :P..so simple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Redisle wrote: »
    Watched episode 3. It's a good show but I can't help but feel that we already know the ending? Given that the whole plot is for Emma to restore the happy endings I guess each episode is just going to be a stepping stone towards that inevitable goal.

Except that's clearly not the plot, just what Rumplestiltskin wants the characters on both sides to believe. The real plot is why he has set this plan in motion and what he hopes to gain from it, which we don't have a clue about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Deadly. I love her.

• Advertisement

"Chay-lie... a dingo stole my bay-bee!"

Basq wrote: »
    "Chay-lie... a dingo stole my bay-bee!"

Lost refrence i presume?....not a fan of her tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

So did cinderella just have a 10 year pregnancy? Or what's going on....Henry was adopted 10 years ago,surely more time would've passed for the characters.

I must admit, i got quite weepy during ep. 3 - i'm a sucker for a good love story...i am not that interested in the Storybrooke part of this show, i think the fairytale part is the best. You're taking all these famous characters like Snow White etc. but the producers are creating brand new stories and mythology for them, so it's like you're seeing a very different take on the classic stories.

I like the show alot, my isssue is it needs to be more and do more with the modern day setting, move it along...add some threat, Evil Queen/Mayor chick needs to start offing people or something, not seen ep. 4 yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The first 3 episodes were good but the fourth was sub standard .

I enjoyed episode 4 but it was let down a bit by the actors playing Cinderella and her prince.
    angelll wrote: »
    So did cinderella just have a 10 year pregnancy? Or what's going on....Henry was adopted 10 years ago,surely more time would've passed for the characters.
    Time was frozen in Storybrooke until Emma showed up, so I think Cinderella was in a permanent state of pregnancy during the 10 years. I think Henry was born outside of Storybrooke so he isn't affected by the time freeze (possibly). I dunno though, they are still establishing the rules of the show so hopefully these things will become clearer as the season progresses.

Episode schedule:

1-01 23/Oct/11 Pilot
    1-02 30/Oct/11 The Thing You Love Most
    1-03 06/Nov/11 Snow Falls
    1-04 13/Nov/11 The Price of Gold
    1-05 27/Nov/11 That Still Small Voice
    1-06 04/Dec/11 The Shepherd
    1-07 11/Dec/11 The Heart is a Lonely Hunter
    1-08 18/Dec/11 Desperate Souls
    1-09 /12 True North

^ oops...read it wrong, idiot alert.

Robert Carlyle is ace at playing Rumple, pretty lavish fourth ep. - the costumes, hairstyles, sets, probably 1-200 extras....looked great!, as always it's the fairytale world that holds the most interest, but we're four eps. in and no overall story/arc/direction has been established.

We don't know WHAT the evil queen or Rumple are playing at or what they want + no one has gotten a happy ending, least not in the context i understood from the pilot?
    But i do enjoy the show, it's at least a little different from yer usual crap that gets churned out.

FYI....no episode tonight, American Music Awards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement