Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

IFC final half time

Eadestown 1-3 Towers 0-6

All over

Eadestown 1-10 Towers 0-11

7 points for Cian Bolton with the goal coming from Emmet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Delighted

Kildare 3-10 Laois 0-11

Goals from Neil Flynn, Mark Sherry and Seamus Hanafin according to Ger McNally

There will be a triple header in Newbridge next Sunday:

Minor Football Final will throw in at 12:45
    Intermediate Hurling Final will throw in at 2:15
    Senior Football Final will throw in at 4:15

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Delighted for Eadestown, it's great to see a such a small club over coming the odds to win it. They were a lot of people's dark horses this year including mine, but truth be told not many thought they would actually win the thing. Cian Bolton was outstanding today, to hit 0-8 in a big final like that takes some doing. Hopefully he can kick on now and make an impression with the county. It wasn't an outstanding game but it was intriguing. Towers lacked scoring forwards. Evan Flynn was decent but he missed two or three frees at crucial times in the game.

Eadestown won't look out of place in senior, they have a good mix of strong, powerful and skillful players.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,827 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

There will be a triple header in Newbridge next Sunday:

Minor Football Final will throw in at 12:45
    Intermediate Hurling Final will throw in at 2:15
    Senior Football Final will throw in at 4:15

Is this a compromise agreed with Sarsfields?

Sarsfields were due to hold an EGM on Monday night but announced that they were cancelling it this morning so they must have known that something was in the pipeline.

It's hardly ideal but at least it gives the players some chance to feature in both.

It's a total cop out by the county board. I find it hard to believe Athy agreed to this.

Result of sf challenge in Kilcock tonight:

Kildare 1-9 Meath 1-9

Kildare will play Carlow in Old Grange on 30 October.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Any idea of the teams klairon?

Unfortunately not. The Leinster Leader had a report of Kildare's challenge against Laois last Sunday so hopefully they will do the same again next week.

The Kildare line out for that was: Robbie Eyres, Willie Burke, Brian Kinahan, Colin O'Shea, Dylan Corcoran, Seamus McNally, David Slattery, Conor Brophy, Pascal Connell, Jason Acton, Mark Sherry, Neil Flynn, Chris Healy, Shane O'Rourke, Eamon Murphy. Subs: Shane McNamara, Danny Egan, Mick Konstantin, Seamus Hanafin, Gavin Farrell.

I would say the team tonight was along similar lines. I presume Meath were equally as experimental.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Would assume Meath were very experimental as well. Definitely no O'Mahonys or Ashbourne players or others recently involved in the club championships.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭homeofhurling

lads who will win sundays final its a repeat of last years, i think myself that Sarsfields might take this years title,

Very hard one to call. Sarsfields are in better form. They won easily against a fancied Athy outfit. Moorefield on the other hand have been far from convincing. They would not be here had Celbridge brought their shooting boots. What Moorefield have in their favour is their big match experience. When they get to this stage they normally can be relied upon to deliver. I think it might go Sarsfields way this year but I wouldn't be confident enough to stake any money on it. These local derbies can take on a life of their own.

I think Moorefield will win this. Sarsfields still have a huge headache regarding four of their minors who will play a final just a few hours earlier. They scored 2-3 of Sarsfields' 2-12 against Athy. It'll be interesting to see what way Crofton manages the situation.

Moorefield by 4 with Eanna O'Connor picking up MOTM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

Sarsfields all the way. They have been the best team in the championship by far this year. After last year's final we knew the future was bright for the sash and a another year on we are back looking for what we left behind last year..

Moorefield do have the experience but thats how they won it last year in the end they are an ageing team that are on a downwards slope this year only to be kept alive by one kerry man throughout the championship.

I see a bit of magic in the sarsfields team and if the minors come through there first game all save and well there might be no stopping sarsfields. It will be some achievement if the double can be done..

sarsfields by 5

Sarsfields 1-9 athy 0-08 full time in the minor match.
    Very scrappy game with athy missing a penalty and sarsfield only getting their goal in the dying seconds.
    athy also lead for alot of the game with it being 0-06 to 0-05 to athy at half time.
    THE wind is playing a big factor and I can see the senior game being a low scoring affair but sarsfields to still win it..hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Sarsfields 1-9 athy 0-08 full time in the minor match.
    Very scrappy game with athy missing a penalty and sarsfield only getting their goal in the dying seconds.
    athy also lead for alot of the game with it being 0-06 to 0-05 to athy at half time.
    THE wind is playing a big factor and I can see the senior game being a low scoring affair but sarsfields to still win it..hopefully

Is the wind a crosswind or favouring a team?

Its more of a crosswind come over the stands. Won't suit either team

• Advertisement

Moorefield 0-10 Sarsfields 1-6

Half time in Newbridge. Moorefield hit 6 points in a row after the Sarsfields goal. Ger Naughton very lucky to remain on the field for an incident in injury time. Ray Cahill kicked the resultant free to leave just one point in it at the break.

Moorefield: Adam Tyrrell (0-4, 3fs), Eanna O’Connor (0-4, 3fs, 1 45), Ciaran Kelly (0-1), Niall Hurley-Lynch (0-1)
    Sarsfields: Ray Cahill (0-5, 3fs), Declan McKenna (1-0), Ronan Fitzgibbon (0-1)

Ray Cahill on fire. Sarsfields up by 5. Only one Moorefield point since half time.

1 point game into the closing stages

Level!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Level! Sounds like a cracker! Couple of mins left in injury time.

Sarsfields 1-13 Moorefield 0-16

Terrific county final. Ebbed and flowed. Lots of controversy and talking points. Bring on the replay next Sunday.

Really enjoyed that game. It's a game Sarsfields will feel they left behind, I thought they were the slightly better team throughout. Ray Cahill was the stand out player on show, hitting 10 points in a county final is remarkable.

The replay will probably be a double header along with Straffan's first round game in the Leinster JFC.

Throwing in at 2:30 next Sunday. Fergal Barry confirmed as the referee.

Where's that ref from??? Surely he has some connection to moorefield.

• Advertisement

He's a Monasterevin clubman living in Kildangan. Why would you assume he has a connection to Moorefield?

Advertisement