Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Here's my bump, hope it came out okay

If you look closely you can see my freakish bellybutton which is softening and flattening out by the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Mink wrote: »
    Here's my bump, hope it came out okay

If you look closely you can see my freakish bellybutton which is softening and flattening out by the day!
    Aww cute bump mink!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Silly a lot of buggies can be converted: when I went in looking at buggies she kept showing me loads of different ones that can be converted :)

Alot of the Phil&Teds ones do: the verve and the vibe I think. I don't think any of the iCandy ones can: I think some of the Bugaboos do aswell.

javagal wrote: »
    Mine loves lmfao sexy and i know it !please dont be a night club dancer baby.!
    Is everyone feeling baby now?

No.

I think I may have been feeling something but it's just not strong enough to be certain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

notsobusy-2nd July
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July
    Mamaheidi-8th July?
    Cyning-8th July
    Javagal-9th July
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July
    KildareAsh-15th July
    Silly- 18th July
    Fri.Day - 18th July
    Saurelin- 22nd July
    March11 - 24th July
    Mink- 28th July
    theg81der- 31st July

:eek: Mink your only 3 days ahead of me! Where the feck is my bump - I want one noooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! Feeling really cheated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Girls, ye look great. Think coz I had extra weight to start with my bump is not as defined. I'll take a pic tonight and post it up.

I was in m/care Portlaoise at lunch time and there was posters up about a clothes sale or event this evening from 6.30pm to 8.30. There was 20% off alot of the clothes and sale racks for €5. It was mainly winter stuff, but I did get a plain black t-shirt for €5 and a plain black swimming togs for €15. There were other swimming togs for €32 or something like that and they had 20% off. Need to get a few t-shirts and cardis

theg81der wrote: »
    :eek: Mink your only 3 days ahead of me! Where the feck is my bump - I want one noooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! Feeling really cheated!

I'd say you'll start to pop the next few weeks. The difference in my photo and yours is gas, but seriously I look way farther on than I am & everyone comments on it. It's a little embarrassing as I sometimes think that they must think I'm sticking my tummy out to try and look more pregnant than I am!

Normally if I hold my tummy in (when not preg) it's mostly flat. But I have a tendency to slouch and I get very bloated. Before I was preg if I had a chinese, or chipper food, my tummy would bloat and I'd literally look as pregnant as I do now.

So I always say to people that my bump is 1/2 food, 1/2 baby. Last night before I took the photo I had a massive mexican dinner of beef nachos, it took me 40 minutes to eat them :D and I was rewarded with serious bloating - won't be doing that again for a while.

I'd say you'll start to pop the next few weeks. The difference in my photo and yours is gas, but seriously I look way farther on than I am & everyone comments on it. It's a little embarrassing as I sometimes think that they must think I'm sticking my tummy out to try and look more pregnant than I am!

Normally if I hold my tummy in (when not preg) it's mostly flat. But I have a tendency to slouch and I get very bloated. Before I was preg if I had a chinese, or chipper food, my tummy would bloat and I'd literally look as pregnant as I do now.

So I always say to people that my bump is 1/2 food, 1/2 baby. Last night before I took the photo I had a massive mexican dinner of beef nachos, it took me 40 minutes to eat them :D and I was rewarded with serious bloating - won't be doing that again for a while.

Its not like I`m skinny, I was a size 14 and like that tummy bloat is the bain of my life. My tummy got fatter but no bump am even starting to feel babs!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

When are you due trions?

Hi all,

due on the 22nd - have disappeared from the due date list will add myself on again..

Silly - i've decided on icandy peach - love it! managed to get hubby onside,just can't decide on colour, i want the sweetpea, hubby wants the tomato... I've been shopping around bella baby sell it as a system with the maxicozi car seat and base for €1040, eurobaby didn't include the maxi cozi so it worked out more expensive.. the girl in bella baby said there will be a sale before july - will keep you posted! It also has a converter to make it into a double buggy - it's very lightweight and easy to steer...

mink - you have a lovely cute bump! think i felt something yesterday, not 100% sure it was baby - lay down still afterwards to see if I could feel it again and nothing,

Has anyone else got heartburn yet? Mine is driving me cracked have to keep a constant supply of gaviscon on hand - didn't think it was supposed to start till
    third trimester..

Trions

notsobusy-2nd July
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July
    Mamaheidi-8th July?
    Cyning-8th July
    Javagal-9th July
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July
    KildareAsh-15th July
    Silly- 18th July
    Fri.Day - 18th July
    Trions - 22nd July
    Saurelin- 22nd July
    March11 - 24th July
    Mink- 28th July
    theg81der- 31st July

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Hi ladies,

Lovely bumps everyone :)

I had my appointment with consultant today. Baby is healthy; doc laughed that it looks like little one has ADHD :) it was so active

Anyway I was told that I can come back to work with 1 of March. I actually can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Saurelin wrote: »
    Hi ladies,

Lovely bumps everyone :)

I had my appointment with consultant today. Baby is healthy; doc laughed that it looks like little one has ADHD :) it was so active

Anyway I was told that I can come back to work with 1 of March. I actually can't wait :)

That's brilliant!! I'm so glad babs is okay!

