Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Game [The R.E.D. Album]

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I haven't listened to the R.E.D. Album yet, is it as good as The Documentary?

No. There are 3/4 good songs on it. That's it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

A good album but nowhere near as commercial and accessible and as banging as the Documentary.

Half of the songs are very good though, so worth buying it definitely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

@risetothetop

It's not worth buying mate, get the 2 or 3 good songs on iTunes or whatever and save yourself the money.

The city, Martians v goblins and Ricky IMO are the only decent songs, the rest is terrible, his worst album by far.

For 9.99 I would always buy the album but that is just me.

There are 10 songs worth buying imo - The city, Martians v goblins, Ricky, drug test, red nation, good girls, (the good, the bad and the ugly), speakers on blast, pot of gold and born in a trap

Paying for even 8 of them costs more than the 9.99 for the album.

For 9.99 I would always buy the album but that is just me.

There are 10 songs worth buying imo - The city, Martians v goblins, Ricky, drug test, red nation, good girls, (the good, the bad and the ugly), speakers on blast, pot of gold and born in a trap

Paying for even 8 of them costs more than the 9.99 for the album.

Can't agree with that. Game was good enough on it. The beat was brutal though. Weezy ruined yet another song.

Chamillionaire's version is way better. The beat is sped up and sounds proper. Game would have been better on that, and doing the hook himself. Then it'd have been a good song.

Can't agree with that. Game was good enough on it. The beat was brutal though. Weezy ruined yet another song.

Chamillionaire's version is way better. The beat is sped up and sounds proper. Game would have been better on that, and doing the hook himself. Then it'd have been a good song.

Well the song in general is good, bad ft or not imo. Sample is excellent imo.

What is the Cham version? Link?

Well the song in general is good, bad ft or not imo. Sample is excellent imo.

What is the Cham version? Link?

Well I know it as the Chamillionaire version but it was actually a beat that he jacked by Three 6 Mafia.

You have Pimp C doing the hook here. He brings way more to it than Weezy does.

Pimp C, it is hardly fair comparing anything to Pimp C now is it?
    It is like comparing Nate Dogg to pretty much anyone else.

Nah not really. I was kinda half joking :P.

Game's version had the makings of a great song. His verses were nice. The beat let him down imo. It was far too slow. And having Weezy doing the hook was probably a great commercial move, but a terrible quality move.

IMO if you're really going to get someone like Wayne in then at least get a verse from him. Leave the hooks to someone who can actually do them. Wayne sounds like a constipated goat when he tries to sing. It's not pretty at all.

• Advertisement

I am not one for his raps so a hook is about all I could probably stomach.

The beat suits Game, or pretty much any west coast artist the slower style suits him.

I hate him as well. He's nearly worse on the hooks though. Then he appears 3 times on a song, instead of just the once.

The slower beat suits Game but not a slower version of this. It just doesn't sound right. Maybe if I'd never heard the original "Zombie Nation", or the Three 6 Mafia/Chamillionaire versions then I'd possibly like it.

I hate him as well. He's nearly worse on the hooks though. Then he appears 3 times on a song, instead of just the once.

The slower beat suits Game but not a slower version of this. It just doesn't sound right. Maybe if I'd never heard the original "Zombie Nation", or the Three 6 Mafia/Chamillionaire versions then I'd possibly like it.

Maybe, I have heard lots and lots of mixes of zombie nation fast and slow it is a great beat every time imo.

The verses are good anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ok so I downloaded California Republic today... 24 tracks, ALL with features.

Can someone please listen to it all and tell me what is useful? I really dont fancy filtering through the crap for the 3 or 4 decent tracks. PrettyBoy, I'm lookin at you mate! :pac: haha

I know this sounds really lazy, but honestly I've downloaded all of The Game's mixtapes with DJ Skee, must be 5 of them at this stage, and... They are all garbage bar 2 or 3 tracks. I just dont have the energy for another DJ Skee mixtape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Only listened to the tape once so far so not sure if I'm the best person to recommend which songs you should listen to, I like these tracks mostly for the beats, the verses/guests aren't very memorable IMO.

God Speed (Go to 2:40 for the Dublin shout out :P)

Death Penalty

GreyStone

Tonight

Come Up

My favorite song so far is the first track, God Speed. There are a good few Neptune tracks that were recorded in 2009 but I'm not into them, never thought Game and The Neptunes were a good match so I wouldn't recommend any of them.

Unless you're a big Game fan then the tape probably isn't worth downloading, I'll listen to it a few more times but that's it I'd say bar 2 or 3 songs, it's definitely his weakest mixtape in a while IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

god speed is a banger alright.
    all out in dublin with those green bottles bubblin
    liking that.

the rest is fairly forgettable tbh.

• Advertisement

Agreed, like most mixtapes unless you are a fan then don't bother (obviously this is only for known artists)

Advertisement