Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

^^^

Pretty sure that's True Identity starring Lenny Henry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

^^^

Pretty sure that's True Identity starring Lenny Henry.

Bingo, cheers man

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mr November 220

I am looking for the name of a film I saw only a small part of but it looked funny. It was about a couple who go to a cabin for a holiday and they want to have sex but run into contraception problems. There were parts of the film where they demonstrated how the different contraceptives work by showing men dressed in sperm suits racing around a race track. It probably isn't very good, I just need to know the name of it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I am looking for the name of a film I saw only a small part of but it looked funny. It was about a couple who go to a cabin for a holiday and they want to have sex but run into contraception problems. There were parts of the film where they demonstrated how the different contraceptives work by showing men dressed in sperm suits racing around a race track. It probably isn't very good, I just need to know the name of it.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everything_You_Always_Wanted_to_Know_About_Sex*_(*But_Were_Afraid_to_Ask)

It's pretty decent actually. I like the sequence with the giant tit maurauding the countryside.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mr November 220

That's the one thanks. Can't believe I didn't realise it was a Woody Allen film but to be fair i was quite a bit younger when I came across it. I'll have to check it out again

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

That's the one thanks. Can't believe I didn't realise it was a Woody Allen film but to be fair i was quite a bit younger when I came across it. I'll have to check it out again

Worth it, if only for the Gene Wilder in love with a sheep scene...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

OK, I need a thriller. Some military dude gets frozen with liquid nitrogen (Not Golden Eye or Jason X). Set on an island, the FBI sends some people to investigate something or other. Possibly starring a rapper turned actor (Like Ice Cube or Ice T but not Vanilla Ice, or possibly no Ice person at all, but still a rapper). The twist at the end was the killer ended up being the guy that sent them there.

OK, I need a thriller. Some military dude gets frozen with liquid nitrogen (Not Golden Eye or Jason X). Set on an island, the FBI sends some people to investigate something or other. Possibly starring a rapper turned actor (Like Ice Cube or Ice T but not Vanilla Ice, or possibly no Ice person at all, but still a rapper). The twist at the end was the killer ended up being the guy that sent them there.

It's Mindhunters and LL Cool J you're thinking of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Thanks, dude! It was for someone else who does not have faith in the power of Boards Film dorks. We sure showed her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

This is either a Mini-series or a TV movie. Can't remember much, believe it was 80's, I don't know why but i always thought it was Christopher Eccleston that starred in the title role.

It was British, about a young man whom has some sort of mental health problems, he somehow meets another man (might be a friend) whom has just finished Medical School and is about take up his position as a junior doctor at a hospital. He kills the doctor and assumes his identity and takes up the position himself.

He causes some accident and a patient dies and he frames a nurse for it.

That's all i can remember.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 puff2345

I'm looking for a foreign film, suspense/horror, I think it was most likely in French. It was about a family (possibly a politician or some sort of public official) who start to receive videotapes of recordings of the front of their house on their doorstep. I'm sorry that is all I can remember, thank you in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭brian_t

puff2345 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a foreign film, suspense/horror, I think it was most likely in French. It was about a family (possibly a politician or some sort of public official) who start to receive videotapes of recordings of the front of their house on their doorstep. I'm sorry that is all I can remember, thank you in advance.

Caché

edit brian_t was too fast for me

Any chance it is "Caché"
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387898/synopsis?ref_=tt_stry_pl

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Right, trying to think of the name of a film, most likely a really, really famous one. Set during the holocaust, in colour. The only scene I can remember is when the Jews have all been rounded up and are waiting to be put on the train to a concentration camp. There's a young boy selling some sweets (nougat?) for a ridiculous amount of money, even though he's going to die. The main guy in the film buys some and cuts it up and shares it with his family/friends.

Had a moment eerily reminiscent of that scene today at a cycling event! I had one bar left and gave it to a guy, but his whole family of 5 arrived and he broke up the one small bar and shared it with them.

EDIT: Nevermind, it was The Pianist!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,306 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

johndoe99 wrote: »
    This is either a Mini-series or a TV movie. Can't remember much, believe it was 80's, I don't know why but i always thought it was Christopher Eccleston that starred in the title role.

It was British, about a young man whom has some sort of mental health problems, he somehow meets another man (might be a friend) whom has just finished Medical School and is about take up his position as a junior doctor at a hospital. He kills the doctor and assumes his identity and takes up the position himself.

He causes some accident and a patient dies and he frames a nurse for it.

That's all i can remember.

Thanks.

Was it Paper Mask

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Skerries wrote: »
    Was it Paper Mask

that's it, huge thanks man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Anyone know the name of this movie. Chris Kleine is in it, he fancies some girl at school and in one scene his sister kisses her on a swing - his sister has long dark hair and braces. He's pretty depressive in it?? Its been doing my head in for months, I saw it years and years ago and this is literally all I remember!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

gg2 wrote: »
    Anyone know the name of this movie. Chris Kleine is in it, he fancies some girl at school and in one scene his sister kisses her on a swing - his sister has long dark hair and braces. He's pretty depressive in it?? Its been doing my head in for months, I saw it years and years ago and this is literally all I remember!

Say It Isn't So.

gg2 wrote: »

Any chance it is election http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0126886/,
    I remember he has a sister with long dark hair and braces but cannot remember the swing scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭chucksandstorm

Election is a great movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

This is purely out of curiosity (as in, I'm not sure I ever want to see this film again).

Something I saw on TV probably in the 70s. It was a black and white horror movie and I only remember the end, which was that the heir to this aristocratic family was actually a giant toad/frog, so they kept him in the attic of their stately home/castle?

I realize that this sounds like a hallucination (maybe it was! but I was only young at the time, so no drugs involved).

Eeden wrote: »
    This is purely out of curiosity (as in, I'm not sure I ever want to see this film again).

Something I saw on TV probably in the 70s. It was a black and white horror movie and I only remember the end, which was that the heir to this aristocratic family was actually a giant toad/frog, so they kept him in the attic of their stately home/castle?

I realize that this sounds like a hallucination (maybe it was! but I was only young at the time, so no drugs involved).

How about

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

:) The Maze! That's it! It's just as odd as I remembered. I really was starting to think I had dreamt it. Thanks a mill, brian_t.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kerryman1973

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP MY FRIEND AND I! in the late 70's early 80s there was a famous bank robbery film whereby some guy robbed a bank - even though he thought he got all the money one of the bank counter officials kept some of the money for himself and the bank robber went on the pursuit of the bank official after hearing on the news that he did not get all the money?? thats all we can say i am afraid - supposed to be brilliant movie so want to see it!!! PLEASE HELP lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

The Silent Partner (1978)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kerryman1973

My word that was fast. You were spot on. You know your films!! Thanks for putting us out of our misery!!:)

Post now obselete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 JH1809

Brilliant! Right, this band are like washed up and make a comeback or something. Billy Connolly is in I think.. I thought it was called Strange Fruit but it isn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

Still Crazy (1998)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Say It Isn't So.

Nope.... Its deffo a teen movie but slightly darker.... Its so so long since I've seen it I wonder if I'm making it up!! Just IMBD'd Chris Klein's movies and nothing rings a bell... Maybe it was just someone who looks like him!

Advertisement