Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Want to join a club/advertise a club? Post in this thread!***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭hardybuck

coolock94 wrote: »
    im interested in going back into Gaelic football after 4 years out of it im 19 and am an average player used to play for innis fails,,, looking for somewhere in coolock or close by...

You're spoiled for choice in that area. Parnells have some terrific facilities, but some people would find it hard to settle into a large club like them.

In close proximity you've got the likes of Raheny, Whitehall, St.Monica's, Naomh Barrog, O'Toole's.

It's the right time of year to do a bit of online research into the above, and maybe have a look down at training which will be kicking off in Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 steno

Erin Go Bragh in Dublin 15 Looking for New Football Manager

Erin Go Bragh GAA Club are looking for a suitable person to manage their Adult Junior Football team for the 2014 season initially. Interested persons should contact the Club Secretary John Kinsella @ (086) 8184054 or email secretary.eringobragh.dublin@gaa.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,831 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

hardybuck wrote: »
    You're spoiled for choice in that area. Parnells have some terrific facilities, but some people would find it hard to settle into a large club like them.

In close proximity you've got the likes of Raheny, Whitehall, St.Monica's, Naomh Barrog, O'Toole's.

It's the right time of year to do a bit of online research into the above, and maybe have a look down at training which will be kicking off in Jan.

You should remember though that if you require a transfer within Dublin you'll have to get it submitted during the transfer window, which is very short this year: 1-8 December. So research away, but make sure you're on top of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Réalt Dearg 2014 - Hurling in South Dublin

If you’re passionate about hurling…
    If the 2013 championship was one of the best things you’ve ever seen…
    If you want to be a part of a club that welcomes new members at every turn…
    If you want to be a part of a club that makes sure lads that love hurling get to play hurling…

We are…
    Réalt Dearg Hurling Club, founded in November 2009 in Terenure, has made huge progress over the last four years. In that period we have gone from barely having numbers to fill jerseys to having two teams in cup, league, Leinster league and Championship in 2013 with a possibility of introducing a third team in 2014.
    The club was founded in Terenure to cater for guys who have been out of the game for a while. Traditionally in GAA there is a large drop off after minor and lads often live to regret this but find it hard to go back.
    We are made up of lads who, for whatever reason, put the hurleys away but never lost the love of the game. We would like to give those lads a route back into the game and also in the long term to establish ourselves as a part of the community in Terenure where most of us are living. We aim to get our teams up the divisions as fast as we can but also to always enter a team in Junior F for lads who have been out of hurling a while or for those who are taking up the sport for the first time.

You can find us…
    We currently have 2 adult hurling teams.
    Our ‘A’ team exited the Junior D championship at the quarter final stage this year having qualified from the group that contained the two eventual finalists in the competition, Castleknock and St Judes. This team is currently involved in a play off , that if won would see us promoted to AHL 6 – not bad considering we started out in AHL 9 just 4 years ago. Hurling a division above should be great experience and help us to win the championship next year to keep the upward momentum going.
    More impressively our ‘B’ team went on a run to the county semi final in the Junior ‘F’ championship this year. I remember a couple of years ago we weren’t sure if we could sustain 2 adult teams, however the club has gone from strength to strength in the meantime.
    Training for the club is usually twice a week and is something to look forward to. ‘Story time’ is an integral part where tales of the previous weekend are told. Numbers often allow for full matches to be played at the end of training which ensures an enjoyable and competitive session.

Why we want you:
    We literally have the full range of hurlers in the club, from the guys who have taken up hurling for the first time, hailing from Canada, Germany, Donegal and Cavan, to the guys who have hurled minor for their counties in the past and come from traditional hurling strongholds. In fact the majority of the club are from Clare, Limerick, Tipperary, Kilkenny, Cork, and Dublin. Often the dressing room will feel like the G.A.A. equivalent of the United Nations.
    Nobody should be worried about the standard, we genuinely do cater for all abilities. I would encourage anyone even half interested to at least come down and watch a session early next Spring when we go back.
    We are more than happy for people to just train with us as a way to keep fit if they are only in Dublin short term, the more we have at training the better!

Please do contact us if you want to know more get in contact:
    www.realtdearg.ie
    realtdearg.hurlingclub@gmail.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Looking to join a team in Dublin 15 area, currently live in Castleknock, I know Castleknock would be my local team then St Bridgits are close by, however I was looking feedback on a good club to join!
    I know it can be hard moving clubs as I have already done it from Fermanagh to Down clubs.

Haven't played in 2 years due to work but looking it get going again in 2014, still registered to a club in Co Down so will need a transfer

Was playing senior football in both Fermanagh and Down but for my next club the level I play at isn't important, I just want to get back playing

Looking for a club that accepts non Dubs would be great if there was a mix of Dubs and country guys

Any suggestions are appreciated

sent you a pm

Erin Go Bragh GAA Club based in Littlepace/Ongar District of Dublin 15

We are looking for a suitable person to manage their Adult Junior Football team for the 2014 season initially. Interested persons should contact the Club Secretary John Kinsella @ (086) 8184054 or email secretary.eringobragh.dublin@gaa.ie

We are also Looking for adult players in:

Football call George 0879709795

Hurling call Karl 0872352074

Ladies Football and Camogie call Kevin 0878220612

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Gael85

St James Gaels 2014
    Club Name:St James Gaels[/B]
    Location:Iveagh Grounds,Crumlin Rd,Dublin12.Areas recruit from:Walkinstown,Drimnagh,Crumlin,Dollphins Barn,Kimmage,Harold Cross,The Liberties,Kilmainham,Bluebell
    Code (football): Gaelic Football
    Level played:Junior A(Junior A Championship/Division 6 League),Junior B(Junior D Championship/Division 10 South League),Minor,U16,U14,U12,U10,U8
    Contact details:stjamesgaels.com or axelf82@hotmail.com
    Any other info: St James Gaels will commence pre season training for next season in January and we are inviting new members(playing and non playing) to join our club.We have 2 progressing adult men football teams, a Junior A team and Junior B team. We are based southside in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Road about 15-20 minutes from city centre.http://www.stjamesgaels.com/contact 27,56a,77a,151 buses pass the pitch,17,18,121,122,123,150 buses go near the pitch as well.
    We have excellent floodlight training facilities,astro pitch training pitch and floodlite pitch.

Both Junior teams are looking to progress a step further next year,first team won Junior B championship last year and are looking to get promoted in league next year. The second team won cup this season and will also seeking to gain promotion next season.

We will be starting training in early January and train every Monday and Wednesday nights in Iveagh Grounds Crumlin Road at 7.30pm,we have a mix of players from all over the country Kerry, Laois,Cork,Mayo,Galway,Clare,Donegal ,Sligo,Down and even a couple of Austrailians.We also enjoy and organise many social events/fundraisers throughout the year(including end of season trip) so all welcome to play or even train.For more info please contact email: info@stjamesgaels.com

http://www.stjamesgaels.com/contact
    https://www.facebook.com/StJamesGaels
    http://www.stjamesgaels.com/home/club-shop

Pre -Season will commence on 6th January

Junior A contact
    aaronirl@hotmail.com
    Junior B contact
    axelf82@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Decobuzz

Anybody have info on Rosmini Gaels? When do they start training?
    I was in Fagans and saw that they've a clubhouse beside it

• Advertisement

They have a facebook page if thats any use to you https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rosmini-Gaels/146775175367044

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Brigids Castleknock

May as well add our view here too for anyone recently moved to Dublin 15 area!

St Brigids (Castleknock / Blanchardstown) are always looking for new members, young and old, football and hurling, male and female. A great 80 year tradition built on by locals and fabulous country people who have moved to Dublin over the years.

We field adults teams at all levels and boast some of the top facilities in the county including a brand new state-of-the-art gym, full sized all-weather pitch, new full sized grass pitch to be opened in Spring 2014 as well as hurling wall and 6 handball courts!

Training for adult teams begins in January so check us out on;

Facebook;

https://www.facebook.com/StBrigidsGAA?fref=ts

Twitter:

https://twitter.com/StBrigidsGAA

http://www.stbrigidsgaa.com/

Or contact us via email at:

info@stbrigidsgaa.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wanderers ballyboden

Wanderers GAA Club Ballyboben
    Location South Dublin
    Contact markthompson79@hotmail.com
    Code Football

We are a Football club based in South Dublin. We have 2 mens teams who are always looking for new players. We have a good mix of country lads and Dubs. We are starting training on Sunday the 5/1/2014 in our home ground
    Frank Kelly Park. We also have a top astro pitch rented for the preseason. If you are interested please contact me on the above email address or reply here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 St Brendans Hurlers

Club: St Brendan's
    Level: AHL 5 / Junior C

Hi all

St Brendan’s hurlers are recruiting for the 2014 season. Having won the Division 6 league in 2013 and moved to our new home in Islandbridge, we want to push on in the coming year and are keen to bring in new players.

We’re a small club – largely run by the players, for the players.The club has a rich history and at present we hurl in AHL Division 5 and Junior C Championship.

So if you’re looking to return to hurling, or indeed interested in giving it a spin for the first time, St Brendan’s is the club for you.

We’re drawn from across the country (and beyond) and while we take our hurling seriously, there’s a very lively social side to the club too.

So if you’re interested, or would like some further information PM me or drop an email to stbrendans.hurlers@gmail.com. We're back training in late January /early Feb so hope to see some of ye then!

PS we also have a vibrant football side to the club, with two men's teams and a lady's team. The first team also won their league in 2013. I'll happily pass on details of anyone looking to play a bit of big ball with the club either

• Registered Users Posts: 3 St Brendans Hurlers

Hi all

St Brendan’s of Islandbridge are looking for a hurling trainer for the the forthcoming season.

After 6 years of excellent service to the club, our present trainer has decided to take a well-earned break. We are therefore seeking a trainer to take our AHL Division 5 team in 2014.

We had a successful year in 2013, winning the Division 6 league and there’s a high degree of appetite among the players to push on in 2013.

This would therefore be an excellent opportunity to get involved with a proud club and a committed cohort of players. We have just moved to our excellent facilities at Longmeadows, near Islandbridge and the club has a vibrant momentum picking up at present.

We would equally welcome any interest from either early-stage coaches or more experienced hands.

Happy to discuss by PM or email: stbrendans.hurlers@gmail.com

Hope to her from you!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Banker

While I'm based in Cork if the renumeration package and milage was right I'd be prepared to travel.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

St. Brendans, please post the info once only in here. No need for a separate thread.

Edit: Apologies St. Brendans, in my haste I didn't realise the other post was different. I've reinstated it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 BlacknWhite86

Hi,

I am currently living in South Dublin in the Ballsbridge/Donnybrook area and I am looking to play for a junior football team this year. I travelled home every weekend last year to play down the country but due to work/study commitments I cant this year. I would still like to play a bit up in Dublin when I am able.

Any suggestions on clubs in this area? I know the Clann na Gael/Fontenoy pitches are nearby, do they have junior sides or do they accept new players?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Hi,

I am currently living in South Dublin in the Ballsbridge/Donnybrook area and I am looking to play for a junior football team this year. I travelled home every weekend last year to play down the country but due to work/study commitments I cant this year. I would still like to play a bit up in Dublin when I am able.

Any suggestions on clubs in this area? I know the Clann na Gael/Fontenoy pitches are nearby, do they have junior sides or do they accept new players?

Cheers

Every club in Dublin will accept new players. Clubs who have junior teams will always be particularly welcoming of lads to play at junior level.

Clann na Gael would be your closest probably, but you might get stuck inbetween two stools as they have a Div.3 team - a league which has senior, intermediate and junior teams in it, and then a Div.10 team which is more social football than anything else.

You should have a look at this fixtures website to get an idea of what leagues teams play in, when fixtures are likely to take place etc.
    http://www.sportsmanager.ie/t10.php?userid=3&leaguetable=1&report=1&reporttype=mixresults&compid=60643&countyid=3&club_id=&sportid=1

You probably aren't a million miles from other clubs like Ranelagh Gaels, or even Kilmacud depending on where you're living and access to transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,831 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

hardybuck wrote: »
    Every club in Dublin will accept new players. Clubs who have junior teams will always be particularly welcoming of lads to play at junior level.

Clann na Gael would be your closest probably, but you might get stuck inbetween two stools as they have a Div.3 team - a league which has senior, intermediate and junior teams in it, and then a Div.10 team which is more social football than anything else.

You should have a look at this fixtures website to get an idea of what leagues teams play in, when fixtures are likely to take place etc.
    http://www.sportsmanager.ie/t10.php?userid=3&leaguetable=1&report=1&reporttype=mixresults&compid=60643&countyid=3&club_id=&sportid=1

You probably aren't a million miles from other clubs like Ranelagh Gaels, or even Kilmacud depending on where you're living and access to transport.

I think ranelagh do some of their winter training in clan na Gael anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Forever and Always

This has nothing got to do with hurling. But, I am wondering if any of you will be able to help me out? I got tickets for one direction in croke park for this May 2014. Cusack Stand - Lower Tier Roinn 406 Row ww. Could someone tell me if the view is good and will someone please give a brief description of where about my seat is please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MKisOK

New players urgently needed for Liffey Gaels for 2014. All ages and levels of experience and fitness welcome! Great facilities available- pitch, clubhouse, hall and hurling wall. Friendly and welcoming team of players.

Club Name:
    Liffey Gaels GAA Club
    Liffey Gaels, Sarsfield Road, Dublin 10 (between Inchicore and Ballyfermot)
    Code (hurling/football/handball):
    camogie players needed
    Level played: Senior 6
    Contact details: Frances Brogan Tel No/Mob 087 6754882 Any other info:

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭newportlad

Club Name:St Joseph's OCB (O'Connell Boy's)
    Location: Fairview Park, Dublin 3 / Commons Street, IFSC, Dublin 1
    Code: Football / Hurling
    Level played: Junior - Football Division 8, Hurling Division 8
    Contact

Football: Justin (085-7851340)
    Hurling: Seamus (087-9947468)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/stjosephsocb.dublin

We commence pre season training this Thursday (16th Jan) and we are inviting new members to join our club.

Very friendly club, most of our members are from Dublin but we also have a good spread of players from other parts of the country.

Training is based in Commons Street on Astro pitch and Fairview Park from 7pm-8:15pm

• Registered Users Posts: 41 garg

Multyfarnham GAA Club
    Co Westmeath

We are a junior club who are always looking for new players both adult and juvenile. The club facilities are excellent and we are a progressive club who keep pushing year on year towards winning the Junior championship.
    Our underage always do well and each year we win at least one championship at underage level.
    There are also two one wall handball courts in our new community centre and a handball club who are also recruiting at the moment.

Check out out website or facebook page for more details.
    http://multyfarnhamgaa.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

Any Junior football or hurling clubs in Galway city / west suburbs that would take a tad unfit but determined lad in mid20s on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pearseschicago

Club Name: Padraig Pearse GAA Club
    Code: Gaelic Football
    Level played: Senior and Junior
    Contact details:

E-mail:padraig_pearse_chicago@hotmail.com
    Facebook Page
    Facebook Profile
    Twitter

Any other info:

Chicago Senior Champions 2013
    Chicago Junior B Champions 2013

Our club is based in the city of Chicago itself unlike the majority of other 'Chicago' clubs and we have members from across Ireland. Every year we cater for many J1 students visiting the city for the summer but in recent years we have seen a rise in the number of players coming on the year long J-visa. We are run by a young and dynamic group of people and we have experienced unprecedented success in recent years, a trend which we hope to see continue. So if you are planning on visiting Chicago for the summer or on a more long term basis we would be delighted to hear from you.

For more information on the club you can check out an article on the club that appeared on Hoganstand last week:
    Historic year for the Padraig Pearse GAA Club Chicago
    03 February 2014

These are exciting times for the Padraig Pearse GAA Club as they face into the forthcoming season as reigning Chicago Senior Football Champions.

Last year was a momentous one for the club, one which began with a dinner dance honouring the men and women who had founded the club just over 2 decades previously and ended with the club clinching their first ever Senior football title on the same day they also claimed the Junior B crown. This success came on the back of winning the Chicago Junior A title the year previous after a title drought of a number of years. The club is a tight knit progressive unit comprised of a diverse range people from the length and breadth Ireland as well as many American born members who work tirelessly together to advance the aims and objects of the club and of its supporters.

This year the club intends to consolidate and build on the success of the previous two years by defending their Senior title while also contesting the Junior championship. The club's recent accomplishments have been aided in no small measure by the bolstering of the clubs ranks with new members from Ireland who have availed of the new US government graduate visa. These new additions to the club's membership have contributed both on and off the pitch with many taking on administrative as well as playing roles within the club assisting established club members in driving the club forward. This influx of new recruits has resulted in the club executive committee being made up entirely of officers under the age of 40, 50% of whom are less than 30 years of age.

The club is ideally located for new Irish residents of Chicago, being one of a minority of clubs actually based in the city itself with many members living in the bustling Lakeview neighbourhood within which Wrigleyville is situated. Its location also makes Padraig Pearses an attractive option for J1 students who visit the city each summer and wish to continue to play Gaelic Football throughout their stay. Training takes place in the city beside Lake Michigan and is easily accessed via the CTA Red Line, while matches take place on weekends in Gaelic Park outside the city.

As well as being fiercely competitive on the football field the club is well known for its social activities in a city renowned for its nightlife with numerous events taking place throughout the summer not least their legendary annual softball tournament. The Pearses have a proud tradition of assisting their members, be they permanent or seasonal in securing jobs, accommodation or in networking with others in their particular field of work and actively strive to retain contact and follow the fortunes of players after they have returned home.

If you wish to join this ambitious and vibrant GAA club based in the city of Chicago or just to find out a bit more information about them you can contact the Padraig Pearse GAA Club via e-mail: padraig_pearse_chicago@homtail.com, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Padraig-Pearse-GAA-Club-Chicago/326394434528 or Twitter: www.twitter.com/PearsesChicago

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Coventry Hurling

Roger Casements is a Hurling club based in Coventry. The club was established since 1956 and is still going strong today!

We are always looking for new players. If you are interested in playing Hurling in the Coventry area please feel free to contact us. Training is on a Saturday at Warwick University.

We will be competing in the Warwickshire County Championship and the All-Britain Shield this year.

We also have a Gaelic Football Team and a very lively Social scene.

Contact details can be found on our website - www.rogercasements.co.uk, and on our facebook page - www.facebook.com/groups/5180503332/

73dtl3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Portobello ladies junior team welcome new players. We train on Mondays and Wednesdays in Rathmines. Our players come from all corners of Ireland and a few from elsewhere. We welcome all levels including beginners. PM me or find us on Facebook - Portobello GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭jimpump

Anyone know when training is for parnells in coolock? I havent played in years so i would like to try out for the junior c or whatever lower level team they have

But I read a few posts earlier that its tough joining a big team like that so any info about st.monicas etc. Would be appreciated

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Any ideas for late 20s looking for junior hurling in South Dublin (Sandyford/Stepaside area)?
    Still in pretty good condition fitness wise but haven't played any kind of competitive match since juvenile :o

Advertisement