Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPOILERS: We're Alive Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Yeah I like that idea Kess, that tattoo is collecting suitable candidates. I need to go back and listen to the old ones again too... I remember most of this stuff but it's a little fuzzy.

So - could the hospital be their "base" for upgrades/conversion? And, if so, then what was the arena? Just food storage?

I think the arena was as you say. A food storage area, and I would guess that they have a number of them as the city would have had millions of people in it when the outbreak started. So even if as low as 1 in 5 became creatures, there would still be a 7 figure number of creatures just in that one city and it's surrounding 'burbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

Are the creature in the pin-striped suit and the tattooed creature the same guy?

Also, if Kalani came from Hawaii to LA trying to escape the outbreak, would that not mean that they happened simultaniously, or at least very close to it? If so, then either they are two separate outbreakes, or it started somewhere other than LA as the Zombies could not have gotten to Hawaii from LA faster than news of the outbreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

Are the creature in the pin-striped suit and the tattooed creature the same guy?

Good question deise. I was wondering the same thing. For some reason I think they are different, though specifically why escapes me right now. I thought there was a concrete reason...

Also, if Kalani came from Hawaii to LA trying to escape the outbreak, would that not mean that they happened simultaniously, or at least very close to it? If so, then either they are two separate outbreakes, or it started somewhere other than LA as the Zombies could not have gotten to Hawaii from LA faster than news of the outbreak.

Yep they are the same creature. He/it was described in detail when he/it was cornered inside of Tower 1, the suit and tattoes were described. Plus Burt confirmed that he/it was the same creature they saw when they got the oil tanker and that was spying on them during the first Maller attack on the tower. Plus Kalani confirms that it was the same one that got into the other tower after he saw it in the hospital. Someone else confirmed it is just one creature as well, but cannot remember who right now.

The point you make about the outbreak in Hawaii is a very good one. It kinda runs right over the theory that ground zero is in LA at the spot that makes people feel weird.

• Advertisement

I think that if this is an important detail, rather than just a week point in the plot, then it may suggest that there were several ground zeros simultaniously, which would explain how everywhere was overwhelmed so quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Kess73 wrote: »

Clever way to cover costs.

Finished the second last chapter of season two last night. That hospital has to be one of the spots where the special creatures were created. Plus the tattoo needle is there. Had forgotten that many of the special creatures had a number tattooed onto them with the small ones having the number 5 on their skin.

Kalani also confirmed again that the striped suit wearing creature was the one at the arena as well as the other locations, so I think that strongly suggests that stripey led the bulk of his group in the arena to the hospital before the arena went bang seeing as the hospital was swarming with creatures plus an army of them arrived there.

Going to relisten to the season finale again tonight or tomorrow night just to see if there is anything else there that ties in with anything from the first season that I had forgotten about or missed.

I think there is defo a difference in the production quality between the first two seasons and the third as well. It stands out quite a bit when you start relistening to the earlier seasons in the same week as a new epsiode of the current season.

Finished the season two finale.

A few things bugged me second time round.

Burt fell from the very top of the tower. Well technically he fell from the rope that was going from the top of the tower to the top of the building next door. Basically he fell ten or more stories into the open air and was screaming on his way down.

Angel was standing on top of the tower when the building collapsed.

Now after the closing credits we have the bit where the mallers find someone that is still alive. It is made to sound like they found Angel and Scratch says that she has now found who she was looking for and to put him with the old man. Now she and the other mallers have been calling Burt the Old Man for a long time so we can assume she found Burt.

Now they do not say whether Burt is dead or alive (although there are not many ways one could survive a fall of more than 10 stories that was quickly followed by a tower block falling into the same area, but before Burt fell from the top of the building the story switched from the pov of us watching,well listening to, the action to that of Burt talking about the incidents that were happening in the past tense much like many of the characters did in the first series. So if Burt is talking about the events in the past tense or if it is meant to be the character writing it into his journel, then he would have to have survived the huge fall.

Also there was more chat amongst the mallers about how Durai and the rest of the maller convoy were on their way to the "other" location (army base?)

Also there was more evidence in the last episode of the city crawling with creatures compared to season three. The season two finale was set after the mallers blew up the tower, but the gunshots at the golf club (which is miles and miles from the tower) had loads of creatures arriving within minutes, plus the battle at the tower had hundred and hundreds of creatures present with the mallers also making comment about needing to get the job done before the special creatures (as the Mallers called them) came to join the regular creatures.

But season three sees gunfire and a big loud diesel truck in the middle of the city attracting minimal attention from the creatures. So if the place was swarming with them after the arena went down where are they now? I don't buy that they are simply following the convoy because there are millions of creatures everywhere, as shown when Michael and co flew their helicopter over the town/city that was some distance from the army base and they saw huge numbers of creatures on the ground. Just seems very convinient that in season 3 the same massive city with a massive population of creatures is now one that people can move around in, whilst making lots of noise, without getting attacked.

New episode day :D

• Advertisement

New episode day :D

Waiting....

Damn they tricked me :D

No new episode today :(

It is out tomorrow.

