Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

this is a pretty bizarre debate
    I am Kaiser Soze

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

fack it. just spotted Mayo are down for the first semi next year on June 14th.
    I'm gonna be away. had hoped it would be the following week. will have to watch it in sunny Portugal so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,044 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Mayo Senior football match fixtures, dates, times and venues for 2015 updated;

http://mayoclub51.com/mayo-gaa-2015-fixturesresults/senior-football-fixturesresults-2015/

Hurling updated here;

http://mayoclub51.com/mayo-gaa-2015-fixturesresults/senior-hurling-fixturesresults-2015/

Minors, U-21's and Ladies fixtures pages will be updated as they are published.

We will also make sure to get any replay dates and venues info and publish them!

Based on that the winners of the Coannugh and Leinster Championships play one of the last two B side qualifiers and the winner of Munster and Ulster play the last two A siders.

That makes it once again a really tough path for Mayo in 2015

If you loose to Galway then you go into the B side which is full of the likes of Donegal, Tyrone, Derry, Arnagh and Down, and even Tipp.
    And if you negotiate your way through three rounds of that you end up playing most likely Dublin in the QF

And even if you do win Connaught there is a good chance that you meet one of the above nordies in the QF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Always_Running

1111_club-star_290.jpg
    Anyone lucky to be included or unlucky to miss out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Morgan Lyons of Ballyhaunis should feel hard done by. Had a great year for Haunis but future looks bright for the young buck as he has pace to burn. Good footballer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Hard luck to Achill who were defeated by Oileain Arainn 0-16 to 0-8 in the Connacht Junior Club final today.

Based on that the winners of the Coannugh and Leinster Championships play one of the last two B side qualifiers and the winner of Munster and Ulster play the last two A siders.

That makes it once again a really tough path for Mayo in 2015

If you loose to Galway then you go into the B side which is full of the likes of Donegal, Tyrone, Derry, Arnagh and Down, and even Tipp.
    And if you negotiate your way through three rounds of that you end up playing most likely Dublin in the QF

And even if you do win Connaught there is a good chance that you meet one of the above nordies in the QF

Actually this is not the case according to the Master Fixture list
    http://livegaelic.com/news/gaa-master-fixture-list-broken/

Leinster and Munster Play A sides and Connaught and Ulster play B

So if Mayo have to negotiate the back door then they would play Ulster Champs in QF and Leinster champs\A side qualifier in SF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

Anyone know of any place in Dublin where you could watch the final tomorrow? Preferably d2 or d6

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Anyone know of any place in Dublin where you could watch the final tomorrow? Preferably d2 or d6

Isn't it on TnaG?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

yop wrote: »
    Isn't it on TnaG?

Yeah just wouldn't mind an afternoon pint while watching :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭HighKing33

Just head to your nearest auld lads' pub and ask the bar staff to put it on for you. From my experiences of living in Dublin the obvious pubs to head to for GAA matches, e.g. Quinns or The Big Tree are actually the least palatable. There are some heads in Dublin who freak out at Gaeilge being broadcast at them from TV sets but you can just laugh at them.

Remember it's not live on TG4, its deferred so it will be on around 4pm.

Some stupid hurling match on live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Always_Running

One-sided Connacht final the game was over as a contest when Corofin scored their first goal. Cillian O Connor well held by Fitzgerald who must be in his mid 30s now? Dillon best again for tubber remains to be seen if he'll give county football another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

One-sided Connacht final the game was over as a contest when Corofin scored their first goal. Cillian O Connor well held by Fitzgerald who must be in his mid 30s now? Dillon best again for tubber remains to be seen if he'll give county football another year.

Mayo GAA doing what Mayo GAA does best...losing end of!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Mayo GAA doing what Mayo GAA does best...losing end of!

4 Connacht titles in a row... end of.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭wackokid

Mayo GAA doing what Mayo GAA does best...losing end of

I'd hold him myself if the flipping ball was at the other end of the field all day. That Gibbons lad had an off day today, I mean a stinker.
    Having said that, Corofin will give any club team a game with young Dunne and Lundy hard to handle up front and a damn good mid field pairing.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭homeofhurling

as my father used to say the only county that will bring sam across the shannon is galway, i am 47 years old watching gaa matches since 1978 i think he is right, nothing again mayo who have had some great footballers but i think itsnot to be for them, Galway will be back on top in connacht soon and will win sam.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭boosabum

It's amazing how it still requires a large Mayo input to get these galway teams to win anything.
    O'mahony and now Roachford :)

as my father used to say the only county that will bring sam across the shannon is galway, i am 47 years old watching gaa matches since 1978 i think he is right, nothing again mayo who have had some great footballers but i think itsnot to be for them, Galway will be back on top in connacht soon and will win sam.

And the irony in that is your username and that statement.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭HighKing33

Corofin move the ball better than most county teams - exhibition stuff and they had the workrate to match it. The kicking, use of space and point-taking was really special - if the Galway seniors could emulate that they'd be a force.

Balintubber gave so much posession away that they were never really in it. Diarmuid O'Connor I thought had a good game. He's not the biggest player in the world and probably not as gifted as the brother but he's a very clever footballer, always makes use of the ball. Not a bad thing for Mayo.

• Advertisement

HighKing33 wrote: »
    Corofin move the ball better than most county teams - exhibition stuff and they had the workrate to match it. The kicking, use of space and point-taking was really special - if the Galway seniors could emulate that they'd be a force.

Balintubber gave so much posession away that they were never really in it. Diarmuid O'Connor I thought had a good game. He's not the biggest player in the world and probably not as gifted as the brother but he's a very clever footballer, always makes use of the ball. Not a bad thing for Mayo.

Absolutely was top notch. They will be hard stopped. The ONLY weakness I could see in them was when Tubber ran at them at pace, I can see Connolly causing problems, but some of the scores and support play was excellent. They are at a v high standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Galway need to win Connacht first before talking about Sam.

Now that there is no Mayo representative in the All Ireland Club series the decks are clear for everyone to be involved for the county team in the FBD and League

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

yop wrote: »
    4 Connacht titles in a row... end of.

And crumble when they leave home comforts...every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

It's like you get off reminding us all about Mayo not landing Sam.

We all know Mayo aren't perfect but we have been consistently one of the top teams in the country for a few years now. I'm sure under Connolly and Holmes, the players will continue to push on and better themselves. Myself, and all of the other supporters in here will continue to follow them on their journey, win, lose or draw. You're in the wrong thread tbh.

Nope, been to how many finals now, won how many semi finals? Don't call that crumbling?
    Didn't we win a league title in the last 10 years? That was a final?

You seem v bitter about Mayo GAA? Watch your blood pressure there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

We might as well give up if we were to follow your thinking/philosophy.Fortunately the vast majority of Mayo supporters will continue to offer their unwavering support in the quest to win the All Ireland,shall make it all the sweeter if and when it does happen.Overt negativity serves no useful purpose,constructive criticism by all means.

Echo the sentiments re the game yesterday.Corofin were excellent,potential All Ireland winners.They brought a massive support,no shame on Ballintubber.They'd a fine season overall, Diarmuid o Connor does seem to have some potential to excel at inter county level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Quick question... Are you a Mayo "fan" .... or are you a Mayo supporter?? Never mind.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Guys, it's clear we have a persistent troll here. Instead of feeding him and spoiling the thread just report his posts and hopefully the mods will see fit to deal with him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Guys, it's clear we have a persistent troll here. Instead of feeding him and spoiling the thread just report his posts and hopefully the mods will see fit to deal with him.
    Indeed. Apologies for the delay.
    MayoSalmon, do not post in this thread again. Any more trolling will result in a forum ban.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement