Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spookiest experience of your life

Options
  • 19-10-2011 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

Seeing as all hallows eve is coming have you had any spooky or unexplainable experiences. I dont have any really but getting sleep paralysis and not knowing what it was was an eerie experience.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

waking up after a night on the beer and finding my wallet empty. i swear i had money in there last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Hallows what now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Body popping statues.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

I used to watch a load of stuff on tele about ghosts and paranormal stuff but used to freak myself out so much i couldnt sleep.
    I had to give up watching Scooby Doo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Was walking home alone from college in Limerick one night after playing a late night poker game in red raisins. My home was a mile outside the college (Briarfield for Limerick peeps)

It was about 4am and very foggy and cold

I was going to take the usual short cut through Elm Park (housing estate across from UL) when I noticed a woman standing 100 yards ahead of me in a white dressing gown. Her back was to me and she was staring further up the estate to a group of hooded individuals all wearing black under a tree.

She stood still for a second (I was rooted to the spot with fear at this stage) until she took off running toward the hooded group screaming.

When she reached them one of the hooded men put his hands on her shoulder and she immeaditaly turned around to face down in my direction

They all then started slowly marching down towards me in tandem

Needless to say I ****ing bolted around by the lodge to get home

Had to wake everyone up when I got home I was so frightened

getting the creeps even typing this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

When I died and went to hell on magic mushrooms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    Was walking home alone from college in Limerick one night after playing a late night poker game in red raisins. My home was a mile outside the college (Briarfield for Limerick peeps)

I was going to take the usual short cut through Elm Park (housing estate across from UL) when I noticed a woman standing 100 yards ahead of me in a white dressing gown. Her back was to me and she was staring further up the estate to a group of hooded individuals all wearing black under a tree.

She stood still for a second (I was rooted to the spot with fear at this stage) until she took off running toward the hooded group screaming.

When she reached them one of the hooded men put his hands on her shoulder and she immeaditaly turned around to face down in my direction

wtf wonder what the crac is with this? cud always been a group of mates but youd have to be have some collection of losers to do somethin like that.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

I said to the man at the Library "i want something really spooky to give me a good scare" he replied"I could show you a few bills of mine"

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Randomer.

EdenHazard wrote: »
    wtf wonder what the crac is with this? cud always been a group of mates but youd have to be have some collection of losers to do somethin like that.

Although if they scared someone so much to make them run down the road they'd be winners in my book!

Wonder if Dom Joly was in the area. :p

Seriously though, always wonder about stories like that If that happened to me my head would be wrecked for the rest of my life wondering wtf it was.

I'd love to think I hang around long enough to actually confirm what I was seeing.

Would like to think I could at least even take out my camera phone

• Advertisement

i need to change my nappy

EdenHazard wrote: »

I don't no who they were, God I actually wish I hadn't brought it up again! ****tin it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

what age was your wan?

I don't no who they were, God I actually wish I hadn't brought it up again! ****tin it!

what did her scream sound like?

what did her scream sound like?

Like a woman scream, no words, and she stopped the second she reached the group

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

John Doe1 wrote: »
    Seeing as all hallows eve is coming have you had any spooky or unexplainable experiences. I dont have any really but getting sleep paralysis and not knowing what it was was an eerie experience.

in a dorm having an argument with a HIV positive physco in australia, had to call the cops @ 2am and get a statement, que mass hysteria and said junkie getting taken away. got threatned with his huge skinny arms and tones of... 'i got tatoos, i will kill you!!'

*true story.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Sitting on the throne, having a nice dump. After all the pushin' and moanin' I had a look between me legs to admire me work but there was nothing in the bowl :confused:

Spooky :eek:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

"Yes this man has no penis"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

Spookiest I've heard is the one about yer man who figures that his friends are in trouble, goes off to try find them, does so, sure enough, they're in deep sh!t (one of them is completely f.uc.ked up) with some gang or other, yer man ends up in a showdown with the head of the gang, major fight follows, yer man loses a HAND!!
    There's more! It turns out the head of the gang is actually yer man's father... spoooky.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Nothing overly scary, though I kind of wish I had a really spooky experience sometimes (like Fishooks12's nightmarish one! :eek:).

I got the post-horror-film-on-my-own-at-night heebie jeebies a lot as a young 'un.

I think I mentioned these in another thread, but here goes anyway:

After watching The Ring (proper scary Japanese version) a few years ago I had a very vivid and realistic dream in which I watched the video and a week seemed to pass by in real time as I frantically tried to find a way to break the curse. In the last few minutes of the final day of the week, as I was completely desperate and despairing...

...I woke up, and for about a minute I was convinced that I was really going to imminently die a horrific death. Not a nice feeling :(.

Sillier but scarier in a shocking sense was the time I was staying up very late in my room in the dark looking at famous ghost pictures on my laptop (I don't strictly believe in ghosts but I still love the spookiness of ghost stories).

It was about 3am and I'd forgotten that the cat had come into the room hours before, as she'd been sleeping silently on the bed behind me.

So when she suddenly jumped on my shoulder, digging her claws into me, I simultaneously jumped (knocking my laptop to the ground, which it survived) and gave a scream/shout of terror.

It took me a few seconds to realise that it was the cat, and I left my light on after that :o.

• Advertisement

Like a woman scream, no words, and she stopped the second she reached the group

that would freak me out. especially if she wailed like a banshee

did you see her face?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Been lost in the woods off a lake in Galway as it was approaching dark and not knowing the way back was pretty **** scary at the time... Blair Witch was still a vivid memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Has to be the first time I experienced sleep paralysis scary ****! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I don't quite know what to make of this. The image of that gives me the heebee jeebees.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Ben Hadad

I arrived late at night at a beach place in India on my own after a long train journey. Was absolutely knackered and just wanted somewhere to kip, but it was pitch black on the beach and everything was closed.

I saw a light on in one gaff on the beach and walked up hoping someone was up and could give me a place to crash. I knocked on the door, but got no answer so I slowly opened the door. The room was empty except for a long black item that was sitting on the table in the middle of the room. I couldn't really make out what it was so I stepped into the room to get a better look. Suddenly it dawned on my, it was an open coffin and I am staring at a dead body with a crucifix around his neck. I got the shock of my life and legged it out of there; not what I was expecting at all. I waited on the beach till dawn, sleep wasn't that important anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladysarastro

Was in work yesterday busy enough, look up and theres a wailing hag coming towards me. Really started to freak out, thought it was the banshee or at least one of the witches from Macbeth
    Long story short turns out it was Dana looking for votes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭UCD2010

well...........I shan't be sleeping tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Was she hot?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

Beside the light switch in the landing is always creepy for some reason, don't know why.
    Was sitting in bed one night (i can see the landing from there) the dog ran out and stood barking at the light switch then it turned on and off again, then the dog ran back into my room crying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

The Peckham Pouncer

Advertisement