Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What really happened Osama bin Laden

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

He is alive and well somewhere
    Di0genes wrote: »
    I have read it all. And I should point out. I've freelanced for Al Jazeera.
    So what? I've freelanced for universal pictures and the BBC. Doesn't mean jack.
    Al Jazeera believe it's bin Laden.
    Again so what? I merely stated that there have been numerous questions over the authenticity of various tapes purporting to be him. Not least the one where he (conveniently)admits the whole 911 mission. Where he a devout Muslim is wearing a gold ring, looks a couple of stone fatter with a different nose and uses the wrong hand. One can argue that, but a lot more difficult to argue that the subtitles supplied by the US were stretching the truth in a number of places on the same tape.

How, and from who. What exactly would you want?
    A body. Presented to the UN. Never gonna happen of course. The US usually looks to the UN to back something they've already made their mind up about. regardless the body would be handy. With loads of photos/video. You know, evidence? Would you send down a murderer for life over such evidence presented so far?

Not even close.

The US have been conducting military operations within Pakistan borders for over a decade.

Why should this be different?

A surgical strike completed within a hour and the leader of terrorist organisation is killed.
    Are you being willfully obtuse now or what? They've been conducting operations, usually with some nod to the locals and even so are incredibly unpopular for doing so. It's looking pretty clear now that the local agencies this time had no clue. They're basically saying "yea well we don't trust you, but it doesn't matter we're rolling in anyway". Real clever in an already "hot" country with nukes.
    If he was in Pakistan, Baghdad or Birmingham the US government would have gone ahead with it.
    Birmingham? Of course they would. Maybe the one in Alabama. Are you honestly trying to claim they'd do such a surgical strike in the UK without dropping a line to number 10 first? OooooooK...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

What really happened with Bin Laden?

Where's the option for "Osama Bin Laden does not exist. 9/11 was a false flag operation, and Osama is a spectre invented by the US govt, in order to justify their illegal invasion of Afghanistan" ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

He died years ago
    yekahS wrote: »
    I would've pick don't know/unsure if it were an option.

I picked dead for a few years though.

I find it hard to believe that a man who is in need of constant medical attention

He doesnt require constant medical attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

He died years ago
    Wibbs wrote: »

Again so what? I merely stated that there have been numerous questions over the authenticity of various tapes purporting to be him. Not least the one where he (conveniently)admits the whole 911 mission. Where he a devout Muslim is wearing a gold ring, looks a couple of stone fatter with a different nose and uses the wrong hand. One can argue that, but a lot more difficult to argue that the subtitles supplied by the US were stretching the truth in a number of places on the same tape.

A body. Presented to the UN. Never gonna happen of course. The US usually looks to the UN to back something they've already made their mind up about. regardless the body would be handy. With loads of photos/video. You know, evidence? Would you send down a murderer for life over such evidence presented so far?

Are you being willfully obtuse now or what? They've been conducting operations, usually with some nod to the locals and even so are incredibly unpopular for doing so. It's looking pretty clear now that the local agencies this time had no clue. They're basically saying "yea well we don't trust you, but it doesn't matter we're rolling in anyway". Real clever in an already "hot" country with nukes.
    Birmingham? Of course they would. Maybe the one in Alabama. Are you honestly trying to claim they'd do such a surgical strike in the UK without dropping a line to number 10 first? OooooooK...

A bit third hand but I read on another site about witnesses close to the area saying that power shut down shortly before the attack and came back on shortly after. Might this signify local co-operation?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

He died years ago
    How's about the possibility that the US have known for some time where he was and were waiting for an opportune moment to make their move? I know that they are claiming to have become aware of his whereabouts some time last year, but who knows how long they've actually known..

It wouldn't need to be as vastly orchestrated as covering up either his death, or keeping him alive elsewhere.

Now was the perfect time for a president to decide to take him out. He'll most likely pull troops out of Afghanistan and elsewhere just before election time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Like I think someone else said in this thread, if they held him, it would surely encourage extremists to kidnap any and all westerners and try and bargain for him back. It also doesn't give him a shrine for them to worship, or make a martyr out of him.

Would it?

Why don't these "extremists" just kidnap all westerners and demand that the US leave their countries? Why would they go to these measure of kidnapping Westerners just to get one man back? What's the fücking point of that?

Are you serious?

And what threat would a shrine be to this guy? Are you seriously expecting us to believe that Bin Laden is the only person in the world ..... like some kind of jihadi prophet or some shít?
    Martyr my ass!! When King or Kennedy or Biko were killed. Did they cause a tidal wave of revenge and a sea change of fear that caused their killers to crumble? Don't be so speculative.

When Nasser or Mossadegh or Allende or Guivara or Sands or Saddam Hussein or Lincoln or Debs were fücked over or killed, were there the big apocalyptic scenes of kidnap and chaos that you envisage over Bin Laden's detention and/or killing?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,472 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Buried at sea and no supporting photographic evidence? It's almost as if they wanted a wave of conspiracy theories to follow this news..

Even if they had a video - which they do allegedly - conspiracy theorists would refute that the video itself was legitimate, with "refute" videos popping up on youtube within hours pointing out the "mistakes" in the actual video.

Theres nothing that can be provided definitively that would appease the mind of the theorist - be it photos, video or I would hazard a guess the body itself, as the theorists only want to provide an alternative reality to that which is being presented to them no matter what the evidence provided suggests.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Not anymore, he doesn't.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I find it hard to believe that a man who is in need of constant medical attention could survive for years in afghan mountains, and then presumably move to the capital of Islamabad and no-one would know he was there, despite the place crawling with CIA/ISI agents and a cool $25 million on offer for info on his whereabouts. Not to mention as the foremost allahuakbar vlogger he has managed to keep stum for about 8 years now.

Then when they do find him, they kill him and fúck his body off the edge of a boat.

Its possible, but I'd remain skeptical for now.
    Pretty much this. It or at least something doesnt quite add up. And the American intelligence agencies aren't exactly consistent when it comes to evidence when it suits them. WMD's and all that.
    Di0genes wrote:
    Wrong tense or maybe you believe he's still alive after all?... In any event his health status was in question for many years with a few high ups claiming he was quite ill to gravely ill. http://blogs.forbes.com/davidwhelan/2011/05/02/osama-bin-ladens-health-may-remain-a-mystery-even-as-details-of-his-death-are-released/ http://www.doctorzebra.com/prez/a_binladen.htm Some even thought him dead in 06 http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/09/23/terror/main2035766.shtml

I note you seem to like just dropping statements as if they were Fact! but it doesn't work like that.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

He died years ago
    Where's the option for "Osama Bin Laden does not exist. 9/11 was a false flag operation, and Osama is a spectre invented by the US govt, in order to justify their illegal invasion of Afghanistan" ?
    That's included under 'he died yesterday'. You have to read between the lines a bit though.

• Advertisement

He died years ago
    fontanalis wrote: »
    A bit third hand but I read on another site about witnesses close to the area saying that power shut down shortly before the attack and came back on shortly after. Might this signify local co-operation?
    Or a couple of special forces types nobbling the power lines?

He died years ago
    I love this tid bit for people who missed it when it was in the mainstream: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8281839.stm
    So Bin Laden is....Hitler is....OMFG!!! :eek::eek::eek:

He died years ago
    Wibbs wrote: »

The weight difference can be explained by incorrect aspect ratio.

Al Jazeera a news agency that doesn't exactly love the Bush Administration, has authenticated these tapes.
    A body. Presented to the UN.

And. Then. What.

What are the UN supposed to do with it?

Did the UN request the body?
    Never gonna happen of course. The US usually looks to the UN to back something they've already made their mind up about. regardless the body would be handy. With loads of photos/video. You know, evidence? Would you send down a murderer for life over such evidence presented so far?

Do the UN have a court? The ability to prosecute?

You have some imaginary concept of what the UN does and doesn't do, and expects.

You don't bring terrorists to the UN for summary execution.

And as you point out above. Any video/audio/photos is viewed with suspicion so what would be the point.

You think Pakistan is going to nuke the US over this? Really?

If they were worried that if they contacted Pakistan military there would be a chance Bin Laden could get away, so why risk it.

You seem to think the UN are some kind of world cop agency and the Pakistani government will nuke someone if the US gets on their nerves.

It's weird Jerry Bruckhemier world you live in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭33

I didn't vote, because I'm still not sure, Obama said they knew since lastweek where he was, he was sure.

I've been looking over occult dates and 1st may is a special day for occultists, let me quote something, anybody wanting to look further use the words from the quotes in google and come to your own conclusions, I am sitting on the fence on this one, its speculation on all sides so far and a little quick to make a definate decision on what did or didn't happen.

a. March 21-22 - Goddess Ostara - Note: Easter is the first Sunday after the first new moon after Ostara. March 21 is one of the Illuminati's Human Sacrifice Nights

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Discussed in another thread not so long ago^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

b. April 1 - All Fool's Day, precisely 13 weeks since New Year's Day!

c. April 19 - May 1 - Blood Sacrifice To The Beast. Fire sacrifice is required on April 19
    April 19: A History of Violence

d. April 30 - May 1 - Beltaine Festival, also called Walpurgis Night. This is the highest day on the Druidic Witch's Calendar. May 1 is the Illuminati's second most sacred holiday. Human sacrifice is required.

Osama killed?

From another site:
    Just a couple of days ahead before April 30 - May 1 - Beltaine Festival, also called Walpurgis Night. This is the highest day on the Druidic Witch's Calendar. May 1 is the Illuminati's second most sacred holiday. Human sacrifice is required.
    The date chosen for Prince marriage is not incidental.
    Catastrophes or false flag ops expected in the coming days. Doomtards, be alert!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

He died years ago
    jebus

He died years ago
    33 wrote: »
    I didn't vote, because I'm still not sure,
    That's a very rational standpoint: are you sure you're on the right board? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I would have picked
    allahuTari akJagubar
    if it had been an option

I dont know

But Something is suspicious about the 'Raid'

The Americans are 'MediaWhores' Surely an event of this magnitude would have been stagemanaged to better effect

He died years ago
    kippy wrote: »
    Even if they had a video - which they do allegedly - conspiracy theorists would refute that the video itself was legitimate, with "refute" videos popping up on youtube within hours pointing out the "mistakes" in the actual video.

Theres nothing that can be provided definitively that would appease the mind of the theorist - be it photos, video or I would hazard a guess the body itself, as the theorists only want to provide an alternative reality to that which is being presented to them no matter what the evidence provided suggests.

Not every conspiracy theorist's mind is going to be changed, no matter what evidence is put forward. But they sure as hell have ensured that many doubts are raised by simply dumping the body like this. Maybe that was the aim all along though.. to create doubt, knowing that doubters are usually marginalised as deluded nut-jobs and that the more people's doubts are dismissed the less likely it is that anybody exposes whatever truth there may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I think it may have been orchestrated as a media circus for some big upcoming event which will have massive geo political ramifications, in other words, something big is going to happen. Apparently they shot him in the face, one wonders, and now they're citing dna evidence as proof, except it could be anyones dna, why didn't they gas the place, then they could have taken him alive and put him trial.

Dave! wrote: »
    I have no interest in a 9/11 discussion either.

They'll only do an investigation like you describe on a plane crash because they need to determine if there was pilot error, or a mechanical fault. Same with car crashes, they have to determine what the cause was. It was pretty clear what happened on 9/11, given all the video evidence. I'd say Bush and co. were more interested in determining who did it than what were the exact physical factors that lead to the buildings collapsing.

And the twin towers were not the first buildings to collapse due to fire. That's just untrue.

Dave,

This is a direct quote from your posting:

"It is impressive that the World Trade Center towers held up as long as they did after being attacked at full speed by Boeing 767 jets, because they were only designed to withstand a crash from the largest plane at the time: the smaller, slower Boeing 707."

Now, The Boeing 707 went into service in 1958. The Boeing 747 "Jumbo Jet" was the "Queen of the Skies" at the start of the 60's and was almost 3 times the size of the 707. The WTC was erected in the first half of the 1970's. Are you telling me that the archictectural plans were only taking into account impact from a plane that was the norm nearly twenty years prior?
    Who tries to bluff off this shït?

• Advertisement

Gas is too unpredictable and not even close to instant, not unless you sealed the place like a gnats fanny. And that's nerve toxins and the like, knockout gas forget about it.

I have read it all. And I should point out. I've freelanced for Al Jazeera.

you have and your fücking bollocks.

Al-Jazeera take master journalists like Rageh Omar, et al. Not people like you.

Maybe you wrote a letter to the editor or did the crossword.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

He died years ago

I find it hard to believe that a man who is in need of constant medical attention could survive for years in afghan mountains, and then presumably move to the capital of Islamabad and no-one would know he was there, despite the place crawling with CIA/ISI agents and a cool $25 million on offer for info on his whereabouts. Not to mention as the foremost allahuakbar vlogger he has managed to keep stum for about 8 years now.

Then when they do find him, they kill him and fúck his body off the edge of a boat.

Its possible, but I'd remain skeptical for now.

I wouldn't be overly surprised if elements of the ISI were complicit in hiding him though, they're not always answerable to the government. It would also appear they have known for a while, and would need good planning to do right. And the intelligence obviously did work seeing he was caught, although it did take a while. And it wasn't in Islamabad itself he was found in

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

He died years ago
    sollar wrote: »
    Why can't they show us a photo of the body. All would be clear then.

They had no problem showing saddam

different administration...
    fear of further stirring up support for Al-Qaeda...

He died years ago
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5goImUTnFgQHITWZJdbpPLB6lngWA?docId=ec68f068e92f4c649eb81332d190b7e6
    U.S. intelligence officials believe Osama bin Laden made a propaganda recording shortly before his death and expect that tape to surface soon.

It is unclear whether the tape is audio or video, but a U.S. official says that intelligence indicates it is already working its way through al-Qaida's media pipeline. The official said the timing was coincidental and there is no indication he knew U.S. forces were bearing down on him.

i-see-what-you-did-there-21267-1291664609-36.jpg

He died years ago
    you have and your fücking bollocks.

Al-Jazeera take master journalists like Rageh Omar, et al. Not people like you.

Maybe you wrote a letter to the editor or did the crossword.

Shrugs...I edit videos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭doomed

The whole thing has a ring of truth.

Burial at sea because he is a muslim and has to be buried within 24 hours and the last thing anyone wants is a shrine. Good idea. Expect an increase in demand for scuba gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭33

That's a very rational standpoint: are you sure you're on the right board? :)

Strangely I am on the right board, it's suspicious to say the least, it doesn't add up for me, I have a thousand possibilities and maybe's, but whats the point in opting for one over the other when they conflict completely with one another, I don't buy the official story one bit, but I don't have anything more than speculation at this point in time, so I'll opt out of the vote for now.

The weight difference can be explained by incorrect aspect ratio.
    and the ring and the incorrect translations and dropouts and him using the wrong hand?
    Al Jazeera a news agency that doesn't exactly love the Bush Administration, has authenticated these tapes.
    Christ you're linear. Well duh of course they authenticated the tapes. What the hell does that even mean anyway? "Yep Rashid they're defo real. You reckon? Oh yes defo him". Did it ever occur to you that they being the go to "Arab/Muslim" station that always got the Bin Laden scoop that they'd pretty much always authenticate the tapes. No conspiracy required. Company pride etc. Nada to do with Bush or the Yanks. More like a middle finger to CNN and Fox. Ring any bells for ya? probably not but worth a try.

And. Then. What.

What are the UN supposed to do with it?

Did the UN request the body?

Do the UN have a court? The ability to prosecute?
    Oh god I was just giving you one example of what they might have done. Try and keep up.

You don't bring terrorists to the UN for summary execution.
    ehh... Seriously, where in the flying spag bol monster's name did I say they did? Try not slant your debate with leading falsehoods.
    And as you point out above. Any video/audio/photos is viewed with suspicion so what would be the point.
    Oh yea compared to absolutely no evidence at all so far? You really do deal in black and white, don't you?
    You think Pakistan is going to nuke the US over this? Really?

It's weird Jerry Bruckhemier world you live in.
    *facepalm, shakes head*

I'm out. No point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

He died years ago
    Would it?

Why don't these "extremists" just kidnap all westerners and demand that the US leave their countries? Why would they go to these measure of kidnapping Westerners just to get one man back? What's the fücking point of that?

Are you serious?

And what threat would a shrine be to this guy? Are you seriously expecting us to believe that Bin Laden is the only person in the world ..... like some kind of jihadi prophet or some shít?
    Martyr my ass!! When King or Kennedy or Biko were killed. Did they cause a tidal wave of revenge and a sea change of fear that caused their killers to crumble? Don't be so speculative.

When Nasser or Mossadegh or Allende or Guivara or Sands or Saddam Hussein or Lincoln or Debs were fücked over or killed, were there the big apocalyptic scenes of kidnap and chaos that you envisage over Bin Laden's detention and/or killing?

No, but it could certainly fan the flames in the Muslim world if they did it wrongly. And the death of Bobby Sands and the hunger strikers was a massibe PR boost for the IRA and certainly would have made recruitment a lot easier, Che is an icon, don't know much about the reaction to the rest of them.

Advertisement