Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What really happened Osama bin Laden

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Hookah wrote: »
    Because it should be enough that we all saw what happened, apparently.

No need to investigate.

So you're happy with any explantion into an anomaly?
    A train derails and a load of people are killed or maimed and some spokesman comes out and says "yeah....bad day! Train tracks were a little weak today. Peace!" And you just sit and are happy with that crap?

Question.....if your auld one just died in hospital or your kid just wound up dead in the school yard and the explanation was....."Ah, sure it was her time or he fell on a knife 8 times. But we've disposed of all the shít. Here's the corpse. Sorry for your loss. Bye now." You'd just be fine with that because nobody had any questions about your relative's demise?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

He died years ago
    Wibbs wrote: »
    and the ring and the incorrect translations and dropouts and him using the wrong hand?

As pointed out the incorrect translation has been explained on several threads.
    Christ you're linear.

Seriously what does that even mean?
    Well duh of course they authenticated the tapes. What the hell does that even mean anyway? "Yep Rashid they're defo real. You reckon? Oh yes defo him". Did it ever occur to you that they being the go to "Arab/Muslim" station that always got the Bin Laden scoop that they'd pretty much always authenticate the tapes. No conspiracy required. Company pride etc. Nada to do with Bush or the Yanks. More like a middle finger to CNN and Fox. Ring any bells for ya? probably not but worth a try.

As in they verified the source the tapes came from as being from Al Qaida.

It's a fascinating story.

Oh god I was just giving you one example of what they might have done. Try and keep up.

Right.......
    ehh... Seriously, where in the flying spag bol monster's name did I say they did? Try not slant your debate with leading falsehoods.

Seriously again what does that even mean?
    Oh yea compared to absolutely no evidence at all so far? You really do deal in black and white, don't you?

Again that is complete gibberish compared to the point I was making.
    *facepalm, shakes head*

I'm out. No point.

Well the debate will have to live on without your towering intellect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

He died years ago
    33 wrote: »
    Strangely I am on the right board, it's suspicious to say the least
    My post was meant as a compliment!

Except the republicans could have used it to get Bush or McCain elected in the last 2 elections

Why would you think that either of them would give a shït?

Do you think that the Republicans and the Democrats are really in competition against one another??

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Di0genes wrote: »
    Really you're spinning now.

Really?

How?

Elaborate.

• Advertisement

He died years ago
    Really?

How?

Elaborate.

You're getting into a rant about the 1st Amendment, when the original point was you claiming that because a preacher in Florida wanted to burn Korans, ergo the US Military wouldn't respect Bin Laden's Muslim burial traditions.

You've ran off on a tangent on this one.

No, but it could certainly fan the flames in the Muslim world if they did it wrongly. And the death of Bobby Sands and the hunger strikers was a massibe PR boost for the IRA and certainly would have made recruitment a lot easier, Che is an icon, don't know much about the reaction to the rest of them.

So in other words you're just guessing?

You're only employing the "this would have happened" crap as an argument?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,278 ✭✭✭✭noodler

tumblr_lkjvciRxDu1qzpt5vo1_500.jpg

Is that offenseive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭33

I have read it all. And I should point out. I've freelanced for Al Jazeera.

Al Jazeera believe it's bin Laden.
    I'm a video editor.

Genuinely Curious about this, what centre or centres did you work through and what was the procedure, did they send you a video to edit or did you edit a video by another freelance and submit it, what address and department did you work through, and what was the genre of the video?, the reason I ask is because I have a friend who has also done a little work for Al Jazeera, and knows a few names in places here and there, if you could supply a contact name , address and department it would help me believe your not fibbing about this.

https://www.ajicommissioning.net/secure/userregistration.aspx

He died years ago
    Genuinely Curious about this, what centre or centres did you work through and what was the procedure, did they send you a video to edit or did you edit a video by another freelance and submit it, what address and department did you work through, and what was the genre of the video?, the reason I ask is because I have a friend who has also done a little work for Al Jazeera, and knows a few names in places here and there, if you could supply a contact name , address and department it would help me believe your not fibbing about this.

https://www.ajicommissioning.net/secure/userregistration.aspx

I freelanced in the London bureau.

it was a typical news room. Journalists arrived with packages needing to be cut, with rushes on tape, loaded through CAR, or already on the server. Or the package was cut using APTN or RTS feeds.

I often worked on David Frost's people and power program.

The genre changed it was rolling news.

That website doesn't link to Aj J staff. It's for outside journalists/producers/directors looking for work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

He died years ago
    the reason I ask is because I have a friend who has also done a little work for Al Jazeera, and knows a few names in places here and there, if you could supply a contact name , address and department it would help me believe your not fibbing about this.
    I don't mean to be rude, but wouldn't it be better to do this type of thing by PM? Guarantees you a bit of privacy, and it means people can be a bit more open.

On the other hand, I've had a PM published without my permission and the perp only got a 1 day ban. :confused::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

He died years ago
    So in other words you're just guessing?

You're only employing the "this would have happened" crap as an argument?

Yes. And "could have". I suppose everything you spout is a fact, no matter how outlandish it sounds.

My post was meant as a compliment!

My reply wasn't meant to seem bitchy, maybe a little crossed wires, or I could have worded it better.

I found no offence in your post.:), and didn't intend to seem offensive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

He is alive and well somewhere
    _52454663_osama_pak624.jpg

Thats where Osama was apparently living.

2 miles from the Army's officer training school. In an area populated mostly by retired and serving officers, and not too far from the US airbase in Tarbela Ghazi.

Osama certainly picked an odd place to hide out...

You think that agents working in the area might have wondered who it was living in that mansion with the 14ft high walls and security cameras and satellite dishes.

_52455064_52455063.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

It's strange how the more logical/considered sceptics are so far largely steering clear of this thread.

The basics are that there has been a big claim made, that Bin Laden has been killed.
    Then we learn that the body has been immediately disposed of at sea.

I wouldn't advocate showing a horribly disfigured cadaver on TV but surely some evidence of the body of the most wanted man in the world for the last 10 years could have been retained.

I find it hard to fathom that the body should be disposed of so quickly in order to honor a man who it is claimed planned and funded the 9-11 attacks.

I also find it hard to believe that it would be impossible to know his location and not be able to take him alive with all the technological inginuity avialbale to the US military in this day and age.

Surely the best possible solution would have been to capture the man, put him on trial and put the 9-11 conspiracy story to bed once and for all?

Seeing sceptics from this forum defending a mind boggling story as perfectly logical boggles my mind.
    If a similar claim was made by a CTer on this forum, or by an alternative media outlet evidence would be demanded on these very pages by the same posters that are currently demanding that we take this incredibly strange version of events as gospel from official sources.

Talk about double standards, it's no wonder no one takes anyone else seriously on this forum.

He died years ago
    Apparently Obama could monitor the raid live
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/obama-watched-bin-laden-death-raid-503494.html
    US President Barack Obama was able to monitor the raid that led to the death of Osama bin Laden “in real time” from the White House.

Mr Obama watched events unfold sitting in the White House Situation Room, thousands of miles away from the al-Qaida leader’s compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan.

In one picture released by the White House, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton sits near the president, her hand covering her mouth.

Mr Obama is leaning forward in his chair in the same photograph, watching intently as the raid takes place.

He is also seen in a close-up image with his mouth covered by his knuckles. Another picture shows the president pointing while talking to National Security Adviser Tom Donilon.

His counter-terrorism adviser John Brennan described the high levels of tension as the mission went on, the president fearing for the safety of those attempting to capture bin Laden.

“It was probably one of the most anxiety-filled periods of time I think in the lives of the people who were assembled here,” said Mr Brennan. “The minutes passed like days. The president was very concerned about the security of our personnel.

“That was what was on his mind throughout and we wanted to make sure we were able to get through this and accomplish the mission.

“But it was clearly very tense, a lot of people holding their breath, and there was a fair degree of silence as it progressed as we would get the updates.

“When we finally were informed that those individuals who were able to go in that compound and found an individual that they believed was bin Laden, there was a tremendous sigh of relief that what we believed and who we believed was in that compound was actually in that compound and was found.

“The president was relieved once we had our people and those remains (of bin Laden) off target.”

He added that the mission was watched “in real time” by Mr Obama and senior US government officials, but he would not divulge details of the kind of footage they had access to.

What Mr Brennan would say was: “It gave us the ability to actually track it on an ongoing basis.”

It has emerged that bin Laden used one of his wives as a human shield in a bid to protect himself and that she too was killed.

Mr Brennan said that action revealed “the nature of the individual he was”.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/obama-watched-bin-laden-death-raid-503494.html#ixzz1LEyUM8Jx

I'd imagine something will eventually be published

Edit: Another story saying it was taped and will probably be released
    Two Pentagon officials have said the at-sea burial of Osama bin Laden was videotaped and that it probably will be released soon.

The officials said photos of the body prior to its disposal in the North Arabian Sea also may be released.

It was not clear whether the firefight in which US forces are said to have shot bin Laden to death was videotaped.

John Brennan, the White House counter-terrorism chief, told reporters that the administration was still deliberating on release of the material. Making it public might satisfy those who would otherwise doubt that it was bin Laden who was killed.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/burial-film-likely-to-be-released-503488.html#ixzz1LF1Y8QHH

I've merged the two threads, as there is little point in having two separate ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

He died years ago

Looks more like the reaction of people watching 2Girls1Cup =p

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitehouse/5680724572/sizes/l/in/photostream/

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

christ almighty

first obamas fake birth cert , now a fake Bin laden death

does Obama and the US gov think the rest of the world are morons
    ( they obviously think their own people are )

if they really killed OBL they would be parading his head on a stick for the world to see.

what a scam job.

This is as good an explanation as I've seen yet for why they dumped the body! :pac:
    PomBear wrote: »
    222394_10150172077136647_21317481646_7085147_283888_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭clever_name

He died years ago
    Never heard of skull and bones so?, kerry and bush both members, both fought an election, yet their ultimate allegiance was to this secret society, not republicans or democrats, they are all the same.
    Fake pictures, buried at sea, election on the way, something smells fishy and it ain't Osama.

If they are all the same why are they concerned about the election?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Wibbs wrote: »
    Gas is too unpredictable and not even close to instant, not unless you sealed the place like a gnats fanny. And that's nerve toxins and the like, knockout gas forget about it.

Then tranquilizer darts should do the trick.

He died years ago
    alphabeat wrote: »
    christ almighty

first obamas fake birth cert , now a fake Bin laden death

does Obama and the US gov think the rest of the world are morons
    ( they obviously think their own people are )

if they really killed OBL they would be parading his head on a stick for the world to see.

what a scam job.

Is your name Donald by any chance?

If they are all the same why are they concerned about the election?

It's not the election that's important to these people but rather the continuing faith of the majority of society in the electorial process and beyond that the false left/right paradigm itself.

He died years ago
    Then tranquilizer darts should do the trick.

Only exist in the movies.

Only exist in the movies.

A whole lot of real non leathal weapons do exist however.

He died years ago
    nullzero wrote: »
    It's not the election that's important to these people but rather the continuing faith of the majority of society in the electorial process and beyond that the false left/right paradigm itself.

If continuing faith in the electorial process is the aim then they have not been doing a good job in recent years, how many recounts were there again?

If continuing faith in the electorial process is the aim then they have not been doing a good job in recent years, how many recounts were there again?

So therefor they would need to take drastic steps to ensure people keep the faith after dropping the ball.
    Thanks for helping to make my point.

He died years ago
    nullzero wrote: »

How does faking bin Ladens death fit into that :confused:
    On the one hand he's saying its to help Obama get re-elected, and on the other it doesn't matter who gets elected anyway because they're all the same

• Advertisement

Edit: Another story saying it was taped and will probably be released

Yes because in this day and age helmet cams, transmitters, recievers, and satellite capabilities make it easy as pie, he would have had numerous feeds and maybe a remote to change channels, even directly direct them should he wish.

@catergory_tactical.jpg

Advertisement