Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

You crazy people. It was said days ago not to click on 'Quick Reply' because it will give you a double post. Does anyone read the messages anymore ? and that was days ago. I'm not being an ass, but it was said so many times to not click on quick reply as you will get a double post. Just use the main reply feature and then you won't get a double post, simple as that.

In one ear and out the other :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Internal Server Error

500 Internal Server Error

Is what I get uploading a picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

You crazy people. It was said days ago not to click on 'Quick Reply' because it will give you a double post. Does anyone read the messages anymore ? and that was days ago. I'm not being an ass, but it was said so many times to not click on quick reply as you will get a double post. Just use the main reply feature and then you won't get a double post, simple as that.

In one ear and out the other :pac:
    The thread is 87 pages long, and the search function isn't working. I think it's reasonable to expect people not to see every bug message.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mamax

Still can't log in on my desktop any boards fix for that as it can't be users side ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

The thread is 87 pages long, and the search function isn't working. I think it's reasonable to expect people not to see every bug message.

The reason why I said it is because it has been said on many many threads for days, not just this one. It's hard to miss. No biggy though :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Performance is all over the place- its zippy now- but pretty much unusable a lot of the time (including at 7.30AM this morning). Also- having trouble trying to login on touch (but desktop seems to be fine- I've tried a few different gateways- all are similar).

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

McChubbin wrote: »
    To the lovely folks at the help desk who got back to me via email when I was freaking out over potentially losing my account:
    THANK YOU! I was so certain this account was banjaxed due to being linked to my old defunct email but nope, problem was swiftly sorted and all is well. Thank you so much! If I knew where to send one, I'd bake ye a cake! :D
    A cake! :eek:
    Sure that's what we are here for (helping, not eating cake :D). Please, please update the email address on your account though and that goes for all the other users who emailed a similar story - it can be done here when logged in: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editpassword
    I tried to log in a few days ago and it told me my account was locked and to reset my password. I know this happens when you enter the wrong password too many times but I didn't enter it incorrectly at all. This hasn't happened since.

Is this a known problem?
    Yes this was a known issue but should not still be happening now. It had nothing to do with your password and your password should be back working now. Which I'm guessing it is as you've posted :)
    Balmed Out wrote: »
    just me or problem attaching pictures?
    Attachments are not displaying at the moment but this is on the list of things to be fixed.
    mamax wrote: »
    Still can't log in on my desktop any boards fix for that as it can't be users side ?
    Clear your cookies on the browser, try your most recent password. If that doesn't work you may need to reset your password. HOWEVER. Password reset emails are not working at the moment so if that is the case you will need to reset when logged in from elsewhere or email hello@boards.ie for assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

Great to see that boards.ie is now back to normal. Thanks

@niamh, thanks for the reply but the site just won't load at all, I've cleared cookies and deleted the saved passwords for boards and even run ccleaner but no good

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Completely impossible to access the site on touch (4G). Stuck in an eternal captcha loop. It was fine on WiFi earlier. cache cleared, b-static visited, endless captchas entered, nothing works. Are foreign 4G carriers banned at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Still cant log in only on Beta,having trouble posting as well

"An error has occurred" pops up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

If you're outside of Ireland, then yea, you're going to be subjected to a lot more checking - this is something we will be able to relax as we've got more workable data about the attacks etc. Yes, it's a massive pain in the arse, I'm really sorry, but there's no easy way to ease these restriction and maintain the protection CloudFlare offers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Dav wrote: »
    If you're outside of Ireland, then yea, you're going to be subjected to a lot more checking - this is something we will be able to relax as we've got more workable data about the attacks etc. Yes, it's a massive pain in the arse, I'm really sorry, but there's no easy way to ease these restriction and maintain the protection CloudFlare offers.

No skin off my nose. I understand you gotta circle the wagons, and keep firing lanes clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

So I have to click on this every few hours or so to keep the html loading otherwise it keeps reverting to raw text.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Dav wrote: »

I'm in Seattle. And i'm absolutely okay with CloudFlare. If thats what it takes to defeat the ddos.

Having to click the b-static link to get the full html site to load is far far more annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just went to touch site. Got raw data and the search function not working.

When I clicked a link in a ln email alert the format was fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Have yous killed SSL for general browsing on the forum?

Request:
    Request URL:https://www.boards.ie/
    Request Method:GET
    Status Code:301 OK
    Remote Address:x.x.x.x

Response Headers
    cf-ray:xxxxxx
    date:Thu, 28 Jan 2016 15:03:32 GMT
    server:cloudflare-nginx

SSL was never supported for anything other than authentication if I recall.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I just clicked on 'Search this forum' - I was brought to the bottom of the page, fair enough. I typed the word I was looking for, and I got this error message:

'In order to accept POST requests originating from this domain, the admin must add this domain to the whitelist.'

The url read: http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭rodge123

Hi guys

I'm unable to upload images to a post:

I'm attempting to upload .png...I get a 500 error when it seems to complete.
    I return to attachments list and it appears to have uploaded.
    But when I click the url to image nothing shows up.

This post for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Images don't show up for me.
    Site looks like HTML code with very basic graphics.
    Everything is tabbed onto the left side..like webpages from 1998.

This is how I see the site through 3 different computers and 2 different tablets using a variety of browsers.

Am I the only one ? or is everyone the same ?

Site is pretty much so ugly that I've been avoiding it as trying to navigate it isn't worth my time.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Images don't show up for me.
    Site looks like HTML code with very basic graphics.
    Everything is tabbed onto the left side..like webpages from 1998.

This is how I see the site through 3 different computers and 2 different tablets using a variety of browsers.

Am I the only one ? or is everyone the same ?

Site is pretty much so ugly that I've been avoiding it as trying to navigate it isn't worth my time.
    Go to http://www.b-static.net and try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

looks like this basically

nnIEW91.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Cant access site on iphone, server error or something, what's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 ubermick

SeantheMan wrote: »
    looks like this basically

So the workaround there, right click on one of the broken images, it'll take you to a site called b-static. You'll have to do the captcha thing again, then go back to boards.ie and refresh. Should sort most of it out.

Doing my head in though. I have to go through that every time I visit the site. Captcha to access the main site, then go through that for the image server. And because there are multiple image servers, have to do the same to all of them.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Captchas on b static aren't working on WiFi touch.

ERROR for site owner:
    Invalid domain for site key

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

This new fangled cloudflare thing is annoying, constantly prompted to enter the code right after I've entered countless times. I can only access boards now after turning WiFi off.

I can only assume its picking up the high number of "members" from where I work as a problem. Which is rather absurd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Cloud Flare comes with a whole load of add ons. It really depends on what extras boards have and their configuration.
    It may need relaxing when the danger has passed.
    Ive used CF both privately and commercially for a number of years without any issues.
    I reckon its to do with the lock down procedures to protect the site rather than CF itself.

I've had no issues today on the touch site.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Today was a real challenge getting onto boards.

My 26 Captcha's attempts did not work on Chrome.
    Finally got through on MS Edge after another round of waterboarding (many Captcha's). Then I got the malformed pages, before going to static.net for another session of Captcha's. And finally I'm in.

But now all my 'boards' time has been used up and I have to go back to work.

• Advertisement

Can't get on with wifi at work but 3G no problem lol
    You really need professional help with this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement