Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down *READ* Mod post #291

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

cymbaline wrote: »
    Yes. I was initially prepared to stick it out when it was apparently only for a few days. Now that that date for them fixing everything is extending further into time, I've changed my mind. I'm almost certainly going to leave.

I'm of similar opinion, but may not have a choice anyway. They will lose so many customers I'm not sure if they can survive. I am paid monthly and have savings, so in theory I can wait and wait. Anyone who is on weekly wages will have to set up a new account somewhere this week to get their wages in and they are very likely to simply continue using it. Whichever bank offers the quickest setup can benefit big time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭themiso

After reading http://cantankerous.co.uk/ im little bit confused. Its not even when I gonna see my money, its about if I ever ..

And if I do I lost my confidence in Ulster Bank, that is the worst relationship bank can have with its customer (me).

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Shao wrote: »
    This is the first time I have seen Rte mention this.
    Wonder if it's a sign of what's to come , UB closing ?

It's the main reason I had a preference for them, as they have guarantees from the UK Government. At the moment, I expect a run on deposits, and a closure.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭qrrgprgua

cymbaline wrote: »
    Yes. I was initially prepared to stick it out when it was apparently only for a few days. Now that that date for them fixing everything is extending further into time, I've changed my mind. I'm almost certainly going to leave.

Yes seems we need to move. Lets fact it they have not definitive restore date... Are we suppose to continue to trust them?

+ they priority is the UK not Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭millymoo

Ye don't honestly think we should be emptying savings accounts do ya? Oh jaysus.

My valance has gone down €35 this evening, must be debit transactions r stg.
    I find it hilarious that they debit me €35 and don't put iny flippin eft!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sparkzter

How can they resolve 99% of ppl's accounts (If we can believe RBS's guff) in the UK within 3 days but cant resolve 1% of ppl's UB accounts within 10 days? Is the technology different within the two banks' appliances?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Standing order from last week just showed on my account which was €100 but my balance only dropped around €30. It was dated the 22nd June but wasn't there this morning on my statement :confused:

Reading previous comments it appears people's account are starting to show changes. I haven't used my account since the 25th june which is on my account(€70 ATM) other than €300 in the branch(I.O.U)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

WTF. Exactly €23 was credited to my account which I was not due. Bringing my balance up to a glorious €30. Anyone experience any weird activity on their account?

EDIT: Poster above me has strange activity too. This will get interesting.

WTF. Exactly €23 was credited to my account which I was not due. Bringing my balance up to a glorious €30. Anyone experience any weird activity on their account?

Yes appears something is starting to happen. Shame it can't be lodgements instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Caseywhale

Shao wrote: »
    This is the first time I have seen Rte mention this.
    Wonder if it's a sign of what's to come , UB closing ?

Lets not get carried away now.

Its a problem. A bad problem that may cost them a lot of customers - probably the same ones they got off AIB lately plus a few. They might be able to keep a few, since there is no possible way they can charge people for their current accounts now. That would be a huge slap in the face after this debacle.

Ulsterbank had a big win a couple of months ago, sweeping up the AIB leavers. Now they will be giving that back up.
    But i doubt they will be closing down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Yes appears something is starting to happen. Shame it can't be lodgements instead.

But its activity that is incorrect.
    I'm due in:
    6 weeks wages - €1890
    Due out:
    Meteor bill - €15

But there is a credit of €23 on my account I don't have a clue why!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭themiso

My weekly pay from last week is 650,

my current account balance was 200 euro yesterday morning, went to buy something (30 euro) and my balance in the evening was 330. Today in the morning it was 130 and now its 250.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

My account has been credited €2.36 for no apparent reason. The only credit missing is my wages, so no idea why that's happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I had 20 euro disappear from my account this evening but half an hour later €8 of it appeared back. At least it's some sort of movement finally!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Caseywhale

My account has been credited €2.36 for no apparent reason. The only credit missing is my wages, so no idea why that's happened.

Maybe whoever is typing them in has got the customers all mixed up and you are getting some other random persons transactions. Hope mine gets mixed up with Bertie Ahernes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,831 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Was just credited about €8. Went from €23 something to €31.25.

My wages would be pretty nice around now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

I just checked my online banking there...theres an extra €49 added to my account...not sure where that came from? I am only due €180 that is being held for pre authorization on a failed purchase on my visa debit, and €300 from paypal....no idea where the €49 came from

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭MadMickeyMonk

Just checked mine too..... I got 25.56 back...... funny thing is i know i made a laser card purchase of 5.56 2 weeks ago.... and i know for a fact it was 5.56 so is the misc money appearing refunded cared purchaces? Cant check my past transactions but could earlier but can go check the date i made the 5.56 purchase...got the reciept somewhere

The only thing I used my card for recently was to pay off Littlewoods..I sent them €50 last weekend and it went through fine. Wondering if thats where the €49 came from.. strange though as the payment definitely got to them

edit: Actually just realised I was refunded 50, not €49 like I thought...so it could very well be the card payment refunded (for what reason i do not know!)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jcupcake

People getting random dominations of money refunded to account, I actually got 5 euro something back for no apparent reason and thought it was odd can't think of where the fiver came from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

jcupcake wrote: »
    People getting random dominations of money refunded to account, I actually got 5 euro something back for no apparent reason and thought it was odd can't think of where the fiver came from.

Sounds to me like they are now f@cking up the actual postings. Up till now I would have thought that everything was delayed but that the integrity of the data was right. If they are now confusing transactions, it's a very serious development indeed

Just checked mine too..... I got 25.56 back...... funny thing is i know i made a laser card purchase of 5.56 2 weeks ago.... and i know for a fact it was 5.56 so is the misc money appearing refunded cared purchaces? Cant check my past transactions but could earlier but can go check the date i made the 5.56 purchase...got the reciept somewhere

Ok I found the 5.56 and it was a card purchase on the along with a 20 euro purchace all on the 23rd June. Funny though how its Barcleys and AIB that process the payment for the company i made the purchases from. Thats explaining my 25.56

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mimsy

dee. wrote: »
    The only thing I used my card for recently was to pay off Littlewoods..I sent them €50 last weekend and it went through fine. Wondering if thats where the €49 came from.. strange though as the payment definitely got to them

edit: Actually just realised I was refunded 50, not €49 like I thought...so it could very well be the card payment refunded (for what reason i do not know!)

They are possible rerunning batch files?
    Some of these transactions may already have processed but they rerun in an attempt to capture all transactions.
    It might come back off again later.

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Sounds to me like they are now f@cking up the actual postings. Up till now I would have thought that everything was delayed but that the integrity of the data was right. If they are now confusing transactions, it's a very serious development indeed

I can break it down

940e in my account on wed
    Checked every night since
    25e came out from a purchase in store

915 left

Checked on friday 920e
    Printed out mini statement the 25e did indeed come off was my last transaction

But no-where I can see where that 5e came from really

Ok I found the 5.56 and it was a card purchase on the along with a 20 euro purchace all on the 23rd June. Funny though how its Barcleys and AIB that process the payment for the company i made the purchases from. Thats explaining my 25.56

Does this mean the refunded money was not accepted?

Because I just checked my littlewoods account and it says 23/06/2012 - Payment Received 50.00 - Thank You

So i'm confused why they would have refunded me!

edit: just seen mimsys post, that makes sense :) Don't care what happens I just want my balance to be what it should ASAP!

dee. wrote: »
    Does this mean the refunded money was not accepted?

Because I just checked my littlewoods account and it says 23/06/2012 - Payment Received 50.00 - Thank You

So i'm confused why they would have refunded me!

edit: just seen mimsys post, that makes sense :) Don't care what happens I just want my balance to be what it should ASAP!

What i purchased was actually a bet i placed online on the football... the first was a 20 euro bet and the 5.56 purchase was a cover bet so what seems to have happened to me is that i made 2 purchases on the 23rd which were debited from my account and paid for because i can log into the site i made the card purchase from and its showing there as paid so i dunno what their at. No other withdrawls or purchases on that day so make of it what you will

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Domhnall66

Caseywhale wrote: »
    Maybe whoever is typing them in has got the customers all mixed up and you are getting some other random persons transactions. Hope mine gets mixed up with Bertie Ahernes :D

Er...wasn't De Bertie famous for not having any bank accounts?

Domhnall66 wrote: »
    Er...wasn't De Bertie famous for not having any bank accounts?

Seems like Bertie was the clever one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rockyc

What would happen to mortgages if the bank was to close?

• Advertisement

Rockyc wrote: »
    What would happen to mortgages if the bank was to close?

You might "close" the bank but it would be called "run off" business where they keep the business open to collect and sell off the balance sheet.

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN AS THE BANK WON'T CLOSE

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement