Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

That, and some sh1te about beauty being laughing or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

"Only a Bord Na Mona fire, creates the Bord Na Mona effect."

Bord Na Mona effect?!? That's not a real thing. It will never be a real thing. Saying it in the ad doesn't suddenly make it a real thing that people do or say. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Kirby wrote: »

Bord Na Mona effect?!? That's not a real thing. It will never be a real thing. Saying it in the ad doesn't suddenly make it a real thing that people do or say. :mad:
    shush!!! It's Bord Na Mona's version of the reality distortion field. Or reality distortion mist!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Gretchen, stop trying to make "Bord na Mona effect" happen. It's NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

It would be a particularly weird thing to say. "oh there's nothing like the turf board effect", as though there's some sentimental attachment to badly named semi state bodies from the 20s or whatever. Ah, the south eastern health board effect!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Hate the eircom phone watch ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Borderfox wrote: »
    Digital Hearing ad, cant decide if he looks like Captain Nemo or Captain Birds Eye

And let's not forget that he says almost the exact same things as this guy (the only real difference being that he says "digital" instead of "hidden"). ;);)

LynnGrace wrote: »

FYP. :);)

I guess the folks at PhoneWatch don't want to scrub away all traces of Eircom just yet. Either that, or they simply can't be bothered making a new ad...

Still wouldn't say no to getting into bed with that young blonde lady, though. :o:o:D;)

Here's a bit more about her:

http://www.showstoppersstageschool.com/about/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Not just that, but its been on for over seven f***ing years!

The Mot-iv-at-ion clinic ones annoy me as well. She sounds like she is speaking in very slow motion, or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Opel Mokka.

As well as being a mediocre crossover, their new ad trumps the mediocrity.

Claudia schiffer drives into carpark where 2 blue steel posers in attendance offer to drive the car down the modest slope for her is a very "I'll do this and you suck my d" kinda way.

But no need!

Claudia can escape the misogyny by pressing a button which will allow her car to drive into the car park; (which we assume other cars can enter with ease).

• Advertisement

FYP. :);)

I guess the folks at PhoneWatch don't want to scrub away all traces of Eircom just yet. Either that, or they simply can't be bothered making a new ad...

:D not sure if that means advertising works, or not. I just want to throw something at the tv when she starts...'I called the guards' etc. That is probably why I didn't notice it was just Phone Watch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭Turquoise Lagoon

The allianz insurance ads, the one with the car rolling into the lake and the man knocking over the paint, they all yell ahhh...llianz insurance. So annoying :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Lidl quality beef ad.

He can't seem to say either Lidl or Bord Bia and he's a bit smug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

Elmo wrote: »
    Lidl quality beef ad.

He can't seem to say either Lidl or Bord Bia and he's a bit smug.

Do you remember the Aldi one that was on during the summer about the beef coming from 'the black cattle'?
    It vanished after a few weeks. Painted farmers as being fierce stupid human beings indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

sopretty wrote: »
    Do you remember the Aldi one that was on during the summer about the beef coming from 'the black cattle'?
    It vanished after a few weeks. Painted farmers as being fierce stupid human beings indeed.

I know a relation of the "black cattle" man, and believe me, though he might sound stupid to you, he's one smart cookie! ;)

And a nice man too, I ought to add!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,872 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

sopretty wrote: »

Don't think cattle are racist, calling them Aberdeen Angus or whatever breed they are would only confuse the townies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Well folks, I am a bit too much of a regular here for it to be healthy, and this is completely the opposite of on-topic. But I posted on the 'adverts we like' thread, which is much less enjoyable by definition because it's lacking cynicism and hatred, and nobody ever posts there because ads are not likeable. Anyway my point was that I am a massive, massive fan of the new SuperValu ad, or more particularly the woman in it. Everything about her (except her child and her horrible jacket) is great and I'll be shopping there for the foreseeable future.

That's my shameful admission out of the way. If someone could send me her name, address, birthday, and weekly schedule that would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Best of Patricks festival luck to you, Prince Charming.

gugleguy wrote: »
    Best of Patricks festival luck to you, Prince Charming.

I knew this was the right place to go with this. "Adverts we like" my ar$e...

• Advertisement

The ads with animals crawling out of packets of biscuits...ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The ads with animals crawling out of packets of biscuits...ugh.

lol have to respect the music though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

There is an ad on rte right now for saving money on life insurance or mortgage protection , it could be 123.ie or hello.ie or whoever cant be sure but anyway....

It features a Father on front of a dark mirror in a black suit talking dourly about "if" one of the couple should die the mortgage will be paid off etc etc..

He is just about to put a black tie on when his missus comes up behind him offering him a nice gold tie telling him "were not going to a funeral"..... now the old git turns around to see his smiling daughter in her wedding dress!!

Does he have dementia?? Isn't he aware that his daughter is actually getting married like TODAY! and WTF is he doing in a black suit with a black tie anyway?
    It's suppose to be a joyous occasion you miserable old bugger!!

Rant over but ad makes no sense!

youtube! wrote: »
    There is an ad on rte right now for saving money on life insurance or mortgage protection , it could be 123.ie or hello.ie or whoever cant be sure but anyway....

It features a Father on front of a dark mirror in a black suit talking dourly about "if" one of the couple should die the mortgage will be paid off etc etc..

He is just about to put a black tie on when his missus comes up behind him offering him a nice gold tie telling him "were not going to a funeral"..... now the old git turns around to see his smiling daughter in her wedding dress!!

Does he have dementia?? Isn't he aware that his daughter is actually getting married like TODAY! and WTF is he doing in a black suit with a black tie anyway?
    It's suppose to be a joyous occasion you miserable old bugger!!

Rant over but ad makes no sense!

It's for hello.ie, the makers of easily the most annoying ad of the last decade, 'even an adult could get it', you know the one.

Terrible ad alright. The implication seems to be that if you get some other insurance, your wife will die. But if you switch, your daughter will get married. But yeah, the effect is like he's got early onset Alzheimer's.

If this was an ad for Crown or Fleetwood paint, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

But it's for Dulux. And the dog only has a token presence. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

Power, PrePay Power!
    What kind of folks use PrePay Power?
    Old folks, young folks,
    Folks who ride on bikes!
    Busy folks, lazy folks,
    Even folks on hunger strikes
    Like Power, PrePay Power!
    The power... to... pay... your... way!!!

Might have made a better ad, you know... :o:o:o:o:D:D:D:D:D:D

0005010000605_500X500.jpg

I just found out that the red-haired lady is Sharon Clancy. Anyone who still remembers UTV's Brain Box might remember that she hosted it for a bit. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The numpty from the Meteor Christmas advert (He turns more into an elf with ever question), and the Axa Red line :mad: Advert (Breakit... :mad::() is now doing some sort of crap flailing dancing, in an Airport for Cadburys Biscuit Bar.

Who keeps hiring him? Or are there no other people auditioning for these shíte adverts (That would probably be a good thing)...?

The Aldi ads...why do the people featured look so glum! Shouldn't they be happy that they are saving money?

• Advertisement

Elmo wrote: »
    lol have to respect the music though

I love Fawlty Towers, using that theme tune makes me dislike the ad even more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement