Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phoenix Park Concert - Swedish House Mafia *** READ POST 121 BEFORE POSTING***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Kids music like this gives dance music a bad name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I know it's easy to say from the comfort in of my living room and hindsight's a wonderful thing but from the get go this concert had scumbag convention written all over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

I live to the north of the park near ashtown, couldn't hear the gig tonight. Could hear the stone roses gig on thursday very loudly, guess it's to do with the wind.

Was driving through finglas earlier and the amount of scumbags in large groups making their way toward the park was unreal, I'm talking groups of fifty people laden down with cans, I'd say it was some crack in the park alright....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Absolute knack fest. Glad I didn't go anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭paddymayoman

Kids music like this gives dance music a bad name
    People think dance music is associated with scumbags but its only kids music that draws the scumbags,*cough cough* avicii *cough cough* david guetta.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Tails142 wrote: »

Was driving through finglas earlier and the amount of scumbags in large groups making their way toward the park was unreal, I'm talking groups of fifty people laden down with cans, I'd say it was some crack in the park alright....

We seen this too but we noticed it was only girls!!!

we were heading back from breakfast and the place mobbed with drunk girls!

A concert like this would be great for a surprise mass sterilisation.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Definitely 1 stabbing. I've had it confirmed by someone on site. Wasn't instantly fatal but no update on that. The person in question was stabbed twice. Unconfirmed report of a second stabbing which was, allegedly, a facial stab wound

Instantly fatal? So what you're saying is the person died later?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

I hope tomorrows crowd is not as rough reading this thread is putting me off going..:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭bouncebouncey

Nope I'm saying the person who told me about it doesn't know how serious the injuries were but he does know the person didn't die instantly from them. They could have been, relatively speaking of course, minor or they could have been serious. He wasn't involved in the medical aftercare so he doesn't know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

laois gael wrote: »
    I hope tomorrows crowd is ot:( as rough reading this thread is putting me off going..:mad:

it wont be the same crowd 2moro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

I think what they are saying is the person did not die at the scene of the stabbing, but they had no more news after the fact,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

flyswatter wrote: »
    Instantly fatal? So what you're saying is the person died later?

No. They may have died, it just wasn't definitely fatal on-site. They would have been taken to hospital and the staff probably didn't have time to even update with hospital staff by the sounds of it.

I hope tomorrows crowd is not as rough reading this thread is putting me off going..:mad:

I'm heading to Florence tomorrow and I can tell ya there is no way it will be the same crowd. Just hope the weather is up to scratch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

it had disaster written all over it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

How about people stop speculating about any 'Supposed' stabbings until an official announcement is made.

Some kid, be it a scobe or not, may have gone to a gig and won't be going home tonight, so just wait until it's confirmed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Gardai say no deaths at Swedish House Mafia despite reports. Number of stabbings believed to have taken place #dublin #shm #ireland

Just read this on twitter, hopefully is true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Shocking but writing was on the wall with this that it was going to be a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭criticalcritic

Live right beside park and the choas I witnessed before this even began

Cans thrown everywhere, the Royal Canal a sea of litter, topless gurriers screaming and shouting then came nearly full scale riot as gangs of scumbags started attacking each other.

I know few people there and few doing security,.said there is one dead abd someone had their face ripped off by a broken bottle

Hope residents get on to local representatives that this never happens in park again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Was mental blood everywhere...fights all day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

Jesus Rip to who ever it was if true,,,Some parents going to get bad news tonight...Im considering not going tomorrow with this sort of news and the conditions that are been reported

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i was there on thursday for the roses and there was nothing like this. unfortunately, there was a very young crowd at this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I was at the Stone Roses and the security didn't have much to do. They were having a great time in fact. Some really enjoying the music.

This however...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Was actually devastated at all the status updates of people going to this tonight, until I read about the aftermath. SO glad I didn't go now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Varied wrote: »
    A concert like this would be great for a surprise mass sterilisation.:pac:

Cop the fuck on. Some of us know and love people who were at the gig tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

This will be a serious problem for MCD, never mind the state of the park that people were talking about earlier. I have 2 cousins up there, just texted one to make sure he is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

A lot more maturer crowd at The Stone Roses in fairness

I passed down the Navan Road at about 1:30 this afternoon I was surprised at the amount of young lads heading that direction at that time!
    did todays gig start earlier?

I really hope the reports of a death or two are false
    it will probably put tomorrows gig in doubt if true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭fiacha

i'm sure the majority of people at the gig had a great night and didn't see any of the alleged violence.

Just brought the dog out for a walk. The estate is very quiet. Plenty of shouting from over towards the canal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Prrtty meh gig. Good music but looking over my shoulder evey two seconds to see a fight break out was off putting . So much scum at it . Harrasing people . Shocked how close you could grt without a ticket . Better of sittting st the cross and listening for free

A lot more maturer crowd at The Stone Roses in fairness

I passed down the Navan Road at about 1:30 this afternoon I was surprised at the amount of young lads heading that direction at that time!
    did todays gig start earlier?

