Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Energy Food and Drink Pack

Would this be good value to get? I need to order some gels and drinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

dvntie wrote: »
    Vermarc are flogging 2011 quickstep ag2r omega pharma lotto gear some good deals and more available if you give them a shout or email
    http://www.vermarcuk.co.uk/special-offers.html

I bought a pair of the AG2R shorts that are available in the special offer section. Does anyone know if they are good qualityand if they are comfortable?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭fat bloke

reilig wrote: »
    I bought a pair of the AG2R shorts that are available in the special offer section. Does anyone know if they are good qualityand if they are comfortable?

Be interested to hear what they're like too. Anyone know what sizing is like. Are these pro rider/8 year old boy physique sizes or more mamil'y? :)

Yes (thank you experts in the bleeding obvious) I know there are sizing charts. I also know how they can often matter not one whit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

reilig wrote: »
    dvntie wrote: »
    Vermarc are flogging 2011 quickstep ag2r omega pharma lotto gear some good deals and more available if you give them a shout or email
    http://www.vermarcuk.co.uk/special-offers.html
    fat bloke wrote: »
    Be interested to hear what they're like too. Anyone know what sizing is like. Are these pro rider/8 year old boy physique sizes or more mamil'y? :)

Yes (thank you experts in the bleeding obvious) I know there are sizing charts. I also know how they can often matter not one whit.

I ordered the Omega Pharma Lotto jersey and bib shorts on Sunday. Both sized medium. I received an email today informing me that they only had the Quick-Step and LBK jerseys left in medium and had run out of all of the advertised medium sized bib shorts. I was offered plain black Vermarc shorts as an alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Lemag wrote: »
    I ordered the Omega Pharma Lotto jersey and bib shorts on Sunday. Both sized medium. I received an email today informing me that they only had the Quick-Step and LBK jerseys left in medium and had run out of all of the advertised medium sized bib shorts. I was offered plain black Vermarc shorts as an alternative.

Boo. I really like the AG2R stuff. Pretty sure the wife has a thing for Nico too, so I thought it might give me an edge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Pretty sure the wife has a thing for Nico too, so I thought it might give me an edge.

I'd say they make for fairly uncomfortable pyjamas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Boo. I really like the AG2R stuff. Pretty sure the wife has a thing for Nico too, so I thought it might give me an edge.
    I phrased that rather badly. The availability may be better in other sizes. I was told that for the medium sized products only the Quick Step and LKB jerseys were still available but all other medium sized jerseys and bib shorts were not.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bechermann

Yeah they have no mediums! I had ordered a medium AG2R jersey and got an email today saying they had none left and offered Quick Step and LBK as alternatives :( ...mailed them back and waiting to see if they have any AG2R's left in other sizes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Less then 1000 Euro for a Carbon Giant with Ultegra, 2009 models but great prices........

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Brands.aspx?BrandID=956

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭El.duderino

Less then 1000 Euro for a Carbon Giant with Ultegra, 2009 models but great prices........

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Brands.aspx?BrandID=956

Beware these frames have morphed into the original Alliance 2007 model overnight. The Ultegra is gone(except on compact). It is all old 105, seatpost,bars,saddle,brakes,tyres have all been changed for cheaper parts. Not a bargain. 105 bike was £1050 in 2007

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Beware these frames have morphed into the original Alliance 2007 model overnight. The Ultegra is gone(except on compact). It is all old 105, seatpost,bars,saddle,brakes,tyres have all been changed for cheaper parts. Not a bargain. 105 bike was £1050 in 2007

Ya see the spec is now fully online to review (wasn't last night) and the frames are not all carbon, a carbon / alu mix frame. Also the only Ultegra part being the chainset, although isn't the chainset below spec on most bikes, i.e. derauileurs Ultegra with 105 chainset. Probably built these as a clear out of the factory of all parts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭C3PO

Surely still a better buy than most of the BTW bikes available locally from the shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

this caad 10 with dura ace seems like a steal to me tbh, only 2100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Any one know what the sizing is like on those vermarc bibshorts, is their sizing chart accurate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Any one know what the sizing is like on those vermarc bibshorts, is their sizing chart accurate?

Got mine in the post yesterday. Lovely quality. Sizing on their sizing chart is pretty accurate!!

Edit: took them for a test ride last night and discovered a whole new level of comfort. The thinnest chamois of any shorts i have yet the most comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Wiggle doing a pretty big clearance sale at the moment;
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?utm_campaign=speed

Got SuperRoubaix winter tights for €65. That's my winter wardrobe sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I've been looking for small road bikes recently.

Unfortunately this one isn't small enough, but it's a damn good deal so I'm sticking it up here.

SCOTT CR1 TEAM 20-SP (105)
    http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m7b0s6p3190
    XS 49cm - In Stock

Shipping is £70

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

seamus wrote: »
    Wiggle doing a pretty big clearance sale at the moment;
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?utm_campaign=speed

Got SuperRoubaix winter tights for €65. That's my winter wardrobe sorted :)

I got these on the basis of all things DHB being great value. I'm an awkward size so it takes a bit of fettleing to get comfortable in them, not their fault, but unfortunately after only maybe 10 wears the backside has worn badly enough so that the pad pattern (like polka dots) can be clearly seen at the outside. I need a pair of bib shorts quick smart and the DHB seem like the best value, but this put me off a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

RE Vermarc

Ordered the large lotto and just got a call to say they're out, in case anyone is looking to buy them. Thing the AGR are the only ones left in Large.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

For anybody who has recently purchased a bike, the Wednesday Cycle SuperStore deal has a pack which includes track pump, mini pump, tyre levers, puncture repair kit, multi-tool and a saddle back for € 49.95 + €7.99 P&P.

I'm not sure of the quality of the different products but at least you have a bricks and mortar shop to go back to if anything goes wrong.
    You could probably get everything individually via CRC/Wiggle/Aldi/Lidl and it might work out cheaper but if you want it all done in one transaction then this might a deal worth considering :)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Lashed

RE Vermarc

Ordered the large lotto and just got a call to say they're out, in case anyone is looking to buy them. Thing the AGR are the only ones left in Large.

I ordered the large lotto but recieved a large QuikStep jersey instead. Would have preferred the lotto jersey but couldn't be bothered chasing it up as I know they won't have it in stock.

As an aside, its a very nice quality and a nice fit.

It was bib shorts I ordered sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

1206558157512375962DynV_Warning_sign.svg.thumb.png
    ATTENTION!

Lidl are selling bike stands for €34.99 from Monday 2nd July.
    I got one of these last year, and it's a great bargain. So so cheap compared to bike stands available in LBS or on CRC/Wiggle etc.

Some specs:
    Centre post with variable height adjustment for working heights from 107-188cm; quick release fastening clamp; bicycle bracket swivels 360°; clamp fits all standard frame diameters from 25-40mm; extendable arm secures the handlebar for front wheel repairs; tool tray with built in magnetic compartment; 4 legs for sturdy support can also be screwed into the floor; quick release for easy set-up –folds away after use for easy storage; with assembly instructions and hex key for assembly; size (assembled): 198 x 104cm.

IE_73012wk27_01_b.jpg

These usually sell out very fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Will Lidl have their full range of cycling gear on sale do you know, or is it just the bike stand?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just checked the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

+1 on the stand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Junior

I've been getting Vermac gear with a few years and I can't emphasis enough how good quality the jerseys shorts and even the stuff like knee warmers, roubaix tights are .. some of the shorts have outlasted nalini shorts that only got half the wearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Tour sale in CRC
    Up to 30% off selected items.
    Also the Sean Kelly Edition Vitus frame is now half price.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Offers.aspx?Offer=2

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Don't suppose anyone has a CRC code? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

Got Shimano 105 10 speed 11-28 cassette yesterday for €43.35 icluding shipping.Great value compared to other sites.
    http://www.roseversand.com/article/shimano-105-cs-5700-cassette-10-speed/aid:443959

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement