Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain alerts

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Still 15 tents in the local Aldi. Lets hope no one buys them :)

I did buy the Lidl sleeping bag liners today. They are quite thick and bulky so should add a bit of warmth to a sleeping bag. Handy on their own in really hot weather when you just want something to cover you but not much. Most of the cheap sleeping bags are rated at 2-3 seasons use and with one of these liners I think you could safely make that 3 seasons. Not really a bargain but still a useful item.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭wolfeye

Picked up a few in Tesco today for 1.99 euro.
    Labeled as 1.99 and scanned at that price.

Same ones amazon 8.01 stg.

So could be worth checking your local Tesco .

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wilkinson-Sword-632348-Energizer-Headlight/dp/B003YC9RO6

wolfeye wrote: »
    Picked up a few in Tesco today for 1.99 euro.
    Labeled as 1.99 and scanned at that price.

Same ones amazon 8.01 stg.

So could be worth checking your local Tesco .

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wilkinson-Sword-632348-Energizer-Headlight/dp/B003YC9RO6

Thats a good deal. I know that particular head torch turns up on special offer every now and again €3.49 is the cheapest I've ever seen them.

If you use them a lot the elastic eventually goes in the head band and I find them easy to switch on in your pocket but still one of the best head torches around for the price.

my3cents wrote: »
    Thats a good deal. I know that particular head torch turns up on special offer every now and again €3.49 is the cheapest I've ever seen them.

If you use them a lot the elastic eventually goes in the head band and I find them easy to switch on in your pocket but still one of the best head torches around for the price.

Yeah could not go wrong at that price.
    Mine will be thrown into the BOBS.
    Probably better to only put batteries in the headlight when going use it ,if it comes on in pocket easily.

Regarding a previous post of yours,still 10 plus one man tents in my local aldi.Interesting to see if will be discounted.

Picked up a cotton sleeping bag liner today in Aldi .

Reduced from 8.99 to 4.49 euro.

Mummy and envelope liners.

mummy liner. 210 x 71x 51 cm .200g.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

Dealz have lynx roll on and shower gels for €1.50 each

ALDI ONE MAN TENTS down to €17.95 (were 24.95)

:D

I could have played a waiting game to see if they went any lower but €18 was right for me. Still about 10 left in Dungarvan store.

http://www.survivalmetrics.com/ 25% off with code Christmas until Tuesday28th July

fishing gear in aldi on sunday https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/sun-2-aug/

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Mad Englishman

Great idea for a thread!
    Two obvious ones to keep an eye on are the Lidl, Aldi offer pages for anything coming up that may be useful. Another place to check out is DealExtreme. Quality can vary, but they have a huge range of products and shipping is free on everything I've looked at on the site. Especially check out the outdoor activities/camping sections, and there are plenty of torches, paracord, collapsible water bottles, fire steels etc.

I had ordered some button cell batteries and a high mAh USB battery from DealExtreme. The cheaper button cells arrived but I am yet to see the USB backup battery and some not so cheap button cell batteries for medical equipment! I was caught out for over €60.00 and change... This is a site that should be black-listed every where!! Good luck if you place an order with DealExtreme!!! :-(
    STAY CLEAR OF THE CHINESE RIP-OFF ARTISTS! YOU WILL REGRET TRUSTING THEM!!!

The Mad Englishman.

(In this case mad at myself for being sucked in to a con scheme!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭hexosan

I had ordered some button cell batteries and a high mAh USB battery from DealExtreme. The cheaper button cells arrived but I am yet to see the USB backup battery and some not so cheap button cell batteries for medical equipment! I was caught out for over €60.00 and change... This is a site that should be black-listed every where!! Good luck if you place an order with DealExtreme!!! :-(

The Mad Englishman.

I've used this site multiple times for the last 5 years plus and I've only ever had one package that didn't arrive. Have you tried aliexpress instead as they offer full refunds for items that don't arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

The Mad Englishman.

How did you pay? You may be able to get a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Mad Englishman

I can not remember as it was quite a while ago! I did try to run it down, but I had no success. All the emails said that they were shipping my stuff, and even on the account page said it was being processed. But I think they were processing the lithium for the batteries!
    They had even told me that the shipping company refused to send anything with lithium batteries, BUT! The very same company had just delivered 150 lithium button cell batteries a week or so before! Can't quite figure that one out!!! :-/

The Mad Englishman.

For those that use a leatherman surge the aldi craft brand jigsaw blades fit the saw/file section I now carry a file saw and hacksaw for mine

• Registered Users Posts: 29 liamofT

Lidl have work gloves at mo for 6.99 for anyone that's interested. very well made and fits like the proverbial. Bought them last year used em for cycling, garden chainsawing, metalwork woodwork, bushcraft. Still going strong, bought 2 more pair this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭lostboy75

have to say i do like the gloves as well for that price. don't know if its my hands or what, but i burst them at the finger tips usually. so don't get too long out of them. have one set of more expensive work gloves. (little over 20 IIRC) bought them as there was a deal and you got a "free" cap with them. could not resist!
    they are better gloves, but not 3 times better so will be back to Aldi to stock up again this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 liamofT

lostboy75 wrote: »
    have to say i do like the gloves as well for that price. don't know if its my hands or what, but i burst them at the finger tips usually. so don't get too long out of them. have one set of more expensive work gloves. (little over 20 IIRC) bought them as there was a deal and you got a "free" cap with them. could not resist!
    they are better gloves, but not 3 times better so will be back to Aldi to stock up again this time.

My problem is the opposite . Hands are small so most cheap gloves too big. Lidl do size 7 and 8 which fit me well.

Looks like final reductions in Aldi on the one man tents now €14 and sleeping bag liners now €4. Don't bother with the mini 2 for a euro key chain LED torches all the stock is ancient and all the batteries are flat.

Still 10 tents (€14.50) and some sleeping bag liners in Dungarvan Aldi today.

Found Lemons in Lidl only 49cents for a net of three today (normally 75c) don't think I'll get them any cheaper so bought 10 nets to give preserving lemons a go as a follow up to my pickled eggs.

Also in Lidl and a handy item to have for an emergency is their repair putty (by pattex) €2.99 for metal, I've seen it successfully used on all manner of things from pipe work to fuel tanks. Just cut off a bit the size you need work it (wear disposable gloves) and mold it around the area to be repaired. Not a long term repair but a good get out of jail item. Not sure how long it lasts but I've kept it over a year before and it was still usable. Just put a tube of it in my household emergency grab box.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Spectreon666

Husqvarna are doing good deals with money off some off their chainsaws. Picked up a Husqvarna 435 today with 135 euro off the retail price. Has something to do with the National Ploughing Championships. So if you're looking for a new chainsaw then pop into a Husqvarna store and see what they have.

• Advertisement

Husqvarna are doing good deals with money off some off their chainsaws. Picked up a Husqvarna 435 today with 135 euro off the retail price. Has something to do with the National Ploughing Championships. So if you're looking for a new chainsaw then pop into a Husqvarna store and see what they have.

Its a slack time of year for any of the Forest and Garden machinery dealers. I'm looking for a lawn mower and I know I'll get a better deal now and still have some choice than at any other time of the year. Its much the same for most of the gear they sell.

How much was it? Was thinking of buying a new chainsaw

my3cents wrote: »
    Its a slack time of year for any of the Forest and Garden machinery dealers. I'm looking for a lawn mower and I know I'll get a better deal now and still have some choice than at any other time of the year. Its much the same for most of the gear they sell.

Maybe for normal garden machinery such as strimmers or lawnmowers. I reckon leaf blowers will be popular enough soon. I use my chainsaw pretty much every week even during winter.

aaakev wrote: »
    How much was it? Was thinking of buying a new chainsaw

Got it for €359. Usually €494 in store or if you go online they're around €459. The only have like 6 saws on the list or so but all have between €100 - €135 off the price. The deal is on until the Ploughing championships

Spotted this on Amazon Leatherman Style Multi-Tool - Red Price: £8.64 & potentially free delivery as part of a bigger order.

L_Style_fanned.jpg

Its a nice very small key chain tool that I like and use a lot, however not everyone likes it. It seems difficult to open out the blade and the tools but you do get used to that and I think its better than its rival the Victorinox SD Classic.

Its been discontinued btw so as they say while stocks last. Note the picture is at least double the actual size.

5 months on from this post #1023 I spotted the same 10Watt rechargeable LED lamp on Amazon.co.uk http://www.amazon.co.uk/YELLOW-RECHARGEABLE-PORTABLE-FLOOD-FLOODLIGHT/dp/B00FF8AMX2.

I paid €35 in Lidl and on Amazon they are £16.89 potentially with free delivery as part of a larger order.

Mines still working fine after 5 months but I do remember to charge it at least once a month.

How long do you get out of a single charge? We have one in the breakdown van in work and it's great. It's always on change though because it's used every night

Not ever needed it on for more than an hour so can't really say how long it goes for. If I need light for a long time I fire up an old paraffin tilley lamp or petrol coleman lantern.

Lee cooper 100% merino wool sweaters 12 euro on sports direct.

Postage 6.98 euro.

http://ie.sportsdirect.com/pricecrash/price-crash-9#dcp=1&dppp=100&OrderBy=rank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Advertisement