So jealous you can go back to work too :)

trions wrote: »
    When are you due trions?

Hi all,

due on the 22nd - have disappeared from the due date list will add myself on again..

Silly - i've decided on icandy peach - love it! managed to get hubby onside,just can't decide on colour, i want the sweetpea, hubby wants the tomato... I've been shopping around bella baby sell it as a system with the maxicozi car seat and base for €1040, eurobaby didn't include the maxi cozi so it worked out more expensive.. the girl in bella baby said there will be a sale before july - will keep you posted! It also has a converter to make it into a double buggy - it's very lightweight and easy to steer...

mink - you have a lovely cute bump! think i felt something yesterday, not 100% sure it was baby - lay down still afterwards to see if I could feel it again and nothing,

Has anyone else got heartburn yet? Mine is driving me cracked have to keep a constant supply of gaviscon on hand - didn't think it was supposed to start till
    third trimester..

Trions
    Thanks for that, we don't have bella baby here! Will check online.

I actually felt baby from outside last night, have been feeling major movement since 16 weeks, but never with my hand, but lying in bed last night and had my hand on my tummy and bamb! There is was! A big kick, it was so cool. He/she did it a few more times and then when poor hubby put his hand on it stopped.

No heartburn for me yet. I never suffered from it ever before, so I don't know what to expect.

Great news on going back to work saurelin, back to some kind of normality.

Trions, I was on medication for acid reflux before I got pregnant.
    So I really can sympathise. It took me four months to figure out that onions were a major trigger! Even if it's a bit of coleslaw or cooked, I'll feel it minutes later.
    As much as it pains me, I now have to avoid them at all cost. I suppose mine is a bit different but a glass of milk can work for me if the burning is not too bad.
    Doc told me at the start not to use too much of anything so I've been sparing the gaviscon for when I really need it!

I`m 17 weeksand defo feeling babs already but reckon he/she is very active cause they won`t stay still when I`m trying to listen with doppler. Heartburn is terrible I was on zoton before pregnancy and had to come of so am chained to my gavisgon and renees. I found coming off dairy gave me alot of relief.

Its not like I`m skinny, I was a size 14 and like that tummy bloat is the bain of my life. My tummy got fatter but no bump am even starting to feel babs!

You look way smaller than a 14. I would have thought 10-12 at the biggest.
    kildareash wrote: »
    Trions, I was on medication for acid reflux before I got pregnant.
    So I really can sympathise. It took me four months to figure out that onions were a major trigger! Even if it's a bit of coleslaw or cooked, I'll feel it minutes later.
    As much as it pains me, I now have to avoid them at all cost. I suppose mine is a bit different but a glass of milk can work for me if the burning is not too bad.
    Doc told me at the start not to use too much of anything so I've been sparing the gaviscon for when I really need it!

Onions really bring it on for me too & I only realised this recently. Also garlic I think. After taking like four gaviscon tablets yesterday, by the evening I was so sick of them, so when heartburn struck again I had a small cup of low fat milk and it actually did seem to do the trick. Would rather have a bit of milk than pop tablets.

On another note, I must stop looking at scary pregnancy stories on the net, I'm freaking myself out! I think I'm just worried re not feeling movement & haven't heard heart beat in ages, does anyone know if all gp's have dopplers?

On another note, I must stop looking at scary pregnancy stories on the net, I'm freaking myself out! I think I'm just worried re not feeling movement & haven't heard heart beat in ages, does anyone know if all gp's have dopplers?

I'd image they all have dopplers.
    I was glad I don't have one after the nurses appt during the week. No sooner had she found the heartbeat than baby moved again and she found it in a completely different position then. I'd be freaking out at home!

Did anyone see One born this week? I'm totally addicted and boyf is nearly worse!
    He gets all fidgety (sp) in the seconds before baby cries...our baby better come out screaming or he'll have a heart attack.
    Felt so bad for the woman who had come in for elective c-section and then was sent home because baby was head down, only to end up coming back in and having an emergency ceasearn (sp,sorry!).

We fell around laughing when the doc compared sewing the hem of a trousers to sewing up a vagina. It was so funny.

Hi ladies, how are you today? any plans for weekend?

We are going today to Ikea to check furniture for nursery :)

You look way smaller than a 14. I would have thought 10-12 at the biggest.

Mink I love you!

