Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Slimseamie

Ajax 8/1 to beat Barca at home on wednesday, definitely worth a shout at that price, Barca beaten comfortably in el clasico and then lost 1-0 at home to Celta Vigo on the weekend, pressure on Enrique and his team and Ajax can revel in that fact with the support of the passionate home fans. (already drew with Psg in Amsterdam and were unlucky not to win)

Ajax to win 8/1
    Ajax draw no bet 5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Crystal Palace at 23/20 to beat Sunderland tonight.

Sunderland haven't won a Monday night game in 20 attempts (2002), while Palace are a bit of a bogey team for Sunderland, winning the last four in a row.

Coupled with Sunderland's difficulties, I think that's a price too big to pass up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭bradlente

Paully D wrote: »
    Crystal Palace at 23/20 to beat Sunderland tonight.

Sunderland haven't won a Monday night game in 20 attempts (2002), while Palace are a bit of a bogey team for Sunderland, winning the last four in a row.

Coupled with Sunderland's difficulties, I think that's a price too big to pass up.

I wouldn't put any weight on that Monday night stat,I'm sure they've drawn a few of them.Also Palace winning the last four meetings only involves the games that have been played at Selhurst Park unless I'm mistaken.These four games are from last year (Sunderland w/Di Canio),2006 and two from 2004,so I won't be having any of that.Can see it being a tight one as both teams need points,Sunderland are still looking to bounce back from 8-0.No bet but can see a 1-0 win for either team or maybe 1-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Real Madrid -1 FH Asian handicap 5/4
    Dortmund. -1 FH Asian handicap 5/4
    Arsenal -.5 FH Asian handicap 8/11

I'm going to play these in a trixie. I expect all 3 home teams to come out firing from the start. Madrid in superb form and enough said about the pools defence
    Dortmund I feel will again have too much for a mediocre Galatasary team and they really start fast in champions league games.
    Arsenal at home to a very average Belgian side and now finding some rhythm.

I figure the worst that can happen in this bet is for one winner, a void and a loss for half the original stake returned

Opinions are welcome

Good luck with your bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Saw a stat on Sunday that Man City have an average age of 28, the second oldest squad in the PL after Everton.
    I think the legs are starting to go on some of them , you only had to see how 10 man Utd came back at them in the last 15 mins.
    As the winter schedule kicks and season wears on I think City might struggle competing in all comps.

Alert : my last tip was that Real Madrid would struggle with the loss of Alonso... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

28 isn't old though.

It's just their whole team is in its prime!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Holland - Mexico (friendly)

We all know the disastrous start Hiddink has with the Dutch team, played 4, lost 3 (Italy, Iceland, Czech Rep) and 1 win (Mighty Kazahkstan after bein 1-0 down)

Also not a secret i suppose that i dont rate Hiddink at all since his last 4 or 5 jobs were all more or less money grabbing jobs.

Today it is a friendly vs Mexico but the Mexicans will fancy themselves and will definitely be up for it as a revenge for the WC.
    They still think they were cheated out of the tournament by Robben (bit delusional they are)

Not much of an idea just yet who will play for Holland but there are quite a few players who will not take part tonight in order to be fit for Latvia on Sunday, a match of which Hiddink said he will quit if they dont win that one. Unfortunately it will be Holland - Latvia and Latvia is really bad so Hidding leaving the job will most likely not happen.

H2H against Mexico is:

26-06-1960 Mexico-Nederland 3-1 Vriendschappelijk
    19-04-1961 Nederland-Mexico 1-2 Vriendschappelijk
    24-02-1998 Mexico-Nederland 2-3 Vriendschappelijk
    25-06-1998 Nederland-Mexico 2-2 WK-eindronde
    01-06-2006 Nederland-Mexico 2-1 Vriendschappelijk
    26-05-2010 Nederland-Mexico 2-1 Vriendschappelijk
    05-07-2014 Nederland-Mexico 2-1 WK-eindronde

5 friendlies and 2 matches are wc finals.

As said, Mexico will take this serious enough to make this more than a friendly.

For sure not starting tonight are Van Persie, Clasie, Martins Indi, Nigel de Jong.

Dutch squad:

Doel: Jasper Cillessen (Ajax), Tim Krul (Newcastle United, Eng), Kenneth Vermeer (Feyenoord).

Verdediging: Bruno Martins Indi (FC Porto, Por), Joël Veltman (Ajax), Ricardo van Rhijn (Ajax), Ron Vlaar (Aston Villa, Eng), Stefan de Vrij (Lazio, Ita), Gregory van der Wiel (Paris Saint-Germain, Fra), Jetro Willems (PSV).

Middenveld: Ibrahim Afellay (Olympiakos Piraeus, Gri), Daley Blind (Manchester United, Eng), Jordy Clasie (Feyenoord), Nigel de Jong (AC Milan, Ita), Davy Klaassen (Ajax), Wesley Sneijder (Galatasaray, Tur), Georginio Wijnaldum (PSV).

Aanval: Memphis Depay (PSV), Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Schalke 04, Dui), Luciano Narsingh (PSV), Robin van Persie (Manchester United, Eng), Quincy Promes (Spartak Moskou, Rus), Arjen Robben (Bayern München, Dui).

Strike throughs have been replaced by Bruma, Luuk de Jong and Leroy Fer.

Holland should be more solid in the back now with Vlaar returning, at the other hand without Strootman and De Jong (Nigel) there isnt a real good DMF available.

Mexican coach already announced his starting 11:

Ochoa; Aguilar, Miguel Herrera, Alanís, Reyes, Aldrete; Vázquez, Héctor Herrera, Guardado; Vela, Hernández.

Referee (afaik) Marciniak

Bets i fancy:

BTTS,
    Overs,
    Overs/BTTS
    Mexican win\DNB\DC(over evens for the DC is delicious)
    Huntelaar, Vela, Hernandez (both Mexicans are @4 or higher AGS) any time

Mexico/BTTS a lovely @9

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭TheHannibal

Lovely write up. That's a lot of choice though. Anything specific market you would advise ?

Lovely write up. That's a lot of choice though. Anything specific market you would advise ?

Dont have the Dutch line up yet but i do have (small)money on that Mexico/BTTS @9 already.

Dutch midfield will most likely be without a good defensive midfielder although Wijnaldum did nt do too bad at the WC in that position, he really isnt a DMF.

Affelay, Sneijder and Blind in midfield will be a disaster against a good, organised team which Mexico showed they are during the WC

inforfun wrote: »
    Holland - Mexico (friendly)

Bets i fancy:

BTTS, :D
    Overs, :D
    Overs/BTTS :D
    Mexican win :D\DNB :D\DC(over evens for the DC is delicious) :D
    Huntelaar :rolleyes:, Vela :D, Hernandez :D(both Mexicans are @4 or higher AGS) any time

Mexico/BTTS a lovely @9 :D:D

Holland - Mexico 2-3

Vela and Hernandez both score

gif-treadmill-nigga-pimp-699452.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The next time you do one of these I'm following!

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

inforfun wrote: »
    Holland - Mexico 2-3

Vela and Hernandez both score

gif-treadmill-nigga-pimp-699452.gif

Followed on most and on couple of my own. Infor you really are THE MAN!

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

Notts County 13/8 draw no bet away to Coventry.

Notts county are a decent outfit this year under Shaun Derry. They occupy a play off spot at the moment and should stay there. Coventry tho won their cup game midweek are at loggerheads with each other the manager had a public outburst during the week wanting players out of the club after losing at home to non league side in FA Cup last week their not far off relegation places and not playing well Notts Co look good value draw no bet.

Notts Co DNB 13/8 PP

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

Notts County got the 1-0 win!

Lazio - Juventus

Bet:

Stefan de Vrij to get a card in Lazio - Juve tonight @4.5 (unibet)

Averaged 3 cards a season at Feyenoord, afetr 10 matches in Italy he has 3 already which is in fact 4 as he had a send sending off against Genoa for 2 yellows.
    Ref likes the cards too.
    Also had 2 bookings in Hollands last 2 matches.
    http://ie.soccerway.com/players/stefan-de-vrij/102880/matches/
    http://ie.soccerway.com/referees/antonio-damato/63276/

10 on the booking, naughty 5 on the sending off @25

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Exeter v Shrewsbury
    BTTS 10/11

Exeter so far all 8 home league games seen both teams score, Shrewsbury have 1 clean sheet in 8 away league games.

magherakid wrote: »
    Exeter v Shrewsbury
    BTTS 10/11

Exeter so far all 8 home league games seen both teams score, Shrewsbury have 1 clean sheet in 8 away league games.

boom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

The usual Everton tips from the Evertonian :)

In our last 10 games we lost once. Away to Old Trafford, and were quite unlucky.

Wolfsburg will want to go all out and attack as a win will more than likely see them top the group. Everton a draw should do with Krasnodor at home as final game.

We have Spurs away at the weekend so hopefully Martinez doesn't keep an eye on that game. He hasn't any others and played full strength every Europa game.

McCarthy probably won't play as he'll be eased back in after injury.

In our last 5 away games we've conceded in every game except 1 against Lille, more because they have terrible attack. I reckon there will be goals.

All bets on bet365:

Everton DC at 21/20 or Everton DNB at 9/4
    Over 2.5 goals and BTTS YES Evens
    BTTS to score is 8/13

Good bet if people think Wolfs will win is :

Wolfs win BTTS Yes 9/4

I think it'll be 2-1 wolfs or 1-1 draw. Can't see us scoring 2.

EDIT: Thanks to eh I dunno. Informed that Baines/Naismith didn't travel. Still believe the above bets stand. Hibbert has started all Europe games anyway and has been outstanding. Never thought I'd say that <

The usual Everton tips from the Evertonian :)

In our last 10 games we lost once. Away to Old Trafford, and were quite unlucky.

Wolfsburg will want to go all out and attack as a win will more than likely see them top the group. Everton a draw should do with Krasnodor at home as final game.

We have Spurs away at the weekend so hopefully Martinez doesn't keep an eye on that game. He hasn't any others and played full strength every Europa game.

McCarthy probably won't play as he'll be eased back in after injury.

In our last 5 away games we've conceded in every game except 1 against Lille, more because they have terrible attack. I reckon there will be goals.

All bets on bet365:

Everton DC at 21/20 or Everton DNB at 9/4
    Over 2.5 goals and BTTS YES Evens
    BTTS to score is 8/13

Good bet if people think Wolfs will win is :

Wolfs win BTTS Yes 9/4

I think it'll be 2-1 wolfs or 1-1 draw. Can't see us scoring 2.

EDIT: Thanks to eh I dunno. Informed that Baines/Naismith didn't travel. Still believe the above bets stand. Hibbert has started all Europe games anyway and has been outstanding. Never thought I'd say that <

Wow. Don't know how WOlfsburg didn't score. But Main bet of EVerton DC as a winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Wow. Don't know how WOlfsburg didn't score. But Main bet of EVerton DC as a winner!

Awful offside call in the first half cost the btts bet, that and Wolfsburg missing a collection of chances.

• Advertisement

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Awful offside call in the first half cost the btts bet, that and Wolfsburg missing a collection of chances.

Aye, I only jumped on Everton DC myself, but the lads know i post a collection of good tips for Everton games. See a lot of winner sin the daily tips that got on Everton DC so I'm a happy man. Had Wolfsburg scored that goal I don't think Everton would of won.

Accrington v Exeter
    BTTS 3/4

Accrington scored in 8/9 home league games, with 2 clean sheets. Both teams to score landed in 6/9 games.
    Exeter have 1 clean sheet in 9 away league games, scoring in their last 6 away games. Both teams to score landed in 5/9 games.

magherakid wrote: »
    Accrington v Exeter
    BTTS 3/4

Accrington scored in 8/9 home league games, with 2 clean sheets. Both teams to score landed in 6/9 games.
    Exeter have 1 clean sheet in 9 away league games, scoring in their last 6 away games. Both teams to score landed in 5/9 games.

winner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

thanks for that magherakid, added it into a double with willem II looks likely to come in! good man!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Big bet for me today on Deyverson, anytime goalscorer for Belenenses in Portugal v Arouca. Hes the joint second top scorer in the league, i think hes only let me down once all season(surely twice now that im posting it), 15/8 is a daft price for a lad in such good form. Its like the Heldon and Derley bets of last season for those who remember, taking him for two as well at 11s. Belenenses to win at 21/20 seems very generous too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Last round of the season in Belarus, Torpedo Zhodino will finish 3rd and get the last Europa League spot if they win and Shakhtyor don't win away to BATE. Hard to imagine Shakhthyor winning there (BATE will not rest players as they'll have 10 days to rest before their last CL game) so this is a great chance for Torpedo Zhodino who are usually not among the top 3 in Belarus. Zhodino have had great results at home recently drawing with league champions BATE and beating 2nd placed Dinamo Minsk

Torpedo Zhodino @ 1.80 going pretty big on this

• Registered Users Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Big bet for me today on Deyverson, anytime goalscorer for Belenenses in Portugal v Arouca. Hes the joint second top scorer in the league, i think hes only let me down once all season(surely twice now that im posting it), 15/8 is a daft price for a lad in such good form. Its like the Heldon and Derley bets of last season for those who remember, taking him for two as well at 11s. Belenenses to win at 21/20 seems very generous too.

Knew i should have kept it to myself. :rolleyes: Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Last round of the season in Belarus, Torpedo Zhodino will finish 3rd and get the last Europa League spot if they win and Shakhtyor don't win away to BATE. Hard to imagine Shakhthyor winning there (BATE will not rest players as they'll have 10 days to rest before their last CL game) so this is a great chance for Torpedo Zhodino who are usually not among the top 3 in Belarus. Zhodino have had great results at home recently drawing with league champions BATE and beating 2nd placed Dinamo Minsk

Torpedo Zhodino @ 1.80 going pretty big on this

3-1 win!

2usadrr.jpg

Few bets I recommend:

Under 2.5 21/20
    Naismith AT 11/4 ( Reason: He didn't travel to Germany so will have a lot of energy)
    Everton AH 0,0 0.5+ 2.1
    HT draw 13/10

Backing us to win.

Last kick of the 1st half killing 2 bets...

Sorry if anyone followed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Adding Eastleigh at home to Dartford to my double tonight with Bilbao

Eastleigh , boasting a home record of seven wins and three draws from 10 games and taking on a Dartford side that has already tasted defeat on the road eight times this season.
    Plus they are opening a new stand tonight .

gluck everyone

Advertisement