Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestling DVDs Thread

• 06-07-2007 11:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭

bout time there was a dedicated thread for this,list new releases,collections,sales etc in here.
    my collection:

697053536a4894032938l.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Is this gonna start a "My wrestling dvd pile is bigger than yours thread"?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Usually what happens in these threads. Problem is not all of mine are boxed, my WCW and shoot interview collection are converted from videos and are held in carry cases, so my cabnets of DVDs really don't do my collection justice.

I'll stick em up later once i get home though.
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Problem is not all of mine are boxed, my WCW and shoot interview collection are converted from videos and are held in carry cases

I don't even bother with cases anymore! I might go take a pic, I'd be interested in seeing exactly how many I have myself

Fozzy wrote:
    I don't even bother with cases anymore! I might go take a pic, I'd be interested in seeing exactly how many I have myself

I actually sorted mine out yesterday for like the first time ever. It took me about 2 hours work. After I was done, and I looked at the stand, I was filled with both pride and a tinge of shame!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

not at all,well it probably will,just for any new releases n such general dvd discussion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

krudler wrote:
    bout time there was a dedicated thread for this,list new releases,collections,sales etc in here.
    my collection:

697053536a4894032938l.jpg

jebus I don`t have that many dvds, let alone wrestling dvds:eek:

photo8cu2.jpg

That's all the dvds I could find at the moment, a couple of my mates have most of my ROH dvds though. Also, a lot of those aren't "officially available" if you get me. See how much space it saves when you don't bother with cases?!

That was actually pretty helpful, I found "Bruiser Brody in Puerto Rico", I thought I'd lost it! That's gettin a watch over the weekend

Fozzy wrote:
    photo8cu2.jpg

Somebody legged it down to Tesco this morning to buy as many packets of blank dvds as he could lay his hands on!!!:D ;)

woooo232 wrote:
    Somebody legged it down to Tesco this morning to buy as many packets of blank dvds as he could lay his hands on!!!:D ;)

Haha, after looking at it I was thinkin someone will just post a photo of all their cds

Fozzy wrote:
    Haha, after looking at it I was thinkin someone will just post a photo of all their cds

Hah nah, the noticable purple dye is a dead giveaway. :D
    Aw man, i can't wait to get back home now to show off my collection! To paraphrase woooo232, the collection of a true "wrestling historian" ;)

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

My ROH collection is impressive, aside from that its fairly meh, including about 15 WWE, 20odd ECW, a few NOAH, a few PWG, a few of the god awful MLW, and thats about it. Ill try and rustle up a photo over the weekend.

On my to get list, are Good Times Great Memories and Fighting Spirit, both ROH. TED PETTY Invitational 2006, and Heatwave 99.

Does anyone watch their dvds a few times, or is it just the once and you like to have it anyway? I used to find myself watching certain matches from ppvs over and over during the week following it when I had it on video, but I've got a lot of dvds that I haven't gotten round to watching yet these days

I would rarely watch a whole DVD in one sitting again, but I would certainly watch certain matches from certain DVDs. Like I have watched WMXX main event lots of times, but rarely watch anything else on it.

Some I have never watched again. Like PWG DVDs I find very hard to re watch (that said, i find PWG difficult to get into due to lack of any commenatry.).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

I actually own a copy of Lockdown 2007 on DVD haha, only because they messed up my order and sent it out as an apology about a month before it was released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Jeez, I really need to up my DVD collection lol. Only have a small amount of DVDs like WM17, Rey Mysterio-619, ROH: Best of Paul London, Monday Night Wars, WWE Confidential.

Have a few old WCW and ECW videos around the place too aswell as Beyond the Mat and Wrestling with Shadows. Had WM 2 and 3 on video but don't know where they went to :(

Want to add the Bret Hart DVD and ROH: Best of CM Punk to my *small* collection.

Fozzy wrote:
    Does anyone watch their dvds a few times, or is it just the once and you like to have it anyway?

I'd watch them over again, especially the documentary style ones. My friend and I have have watched "Wrestling in the Shadows" (documentary on Montreal screwjob)we could probably recite it.

A lot of the dvds I buy would be the old WWE pay per views from the late '80s and early 90's. Granted, alot of them weren't very good but I never got to see them when I was a kid so I'm making up for it now. Plus its nice for the nostalgia of it, even if in the case of say Wrestlemania 7 where it seems a participant in every second match has died. So its bitter sweet.

I will say this for the WWE back then, I absolutely loved their tag team division.

Just on the Bret Hart dvd for RRC, the documentary is tremendous. My favorite part is seeing Stu Hart is match from Stampede. You'll know the part when you see it!

Aw man, i can't wait to get back home now to show off my collection! To paraphrase woooo232, the collection of a true "wrestling historian" ;)

VR!

Dude your gonna run with that forever now arent`t ya???!

I really should proof read my posts to stop such an unfortunate incident like this ever happening again.../shudder!:)

woooo232 wrote:
    Dude your gonna run with that forever now arent`t ya???!

I really should proof read my posts to stop such an unfortunate incident like this ever happening again.../shudder!:)

Ah you love me and you know it!
    Just the WWE PPV section of my collection. Doesn't include house shows, shoot interviews or my TNA or WCW collection:

VR!
    1928814642a4899019410l.jpg

Fozzy wrote:
    Does anyone watch their dvds a few times, or is it just the once and you like to have it anyway? I used to find myself watching certain matches from ppvs over and over during the week following it when I had it on video, but I've got a lot of dvds that I haven't gotten round to watching yet these days

I do, i watch the documentary DVDs more often than PPVs but i do tend to dig out PPVs at random depending on what i'm in the humour for watching.

VR!

Ah you love me and you know it!
    Just the WWE PPV section of my collection. Doesn't include house shows, shoot interviews or my TNA or WCW collection:

VR!
    1928814642a4899019410l.jpg

my hats off to you,thats a damn fine collection,ive starting building mine recently i rarely ever bought stuff but now theres tons of stuff appearing ebay so ive bought 20 dvds in the past 2 weeks,trying to find the time to watch them all is the problem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Very nice stuff here, I got sidetracked from starting a collection and must get going again. I have a few of the old Silvervision Wrestlemania tapes in the house in Ireland and got a few of the WWE Classic DVDs (the ones with 2 Wrestlemanias on one DVD) and they are not too bad.
    I would love to get my hands on some of the WCW stuff (Sting VS Black Scorpion and that sort of thing).

wwe would make a fortune releasing the old wcw ppvs,but knowing them theyd have todd grisham doing the commentary,would love some of thr 96-98 ppvs when wcw was at its height

krudler wrote:
    wwe would make a fortune releasing the old wcw ppvs,but knowing them theyd have todd grisham doing the commentary,would love some of thr 96-98 ppvs when wcw was at its height

They really weren't doing that great to be honest dude, the quality of their RAW programming really didn't reflect on PPVs except for the undercards.

Benoit v Malenko series, Mysterio v Guerrero series, BATB 96 for it's main event and Souled Out 97 are the only ones i'd recommend from 96-98.

VR!

They really weren't doing that great to be honest dude, the quality of their RAW programming really didn't reflect on PPVs except for the undercards.

Benoit v Malenko series, Mysterio v Guerrero series, BATB 96 for it's main event and Souled Out 97 are the only ones i'd recommend from 96-98.

VR!

actually thats a good point,maybe a best of nitro collection or something,i bought the brian pillman and rey mysterio dvds purely for the wcw stuff

I got a lot of the Monday Night War series from 24/7 and some of the Nitro stuff from 96 is quite interesting to watch, it's from Sep 95 to April 96 when both RAW and Nitro were an hour long. Nitro was kinda like WWE from six years beforehand ;)

VR!

has anyone gotten wrestlemania 23 yet? my tin edition arrived from silvervision yesterday,have it on now,great reliving the memories,although theyve made some changes,the opening narration is by the usual bloke who does the wwe voiceovers (you know the guy,sounds like he gargles with gravel every morning) wheras on the original show it was (if im not mistaken) the actor keith david. they did very cleverly edit out the guy jumping into the ring at the beginning of the cena/michaels match too. enjoyed watching the HOF,i only caught the highlights in a bar in detroit when i was there and i was half pissed arguing with a guy about if flair was overrated or not while it was on,dusty rhodes induction was hilarious,and flair cries every time someone mentions his name,hes gonna be like a baby when he gets inducted

krudler wrote:
    has anyone gotten wrestlemania 23 yet? my tin edition arrived from silvervision yesterday,have it on now,great reliving the memories,although theyve made some changes,the opening narration is by the usual bloke who does the wwe voiceovers (you know the guy,sounds like he gargles with gravel every morning) wheras on the original show it was (if im not mistaken) the actor keith david. they did very cleverly edit out the guy jumping into the ring at the beginning of the cena/michaels match too. enjoyed watching the HOF,i only caught the highlights in a bar in detroit when i was there and i was half pissed arguing with a guy about if flair was overrated or not while it was on,dusty rhodes induction was hilarious,and flair cries every time someone mentions his name,hes gonna be like a baby when he gets inducted

I actually didn't think much of the event this year, i did see the tin box edition for 44 quid in Tower so i thought i'd pass on it until i found somewhere else doing it for less.

They're usually pretty smart at editing out botches, remember the cruiserweight battle royal at Mania XX where Ultimo Dragon nearly goes on his snot at the entranceway, and then nearly slips off the ropes when he gets into the ring!

VR!

i was pissing myself at his feeble attempt to point at the entranceway "it was the slidy surface i tell ya!" after he nearly fell over, goldberg falling on his arse during his entrance at summerslam 2003 was pretty funny too.

while mania 23 may not have been the best wrestling wise it did have a solid 4 matches out of 8 which aint too terrible,mitb,the 2 title matches and the us title match were all good,pity cena and michaels wasnt as good as the raw event in the uk a few weeks later. i was pissed that the ecw,tag titles and intercontinental titles werent defended ,the IC title title hasnt been defended at a mania in what, 5 years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I have the Jake Roberts one. That is all.

• Advertisement

krudler wrote:
    i was pissing myself at his feeble attempt to point at the entranceway "it was the slidy surface i tell ya!" after he nearly fell over, goldberg falling on his arse during his entrance at summerslam 2003 was pretty funny too.

while mania 23 may not have been the best wrestling wise it did have a solid 4 matches out of 8 which aint too terrible,mitb,the 2 title matches and the us title match were all good,pity cena and michaels wasnt as good as the raw event in the uk a few weeks later. i was pissed that the ecw,tag titles and intercontinental titles werent defended ,the IC title title hasnt been defended at a mania in what, 5 years?

I only really liked the MITB and the last 10 mins of the WHC match, the first 10 nearly put me to sleep to be honest.

But i'll end up getting the DVD for completists purposes.
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I have alot of old vhs tapes and a few dvds but most of my wrestling media is saved on my external hard drive.Il take a screenshot when I figure out how to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Goldberg had a nice recovery to be fair haha, got my brother the WM 23 off WWE.com with the t-shirt and program for his birthday, got the Eddie Guerrero dvd for my troubles not bad but a tad short.

I'll admit I nearly cried haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

krudler wrote:
    my hats off to you,thats a damn fine collection

It sure is.................................

[DVDs.jpg

Thats my entire collection give or take. Couldnt have been arsed seperating the wrestling from non wrestling, but you get the idea (ie i spend too much money on wretling DVDs!!!!

gimmick wrote:
    Thats my entire collection give or take. Couldnt have been arsed seperating the wrestling from non wrestling, but you get the idea (ie i spend too much money on wretling DVDs!!!!

