Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polish and East Europeans would you do it again?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Ranicand wrote: »
    That is the trouble these days.

People will band around words like bigot and racist.

The fact is when I was a child having a child while not being married was shocking murder was rare drugs where less prevalent.

The everything goes culture has been a disaster.

*lol

I always find this highly amusing.
    Having a child out of wedlock was rarer because the mother either got a back-street abortion to escape the shame, was shipped off to relatives until the brat was out and adopted by someone else. or simply did away with herself.
    And if they were lucky enough to have this happen to them in Ireland, they could enjoy a few months or years in the laundries on top of all of this.

You consider this to be preferable to accepting children born outside of marriage and helping the mothers where possible?

Murder wasn't any rarer, it just was discovered less often than it is these days.

And drugs were less prevalent? Are you kidding me? People were boozing just as much if not worse then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

Nodin wrote: »
    Ooooo. That's different.

Would that be the magdalen laundry/christian brother boy buggering code?
    The sectarian discrimination code? The persecution of women code? the censorship code? the no divorce code? the bishops having more influence than the voters and politicians code?

I'll ask again, whats wrong with casual sex?

Please explain your remark re "jewish hollywood"

The paragraph above I agree with you 100% but people were afraid to speak out and be individuals.
    Corrupt individuals carried out these crimes not any moral code.

Casual sex creates children that never get the change to grow up in a loving relationship.

All Hollywood studios are Jewish owned and run.
    Hollywood movies are full of casual sex drug use and violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

That is the trouble these days.

People will band around words like bigot and racist.

The fact is when I was a child having a child while not being married was shocking murder was rare drugs where less prevalent.

The everything goes culture has been a disaster.

ha ha ha ha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

The paragraph above I agree with you 100% but people were afraid to speak out and be individuals.
    Corrupt individuals carries out these crimes not any moral code.

Casual sex creates children that never get the change to grow up in a loving relationship.

I hate back seat mods.

But can a mod kindly remove the likes of this tripe.

Shenshen wrote: »
    *lol

You consider this to be preferable to accepting children born outside of marriage and helping the mothers where possible?

Yes if it happens sure you help but what is wrong with trying to prevent it happening so much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Dean0088 wrote: »
    I hate back seat mods.

But can a mod kindly remove the likes of this tripe.

Why remove it when the part you have bolded is true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Corrupt individuals carries out these crimes not any moral code.
    How convenient. There seem to be a lot of corrupt and bigoted "individuals" throughout history then so.
    Casual sex creates children that never get the change to grow up in a loving relationship..

No, casual sex may result in pregnancy, which may result in a child that doesn't grow up in a "loving relationship". Hence the wonder of contraception, which your "moral code" would ban. I might add that a child has a far better chance of a good life in as society that doesn't treat its mother like some disease spreading leper - a society sans your "moral code".

Life is full of casual sex, drug use and violence, depending on who you are and what you do. Are you saying these things are in there because the people making the films are Jewish?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

I can't understand people from Eastern Europe that came to Ireland and had work in the boom, but lost employment in the recession. A lot of them have stayed on in Ireland even after being unemployed for the last 3-4 years. I've friends from longford and it seems that it's full of long term unemployed Eastern European people, that have no intention of going home. Why stay somewhere you have no chance of getting a job. It doesn't make sense.

0ph0rce0 wrote: »

It is true that is why I never back down from saying it.

Hollywood is 100% Jewish owned and run and that is a true fact.

To deny this is just ignorance.

But people will want me banned for having the bad taste to point out an uncomfortable TRUE FACT.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

To be honest I don't really believe in the Christian thing in a factual way.

What I do agree with is the moral code it brings.

What we have now is a casual sex casual drug and murders every week.

People use to think they would go to Hell if they did these things.

And casual sex, drug use and violent murders never happened before? Even in Biblical times?

I guess people just don't respect God out of fear of burning in a lake of fire like they used to anymore.

• Advertisement

Life is full of casual sex, drug use and violence, depending on who you are and what you do. Are you saying these things are in there because the people making the films are Jewish?

No they make them because that is what sells these days.

What about responsibility?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

0ph0rce0 wrote: »

Because it's got nothing to do with the thread title?

I work with lots of Polish and Lithuanians in the service industry, although they don't all necessarily enjoy their jobs very much and many have left a family behind them, the move to Ireland has still been worth it (for all the Poles that I've chatted to about it at least)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭Mech1

I can't understand people from Eastern Europe that came to Ireland and had work in the boom, but lost employment in the recession. A lot of them have stayed on in Ireland even after being unemployed for the last 3-4 years. I've friends from longford and it seems that it's full of long term unemployed Eastern European people, that have no intention of going home. Why stay somewhere you have no chance of getting a job. It doesn't make sense.

It does when your income back home per week is about 3 fiddy.

Yes if it happens sure you help but what is wrong with trying to prevent it happening so much?

Why?
    What is wrong with a couple who love each other but don't like the thought of marriage having a child and raising it together?
    How would that be so much better than the old model of forcing two people who had sex and ended up with her being pregnant to shackle themselves to each other for the rest of their lives, no matter how much they end up hating and despising each other?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Ranicand banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

But people will want me banned for having the bad taste to point out an uncomfortable TRUE FACT.
    Wtf have Hollywood or Jew or Jews AND Hollywood got to do with this thread?

Though I have noticed in the last 10/20yrs the bulk of A list actors are Jewish.

Has this always been the case or have have i just started to notice? And how is that the case in the first place?

...just to derail the thread further

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Ooh , ooh , ooh..... you're Mel Gibson aren't ya ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Back on topic now please folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

LizT wrote: »

A topic with a hazelnut in every bite.

What would it matter?
    Why would it be uncomfortable?

I don't care who owns Hollywood. As long as a certain percentage of the films they make entertains me, why would I care where there ancestors came from centuries ago?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

LizT wrote: »

Exactly. Interesting thread sidelined by natter. The baiting is almost worse than the racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭SWL

When I lived in Ireland I had a few Polish neighbours. It is a close knit community and if there were parties on, all the neighbours got invited. I grew to know these families quite well. One Polish boy was doing his leaving cert and was top of the class in Irish, he told me the second to top in Irish class was another Polish boy.

He has been in Ireland since he was 12 or 13 and speaks like a native, there is no way you could tell he was non-Irish. We had great craic over the Euro's. It was like we had two teams to support.

All the Polish people I know living in Ireland are happy to stay there as long as there is work.

I don't understand what the above has to do with the thread, all of the things you list relate to any immigrant community. I speak like native, perfect Irish accent, there is no way you could mistake me for anything other than Irish, however I am Swedish, I also speak Irish very well, learning the language for over 6 years, writing is still tough enough.

As for doing it again, probably not, the OH who is very unhappy here has been offered a new job and she wants to move on, I am in two minds. Ireland certainly has a self destruct gene which is becoming tiresome.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

Romanians and Roma are not the same thing. Nor are Roma exclusively located in Romania. Please try to be aware of some basic facts before coming out with your bile.

The poster is saying they have Roma beggars, they're not suggesting as you'd wish to think that Romanians are the beggars regardless of the fact Romania contains the largest amount of them. Put your little wicked racist pointing stick back, you ain't getting fed here today.

I here give you Nodin. Scans Boards.ie every single day, poking at posts to find any suggestion of racism, even if its not there, he will prevail, poking you further so much you will almost convince yourself that you are racist or that you have made a racist comment, and don't forget to back up your claim from one of the several statistics from one of several constantly changing sources that really don't count as tomorrow it's a different story.

Good man, you should go outside and get some fresh air, really!

SWL wrote:
    Ireland certainly has a self destruct gene which is becoming tiresome.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Interesting, in what way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Alot of papa charlie here

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭SWL

Uriel. wrote: »
    Interesting, in what way?

Whole new thread for that one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Like Mickey D, the good people of Poland have had a very positive impact on my life! Great people from a great country!

Pozdrawiam

SWL wrote: »

Whole new thread for that one
    You're probably right. It'd be interesting to hear your perception though.. Perhaps another time though

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭marialouise

Really. And the problem with Romania and Romanians is....?

.......those damn gypsies!!!!!!!!!

(I know lovely Romanians too.... but they are outnumbered by the gippos!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Dwork

Really. And the problem with Romania and Romanians is....?
    I have three Lithuanian lads working for me and I think they are great people, tough, rescourceful and not afraid of hard work. Have settled in here in Ireland no bother and would probably not consider going anywhere else. I also work with dozens of Polish and Romanian people and get on flyingly with them, they're dead sound and the Romanian people especially are damn hard workers and very switched on.
    Class acts, IMO and I really admire a few of them, very sorted people. Have they regrets about being here? None I know have, most still love their Homelands and hanker to be back on one level, but financially, Ireland makes far more sense and sure tbtg for Ryanair.:)

Advertisement