Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Still rocking the Legacy B4 RSK, bought this fella 2 years ago to the day. Initially I picked a legacy cause I didn't see to many of them around and thought it would be nice to own an unusual car backed up by comfort and power for a relatively low price compared to other cars around the same power.

HFSmsx0.jpg

5a3OWT3.jpg

c3f7oxf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

MASSIVE PICTURES

And getting rarer still :P

I'd say about 4 of mine on the island if even.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Out for a short spin...

353779.jpg

Landmark mileage... Looks ok on it I reckon..

353778.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭sk8board

picked this up yesterday; 4-series gran coupe.
    first ever new car, replacing a '08 5-series touring msport

IMG_5838_zpsm1j7uohp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭DoctorStrange

Very nice! Happy driving. What engine ya get?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

That looks very very nice indeed.

Whats the difference between a 3 series and 4 GC though?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

The 4 GC still uses the same 4 series chassis whereas a 3 series would have a different chassis.

That is absolutely gorgeous sk8board, the blue colour is very striking. What engine is in it? Judging by the size of the front discs I'm going to hazard a guess that it's a 430d.

its the new b47 420d, 190hp & 400 lbs torque. that engine is in the 4GC since April or May.

I tested the 430d alright and its great.

0-100 is 5.6s v 7.1s, but in real-world driving the gap is far closer with the 8-speed ZF box, so I waited for the b47 and got a better spec instead. Taxed it this morning for just €200. happy days.

the brake upgrade seems worth it for the money - you get fixed brembo-made 4-piston calipers and bigger discs, with the shadowline glass and a 600w harman kardon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Wow, 8 speed gearbox and only €200 for a years tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That looks very very nice indeed.

Whats the difference between a 3 series and 4 GC though?

The 3 Series is a standard saloon/hatchback or estate while the 4 GC is a 4 door version of the coupe. Same thing as the Audi A4 and A5 Sportback.

• Advertisement

GvidoR wrote: »
    Wow, 8 speed gearbox and only €200 for a years tax?

thats right yep
    OSI wrote: »
    Pics of the Porsche please :P

Nice looking 4GC btw, looks much nicer than the 3 series.

ha! well spotted. borrowed from a friend for a few weeks between selling my last car and getting this one. Carrera S. Not very practical with 2 kids, but great fun

sk8board wrote: »
    ha! well spotted. borrowed from a friend for a few weeks between selling my last car and getting this one. Carrera S. Not very practical with 2 kids, but great fun

I don't think they really had practicality in mind when designing it. :P

He's some friend! I wouldn't lend most of my own friends a bicycle. Smashing new car by the way. Love the colour

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

First "polish" ever on the celica today. Literally just one quick coat of SRP but even that made a huge improvement imo. Usually it's just a wash, demon shine rinse and dry. Nice to be spending time with the car with the bonnet closed :) *touch wood!

20150702_192917.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Those Celica's really are a great looking car when not ruined by tacky kits and wheels :)

Obligatory pic :pac: Really starting to like the grills :cool:

20150702_202412_zpsy5gcg5hb.jpg

I would have done that too, if it was my car. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

No pics here, too busy making my driveshafts cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

New car :) Probably paid too much for it but I think with 71k KM, I'm going to be looking at it a long time

353967.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

cantdecide wrote: »
    New car :) Probably paid too much for it but I think with 71k KM, I'm going to be looking at it a long time

Had an 08 T-Jet Bravo myself, beautiful car and really fun to drive! Well wear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

That 4GC is the nicest new car ive seen in a while. Theres a 4 Coupe in the same colour around town here, not near half as well proportioned as yours. Well wear!

• Advertisement

That 4GC is the nicest new car ive seen in a while. Theres a 4 Coupe in the same colour around town here, not near half as well proportioned as yours. Well wear!

The big surprises so far are the 8-speed ZF, chunky steering wheel and the brembo brake upgrade. Makes it far more of a drivers car than you'd expect. It's the new b47 engine with 190hp & 400 torque, so it's well able to shift itself along

Front parking sensors were going mental today - had to drop back to the garage to get the reg plate replaced. It had curled on the edges

Some more images:
    D9656F30-8A52-449B-9BCE-FB24964094EA_zpsh0gqwdmd.jpg

846F5FAE-5587-4E90-A743-ABD42459A1A9_zpsrbibiif6.jpg

CA96197E-F20F-4899-B87C-8A806C34BD8A_zpsksonnmcr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Awesome awesome awesome :)
    Some change from my e36 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

gCA7M6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It took skill to get the top 11.1

It took skill to get the top 11.1

More planning than skill, I'd say.

I'm sure he wanted the "all 1's" pic, so he reset the trip at 11100 miles. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Some more images:

Christ that is a beautiful car!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

sk8board wrote:
    Some more images:

Is that a porche in front of it in the drive?

OSI wrote: »
    Pics of the Porsche please :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Ah I see... i just skimmed through a lot of the chat, missed that part it seems! At least I was right though :o

• Advertisement

Yeh, had a lend of a 911 carrera S from a v generous friend for the past few weeks in between selling my e61 and getting the new one.

We're a one car family btw, so I accepted the challenge! that car has done everything a hatchback would do. My 8 and 6yo boys loved being in the back

Had it out for a drive tonight, it goes home tomorrow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement