Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 Olympic Athletics Days - which one?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

robinph wrote: »
    Could they mean the CoSport ticket pick up place?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-18962860

They said it's a place on Leake Street behind Waterloo station. I don't know if that's the same place as the Cosport place.

Anyway they said if my tickets don't arrive by the 5th of July, I can pick them up. I hope they arrive in the post as I'm flying in the same day as the event itself so it could be touch and go if I had to make into the city to pick it up.

It's a bit of a farce of having to pay 50 euro for delivery and they can't get the things to you on time. It would nearly have been cheaper to fly over with Ryanair or something, pick them up and fly back.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Don't suppose anyone has a Google calendar of events with Irish involvement?
    With work I always miss out on some key events, so would like to know beforehand so I can record/stream them.

If anyone has a complete list, I'll make a Google calendar and share. Thanks.

*Edit*: Found one here. Will convert and post later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Don't suppose anyone has a Google calendar of events with Irish involvement?
    With work I always miss out on some key events, so would like to know beforehand so I can record/stream them.

If anyone has a complete list, I'll make a Google calendar and share. Thanks.

*Edit*: Found one here. Will convert and post later.

The lads over here are fairly on the ball:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056181796&page=80

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Not sure if it's possible to create a new merged calendar from these, but this page should give you a list all the people and events:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ireland_at_the_2012_Summer_Olympics

...and this is Google Calendar entries for each session:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/interactive/2012/mar/01/london-2012-olympic-games-calendar

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Google Calendar importable schedule for Irish Olympic involvement attached.
    If you want to import it, just open Google Calendar, Click on [Other Calendars] on the left hand side, then [Import Calendar]. Just browse to where you saved the file and it'll import all 167 activities.

Once imported, you can set a reminder (Google popup reminder, e-mail, or SMS) for the specific events you're interested in. Times are of course susceptible to change, and the Irish boxing matches can take place either in the morning or the evening.

• Advertisement

Still no sign of the Dutch ticket.

But I'm at home in the north and have picked up my ticket from Locog so I finally have my hands on one!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

People still queuing outside Cardiff trying to get into an empty Millennium Stadium because they dared to bring bags and empty water bottle with them. The match started 5 minutes ago. Only caught part of the news report, but seemed the stadium manager was surprised people wanted to bring bags and water with them on a sunny day where they will be sat still for several hours in a hot venue.

Hoping that they sort these things out before the proper events start at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭trihead

hey,

Is there anyone here who will be in london for the 31 july? and would like a free ticket to see weightlifting - session wl008/ 10am/. I'm not going to be over till later in week [ as with any friends going over] so don't want it going to waste.
    Pick up in co.Dublin.
    Free travel card too.
    Only take it if you will go. And please don't take it to sell on either.

trihead;)

Saw something on Twitter earlier that there are tickets for sale for a variety of events including athletics on the Locog site at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Truman Burbank

Betcha I'll win. I'll e-mail ye when I do :cool:

Just won tickets to The Athletics Friday evening session August 10th. Happy out. :):D:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

You'ld wonder why they send out an email telling people that you can bring a small bag in with an empty water bottle into each venue and then they rock up to an event with what you're allowed in.

I'm guessing there'll be teething problems for some venues but its something that will be a given that we should turn up early if possible.

Will be up early tomorrow to ride out for the cycling, I hope they are not surprised when people bring bags along for spending the whole day at the event. They were actually blaming women at one of the football stadiums for bringing shopping bags along and that they then caused a delay due to the searches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Just got an email saying I should not go to the Stratford Gate Box office to collect tickets, rather go to each individual venue the day before the event. What's the story with that? Getting to the different venues could be awkward (and costly).
    Are the queues at the Stratford Gate Box office that bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

menoscemo wrote: »
    Just got an email saying I should not go to the Stratford Gate Box office to collect tickets, rather go to each individual venue the day before the event. What's the story with that? Getting to the different venues could be awkward (and costly).
    Are the queues at the Stratford Gate Box office that bad?

I got that email too. I'm only arriving in London that day I'm going to the athletics so won't be collecting any tickets beforehand. I think as I'll be in the city all day that I'll try and get my tickets from one of the other box offices in the mall or Hyde park or somewhere before I head out to Stratford. I can't imagine they'd be as busy as they'll only be catering for specific events for the most part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

See all the empty seats this morning in the swimming? All the nosebleeds were packed while the best seats were empty. Fcuking corporate cnuts!! Nobody could get near a swimming ticket and then you just see them going to waste like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Pisco Sour wrote: »
    See all the empty seats this morning in the swimming? All the nosebleeds were packed while the best seats were empty. Fcuking corporate cnuts!! Nobody could get near a swimming ticket and then you just see them going to waste like that!

Just heard on the news there that the organisers of the games are launching an investigation into why there were empty seats in the aquadome and the tennis, events which were meant to be sold out. LOADS of empty seats at the tennis when I was watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I got that email too. I'm only arriving in London that day I'm going to the athletics so won't be collecting any tickets beforehand. I think as I'll be in the city all day that I'll try and get my tickets from one of the other box offices in the mall or Hyde park or somewhere before I head out to Stratford. I can't imagine they'd be as busy as they'll only be catering for specific events for the most part.

You can pick up your tickets at Hyde Park?
    That would suit me best tbh...

menoscemo wrote: »
    You can pick up your tickets at Hyde Park?
    That would suit me best tbh...

I dunno but it said there is a ticket office at Hyde park. It was listed as a location in that email so that would be far handier

pconn062 wrote: »
    Just heard on the news there that the organisers of the games are launching an investigation into why there were empty seats in the aquadome and the tennis, events which were meant to be sold out. LOADS of empty seats at the tennis when I was watching.

Watching the rowing heats this morning and there seemed to be loads of empty seats there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

I dunno but it said there is a ticket office at Hyde park. It was listed as a location in that email so that would be far handier

Here you go, you can get any ticket from any box office.

http://www.tickets.london2012.com/boxofficelocation.html

I got my tickets for the handball in the olympic park today at Lords Cricket Ground yesterday, as long as there is an event on there that day you're ok. Best to arrive in the middle of the event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

Hey,

So I'm currently completely ticketless, only going over on the 9th of August. If anyone has any tickets for sale please pm me! Applied for the football but got nothing, then was about to buy Mountain Biking tickets the other day, but lost them before I had paid! There are a few events with tickets left, but nothing of massive interest to us! Please get in touch with any offers!

(Sorry if there's already another thread for this kind of thing, didnt find it anyway!)

Still no ticket from the Dutch site. I've been up home for the last few days but I'm back in Dublin now and had hoped it would have been delivered either on Thursday or Friday, but feck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭padders67

Watching the rowing heats this morning and there seemed to be loads of empty seats there too.

heard someone suggest that they put the name of the corporate body on everyone of the hospitality seats in big letters so it shows when they are empty , sounds like agreat idea to me .

was at the table tennis on sunday - absolutely sensational live sport when played by the experts . very well organized at the excel centre - considering there is fencing , judo , weightlifting , boxing and TT on at the same venue it was a breeze getting in and out ,. the army lads are good craic too . I have only just joined the site but have a great games , the place is buzzing altogether - been building for the last 2 weeks

Still no sign of the ticket from the Dutch site. If it doesn't arrive by Friday I'm going to have to go pick it up, grrrrrr. As well as refunding me the delivery charge, I wonder are they going to pay for the 3 train tickets I will need to buy in order to get to their office!

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭MacGyver007

G-Money wrote: »
    As well as refunding me the delivery charge, I wonder are they going to pay for the 3 train tickets I will need to buy in order to get to their office!

Good heavens! That is unacceptable for them to be messing about like that; as authorised resellers and in the context of the ticket fiasco with fans not getting access to seats, I am sure LOCOG (and by extension, the Rio 2016 Organising Committee) would love to hear about this carry-on. Make sure you kick up a right stink over it and hang on to all your receipts. The least they should do is refund you the delivery charge and reimburse you your travel expenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Truman Burbank

G-Money wrote: »
    Still no sign of the ticket from the Dutch site. If it doesn't arrive by Friday I'm going to have to go pick it up, grrrrrr. As well as refunding me the delivery charge, I wonder are they going to pay for the 3 train tickets I will need to buy in order to get to their office!

Unnecessary carry-on, agree LOCOG might be able to help you on this. It's not your Saturday athletics ticket. What and when? Is there no CS Manager who can dispatch it to you today via FEDex and you can track it? EDIT I think it's next Wednesday's athletics??

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭MacGyver007

I see that there are long delays (more than 10 minutes) on the LOCOG site to buy tickets tonight. Very frustrating! :mad:

It's the Wednesday ticket that I'm waiting on. Apparently it's on it's way but it seems like there was some sort of a f*** up in the UK and tickets got held in Customs. Basically they've said if the ticket is not in my hand by Sunday lunch-time, to get in touch, they will void the one in the post and allow me to pick up my ticket in person. It's a bit of a pain if I have to do that as it means going into the city to collect it on the day. So I will probably need to go from the airport into the city which will take about an hour, back to my hotel, then to the stadium. My flight is due in early enough in the morning that I should have enough time, but if there's any hold-ups I will be screwed.

It's annoying as they charged €50 for delivery so I don't understand why they are sending the stuff via some sort of Royal Mail registered post when that charge would cover some sort of express courier.

To be honest, I'm resigned to the fact that the ticket is not going to arrive in time. It will have to arrive either tomorrow or Friday and with no Saturday post here (I'm from the north so that always irks me) and the fact that Monday is a bank holiday, Friday is the last chance for it to arrive.

In theory I could give it until Tuesday, but I won't be able to check if it's arrived until Tuesday night by which stage it will probably be too late to tell the Dutch crowd to print out a new one for me to pick up the next morning.

It's a shambles alright, especially considering they didn't hang about when it came to charging me back in November.

I have the Saturday ticket from Locog in my possession and that's the one I really was after.

I just mailed them asking if they can send it via a next day courier seeing the €50 delivery charge would more than cover that. Let's see what they say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Bykobap

Can i collect tickets without Visa card from ticket office ?
    I spent half a day today trying to get any Visa card in London and no joy.
    I missed some cracking tickets for athletics(£20) and tennis(£35) tonight.
    Thanks

Advertisement