Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

The last girl I was with just came out as a lesbian.

Not sure how I feel about this :P

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

The last girl I was with just came out as a lesbian.

Not sure how I feel about this :P

That happened a girl I know. Her ex of 4 years came out as gay a few months after they broke up :L Don't know how I'd react tbh so I am no help :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

That happened a girl I know. Her ex of 4 years came out as gay a few months after they broke up :L Don't know how I'd react tbh so I am no help :confused:

Not that I'm hurt, it's just strange :P

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Not that I'm hurt, it's just strange :P

Yeah, kinda is weird :P I honestly am just trying to imagine how I'd feel if any of my exs came out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Misjudged the depth of the pool this morning. Was diving under the dividers to get into the lanes and cracked my nose off the floor. Lovely cut on my nose to remind me of my idiocy. Ill have to tell people I fought off a mugger. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Currently in the process of working out a betting challenge for myself. Never placed a bet in my life so I have no idea how to go about it.

QUICK! TO THE BET-MOBILE!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Currently in the process of working out a betting challenge for myself. Never placed a bet in my life so I have no idea how to go about it.

Now you bet?! Just after the world cup has ended?! :P Get a paddy power account and wait til the Premiership starts, then pick a winner for every game each weekend and stick a euro accumulator on it! That's what I do anyways.

Now you bet?! Just after the world cup has ended?! :P Get a paddy power account and wait til the Premiership starts, then pick a winner for every game each weekend and stick a euro accumulator on it! That's what I do anyways.

I just got the idea after the world cup to do like €1 to €1,000. I will stay away from accumulators for the first bit because I could lose out on €100 because of a draw so individual bets for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

The Tour de France might be a good place to start. Small bets everyday.

pajor wrote: »
    The Tour de France might be a good place to start. Small bets everyday.

I know nothing about cycling and people/teams to bet on. There's a crazy amount of crashes this year as far as I can tell and one can just ruin a bet in seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Just read an article where somebody said this smile below is a genuine smile, how you can tell its real and not a cover up, how real smiles make girls look even prettier

Ariana_Grande_Smiling_GIF.gif

WRONG

This actually annoys me-this is your classic false smile-just cause its a pretty smile dont mean its fo real

You wanna find a real smile-check for crows feet when a person smiles-her eyes wouldnt be as big if it was real (muscles around the eyes contact)

Educate yourselfs people-before you go posting something as "fact" on a national site.

/rant

Who cares it's Ariana Grande...genuine or not her smile can cure cancer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I've never seen her before but I will marry that woman.

I've never seen her before but I will marry that woman.

You have much to learn my friend... May I suggest starting here

Weak. At. The. Knees

I DO

How an you say its a geuine smile when its a classic falsie

Thats like sayingshe has blonde hair when its clearly not

She could be dying on the inside with that smile

Dont say on national website guys love real smiles like said smile if its clearly a forced one

I read body language very well and that smile isn't entirely put on...her eyes are very bubbly...also that photo has clearly been photoshopped and airbrushed to death which would hide any lines around the eyes.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

About twenty times better than the original song....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

I like trains!

Sitting on my balcony with a cup of tea watching the lightning over the river.
    So purty.

Got to check in Samantha Mumba this morning. Happy days. Celeb status

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

I feel like doing something drastic like getting a tattoo or dyeing my hair......

Well we all know Im too cheap chicken to do either :pac:

Dye your hair for the lulz.

FOR THE LULZ!!! :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Lol that the article of Ariana Grandes smile being genuine that was discussed last week is from a Collegetimes article.

• Advertisement

Has anyone else here had depression and told a friend about it?

I've finally built up the courage and organised a meet with a friend of mine during the week and I want to know how to go about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Has anyone else here had depression and told a friend about it?

I've finally built up the courage and organised a meet with a friend of mine during the week and I want to know how to go about it.

Ive had a few friends come out to me about their depression. They just kinda were talking about how they were feeling miserable for whatever reasons and told me they think thy have depression.

Just tell them in a way that suits you, that youre comfortable with. And dont tell some asshole whos just gonne be awkward either/tell somebody else or threatedn yo if you ever manage to piss them off.

Ive had a few friends come out to me about their depression. They just kinda were talking about how they were feeling miserable for whatever reasons and told me they think thy have depression.

Just tell them in a way that suits you, that youre comfortable with. And dont tell some asshole whos just gonne be awkward either/tell somebody else or threatedn yo if you ever manage to piss them off.

Is it better for the "listener" if I am straightforward about it or drop hints here and there for a bit to see if they can pick up on it, and then come out and say it?

So I finish work in 7 days excluding days off. Genuinely can't wait. I look forward to getting into a sleeping pattern. Thinking getting new piercing back in. But family will just start giving out and there already not impressed with my previous one. But I need to express who I am.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I've had depression for the last...five years? Six? I've been on medication for years. I think I might bump the depression thread, actually.

I told a friend about mine, and we discussed our mutual issues, it actually helped both of us.

Depression funny thing. scary thing. I dont know if im just on the edge i feel as if i am. and scared to find out. Its personally something i dont want to deal with. This breakup which im finally over i think. fingers crossed as had an awful impact on my mental health. ive neither been happy or sad and emotions everywhere. I see a lot of you are curious to wonder should you speak to others about it. personally its not something id hide i havent ever seen it as a sensitive issue. for the simple fact that i am coming to you for help please embrace me because i need this right now. And you will forever know i have your back. Ive said it to several friends a lot have just gone and said go see someone. that was the first move. I dont know much about depression but from what ive read and heard im going to do everything in my mental power to just keep me afloat because if i sink thats it i'll be like the titanic no hope of bringing me to the surface.

Ive been really lucky. ive had all of you here thank you and ive had a lot of new friends who understand and have it and its been great to understand. anyway im sure i'll know soon enough where i stand.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I think DeV's post in the "Let's All laugh at people with depression" thread in AH should be required reading or anyone affected by it in any way.

PBJ, from a personal point o view, I'd say just say it outright as opposed to hinting at it, but you know this person better than we do so it's hard to make a sweeping statement.

Whatever happens, best of luck with it. :)

And shur look, if all else fails C&H'll always be here for ya. <3 xoxox <3

*Those smilies at the end are to make a genuinely serious statement appear more lighthearted than it is because I'm terrified it sounds like a cliched knobbish thing to say without them. :P

To upload my picture to 'know your fellow..............' or not. hmmm. might be dangerous to let you all know who i really am. cause you'll all go... omg i know him. hes a jack a%$ .

Edit: Done :/

Serious question. Do any of ye ever get really down at night? This is probably following on closely to depression or maybe another route. But for as long as i can remember since going into secondary school ive struggled to sleep at night. all my fears, mistakes, questions come to haunt me. Really upsets me in that i get sad and angry and just wind myself up that im no longer able to sleep . thankfully its not every night. its just a horrible feeling.

• Advertisement

Wandering around town today I realised I kind of wanted a pint. Soon after I realised it wasn't so much a want as I physically needed a pint . Try as I might to walk home I found myself outside my local. sipping stout alone.Sunny days bring out my inner alcoholic

Advertisement