I really hope the reports of a death or two are false
    it will probably put tomorrows gig in doubt if true

Gates opened at 3 today, didnt open til after 5 on Thursday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

This had trouble written all over it. Glad i only heard this in the last hour once id heard back from the brother or id be horrid worried.

Without meaning to make crude generalisations, this was always a possibility given rough people being fans of the bands today, a muddy torn up arena, mcd ineptitude and a lot of drinking going on...like a condensed oxegen and that gets enough trouble as it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

spiralism wrote: »
    This had trouble written all over i. Glad i only heard this in the last hour once id heard back from the brother or id be horrid worried.

Without meaning to make crude generalisations, this was always a possibility given rough people being fans of the bands today, a muddy torn up arena, mcd ineptitude and a lot of drinking going on...like a condensed oxegen and that gets enough trouble as it is

Id say it was like an oxygen on speed with every one of the mentallity weve only got one day lets go mental. Oxygen wears them out a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Id say it was like an oxygen on speed with every one of the mentallity weve only got one day lets go mental. Oxygen wears them out a bit.

That and two massive campsites which half of them dont bother leaving for the weekend and a rake of stages...really spreads them out and they can be steered clear of, as i did on my three visits there. On the other hand tonight was a perfect storm by the sounds

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭LilNiall

Surely if there were fatal stabbings the gig would have been stopped.

Sounds absolute carnage though.

LilNiall wrote: »

Imagine what the majority of the rest of the crowd would do if the gig was called off.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭plastik90

Wasn't as bad as people are making it out to be, I went the whole day without seeing a fight sure there were kids that couldn't handle their drink and people passed out at the side of the road, but it's what 40,000 (i think) people at a dance gig, that type of music is bound to drag in an element of bad people. For most it was grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

If a football match (European Cup Final 1985) can be played minutes after 39 fans died then a gig would definitely go ahead.

IF the gig had of been cancelled then just imagine the trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Didn't see any fights personally. Although I just stayed at the stage for the whole thing. Thought SHM were fantastic. I couldn't hear a word Snoop was saying. Awful sound system

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭criticalcritic

plastik90 wrote: »
    Wasn't as bad as people are making it out to be, I went the whole day without seeing a fight sure there were kids that couldn't handle their drink and people passed out at the side of the road, but it's what 40,000 (i think) people at a dance gig, that type of music is bound to drag in an element of bad people. For most it was grand.

Do you not think itd sad that you think kids not able to drink alcohol and passing out on the road is no big deal?

It was an utter beacon for the flith of Dublin to come out and cause havoc

• Advertisement

It wouldnt be now completed.

If the death of 2 people is not a just enough reason for fellow revellers to stop partying, I really would be surprised, shocked, ashamed & disgusted.

If the trouble is anywhere near what is being made out the calls for no Oxegen will be difficult to ignore next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

So only people from Dublin allowed at this?? News to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Excuse me? Wanna reword that?

These reported fatalities have been rumoured for a few house.

2 hours ago SHM tweeted
    Thanks for a great night dubliners.

Surely they'd have been informed of fatalities?

With no newslink I hope it's BS. I mean the jounos probably had the reports prewritten of trouble & stabbings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

These reported fatalities have been rumoured for a few house.

2 hours ago SHM tweeted
    Thanks for a great night dubliners.

Surely they'd have been informed of fatalities?

With no newslink I hope it's BS. I mean the jounos probably had the reports prewritten of trouble & stabbings.

SHM are hardly going to tweet about trouble at their gigs.

Kiera wrote: »
    SHM are hardly going to tweet about trouble at their gigs.

Nor would they feel the need to say it was a great night if it was indeed a murder scene?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Post was deleted. No reason given.

I simply quoted someone from Boards, like LilNiall, and questioned the source of the info. LilNiall's posts are still there but mine isn't...

Mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

Was there tonight and wouldn't be surprised if the reports are true. I've never seen scenes like what I saw today. In my first 5 minutes there I saw a guy loaf a girl and bust her nose, was one of many incidents I saw. Thankfully I didn't see anyone stabbed so hope everyone gets home safe. The security are well rehearsed at putting people in the recovery position for tomorrow night anyway, but the crowd won't be half as bad (the ground will be twice as bad though, if thats even possible.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Gardai, Journalists, Security, have all said there were no deaths or stabbings at the event, its all rumours that escalated on twitter and facebook, if there were serious incidents it would have been reported long before now.

There was probably assaults and thats where the chinese whispers started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Mr.S wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, If there is a CREDIBLE SOURCE please post it, or
    else do not post about the rumored stabbings (even though the Gardai have said none took place...)

The internet is ruined by people posting sh1te from non-credible (incredible? :confused: ) sources. If you don't have the proof, don't post!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm going to reiterate: Unless something official is released, and links are provided, we cant have this talk of people being dead etc.

It's random scare mongering.

• Advertisement
Advertisement