The ROH 5th Year Finale series looks cool, I hadn't seen them together before. Like the Mr Men books!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

gimmick wrote:
    Some I have never watched again. Like PWG DVDs I find very hard to re watch (that said, i find PWG difficult to get into due to lack of any commenatry.).

The PWG DVDs do have commentary, you just have to access it yourself through the audio settings on your DVD player.

There is a buy3 get one free on ROH at the moment. There are a few new releases out today also - Reborn Again, Respect Is Earned (pre order) and A Fight At The Bloomsbury.

I was going to stay away from ROH for a few months as Ive been overkill for a while now, but there are some great matches on the above. I bought Good Times: Great Memories, Fighting Spirit, Reborn Again and Bloomsbury. Ill get Respect Is Earned once it is released.

On a side note, has anyone who ordered the KOE Cup recieved any updates with regard to the DVDs? I paid for mine on pre order, they were meant to be released 11 June, but nada yet and no response to my emails.

gimmick wrote:
    On a side note, has anyone who ordered the KOE Cup recieved any updates with regard to the DVDs? I paid for mine on pre order, they were meant to be released 11 June, but nada yet and no response to my emails.

I heard at the start of the month that there were some legal issues with the publishing of the dvd, but that they had been sorted out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I bought the Fifth year ROH Liverpool festival from wrestlemania and guess what, there was no color. I was outraged.

I went in to get history of the ladder match and they didnt have it. Their collection is poor.

I bought the Fifth year ROH Liverpool festival from wrestlemania and guess what, there was no color. I was outraged.

I would guess that that might have been because the dvds are in NTSC format and you might have been playing it on a PAL format tv. Try it on a newer tv and it will probably work

• Advertisement

Yeah Wrestling Mania get a lot of NTSC format as their stuff tends to come in from the US. If your TV is more than five years old it's gonna play them back in black and white. Play them on a PC or on a more recent TV and it shouldn't have any problem with it.

VR!

Voila, thanks a million. Should the guy at the counter not tell me this when I go to buy the DVD? I would have thought as a consumer I'm entitled to know that my freakin TV is too old to play a DVD.

Voila, thanks a million. Should the guy at the counter not tell me this when I go to buy the DVD? I would have thought as a consumer I'm entitled to know that my freakin TV is too old to play a DVD.

Last i checked they do have a sign saying that they need a multi-region DVD player, meaning they will sell American DVDs as well. After that, It's up to the consumer to check the back of the DVD to see what region it is, what format it is, and if it will work with their equipment.

VR!

thought id give mania 23 a spin on my projector this evening to see how it looked, damn good i must say,note to self,watch more wrestling on an 8ft screen:

697053536a4975000926l.jpg

697053536a4975025663l.jpg

697053536a4975041697l.jpg

I know Irish people don't generally say this but, that is awesome!!!!

krudler wrote:
    thought id give mania 23 a spin on my projector this evening to see how it looked, damn good i must say,note to self,watch more wrestling on an 8ft screen

oooh Mr. Big Shot with your 8ft Titantron!!!:eek: :eek: :D:D

Nah only messing, looks amazing! I`m unbelievably jealous:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,954 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

krudler wrote:
    thought id give mania 23 a spin on my projector this evening to see how it looked, damn good i must say,note to self,watch more wrestling on an 8ft screen:

697053536a4975000926l.jpg

697053536a4975025663l.jpg

697053536a4975041697l.jpg

That's class.

Please excuse me while i bow the f*ck down! That puts my 42" to shame! :D
    Just added Mania 23 to my collection today incidently, will give it a spin and see if it's any better (in my opinion) the second time around.

VR!

id recommend a projector to anyone if youve got the wallspace,i dont even have a screen just a light cream coloured wall,have my xbox 360 hooked up to it too,you havent played gears of war until youve played it on a giant screen:D ,theyre way cheaper than tvs too,i paid 700e for that and its pretty much an entry level one,but it does 480p hd as well so it looks great

697053536a3674773043b839484165l.jpg

I think I've got my birthday present sorted out!

• Advertisement
Advertisement