Damn they tricked me :D

No new episode today :(

It is out tomorrow.

Tomorrow? A Tuesday release? DOH!!!
    Where did you see that? I don't see the old calendar they used to have up.

Tomorrow? A Tuesday release? DOH!!!
    Where did you see that? I don't see the old calendar they used to have up.

It is in the text on itunes beside the last episode.

It is in the text on itunes beside the last episode.

Ahh. I don't use itunes so that would be why I don't see it.... drat!

Ummm - you should check that again as Part 2 is up now. :D:D:D

If you click refresh the new episode starts to download despite the 13th release date still being up.

And next week;s date is up, Monday 19th.

Episode is in itunes, I repeat Episode is in itunes. :D

Another 24 minutes of goodness.... I'll listen in about an hour or so. Can't wait!

Wow. I LOVE getting back-story info to explain things that have already happened. Kilani. Pippen. Scratch and Latch plus whatever the annoying guy's name is with the Mallers. Good stuff.

Anyone recall what the name of the #2 guy was at the The Colony? The one that had died/disappeared right before Michael and crew got there... Was it Sean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Enjoyed this episode, ended with another great line, 'Better get running' I wonder what happenned to that missing convoy.

Wouldn't mind getting more background on Scratch and Latch.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Anyone recall what the name of the #2 guy was at the The Colony? The one that had died/disappeared right before Michael and crew got there... Was it Sean?

I'm pretty sure it was, and that they said he'd come from the other tower with Hope, Tanya and a few others. Someone (Tanya?) already described how Hope was blinded when she fell, so they probably won't go over that part again; with Kalani as the narrator, we'll probably hear about him being taken to the arena and maybe about some more gruesome deaths he witnessed, and then about how he was rescued and infiltrated the tower.

Did anyone else notice that they mentioned sending Randy to the waterworks? That suggests that he is something to do with the mysterious incident there with Michael's arm, and that's why Michael later recognised Zombie Randy.

• Advertisement

Kalani claims he was from the second tower, but Hope's mother was from that tower and says she never saw him before.

I'm a bit confused by this, since now we know that Samantha and Kalani met at least twice and had a conversation before the second tower fell, so she definitely knew who he was. Why would she tell Datu that she'd never seen him before? It it a continuity error, or did she blame Kalani for her tower falling and didn't want him to be rescued with her?

Good questions Fishie and nice catch on the Waterworks. I noticed that too but had forgotten about it. Michael's arm is still one thing they have not addresses yet, or at least I haven't caught any big hints that were dropped about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Good episode, was skittles in it though? He was credited at the end, I don't recall him being in it though.

Enjoyed this episode, ended with another great line, 'Better get running' I wonder what happenned to that missing convoy.
    Wouldn't mind getting more background on Scratch and Latch.

We already know what happened to them. They were the convoy that was attacked near where Burt/Saul/Lizzie got the tanker, plus CJ confirmed that the convoy was attacked when she was talking to Saul/Vic a few episodes ago.

phill106 wrote: »
    Good episode, was skittles in it though? He was credited at the end, I don't recall him being in it though.

He was one of the male voices in it at the second tower, think it was the guy in the camera room.. He would not have been called Skittles back then though as he only got that nickname from Angel/Pegs/Datu as they were on their way to the arena.

Fishie wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused by this, since now we know that Samantha and Kalani met at least twice and had a conversation before the second tower fell, so she definitely knew who he was. Why would she tell Datu that she'd never seen him before? It it a continuity error, or did she blame Kalani for her tower falling and didn't want him to be rescued with her?

Yeah thought that was odd myself. Plus in the arena when the creatures came to take a body away she was hoping that he was taken instead of her or Datu.

In the arena episode she said something along the lines of how she did not know who the guy on the floor was, but that he had said his name was Kalani.

Yeah thought that was odd myself. Plus in the arena when the creatures came to take a body away she was hoping that he was taken instead of her or Datu.

In the arena episode she said something along the lines of how she did not know who the guy on the floor was, but that he had said his name was Kalani.

Well to be fair, they only talked a few times, so it is not that odd that she said she did'nt know him, also he might have done something to piss her off between the fall of the tower and being brought to the arena.

Well to be fair, they only talked a few times, so it is not that odd that she said she did'nt know him, also he might have done something to piss her off between the fall of the tower and being brought to the arena.

Well the tower started to fall just after his second time speaking to her, and according to her she was picked up by the creatures shortly after she escaped the tower using the fire escape.

Does not really allow for much time for him to have done something.

Plus the Kalani backstory cannot really go on for much longer as he said to Michael that he was captured whilst trying to escape from Tower 2.

What Kalani might have done though is cause others who were captured inside the arena to be taken by the creatures before him. When Samantha was taken Kalani was on the floor not moving and supposedly out cold, yet he came around very quickly as soon as the creatures had taken Samantha and when Angel/Pegs arrived to rescue Datu. He might have done the same thing each time the creatures came to take someone. Just played dead and the creatures then took a "live" person downstairs to slaughter.

NEW

EPISODE

DAY

• Advertisement

It's up, I'm downloading it at the moment!

Advertisement