Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lyric fm's Breakfast show presenter - Marty Whelan.

1383940414244»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I was hoping TodayFM would give Marty the job as voice of the nation so miles away from breakfast classical.

Having looked at their ad, I've some doubts as to whether that will actually happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

Calina wrote: »
    I was hoping TodayFM would give Marty the job as voice of the nation so miles away from breakfast classical.

Having looked at their ad, I've some doubts as to whether that will actually happen.

Mmmm. Its a thought though.
    Have they the financially welly for such an offer me wonders ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Mmmm. Its a thought though.
    Have they the financially welly for such an offer me wonders ?

If they have not, Lyric are paying Marty too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Expunge

Looks like a classic SaveOurLyric/Yvonne/Hugo inititiative.

They start all dissapproving and within 20 posts, he/she is telling us all the great plans management have for MITM in the coming months.

Spouting his Blueshirt philosophy on Twitter is not keeping him sufficiently occupied at the moment. He must be bored.

We have been here before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭jmcc

Well hello there !

Anyone following Marts build up to the old Crimbo ?
    Who?

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,526 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Well hello there !

Anyone following Marts build up to the old Crimbo ?
    jmcc wrote: »
    Who?

Regards...jmcc

What?

I turned over a few times the other morning to Lyric, and every single time I did (must have flicked the station on about five or six times in over an hour) what I heard was Marty talking. Not once did I turn over and hear music.

Has anyone done a count of the time spent talking as opposed to playing music (on a music station) by Marty?

I'm going to email Lyric this morning about it. For all the good I expect it to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Futher continuation of trolling and questioning how this thread is moderated will result in lengthy bans. Either continue the discussion about the topic at hand or I will lock the thread and this discussion will not be allowed to continue here or as a new thread. Forum Rules are quite clear on off-topic discussions and Back Seat Moderation.

For the record multiple accounts were reported up the chain and I was moderating this forum on my own for quite some time. Thankfully that has changed in recent times.

////// thread now closed until further notice due because the warning has been ignored/////

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement