Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,029 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

An A340 just flew over my house, strange routing - I can only imagine it is related to weather

Capture.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,029 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

and the Air Ambulance is out just about to land at the A&E hospital in Paisley

Capture.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

smurfjed wrote: »
    Isn't that what they supposed to do?

Indeed i was replying to another poster who i assume thought it was strange Stobarts using 25 as opposed to 17/35

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I saw a low flying plane north of Slough on a weird flight path, checked it on FR and it is an Etihad A380, looks like it has done a touch and go at Heathrow, on my phone and it won't allow me to upload the screenshot, so will do it once I get to work

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Not on FR24 but a P-3 orion just landed a short time ago in SNN. Not many electras of any variation visit our shores very often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭Mech1

I'm awaiting boarding in Palma Majorca, home this evening.EI737.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Mech1 wrote: »

Did you enjoy your speedy run through the airport and the painful task of connecting to the WiFi? (Wouldn't work for me)

No free wifi, on mobile data.

No free wifi, on mobile data.

Turn it off before it charges you an arm and a leg :) I'll track your flight and post a few screenshots later.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

Your on DEJ home Mec enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Screen shots from this morning

Etihad 1 is a screenshot from when I first noticed the plane, 2nd landing shows the route around to land.

Edi is a screenshot of what looks like the same problem with a flight from Edinburgh.

360197.png

This one is unusual, I actually saw the plane land on the North runway as you can see by the blue dot on the map, so don't understand where that went to!

The United 757 is just an inaccuracy in the radar, quite common, especially at DUB and with United 757's. You often have them landing in the city centre or up in swords!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ohigg84

Yesterday I saw a Lufthansa 737-500 flying in the direction of Greenland. Is she going to the U.S to be scrapped?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I did that flight this day last week, sent into the hold for RW16, did 3 loops in the hold over Meath and with low cloud slightly bumpy before landing.

Welcome back!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

astrofluff wrote: »
    I did that flight this day last week, sent into the hold for RW16, did 3 loops in the hold over Meath and with low cloud slightly bumpy before landing.

Welcome back!

Thanks, no holding today straight in, bit of minor turbulence on route but nothing to worry about.

Thanks, no holding today straight in, bit of minor turbulence on route but nothing to worry about.

I have your screenshots, I will upload them later or tommorow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

ohigg84 wrote: »
    Yesterday I saw a Lufthansa 737-500 flying in the direction of Greenland. Is she going to the U.S to be scrapped?

D-ABIU ferried 25aug15 FRA-KEF-YYR-BGR-SFB.

Alitalia AZ621 Lax to Fco a 777 will be stopping off in SNN this afternoon around 2pm. Also and an Alitalia A320 due an hour beforehand from Fco.

BZ wrote: »
    Alitalia AZ621 Lax to Fco a 777 will be stopping off in SNN this afternoon around 2pm. Also and an Alitalia A320 due an hour beforehand from Fco.

Not showing on FR24 for some reason but just about to land now in SNN.

BE663 holding at NOC?
    Is it too windy?

Stats for NOC:
    Visbility: 5000m light showers
    Wind: 210 degrees 19kts
    RWY 27: 9kt Headwind 16kt crosswind.

• Advertisement

2 go-arounds at Dublin just there, I don't know if they are weather related or not. Let's just hope DM doesn't hear about them!

http://www.flightradar24.com/AZA8802/7424da1

Anyone know where she's going?

ohigg84 wrote: »
    http://www.flightradar24.com/AZA8802/7424da1

Anyone know where she's going?

As BZ reported earlier, it came from Rome, so I'd imagine it's going back to Rome

Carnacalla wrote: »
    As BZ reported earlier, it came from Rome, so I'd imagine it's going back to Rome

Thanks, that's what I assumed, but didn't see it's destination, just said it departed Shannon.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Going to hazard a guess that there was some sort of delay in SFO, which would have meant the crew going out of hours before they got to Rome, so they flew a relief crew in to meet the aircraft, and then it's taken everyone home again, and the flight from SFO wasn't delayed as badly as it would have been if the crew had had to wait in SFO to get back in to being available.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Going to hazard a guess that there was some sort of delay in SFO, which would have meant the crew going out of hours before they got to Rome, so they flew a relief crew in to meet the aircraft, and then it's taken everyone home again, and the flight from SFO wasn't delayed as badly as it would have been if the crew had had to wait in SFO to get back in to being available.

Does a relief crew hang around an airport waiting to go, or is it a case of being 'on call'. I presume big airlines have crews going out of hours frequently enough?

It's an expensive way of minimising a delay isn't it? Alot of fuel for the 2.5-3hr flight both ways.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Don't know for sure, they'd probably have been on call, but the relief crew(s) would have had plenty of time to get in to the airport, the flight time from SFO to SNN would have been 10 or 11 hours, from FCO to SNN about 3.

It would have needed 2 relief crews, the 777 relief, and the crew to operate the 321, and a spare aircraft, but for an operation the size of Alitalia, they would have been geared up for it, and the delay caused by making a tech stop at SNN would have been minor in comparison to the crew having to take a rest period in SFO, which would probably have been 12 hours or so, and the subsequent knock on delays on the 777, which is not so easy to fix in comparison to short haul, where an aircraft swap can be managed more easily.

And yes, flying a relief crew into SNN would have been cheaper than the costs they would have incurred with a 12 hour delay in SFO, it was a quick bit of thinking in Flight Ops to come up with that plan, as they'd have been under pressure at the time.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

arubex wrote: »
    2015-06-14
    That's a new one to me, SkyGreece Airlines. Started operations between Toronto and Athens last month.

And... gone! Just read today that Skygreece has disappeared off the Internet and their management has apparently slipped away in the night leaving passengers stranded and bewildered. Oh dear.

http://www.pappaspost.com/skygreece-temporarily-ceasing-all-operations/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Does a relief crew hang around an airport waiting to go, or is it a case of being 'on call'.
    Airlines can have crew on airport standby for x hours per day to cover immediate problems and also have crew on home standby. There is some discretion in the crew being able to extend duty time, but guessing that this wasn't enough in this case.
    Alot of fuel for the 2.5-3hr flight both ways.
    Peanuts compared to hotel rooms and the associated knock on delays!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement