Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What really happened Osama bin Laden

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Di0genes wrote: »
    What hard evidence would you like.

Why do they just dispose of the evidence and then say "we got him, nothing more to see here!"?

If you want people to believe your story then you don't do yourself any favours by destroying evidence. All that steel from the WTC just carted off to China and disposed of before it could be tested for heat failure? Why?

They disposed of the corpse out of religious respect? Don't make me laugh. The US have troops pissing on Qurans in Guantanamo and that moron in Florida burning them and now we're supposed to believe that the US are sympathetic to Muslim sensitivities? Pull the other one!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

He died years ago
    Why do they just dispose of the evidence and then say "we got him, nothing more to see here!"?

What exactly would you prefer? Explain please.
    If you want people to believe your story then you don't do yourself any favours by destroying evidence. All that steel from the WTC just carted off to China and disposed of before it could be tested for heat failure? Why?

Thats simply not true.

wtc.nist.gov/pubs/PublicBriefingULTestsGross082504.pdf
    They disposed of the corpse out of religious respect? Don't make me laugh.

What should they have done?
    The US have troops pissing on Qurans in Guantanamo

Source?
    and that moron in Florida burning them and now we're supposed to believe that the US are sympathetic to Muslim sensitivities? Pull the other one!

The US Military are not responsible for the behaviour of a deranged preacher in Florida.

It's utterly unfair to cite that preacher and then suggest the US military are ergo insensitive to Muslim religious beliefs.

Incorrect. Bin Laden was a Saudi who joined wiith Mujaheen fighters in the war against the Soviets, along with thousands of other Saudis.

What's incorrect? Saudis ARE Arabs.

I never denied that Bin Laden joined the scrap in the 1980's but the Taliban didn't gain control of Afghanistan until the 1990's and they viewed Arabs, especially Wahabbis, with suspicion.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

They disposed of the corpse out of religious respect? Don't make me laugh. The US have troops pissing on Qurans in Guantanamo and that moron in Florida burning them and now we're supposed to believe that the US are sympathetic to Muslim sensitivities? Pull the other one!
    Not really out of religous respect,I'd say it was done so as not to be seen to be disrespectful to a man that some would consider a martyr.I don't think they wanted to p*ss off anymore Muslims really.tbh I'd believe it myself,I mean why bother fabricating all of this for someone that most people have forgotten about and whose power has been significantly diminished.If this had happened a few weeks after 9/11 then I would have my doubts.If they had fabricated this story and He is still alive then he would undoubtedly release a tape and the Americans would end up with egg on their face big time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Because it's obvious to all but a small subculture what happened on 9/11? When you see planes fly into buildings, and then the buildings burning for hours before collapsing, testing the metal for heat failure is a bit redundant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

He died years ago
    Potential civil war in Pakistan. US troops surrounding a compound, and being surrounded by country were both large swashes of the population and military support muslim extremism.

That'd be fun.
    Also, why would bin Laden want to be taken alive? Why would he allow it?

He died years ago
    What's incorrect? Saudis ARE Arabs.

I never denied that Bin Laden joined the scrap in the 1980's but the Taliban didn't gain control of Afghanistan until the 1990's and they viewed Arabs, especially Wahabbis, with suspicion.

Please source for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hookah

He is alive and well somewhere
    Dave! wrote: »
    Because it's obvious to all but a small subculture what happened on 9/11? When you see planes fly into buildings, and then the buildings burning for hours before collapsing, testing the metal for heat failure is a bit redundant.

A least pretend to have a forensic investigation, on Americas biggest ever crime scene.

He died years ago
    Hookah wrote: »
    A least pretend to have a forensic investigation, on Americas biggest ever crime scene.

How exactly do you have forensic investigation of the collapse of two sky scrapers.

Genuinely curious.

How exactly do you have forensic investigation of the collapse of two sky scrapers.

Genuinely curious.

Check or test for traces of explosives, for one.

• Advertisement

What exactly would you prefer? Explain please.

Well why not produce the body? If police forces can identify the decomposed remains of abducted girls like those two little ones that Ian Huntley killed then why can't they keep hold of Bin Laden's carcass for a few days. I'm guessing they have the equipment to preserve the corpses of the soldiers who get killed in-theatre so they can be transferred home without becoming a stenching pile of maggots.

Thats simply not true.

wtc.nist.gov/pubs/PublicBriefingULTestsGross082504.pdf

I'll get back to you on that one but the NIST reports are highly dubious.

Source?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article530015.ece
    The US Military are not responsible for the behaviour of a deranged preacher in Florida.

It's utterly unfair to cite that preacher and then suggest the US military are ergo insensitive to Muslim religious beliefs.

I'm not pointing the finger at the military regarding that dummy in Florida. He could easily have been told to cease and desist by Washington but they knew that they could benefit from his bullshít, i.e. to come across as sympathetic to Muslim taboos but also to appear as champions of free speech.
    They slap gag orders on people left and right when the consequences seem to be detrimental to them yet they allow this fool go ahead with his cretinous book burning exercise because it can't hurt them. If anything it helps them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Why in the fúck would they do that, though?! It's quite clear that planes flew into them, there's no need to introduce explosives into the mix! Might as well test it for pixies with tiny blowtorches while you're at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

He died years ago
    if they did not kill him, it a bit of a joke really then, considering bin laden would release a video saying he was alive, making the americans look like a laughing stock.......

be a stupid pointless exercise pretending he was dead......

He died years ago

And we've been over this ad nauseum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

He died years ago
    Well why not produce the body? If police forces can identify the decomposed remains of abducted girls like those two little ones that Ian Huntley killed then why can't they keep hold of Bin Laden's carcass for a few days. I'm guessing they have the equipment to preserve the corpses of the soldiers who get killed in-theatre so they can be transferred home without becoming a stenching pile of maggots.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article530015.ece

I'm not pointing the finger at the military regarding that dummy in Florida. He could easily have been told to cease and desist by Washington but they knew that they could benefit from his bullshít, i.e. to come across as sympathetic to Muslim taboos but also to appear as champions of free speech.
    They slap gag orders on people left and right when the consequences seem to be detrimental to them yet they allow this fool go ahead with his cretinous book burning exercise because it can't hurt them. If anything it helps them.

Why should they have told him to shut up? Under the 1st ammendment government can't interefere with a persons comments. As deluded as that preacher was, he can't be held responsible for a bunch of cave mens actions. And now you think this was used to build support for the war? F**k me sideways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

He died years ago
    If other countries can be bullied and coerced into handing over people who have committed no crimes like Assange, if they can be forced to adopt the same moronic security screening measures as US airports, if they can be made to hand over your banking details, your ISP activity, etc., then it's not exactly going to be difficult to have them keep quiet about the Bin Laden hoax, is it?

Besides the likes of Russia and China would only be wasting their time. They've got bigger fish to fry like trying to checkmate the US in the Middle-East and halt their intended military encirclement of China than some petty exercise in embarrassing the Americans. Washington would just deny it and people would believe them the same way as they believe all their lies and fabrications. There are people out there who are actually convinced WMDs were found in Iraq. Do you think Washington is going to lift a finger to educate these morons when they can just let them wallow in their own ignorance?

Still wouldn't be that hard to disprove it, and would do damage to the US and credibility of the CIA. Also, see Diogenes point about it being a huge scoop for a journalist.
    Good question. Well the White House and Downing street have been vomiting out lie after lie after lie since 2000 so if they were to tell me the sky was blue I'd be sceptical. It's hard to believe that an old man with hepatitis and on dialysis could survive in the wilderness for 10 years even if he had managed to avoid the bombing raids that have been constantly doled out.

I'd hardly call that compound he was found in the wilderness.
    Wibbs wrote: »
    God points there JB This would resonate for me too. The man hasn't been seen in public since when? 2001? 2002 tops? The authenticity of some of the tapes is suspect, especially the one where in some weird convo he admits his part in the whole 911 gig? Eh very convenient and there are good arguments it's a fake.

This raid? It's daft enough to be true, but you would think they'd make every effort to get the guy alive. Can you imagine a shaved broken Osama in an orange jumpsuit held by Americans? Early reports were calling it a kill mission, which has been dialed back. I dunno the whole thing, especially the speed of disposal of the body, it just seems all a bit hasty for public enemy numero uno. For religious reasons? Give me an ever loving break. They know people will be asking questions. Then again Fox TV watchers won't and will just go on the streets shouting U! S! A!

It's also a nice little sabre rattling exercise against Pakistan for good measure. Pretty effin daft though when those yahoos have nukes.
    Like I think someone else said in this thread, if they held him, it would surely encourage extremists to kidnap any and all westerners and try and bargain for him back. It also doesn't give him a shrine for them to worship, or make a martyr out of him.

And we've been over this ad nauseum.

Care to debunk these two?

Pick another thread and I'll post again.

He died years ago
    Please source for this.

I think he's partially correct here. The taliban nearly handed him over to Saudi Intelligence but backed out at the last minute as at that point Bin laden was getting a lot of exposure.
    I think it was jason Burke who said that Bin Laden may only be number two in the pecking order but it was his use of the internet and being public about attavks that brought him to the fore.

I don't know Dave....I'm not going to get into a whole new discussion about 911. When a plane crashes or comes apart in mid-air, engineers and technicians don't just gather up all the bits, dump them in a furnace and say "Well, the plane crashed. Everyone's dead. Deal with it". They piece the thing together and start tests on every square millimeter of the thing. They recreate conditions. They test batches of all the rivets that were used in that aircraft. They do an engineering equivalent of an indepth autopsy.
    And I don't think it's a bit redundant to test the metal on a building that was the first in history to allegedly collapse from fire. Surely engineers and architects would want to know what they got wrong.
    I know I would. But carting off the evidence for disposal pretty much put paid to that exercise.

He died years ago

In those instances the bodies are being preserved to return home to their families and loved ones.

In Muslim tradition it's important to bury the body quickly.

In both instances the bodies are being handled with upmost respect.

No they're not. They're exhaustively compiled, studied and respected.

I can show you instances were the findings of the NIST report into WTC are used by skyscraper architects and engineers to redesign buildings in the wake of its findings.

So no I reject your claim that they are "highly dubious"

Thats horrible and vile. But they came out of a investigation. and found
    General Hood’s report also uncovered 15 cases in which detainees were found to have deliberately mishandled copies of the Koran.

This strikes me as a organisation which understands and respects Muslim beliefs.
    I'm not pointing the finger at the military regarding that dummy in Florida. He could easily have been told to cease and desist by Washington

Yeah, but no.

Are you aware of the 1st Amendment?

The US government emphatically cannot tell him to cease and desist
    but they knew that they could benefit from his bullshít, i.e. to come across as sympathetic to Muslim taboos but also to appear as champions of free speech.

Again sorry you're simply wrong. It would be a violation of the 1st Amendment to "slap a gag order".

• Advertisement

He died years ago
    Care to debunk these two?

Pick another thread and I'll post again.

Steven Jones claims it was nano thermate. Its a non existent compound.

More

http://www.debunking911.com/jones.htm

(If you're just going to post youtube videos and not have the courtsey to explain yourself, I'll just point you to a website.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Rumple Fugly

Definately something a bit fishy about this so-called confirmed kill.

The US Military were tripping over each other to get their pictures taken with Saddam (although he was still alive at the time) and yet they couldn't wait to get rid of the corpse of one of the worlds most wanted men without taking as much as a quick snap of him with a mobile phone!
    Another suspicious fact is that they only just found him now after all these years even though he's been hidden away in a modest(!) million dollar mansion with an 18ft wall surrounding it, and only a stones throw from a Pakistani police station and Military Academy. It must have been like looking for a football in a haystack!

The American people want to believe he's dead so they swallowed this story without question but the more cynical of us have to wonder about the quick disposal

(If you're just going to post youtube videos and not have the courtsey to explain yourself, I'll just point you to a website.