Haha no worries theg81der!

Yeah saw One Born. Re the hairdresser girl, I really think the mother shouldn't have come in and been with her in the room. Her own negativity, fear and nerves rubbed off on the daughter (in my opinion). Can't have that in the labour room.

The only thing annoying me re the show is that they are showing a lot of real dramatic births past few weeks. This is all well and good for getting viewership up, and also for mammies to be to see different birth scenarios, but it would be nice if they balanced it by showing lots of the regular births, esp water births. I love watching those, esp as they are the majority.

No word from work so I think we're safe for the moment :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Hi all hope everyone is well!!

I went up to Newry today for a private scan, it was a fetal anomaly scan. Got there really early with the fiancee, sat and waited and then was called in. Was asked did I have referal letter.

I completely forgot about it, oh I was moritfied and angry with myself. The poor lady said she couldn't do the scan without it! Luckily I rang my GP and she faxed one up within 20mins. I was in tears but everyone was so mice about it. Even my OH! lol.

The scan was wonderful, it was about 30mins, and we got a close up of the heart and could see the 4 chambers and the blood flowing in and out!
    I was going to ask the sex but decided not too as the OH doesn't want to know but looking at the scan pics I think it's a boy!!

notsobusy wrote: »
    Hi all hope everyone is well!!

I went up to Newry today for a private scan, it was a fetal anomaly scan. Got there really early with the fiancee, sat and waited and then was called in. Was asked did I have referal letter.

I completely forgot about it, oh I was moritfied and angry with myself. The poor lady said she couldn't do the scan without it! Luckily I rang my GP and she faxed one up within 20mins. I was in tears but everyone was so mice about it. Even my OH! lol.

The scan was wonderful, it was about 30mins, and we got a close up of the heart and could see the 4 chambers and the blood flowing in and out!
    I was going to ask the sex but decided not too as the OH doesn't want to know but looking at the scan pics I think it's a boy!!
    Sounds great!
    I am getting that scan done privately too, with baby scan.ie but I don't have a referral letter from my doctor?? My doctor doesn't even know I'm planning in getting it!? Should I get a referral letter??

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Ladies, can I ask why you're getting scans done privately at this stage? Is it because the hospital won't tell you the gender or is it because you've had your hospital scan at this stage... I'm confused. I had a private scan before Xmas because my first (and only) hospital scan is at 22 weeks... if they won't tell us the gender then I think I'd like to go private too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

I didn't have a refer letter, wasnt asked!
    Mama i got my scan done because there was such a long wait before my two scans and i worry about baby!even though she is always on the move!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

MH I got mine done because I the hospital said they weren't going to do one until 24 weeks after my first one at 14 weeks. I'm epileptic and take medication and I was concerned that this might affect the baby. The hospital didn't take much notice at first and this annoyed me hence I spoke to my GP and she said to go private if I really wanted to. I think I must have needed a refereral letter because it was a Dr's clinic rather than just a scan centre!

I went for a check up last week at the hospital and the Dr was horrified that no one had organised blood tests and extra scans for me. I suppose that's the problem with going public. Now saying that some hospitals are just better than others. The midwife in newry said everyone should be getting this scan between 20 and 22 weeks.

Mamaheidi, I'm getting a private scan cos I got one at 14 weeks and I won't get anymore in my maternity hospital.
    I decided on the anomaly scan as its a very indept scan, and I'm hoping it will put my mind at ease!

Hi all,
    saurelin - so glad your scan went well, you won't know yourself being back at work.. Ikea have lovely nursery furniture - enjoy!

Kildareash - also becoming obsessed with one born, am usually a blubbering mess by the end, hubby hates it, it completely frieks him out, has to leave the room while it's on.. Also discovered you can watch the previous series on channel 4 website!

Notsobusy - so glad you got the do the scan in the end, it sounds amazing - i have mine in 2 weeks - can't wait to see babs again..

hope everyone is well, have a good weekend :)
    Trions

This is such a rollercoaster! Feel completely sad and worried today for no reason. OH is gone off for the day and all I want to do is sit on the couch and be hugged :D

I had such great plans for ALL the things I would get done this weekend. Really need to pull the finger out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

This is such a rollercoaster! Feel completely sad and worried today for no reason. OH is gone off for the day and all I want to do is sit on the couch and be hugged :D

I had such great plans for ALL the things I would get done this weekend. Really need to pull the finger out.

*HUGS*

I was like this too so I opened all the sitting room windows and got loads of energy to..
    Download songs from the couch!

• Advertisement

Mink I know how you feel, I get sometimes sad moments without reason. I notice that walk, chat with friend or bowl of ice cream helps most of time.

We picked cot, small sofa bed, bookshelf and changing unit for baby room, but now I need to check how to arrange them.

Advertisement