Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

Just a heads up that darksoft's st-v flashcart is down to the last 20 units if anyone was on the fence about nabbing one, now is prolly the time as its doubtful it'll get a second run!

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=26247&start=120

• Registered Users Posts: 34,564 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I was going to get one until I saw how selecting games works. Was hoping there'd be some kind of graphical interface, even if extremely basic.

Don't fancy messing about with jumpers.

Yeah was thinking of hooking it up to a dipswitch myself and mounting it on a cart, make it somewhat handier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

o1s1n wrote: »
    I was going to get one until I saw how selecting games works. Was hoping there'd be some kind of graphical interface, even if extremely basic.

Don't fancy messing about with jumpers.

I think he's ruled out a menu

Master of the Universe

:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

We are spoiled by Krikzz!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    We are spoiled by Krikzz!

lol true, anyone get in on the gb group buy on j+?

Master of the Universe

Eh... so remember I said my friend bought and opened a Snes Lost Vikings a couple of years ago (and a sealed one just sold for €600+?) and gave it to me recently?

I dug it out there to have a look.

It gets worse.

DSC_0547_zpsfa1d4974.jpg

Master of the Universe

Anyone know what a sealed PAL Lost Vikings II Norse by Norsewest goes for? (there's only two open ones currently on ebay, one currently listed at £200 and one that didn't sell at £299) - so if that's what open ones are asking, I'm guessing a sealed one goes for a good bit more than the Lost Vikings 1 above! :eek:

And yes, this IS so I can make fun of him :D (Although I hope it doesn't backfire and he asks for the game back haha)

Edit;

Here's a bit of silly maths that probably has no baring on reality but I'll run it by him anyway :D

A regular Lost Vikings boxed, goes for approx £40

A sealed one sold for £670

A regular Lost Vikings 2 may (potentially) be worth £200

A sealed one goes for... 5 X £670... £3350 - or €4076 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Anyone know what a sealed PAL Lost Vikings II Norse by Norsewest goes for? (there's only two open ones currently on ebay, one currently listed at £200 and one that didn't sell at £299) - so if that's what open ones are asking, I'm guessing a sealed one goes for a good bit more than the Lost Vikings 1 above! :eek:

And yes, this IS so I can make fun of him :D (Although I hope it doesn't backfire and he asks for the game back haha)

Edit;

Here's a bit of silly maths that probably has no baring on reality but I'll run it by him anyway :D

Surely that's dependant on condition of the box. Your one appears a bit tatty but still worth a pretty penny all right.
    You going to give it back to your friend? :pac:

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Surely that's dependant on condition of the box. Your one appears a bit tatty but still worth a pretty penny all right.
    You going to give it back to your friend? :pac:

Well I'm more focusing on the fact that it was mint and sealed when he bought it a couple of years ago - I doubt its worth very much now after he bashed it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Edit;

Where were you a week ago lol!

My CIB lost vikings 2 just arrived this evening, I ended up getting an ntsc copy in really good condition for 66 euro delivered. Unfortunately I ended up stung by customs which sort of negates the savings over a PAL copy. PAL copies of LV 2 are getting rare, I have been keeping an eye on them on ebay for a while.

Hold on to the boxed copy a little while longer and the price is only going to go up as I highly doubt we will see a digital re-release.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

Bought a copy of Darius Gaiden on adverts today for 15 euro posted, then saw the same game in R.A.G.E. for 60!!! Thieving gits!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Hygro wrote: »
    Bought a copy of Darius Gaiden on adverts today for 15 euro posted, then saw the same game in R.A.G.E. for 60!!! Thieving gits!

Brilliant game. Enjoy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Jack burton

sugarman wrote: »
    Any Tesco that was formally a Crazy Prices would have had stock, and id imagine quite a few still have some sort of stock unknowingly lying in a corner of their stores gathering dust.

About 10years ago I picked up a number of Sega Gamegear games in a reduced basket in Tesco Omni.

And in recent times I have seen PS1 memory cards/games as well as Dreamcast and Saturn games in tesco clearance baskets.

Would love to have a good rummage around some of the store rooms around the country!

Yeah I'd say there's some hidden gems gathering dust in store rooms around the country

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I remember when I worked in GAME we were cleaning up the stockroom and came across a little box full of loose original xbox games. Really decent titles too like Shenmue 2. The stock system PC had loads of old stuff still on file like N64 and SNES stuff that you could look up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Nothing will ever beat the time, only a few years ago, when Game on Dawson Street suddenly put dozens of Atari Jaguar games on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'm not too sure that there is too much lying around in stores. I worked in 3 Xtravisions and there was nada in 2 of them and the other only had some ngage stuff and a few loose gameboy advance stuff and I started not too long after they stopped doing gameboy advance stuff. Loads of crappy accessories however.
    Could you imagine working in one of those places now and finding a box of stuff all the same.
    'Oh a box of old junk, I'll just throw 'em out.'
    'Now hold on there now Sparky, I'll just put that in the bin. You just mind your back, actually why don't you go get a coffee, my treat. And I'll finish clearing out this 'junk'.'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sure, wasn't I given free go at a box of Xbox games in the Gamestop warehouse before the rest was dropped into the skip.
    Bolstered the collection nicely too.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Sure, wasn't I given free go at a box of Xbox games in the Gamestop warehouse before the rest was dropped into the skip.
    Bolstered the collection nicely too.

Should of grabbed everyone, free box's lol.

• Advertisement

Oh, it was a long time ago and I didn't want to appear greedy.
    Anything decent I got, the rest was mostly muck.
    There was a smaller box of Gamecube titles but I had most of them.

Sure, isn't there a culture of dumpster diving outside of games stores for just such things?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Dumpster diving for all the GameStop display signs and cutous is a big thing in America anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

sugarman wrote: »
    I can imagine. I remember the Smyth's near me had a megadrive and SNES demo stand with pads still attached left out back beside the skip for months. If I'd the space would have took both, in the end I think some travellers gutted them for scrap

That must have been a sorry sight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭RNB

Hygro wrote: »

Bought a minty one recently on eBay for €52 delivered, so €60 isn't too mental.

€15 was a steal! Nicely done ;)

Is €24 posted for Dragons Crown on the PS3 a good price?
    At this point I am fearful that spending that on it will only cause the fates to give it away next month on the Instant Game Collection!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭RNB

At this point I am fearful that spending that on it will only cause the fates to give it away next month on the Instant Game Collection!

Assuming it's used, in good condition, price would be about right :-)

Master of the Universe

The boobage on show in Dragon's Crown would have me wary of buying second hand copies :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

The boobage on show in Dragon's Crown would have me wary of buying second hand copies :eek:
    must buy a new 1......

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's a scrolling beat em up, so I think that answers the question from your perspective :pac:

And yes, some of the content in it could best be described as thinly censored hentai.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Check ShopTo, I got my copy of Dragons Crown there, complete with art book pack-in, for less than that I think. Great game. Loads of jabs in it! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement