Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 Olympic Athletics Days - which one?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

robinph wrote: »
    Do you have their number?

Otherwise, I'm heading over to Holland for a day next week so might go and knock on their door. :)

Yeah i got it off the contact section of the website

+31 (0)20 2011 222

There is a UK contact number too but they dont seem to deal with our orders at all. Your man i contacted was quick to pass it on to his dutch colleague :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Then the postie appeared around the corner. :D

4 Dasketball and 1 Modern Pentathlon tickets just arrived, only waiting on one more delivery now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Then the postie appeared around the corner. :D

4 Dasketball and 1 Modern Pentathlon tickets just arrived, only waiting on one more delivery now.

Cool. Did anyone have to sign for yours? I assume it came via An Post?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

G-Money wrote: »
    Cool. Did anyone have to sign for yours? I assume it came via An Post?

Well Royal Mail, but we did have to sign for them. I receive signed for post pretty much every other day for work though so that isn't an issue for us.

Nothing for me yet, they've 3 weeks left to deliver them. Hopefully it will arrive soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Anybody still waiting on tickets from the official site?
    Got my first batch abput a month ago but nothing since, not even an update e-mail....anbody in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭MacGyver007

I got the last of my orders from the official site on Monday. I have bought more since but have opted to pick them up over there rather than pay their exorbitant delivery charges (they have overcharged my by more than €60 already by bundling all the tickets into one package and charging me for each delivery).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cenilorac

Hi,

I'm new the forum & was wondering if someone could help with a query I have?

I recall seeing a thread in the ART forum earlier in the week, posted by someone who wanted to sell on Olympic tickets (can't see the thread now - perhaps it as been moved else where....or I'm blind :-/ )

I have three spare tickets for the evening session on the 3rd of August (Women's 10k final on this nyt amongst other events), I am planning to put them back on the official site for resale.
    But, before I do this, I just wanted to put a posting here first, in case anyone would be interested?

I'll post events & costs in this thread later, if that would be allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

<mod hat on>

No, we are not allowing Olympics tickets to be sold on the forum.
    1. We know that LOCOG don't allow third-party sales, and are clamping down on it across the internet.
    2. It is possible for someone to buy tickets from LOCOG, get the physical paper tickets, and then go back into their LOCOG account and resell their tickets officially. If someone does that, they will be left with a set of paper tickets that are indistinguishable from real tickets but won't get you in to the stadium. Buying tickets from unofficial resellers online or in person is very risky.

So, if you want to offer tickets to people you already know, or buy tickets from friends, that's fine. But do it through PMs rather than the forum, because we'll be closing ticket sale threads.
    </mod>

Mailed the Dutch site. They said the tickets are currently in the UK and should arrive with me in the next few days.

• Advertisement

It really wasn't worth €50 worth of shipping costs from the Dutch site...still waiting on one more delivery from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Rocko

Has anyone bought any tickets on the Official Olympics Resale website lately?

I've been trying for a cheap priced Athletics ticket but have had no luck so far....

I did a search through what was on offer yesterday and they were mostly just the A and AA category ones. So £450 upwards was all they had.

Rocko wrote: »
    Has anyone bought any tickets on the Official Olympics Resale website lately?

I've been trying for a cheap priced Athletics ticket but have had no luck so far....

Morning sessions were coming up periodically about 2 weeks ago but its dried up since.
    It really wasn't worth €50 worth of shipping costs from the Dutch site...still waiting on one more delivery from them.

No, but what were you expecting? we knew at the time we were being fleeced.

Yeah waiting on 2 athletics tickets from them. They rang me yesterday asking did i want them sent out or pick them up from the Heineken House in Ally Pally. Chose the sending out option, get my moneys worth ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭MacGyver007

There were loads of tickets uploaded for almost all sports (except sports like shooting, oddly enough!) around lunchtime yesterday. Most nights' athletics were available for all categories and as you can imagine they sold very quickly. Keep checking the website; tickets can be uploaded at any time and I'd say there will be another major cleardown of their resale system before and/or during the Games.

Aye €50 is a rip-off for delivery, but we agreed to it so I suppose we can't complain now...

Well actually we can. It would nearly have been cheaper to fly to Holland to pick up the ticket! You'd have thought with that amount of money it would have been some super duper speedy delivery, with a butler showing up and lifting the lid off a silver platter with our tickets sitting there dazzlingly us with their beauty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Truman Burbank

RayCun wrote: »
    <mod hat on>

No, we are not allowing Olympics tickets to be sold on the forum.
    1. We know that LOCOG don't allow third-party sales, and are clamping down on it across the internet.
    2. It is possible for someone to buy tickets from LOCOG, get the physical paper tickets, and then go back into their LOCOG account and resell their tickets officially. If someone does that, they will be left with a set of paper tickets that are indistinguishable from real tickets but won't get you in to the stadium. Buying tickets from unofficial resellers online or in person is very risky.

So, if you want to offer tickets to people you already know, or buy tickets from friends, that's fine. But do it through PMs rather than the forum, because we'll be closing ticket sale threads.
    </mod>

Just to add, in order to get reimbursed from LOCOG, in the ticket resale, buyers must return their original paper tickets and any travel passes.

Waiting for the postman in the hope he delivers my ticket from the Dutch site...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Just the Athletics evening session on August 7.

M High Jump Final
    W Long Jump Qualification
    W 100m Hurdles Semi & Final (Derval hopefully)
    M Discus Final
    M 800m Semi
    W 200m Semi
    M 1500m Final
    chinguetti wrote: »
    Me too. We should make it a Boards night out:D

Got a ticket for this today, absolutely delighted. Have been on the website on and off for the last couple of weeks, trying to get one.

Still no ticket.

Got an email from the Dutch site saying to email them if my ticket doesn't arrive by tomorrow. I suspect they will be getting a mail from me tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Got a ticket for this today, absolutely delighted. Have been on the website on and off for the last couple of weeks, trying to get one.

Just realised, if O'Lionard gets to his final, we'll be there for that too. :D
    Though he does have a heat & semi to get past first.

Am I the only one with a delivery address in the republic of ireland who is still waiting for tickets from the Dutch site? It seems the people on here who've already got tickets from them are all based in the UK.

Postman has been around, still no ticket. Mail sent to the Dutch people, again!

I just checked with An Post, if I wanted to send a 1kg package to the netherlands via express courier, it would cost 48 euro. No reason why they aren't sending this stuff the same way then rather than standard mail which seems to be the case based on the UK stories.

I have got all of mine now. They were only delivered by the regular postman, but recorded delivery. But it still only costs a couple of quid for posting recorded through Europe.

Just noticed that the tickets I got from the UK site have my name printed across the middle of the tickets, so I had a look to see what was on the other ones I got elsewhere. The Dutch ones sensibly say "Netherlands NOC", but the ones I got through the French site one says "Australia NOC" and the other says "Brazil NOC". :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

My Czech athletics tickets came in no time. Very very efficient service. It almost makes the outrageous delivery fee about a quarter worth it!

I have Cat C ticket for the Wednesday evening session. Its half way down the back straight. A little annoying to be so far away from the finish line but the view of the finish line should be pretty decent for the men's hurdles and the women's 200m. I'm also right over near the womens Long Jump final, so could be worse I guess.

Just noticed that the tickets I got from the UK site have my name printed across the middle of the tickets, so I had a look to see what was on the other ones I got elsewhere. The Dutch ones sensibly say "Netherlands NOC", but the ones I got through the French site one says "Australia NOC" and the other says "Brazil NOC". :confused:

Countries not taking up their allocation i bet and passing them on to countries they know will. Surprised Locog let it happen but its all within the olympic family i guess.

Still no ticket from the Dutch site.

They replied to me saying the ticket is on it's way but if it doesn't arrive by a certain date, they will print out a new copy that I can pick up in central London.

G-Money wrote: »
    Still no ticket from the Dutch site.

They replied to me saying the ticket is on it's way but if it doesn't arrive by a certain date, they will print out a new copy that I can pick up in central London.

Heineken house in Alexander Palace? Thats 7 mls out from town btw.

Heineken house in Alexander Palace? Thats 7 mls out from town btw.

Na, some place near Waterloo station.

• Advertisement

Could they mean the CoSport ticket pick up place?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-18962860

Advertisement