Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭irishchris

banie01 wrote: »
    Thanks for the Info Chris!(And nice to see ya back here! ;) )
    I know the newer images are moving to the new bootloader in their latest Rev's but
    just as an aside, can one update the bootloader and revert to a VIX 2.2 image?
    Is there a compatability list for images with the new loader?

Yes sorry mate - had been crazy busy with work lately but back in full action now here again after beta testing for months this new vix, it was decided this time to spend longer in beta stage and iron out all bugs that we could find so it is now the most stable vix yet.
    also bootloader for vu+ increases ability to install larger images only and there is no issue at all with installing older images with this nootloader and vu+.
    {xtrend is a different story though ; so for those with one be aware that once new bootloader flashed on xtrend/et you can not go back to older images but can use all new images going forward}

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

In use a day now and it is a fine image.
    New 'night' skin looks great, seems lighter etc though I'll give it a while for burn-in.

Still having freezing issues with my DVB-T stick (AF9015 chipset), offciial driver in plugns still doesn't work so using italydtt.

I can watchDTT no problem (used to freeze randomly before) but trying to record causes freeze-up and requires reboot by power switch.
    Have tried it with PTS on/off, on hdd/usb.
    Picons and swap are on usb.

I think maybe when I have the funds it's time for another DTT stick - I'd love a definitive recomendation for what works without freezing this box for Irish DTT. (cheap as if possible)
    My non-pay tv life will be complete then ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I have loaded the new 2.3 image on my Duo. I have a problem that when I go to the menu the items are partially off screen so I can't see the colur buttons to press. I set up through the wizard and screen is set to 16:9 letterbox. I reflashed the Duo but it is still the same.
    Can anyone help please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stanley1

menu > setup > system > osd

settings will allow you to adjust height, width etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭m1nder

Before I upgrade, just wondering if they fixed the programmed zap issues?

If you programme a zap event, the zap is not recorded or part of the channel history. So the box zaps but is not aware of what channel its on. Behind the scenes it thinks it's still on the previous channel. (causes all sorts of problems)

This is an even more serious issue if a programmed zap occurs while watching a recording. The zap occurs but the box still thinks you are watching as recording in terms of interface etc and you loose your place in the recording.

This has been an issue with VIX from day 1. Reading through the new features, I dont see it mentioned. I'm wondering is this an issue with Enigma that VIX team have no control over? Its a huge bug, probably the biggest bug in VIX IMO. I wish it was tackled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Phazedup

ok I'm probably being a total n00b here but I flashed the new Vix 2.3 image to my vu+ duo last night, and essentially lost everything, it refuses to read the epg backup I took and show no softcams. When i try and run common interface assignment the whole thing crashes out and restarts.

feel pree to reply in pm (or if you're going to flame me, even justifiably please confine yourselves to pm so as not to annoy others in the thread) I need to be able to install softcams so I can decode the signal and get back to functioning tv once more. I know I could just revert to a previously functioning blackhole image but what I *Want* to do is understand how to fix this so I have a skill base to build upon next time I upgrade, pointers to howtos, pm's with step by stpe guides would be useful, I will happily feed back my 2.3 experinces to the community and share any tips or tricks I learn, I'll even produce a handy idiots guide (Wtih screenshots etc) of what to do if one doesn't exist, I am grateful for any help I recive with this and if you'd rather not post it here, pm me and I'll cheerfully ring you (at my own expense) for a walkthrough.

Thanking you kindly in advance
    Phaze
    on the "at least it has retained the prgorammes I had recorded but not watched yet, thank the gods for that " ID

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Phazedup wrote: »
    ok I'm probably being a total n00b here but I flashed the new Vix 2.3 image to my vu+ duo last night, and essentially lost everything, it refuses to read the epg backup I took and show no softcams. When i try and run common interface assignment the whole thing crashes out and restarts.

1st off when you installed VIX 2.3 did you restore settings?
    This is known to cause issues as the new build of VIX uses some different addresses in the file structure.
    Setting up the EPG on VIX is thankfully a quick and painless task, just go menu>setups>system>EPG and configure it from there, should only take a few minutes to have it back up and running smooth.
    With regards to your softcam, VIX no longer support download of softcams via their feeds.
    So you will need to download the .ipk file of the cam you use, then ftp it into the .tmp folder of your box and use the install local extension option in vix menu(can also be installed by telnet but the method here is easiest).

Stanley has given you the best startpoint for all things VIX, be sure to check out these threads over there.
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?7376-CCcam-amp-Sly-Setup-on-VIX-2-0-by-dymebox and here is the main Vu+ discussion forum http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?11-oscam-on-vix plenty of help and step by steps there ;)

Has anyone else's oscam stopped working after upgrading to VIX 2.3?

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

m1nder wrote: »
    Has anyone else's oscam stopped working after upgrading to VIX 2.3?

I had to reinstall the .ipk, and recreate the config files, but once I did that, it was fine.

BTW, I have only installed it a day or so, but it seems to be an amazing version (I don't seem to remember being to be able to control the vu+ through the TV remote)

• Advertisement

I noticed that the last time I upgraded VIX, the dam card/oscam stopped working also. It now occurs to me that the very act of upgrading the image can cause the card to die.

The card is in the VU+, receiving the keep alive signal from Sky. Then you do an upgrade, rescan, reinstate plugins, reinstall oscam etc. The card can be sitting there for over an hour outside of a running cam.

I have put the card back into an old sky box and will leave it on 5USA or some channel overnight. It might be an idea, in future to take out the card prior to upgrading and replace it only when upgrade completes and you have oscam back up and running.

Now the above is just a thought. I have no tech evidence to back it up but its too much of a coincidence to think that the card dies everytime I do an upgrade to VIX.

BTW: My config files are good. They keep the card alive etc

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Phazedup

thank you kind people you have given me a point to start from, i have maanged to isntall (And using a random CCcam config file start) a softcam, will see how it goes, I shall fiddle with it for this evening and if I cannot get it to display my decoded channnels I shall plug the old hd box in to re liven the card, fialing that I might just revert to a functional blackhoe image which had the box working fine.
    Phaze
    on the "not giving up as such but I'm in somerset this weekend so don't have a day off to play with it properly" ID

kierank01 wrote: »
    BTW, I have only installed it a day or so, but it seems to be an amazing version (I don't seem to remember being to be able to control the vu+ through the TV remote)

this is now supported in vix 2.3 using the hdmi cec standard. working with selected tv models. works a dream with my samsung and sony tvs.

Folks

Just installed VIX2.3 and it's great. Can anyone tell me, do I need an updated satellites.xml for new Astra 1N?

If so, do I just d/l from satellites-xml.eu, copy to etc/tuxbon and rescan?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

irishchris wrote: »
    this is now supported in vix 2.3 using the hdmi cec standard. working with selected tv models. works a dream with my samsung and sony tvs.

Chris what do you mean control from the TV remote. I have sony Bravia. Is this a new feature. If yes let me know what to do..

DTT on VIX.

All just wondering how others get on. My DTT Tuner (Sundtek) still fails every now and again even on the VIX 2.3.

The first thing I notice is in recordings an RTE 1 program is recording (red dot) but there is no time showing even though the program is on 20 mins.

It seems to happen most on the busy nights when there are lots of recordings as most things are on at 9 pm so all tuners are going.

When the DTT fails all the DTT channels are black and a reboot is required.
    Also changing channels in the DTT tuner when they are black takes 20-30 secs but its fine when you switch back to SAT.

This crap really takes away from a great box/image. Pity.....

Are others still having issues with DTT....

no problems with playtv dual tuner, it uses nova-t drivers from vix feeds.

Folks

Just installed VIX2.3 and it's great. Can anyone tell me, do I need an updated satellites.xml for new Astra 1N?

If so, do I just d/l from satellites-xml.eu, copy to etc/tuxbon and rescan?

Are you using the default VIX satellites.xml that is included in 2.3?
    In which case its upto date as of 20/11/2011.
    Meaning any TP changes after that date will need to be either manually scanned in via search or you will need to update the .xml and rescan fully.

Or are you using a sats.xml from an old settings list?
    If you are when is the last time you updated this sats.xml?
    If it was prior to the 24th October, then yes you will need to update your file(Thats when the TPs on 1N started going active, there have been many changes since and continue to be with services in test and moving over)
    And yes you will need to copy the new file to var/tuxbox

Just as an aside, its good practise to update your .xml on a regular(I do mine monthly, immediate if there are big changes)basis. keep an eye on the Kingofsat newsfeeds for the sats you use to keep upto date and ascertain your update schedule ;)
    Or you could download the tunisia sats panel plugin and use the .xml updater there to keep on top of your .xml.
    A word of warning if you use a multilnb setup with merged positions though, that plugin will overwrite your merged file.

Folks, sorry for being slightly OTT, but yesterday when I upgraded VIX, my Sky FTV card stopped working. (I use oscam to decode it). Coincidence? I dunno but the same thing happened me last time I upgraded VIX also. Back then, I put the card back into my old Sky box and set it to 5 USA for 24 hours or so. This time, that trick does not seem to be working.

1. Can anyone tell me, how to I re-liven my sky FTV card?
    2. Why id this seemingly happening to me when I upgrade VIX

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Folks, sorry for being slightly OTT, but yesterday when I upgraded VIX, my Sky FTV card stopped working. (I use oscam to decode it). Coincidence? I dunno but the same thing happened me last time I upgraded VIX also. Back then, I put the card back into my old Sky box and set it to 5 USA for 24 hours or so. This time, that trick does not seem to be working.

1. Can anyone tell me, how to I re-liven my sky FTV card?
    2. Why id this seemingly happening to me when I upgrade VIX

Did you reinstall Oscam after you flashed the new VIX image?. Softcams need to be reinstalled after new image flashes.

• Advertisement

givecredit wrote: »
    Did you reinstall Oscam after you flashed the new VIX image?. Softcams need to be reinstalled after new image flashes.

please ! :)

I am using the new 2.3 Vix image and am having bouquet problems. They used be stored in /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/ but that directory does not exist now. Where should I put them to ensure that they are read? Is there a new default directory?

Thanks.

joolsveer wrote: »
    I am using the new 2.3 Vix image and am having bouquet problems. They used be stored in /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/ but that directory does not exist now. Where should I put them to ensure that they are read? Is there a new default directory?

Thanks.

I've always accessed and edited my bouquets via /etc/enigma2 and it still works fine that way for me.

banie01 wrote: »
    I've always accessed and edited my bouquets via /etc/enigma2 and it still works fine that way for me.

Thanks. I will give that a try now.

dfdream wrote: »
    Chris what do you mean control from the TV remote. I have sony Bravia. Is this a new feature. If yes let me know what to do..

yes is new feature which allows you to use the tv remote to control the vu+ also. works perfectly with my samsung and sony bravia. shows up as a tuner when i select source on my sony bravia remote and once selected works great

irishchris, is there more info on this feature anywhere. I cant get my head around it. Is there info or screenshots or PDF or something.

Does the TV need any features for this. I have sony kdl 40w4500.
    So you use the TV remote to change channels etc on duo ?

D
    irishchris wrote: »
    yes is new feature which allows you to use the tv remote to control the vu+ also. works perfectly with my samsung and sony bravia. shows up as a tuner when i select source on my sony bravia remote and once selected works great

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

Where's Channel 4 HD gone? I'm pretty sure it was there up to a couple of days ago. Well I see the name available to me, but when I go to it service not available. I still have Channel 4.

Has there been some setting change?

(just using FTA Satellite)

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

irishchris, is there more info on this feature anywhere. I cant get my head around it. Is there info or screenshots or PDF or something.

D

I'm not sure which model sony I have, but it worked out of the 'box' for me, with a hdmi cable.
    When I press the power button on the vu+ remote, the tv turns on, when the tv and the box are on, and I turn off the tv, the vu+ turns off.
    If I press the tv guide on the tv remote, the vu+ epg pops up.

@Irishchis is there any way to change bouquet form the tv remote?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

Where's Channel 4 HD gone? I'm pretty sure it was there up to a couple of days ago. Well I see the name available to me, but when I go to it service not available. I still have Channel 4.

Has there been some setting change?

(just using FTA Satellite)

I found this. (moved to Astra 1N)

...Can anyone tell me the quickest/ best way to update this on the Duo? ie. if I do a new manual scan with those settings will it just add what's on those settings or will it wipe all my existing presets?

• Advertisement

kierank01 wrote: »

D

I'm not sure which model sony I have, but it worked out of the 'box' for me, with a hdmi cable.
    When I press the power button on the vu+ remote, the tv turns on, when the tv and the box are on, and I turn off the tv, the vu+ turns off.
    If I press the tv guide on the tv remote, the vu+ epg pops up.

@Irishchis is there any way to change bouquet form the tv remote?

On mine I push up arrow on Sony bravia remote for TV guide and press blue to change bouquet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement