Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British and Irish Lions vs Melbourne Rebels, 25th June 2013, Sky Sports 10.40am

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭tbm

I'm listening on the radio and it really sounds like SOB is trying too hard and making mistakes. I'd be gutted for him if he doesn't get a test jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,766 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Was that Lydiate or OBrien? Commentators said O'Brien and have confused me!

Unfortunately it was SOB, watching it on my phone so like you was initially confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭lologram

Is Gray any better than Toner? I'm not sure he is.

I wouldn't say so, Toner may even be the better player. Remember people discussing whether Leinster should have signed Gray before the start of last season? I'm really glad they didn't after the season he's had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Is Gray any better than Toner? I'm not sure he is.

Neither up to this level

• Subscribers Posts: 41,254 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

On evidence of rugby of rugby played this season, no. Toner should dye his hair.

By the looks of grays roots, I think he does already...

Maybe this is richies crap rugby playing black haired twin??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I think Seanie has made a few errors that'll cost him. I'd also be concerned Jamie's place is under threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

"Both second rows have been outstanding..." No Paul,no they haven't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Lydiate with a good break but a big spill

Was SOB but I think he was suffering after a bang on the head in a tackle a few mins before, immediately pulled off his scrumcap and looked a bit wobbly on his feet.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,254 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I think Seanie has made a few errors that'll cost him. I'd also be concerned Jamie's place is under threat.

Not if toby plays a full eighty.

However if he goes off, and sob moves to 8, it's quite possible

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭lologram

Swan Curry wrote: »
    "Both second rows have been outstanding..." No Paul,no they haven't.

Lazy second row is out standing in the field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,766 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Buer wrote: »
    Ian Evans, Maitland, Faletau and Tuilagi probably the beneficiaries of that half.

Murray and SOB have gone well but have made some fairly prominent errors which will weigh heavily against them. SOB spilling the ball there and his penalty conceded. Murray one or two sloppy pops and kicking ball out before the hooter sounded.

Kearney has done little. Dealt with what he had to but not forcing his way into anything.

Zebo has got his hands on the ball but a few errors have possibly ended any hopes of his shot at the 23 jersey.

Would agree with Evans, Maitland and Tuilagi, while Lydiate has gone about his business well doing what he usually does. Not so sure about Faletau though.

Murray did have one or two sloppy moments at the end but I thought Barnes was well off the mark with his comment about how he wasn't playing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I'll eat my hat if Heaslip isn't one of the first names on the team sheet at the weekend.

Rebels are a pretty poor side. All that has been done tonight is that Gatland will feel more confident in his bench selections for the first test.

Lydiate has been everywhere in defence. Ridiculously so. 11 tackles already. Maitland has been very slick too in anything he has done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

That second try was better than both Cuthberts and Norths on every level.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Kayless

Jamie will keep his place, he was up there for MOTM last weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Couldnt be bothered watching sky, Aus tv commentators singing the praises of SOB, Murray & Maitland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

It will be an absolute disgrace if SOB isn't involved in one of these tests. He made one or two mistakes, but the guy has been everywhere

Toby F, Maitland, Farrell, Tualagi and Lydiate going very well too

Stuart Barnes is simply insufferable. If he thinks Murray is playing badly I'd hate to see what he thought of Phillip's performance last week

There's a real case now for Lydiate starting this weekend on a shut down mission against Genia. He has been excellent in the first half. Croft is the man on the bench too so Lydiate could well be coming off shortly.

Ian Evans has absolutely nailed down the bench spot too going on this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭cityman 18

Ya Barnes really doesn't like Conor Murray for some reason, i think he's been pretty good. SOB is trying everything but making one or two handling errors. He has been impressive as well though.

Oh and how anyone saying Richie Gray should go in for the second test is in need of a head checking. I'd actually agree that Toner is probably a better player, and I'm no fan of Toner, but Gray is useless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Lelantos wrote: »
    Couldnt be bothered watching sky, Aus tv commentators singing the praises of SOB, Murray & Maitland

Aussies really really rate SOB, a fair bit more than UK media

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

MattD wrote: »
    Maitland has been going well so far here, easily the best out of the back 3... The bastard...

Bloody Kiwis!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Tox56 wrote: »
    Aussies really really rate SOB, a fair bit more than UK media

That's because he's worth having in your 15, regardless of the few mistakes, he'll make you yards, tackle, and cause teams to go backwards all day.

Well done Murray, not a word out of Barnes...funy that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

SOB down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Some turnover from Murray

Looks like the end of SOB's tour tonight....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

How's SOB looking? Can't see, on radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

****e
    SOB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,957 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Great turnover by Murray, SOB down injured

Advertisement