Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How are Dabs.ie like recently?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 honcho

I've got to agree with Acman. I ordered from Dabs.ie and received an email to say my order was sent. That's a week ago. So I emailed them last week to see what happened to my order and no response yet. I refuse to order from a website that does not have a contact number but I didn't realise that Dabs only used email. So never again!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I use them for work all the time. No probs at all so far (touch wood).

Honcho, they have a online chat facility so you can ask the rep questions in a chat session. I've used it a few times and it's been fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 honcho

I just received an email from Dabs saying that it could take up to 28 days for delivery and contact us then if you are still waiting. Sorry but there's something wrong here.
    I ordered a product from megapixel.ie on a Thursday at 1am and had it delivered to my door at 9am the same day. That's 8 hours from placing my order online to having it in my hand. That's service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I'm having a disastrous time at the moment. Ordered sunday (5th April) still waiting on address verification even though they had shipped to the same address only 2 months ago! No response to emails, no feedback on any status updates.

I would welcome suggestions on alternative suppliers with similar prices. I think I am done with this pack of jokers now. I'm not really interested in Irish suppliers as they cannot really compete price wise unfortunately.

Pardon me resurrecting an older thread.

I never had a problem.

Had a hard drive fail on me, and it was no problem doing an RMA.
    Refunded and never had to make any human contact.

So far so good for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I finally got a response to my problems with them after I mailed their IT director.

No particular apology for having kept me waiting 4 days and more for them to actually do what they were supposed to do. I think I'll be checking out Ebuyer after this or possibly misco (who were very speedy to deal with previously).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭bigslick

Anyone got a contact number for these guys. Having serious trouble with an order and need to talk to someone bout it. Sent them an email but who knows when they will get back to that. Need contact now. Thnks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

bigslick wrote: »
    Anyone got a contact number for these guys. Having serious trouble with an order and need to talk to someone bout it. Sent them an email but who knows when they will get back to that. Need contact now. Thnks

I think you have to use 'Live Chat'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Yeah, the Live Chat is the only way to contact them. They don't seem too responsive to email.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭martin12

Ordered a Power Supply off Dabs.ie 10 days ago which was in stock viewing my order all it said was Awaiting Processing same thing happened to a friend of mine 2 months ago he ordered a PS3 in Stock 2 Weeks later same thing Awaiting Processing.Anyway I cancelled order this morning and ordered off Misco.ie item has been dispatched with tracking number next day delivery should get tmr.
    Komplett, Piximania,Misco are by far the best online services for PC related stuff in Eire.
    Stay well clear of Dabs.ie because all you'll get is Awaiting Processing I'd say
    Awaiting Bankruptcy should they keep this up in the current economic climate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭donnacha

Had to cancel an order from Dabs for an entry level sony laptop as the dleivery date kept changing. Order was originally placed mid march and after multiple changes to expected delivery I eventually cancelled last Friday, ordered off Amazon and got it yesterday. The worst part was the inability of any of their customer service agents to read my mails - always the same generic response that took them 72 hours or more to formulate. I will never order anything from them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Inbetweener

DABS.NET WHOIS

Updated: 1 second ago
    Registrant:
    Dabs.com
    Direct House
    Wingates Industrial Park
    Westhoughton
    Bolton, Lancashire BL5 3XD
    UK

Domain name: DABS.NET

Administrative Contact:
    Derbyshire, Louise 04c9df1d62141a5.png@beta.dabs.com
    Direct House
    Wingates Industrial Park
    Westhoughton
    Bolton, Lancashire BL5 3XD
    UK
    0870 129 3348
    Technical Contact:
    Kirkland, Linda 304f1c079f10900.png@netnorth.co.uk
    Unit 7
    Queensbrook
    Bolton Technology Exchange
    Bolton, Lancashire BL1 4AY
    UK
    +44 1204 900700 Fax: +44 1204 900777

Registration Service Provider:
    Netnorth Limited - Business Internet Solutions, 304f1c079f10900.png@netnorth.co.uk
    +44.0870 751 8585
    +44.0845 058 2003 (fax)
    http://www.netnorth.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

I just built myself an i7 rig, got all the parts from Dabs.ie and I have to say I think they are brilliant. No problems, everything arrived on time, if not before I thought it would.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭luap_42

ulic3190 wrote: »
    I read this tread before ordering from dabs.ie and was in doubt.

I had tried to order from them last year and due to problems with them then went to komplett.ie instead.

However I went ahead with the dabs.ie order, in fact I made three separate orders. They did run a credit check with me which was the simple matter of replying to an email, after that each order went through smoothly and they have been amazing.

I have no qualms about giving them my highest recommendation!

Regards,
    Ulic

How can you give your "highest recommendation" if you've only used them once?! That kind of recommendation is completely worthless. If you had ordered multiple times with no problems, your "recommendation" would have some value at least.

The ONLY recommendation worth the page it's typed upon, is when things go WRONG, and how they go about fixing it.

If an order is accepted, processed, picked, shipped and received and everything works, then all that has occurred is that the contract between buyer and seller has worked correctly. No more, no less. There is no point in recomending anyone for doing what is legally expected.

Made two orders recently. Have made plenty of orders via Dabs.ie and have had no problems.
    The last two were no exception. Ordered a single item which took three days from ordering to arrive at the front door. Just under by a couple of hours actually. My last order was a bit bigger. Nine items including monitor and case etc, five days, but had to wait two days for the case to arrive in stock.

Very happy with them and the price is generally good. Also the returns system is painless and free should the need arise. :)

luap_42 wrote: »
    The ONLY recommendation worth the page it's typed upon, is when things go WRONG, and how they go about fixing it.

If an order is accepted, processed, picked, shipped and received and everything works, then all that has occurred is that the contract between buyer and seller has worked correctly. No more, no less. There is no point in recomending anyone for doing what is legally expected.

So what you want to see is a thread from only the people that have had problems. Everybody else can stay quiet.

That'd be a bit useless. If all everybody sees is a list of orders that went wrong they'll think every order went wrong.

For what it's worth we use them all the time for our business. About 15 orders this year and none of them have gone wrong.

Edit: if you're a business and buying a fair bit get an account manager and squeeze another few quid out of them.
    I know I should be using Irish companies but the only Irish companies (that were anywhere near on price) I tried to use before Dabs didn't have account facilities so they lost the business.

I have ordered from dabs4work.ie twice. Once was two years ago, with many, many, many, many problems. Their chat service staff was rude and unhelpful in the extreme. The chat guy actually made the ordering situation worse by screwing up my account and eventually causing me to have to set up a new account, and prevented me from ordering over €1100 worth of stuff for more than a week (a critical week, which I did not have time for). I hope that arrogant twat has been since fired by dabs.

I swore I would never use them again, even though I had previously used dabs.com when living in the UK as far back as dabs.com existed. The IE version of dabs were the worst customer service experience I have had barring only DELL's Indian sales staff, who actually lied to me over the phone about the price of a potential PC (I held them to their price promise)!

Anyway, my 2nd order with dabs4work.ie is awaiting stock to arrive. This time, at least the order process has been streamlined and I am able to actually make the order!

I am NOT recommending dabs, and will not even if I get my items perfectly, as that is NOT a test of their customer service, and is what I expect to happen in return for me handing over my money.

If I have any problems, I will see what happens before deciding whether I recommend them or advise avoiding like the plague.

So what you want to see is a thread from only the people that have had problems. Everybody else can stay quiet.

That'd be a bit useless. If all everybody sees is a list of orders that went wrong they'll think every order went wrong.

Actually that is exactly what people come to threads like this to find out. To see if there are major problems, if there are then there will be a lot of posts about those problems. If there are not there will only be a few posts.

I reckon most people can count and can determine for themselves how many problem orders there are, but if first time buyers keep giving their "highest recommendation" after only one order which did not go wrong, then they are just clogging up the thread with useless information.

Like I ALREADY said: If you have ordered multiple times, then at least you have something to contribute. If only to show that there are consistently satisfied customers and that the process works as it should.

However, you pay your money for a service which includes the entire process from stock availability through to receiving working items. If you get this, big deal, that is not a cause for a "recommendation". That is what they are expected to provide for the money you pay them.

On the other hand if any step in this process or the returns process does not work then that IS cause for comment.

OK I get it. As somebody who's ordered about 15 times this year as a business customer and various times last year I've had no problems ever with Dabs. Normally any order we've ordered for stuff that has been in stock has come within 5 working days and sometimes within 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Tintee

I`ve ordered thousands of euros worth of pc stuff from internet sites over the past 6 years or so and have found dabs to be one of the better places to buy from.In the past few years i would estimate i`ve probably bought a dozen or so things from them and found them on the whole to be cheaper than their rivals and their service on a par.In fact just before christmas i ordered a power supply for a pc ( a corsair TX 950) and found that whilst the psu wasn`t strictly faulty, there is an incompatability with asus motherboards that stops the pc from being able to fully boot correctly and it just resets all the time.I expected delays due to the fact that is wasn`t exactly broken but put a note in the rma box to explain the situation as was documented on corsairs forums along with some others.
    They sent a guy to my home to pick up the psu and as soon as they recieved it a few days later i was astounded to not only recieve my card credited with the refund price of the item but also the postage costs too.Needless to say, when i get round to ordering another psu i will be going back to dabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Iristxo

I have an order in the "Awaiting Picking" status. I am trying to cancel it but it's not going through. However in their "help" section it says that you can cancel the order up until the "completed" status shows up. I have emailed their customer services dptment but no answer as of yet. I will try tomorrow with their live chat service. Has anybody tried to cancel an order at this stage from them? I email them about the cancellation less than an hour after placing the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Iristxo

Wow they canceled my order after emailing them. Good customer service, I am quite impressed. Order still shows as "awaiting picking" but I'm sure they'll take care of that.

Good to hear they got you sorted.
    I bought a corsair vertex 2 120gb ssd from them a few weeks ago as they were the cheapest on the net i could find for that drive.Thought it was a price mistake at first but it wasn`t.I got the drive and am very happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Dabs Refunds and returns policy states that a replacement item will be offered if it is in stock, i ordered an Acer laptop and the battery charger did not work. I returned the item and am still being told the money will be automatically refunded to my account when it has been recieved.
    An post's online tracker system states that the item has been delivered, however i have still not recieved a refund. I had requested a replacement item (the item is in stock) and the cost of the return postage as their online helpdesk system states that Dabs own courier will only arrange a pickup from U.K. addresses. This is a breach of their own refunds and returns policy.

Solicitors letter beckons.....

That does seem a bit strange.
    I have bought quite a bit of stuff from Dabs.ie and naturally a couple of things have been faulty. I had no trouble getting replacements though, including pick up and delivery.

• Advertisement

I dont know what their policy is, i just followed the returns wizard on their site and clicked the options that suited me.Here`s the email they sent...
    Dear Mr ******,

Collection date: 19/01/10

To confirm, a collection has now been arranged for the above date. Please remember that your RMA number (returns number) needs to be on a label on the outside of the parcel. Please also note that collections can take place in anytime during the day.

Please make sure you obtain a receipt from the driver as proof of collection, you will need to keep hold of the receipt until it has been confirmed that the goods have been received by us.

Kind regards,
    Karen

Customer Services
    dabs.com Plc

you say you received no refund but then go on to say you requested a replacement item? If you asked for a replacement then that is what you should be expecting is it not?
    Hopefully you followed their returns procedure correctly regarding things like the RMA number clearly visible on the outside etc.All i know is i did and it went smoothly.
    If it IS a refund you requested and not a replacement then it will come once they approve it and an email should be sent informing you of this.Your credit card statement will show this refund when you receive your next monthly statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

While I may not like the courier they sometimes opt to use, one thing I can't fault them with is their RMA process.

I build PCs and thus have come across my share of faulty components.

So far no problem RMAing with them (a large part in why my custom with them is steadily increasing). They also refund the postage costs of the original order as well as having the option for them to arrange for a courier to pick up and deliver your RMA back.

The RMA TAT is quite acceptable e.g. if I RMA a component the courier picks it up ~ week later, they get it on average 2 days later and with another 3 days I get a refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 pitiviperx

Does anybody know their phone number (dabs.ie) ? I returned a printer that i bought more than a month ago and they still haven't refunded me. I'm emailing them nearly every day and they basically ignore my messages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭ninja 12

pitiviperx wrote: »
    Does anybody know their phone number (dabs.ie) ? I returned a printer that i bought more than a month ago and they still haven't refunded me. I'm emailing them nearly every day and they basically ignore my messages.

Try this , 0044 870 429 3825

Be prepared to be on hold / wait in line for an operator :rolleyes:

thanks a lot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Hi guys I purchased something from dabs at 2 am today and I am just wondering in general how long does it take for them to dispatch an item once its in stock?

I presume once its gone past the "security" process this means that there is no need to verify the card (I did the verify by visa thing) Its in the "processing" stage now.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32 rockfist

It took 5 weeks for me to get my Laptop which i purchased from dabs. I will never use them again.

rockfist wrote: »
    It took 5 weeks for me to get my Laptop which i purchased from dabs. I will never use them again.

were you waiting for the laptop to come in stock?

No. Just to be delivered. It was always in stock. Their customer service was useless and gave no solutions. Just the same generic mail.

When abouts was this? During March of this year by any chance? I have read that they were migrating systems or something and that's what caused huge delays.

ok well this could have been the case but they never told the customers either on the site or when i contact customer service many times. I felt i was treated that bad that i wouldn't use them again and would strongly advise against them. If you want to use them so be it.

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Hi guys I purchased something from dabs at 2 am today and I am just wondering in general how long does it take for them to dispatch an item once its in stock?

I presume once its gone past the "security" process this means that there is no need to verify the card (I did the verify by visa thing) Its in the "processing" stage now.

Thanks
    When i ordered i got the stuff delivered the next day. i couldnt believe it. shouldnt take long ... good luck

When i ordered i got the stuff delivered the next day. i couldnt believe it. shouldnt take long ... good luck

Yep It got dispatched today thankfully :D

Something is a bit strange though

(taken from my post on the computer B&U fourm but I thought I may as well post it here)

I noticed something on the royal mail and parcelforce website (its now showing up on the site)

It states that its being delivered using "Euro Priority Home (PO Box)" Obviously its meant to be delivered to my house not a PO Box?

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Yep It got dispatched today thankfully :D

Something is a bit strange though

(taken from my post on the computer B&U fourm but I thought I may as well post it here)

I noticed something on the royal mail and parcelforce website (its now showing up on the site)

It states that its being delivered using "Euro Priority Home (PO Box)" Obviously its meant to be delivered to my house not a PO Box?
    I wouldn't worry about that. when you registered on the website you put in your address so it should be delivered there, unless you ask them to deliver it to another.

I wouldn't worry about that. when you registered on the website you put in your address so it should be delivered there, unless you ask them to deliver it to another.

Yeah turns out that's normal. My friend ordered off them a few times before and it also stated "Euro Priority Home (PO Box)"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

I'm thinking of buying an SSD from dabs.ie, i'm just wondering what their returns service are like? Have people any experience with it?

i'd stay well away from them if i was you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

i'd stay well away from them if i was you.

Why? What's wrong with them?

Have a look through every forum mate, you'll be waiting ages and their customer service is woeful. Really not worth the stress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I just purchased a Samsung Monitor from Dabs this evening.

Scheduled for delivery between 14th / 16th December .

I hope I can prove this thread wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

I ordered something from them last week. I just noticed a tracking number and a link to the Royal Mail website.

The number they gave me doesn't match the format required.

The number is like RB555512345, but Royal Mail require a 13 digit number.

What's going on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 VITAMINA

I've ordered LCD monitor month ago and still didn't get one .They've charged my money and every time I call ,they saying your product is on the way .After time I dedcided to cancel order because I was sick of that waiting that long ,so I waiting now even longer to get my money back ,this is another month.Now when I'm calling I hear another story you'll get your money back ASAP.They don't care about customers at all,once they've charge you,you'll never get your money back .Very unprofessional service.I don't think I could get it back. With Pixmania never had any problems and I ordered many products from there. First shopping with dabs and I'm very disappointed.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

^ Did you get your money back from Dabs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 VITAMINA

No I didn't .This is first and a last time I bought anything from them.Wasting money and a time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

Ordered mouse and mouse mat from Dabs a couple of weeks ago. Took a week to arrive - very poor quality (Corsair LM2 mouse) and mouse was non-functional. Can't blame Dabs for the quality but worst customer service I've experienced from online company. Can only contact them by email, takes 24hr+ for a reply. A courier was organised to collect my parcel for return (took 5 days to organise this) but didn't show - so a day wasted hanging around. Another day for them to respond when I reported no-show and now they tell me it will be at least another 4 days before courier can be arranged again. I hadn't realised that they were exclusively UK based but that's no excuse - have had way better service via ebay.uk. Won't be using them again and my advice is steer well clear - use Elara.ie or Memoryc.ie instead.

Advertisement