That's fine.

I've no problem with checking the link. I don't see why it's such a big deal for some people.

Back in a while.

He died years ago
    fontanalis wrote: »
    I think he's partially correct here. The taliban nearly handed him over to Saudi Intelligence but backed out at the last minute as at that point Bin laden was getting a lot of exposure.
    I think it was jason Burke who said that Bin Laden may only be number two in the pecking order but it was his use of the internet and being public about attavks that brought him to the fore.

No he's not his claim was
    Saudis ARE Arabs.

I'd like evidence that the Taliban didn't trust Wahabbists

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Really what are they? Nearly every news organisations like Al Jaazera are happy that they're authentic. It would be the journalistic scoop of the decade to prove otherwise.

You should read more. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Videos_and_audio_recordings_of_Osama_bin_Laden

And what should they do, parade the body about the place. Till when.

Explain exactly what the US government should have done with Bin Laden's corpse.
    Keep it. Get independent corroboration. Though independent and American foreign policy are usually mutually exclusive.
    Thats wonderful nuanced political insight.
    Pakistan have nuclear weapons, the country is awash with hotheads and the yanks, a sworn enemy of much if not most of the locals, barge in with no warning and conduct a military mission on their sovereign soil? "Nuanced" enough for you?
    Pakistan has already agreed to cooperate in the capture of Bin Laden. They harbour a lot more resentment for American drones killing Pakistani civilians willy-nilly than they they would get upset about Bin Laden being cornered, Remember, the Taliban and Pashtun tribesmen in the borderlands of Afghanistan and Pakistan are not Arabs. Bin Laden IS. They have no great affinity for him.
    If you go back to the mid-90's you will find that the Taliban have always viewed foreign Arab fighters in this region with suspicion and trepidation
    This is untrue. I know quite a number of Pakistanis and the Pashtuns in particular admire the man for standing up to the west as they see it. You want a conspiracy? The most wanted man in the world is living downtown in a major enough town in the biggest fortified compound in the place with military bases nearby and none of the locals knew? Eh no. Unlikely. Hes not some invisible BOnd villain(if he was actually there in the first place). Something or a few little things don't seem to add up. Now just major incompetence, collusion and pure dumb luck could be the explanations of course. Usually is.
    robtri wrote: »
    if they did not kill him, it a bit of a joke really then, considering bin laden would release a video saying he was alive, making the americans look like a laughing stock.......

be a stupid pointless exercise pretending he was dead......
    Eh not if they knew he died in some cave 5 or 8 years back. Scenario: One of your special forces teams kills him or finds his corpse under bombed out rubble. You keep the news to yourselves. He's better a live boogieman to keep the head of steam up in the War against Terror. His supporters won't know he's dead and will just assume he's slipped away, like the Islamic Pimpernel he is. Fast forward. The war is going so so, but it's out of the news and coffins are still coming home to heartland USA and resentments i building up. Cue Hollywood stylee raid to capture(but really kill) him. The bury him at sea citing Muslim ritual(yea right). You already have his DNA, In any event he has a huge extended family, any one of whom you could claim was a sampe of his DNA. How can you tell anymore? He's feeding the fishes(or not there at all). For me it does sound very fishy, or its monumentally daft of the US intelligence service.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

And Dave, they didn't burn for "hours". Maybe 45 minutes each...maybe an hour. That tower in Caracas burned for something like 18 hours and was constructed of material inferior to the WTC and it still stood.
    So please, don't say they burned for hours when they didn't.

He died years ago
    That's fine.

I've no problem with checking the link. I don't see why it's such a big deal for some people.

Back in a while.

Well that's just to warm you up.

http://sites.google.com/site/wtc7lies/theyoughtaknowbetter%3Acritiquesoftheinept

I'd look at the entire site.

http://sites.google.com/site/wtc7lies/

He died years ago
    You should read more. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Videos_and_audio_recordings_of_Osama_bin_Laden

Keep it. Get independent corroboration. Though independent and American foreign policy are usually mutually exclusive.

Pakistan have nuclear weapons, the country is awash with hotheads and the yanks, a sworn enemy of much if not most of the locals, barge in with no warning and conduct a military mission on their sovereign soil? "Nuanced" enough for you?

This is untrue. I know quite a number of Pakistanis and the Pashtuns in particular admire the man for standing up to the west as they see it. You want a conspiracy? The most wanted man in the world is living downtown in a major enough town in the biggest fortified compound in the place with military bases nearby and none of the locals knew? Eh no. Unlikely. Hes not some invisible BOnd villain(if he was actually there in the first place). Something or a few little things don't seem to add up. Now just major incompetence, collusion and pure dumb luck could be the explanations of course. Usually is.

Eh not if they knew he died in some cave 5 or 8 years back. Scenario: One of your special forces teams kills him or finds his corpse under bombed out rubble. You keep the news to yourselves. He's better a live boogieman to keep the head of steam up in the War against Terror. His supporters won't know he's dead and will just assume he's slipped away, like the Islamic Pimpernel he is. Fast forward. The war is going so so, but it's out of the news and coffins are still coming home to heartland USA and resentments i building up. Cue Hollywood stylee raid to capture(but really kill) him. The bury him at sea citing Muslim ritual(yea right). You already have his DNA, In any event he has a huge extended family, any one of whom you could claim was a sampe of his DNA. How can you tell anymore? He's feeding the fishes(or not there at all). For me it does sound very fishy, or its monumentally daft of the US intelligence service.

I got the below from another site. it's suppsoed to be an email from Mike allen at politico.
    Obama rejected original plan for bombing; wanted proof - Navy SEALS held two rehearsals last month, with war cabinet monitoring from White House - Raid planned for Saturday but pushed off a day because of weather - Chopper stalled as it hovered over the compound - Forces blew it up and left in a reinforcement craft -- How the fiery raid went down, as told to Playbook by senior administration officials: The compound -- about an acre, with a three-story house - is in Abbottabad, a suburb of the Pakistani capital, Islamabad. Officials were very suspicious of the 12- to 18-foot-high walls, and seven-foot wall on the upper balcony. Residents burned their trash, and there was no telephone or Internet connection to the compound, valued at $1 million. But officials never had anything directly proving that Osama bin Laden was living there. The U.S. had discovered the compound by following a personal courier for bin Laden. Officials didn't learn his name until 2007, then it took two years to find him and track him back to this compound, which was discovered in August 2010. "It was a "Holy cow!" moment," an official said.
    The original plan for the raid was to bomb the house, but President Obama ultimately decided against that. "The helicopter raid was riskier. It was more daring," an official said. "But he wanted proof. He didn't want to just leave a pile of rubble." Officials also knew there were 22 people living there, and Obama wanted to be sure not to kill all the civilians. So he ordered officials to come up with an air-assault plan. The forces held rehearsals of the raid on April 7 and April 13, with officials monitoring the action from Washington. As the actual raid approached, daily meetings were held of the national security principals, chaired by National Security Adviser Tom Donilon, and their deputies, chaired by John Brennan, the president's counterterrorism adviser. At an April 19 meeting in the Situation Room, the president approved the assault, in principle, as the course of action. He ordered the force to fly to the region to conduct it. On April 28, just after his East Room announcement that CIA Director Leon Panetta would be succeeding Robert Gates as Defense Secretary, the president held another meeting in the Situation Room, and went through everyone's final recommendations. He didn't announce his decision at that time, but kept his counsel overnight.
    At 8:20 a.m. Friday, the president informed National Security Adviser Tom Donilon that he was authorizing the operation. Donilon signed a written authorization to CIA Director Leon Panetta, who commanded the strike team. The raid was scheduled for Saturday, but weather pushed it to yesterday. The Navy SEALs arrived at the compound at 3:30 p.m. ET yesterday and were gone by 4:15 p.m. Obama monitored the operation all day from the Situation Room, surrounded by Donilon, White House Chief of Staff Bill Daley, Deputy National Security Adviser Denis McDonough, Secretary of State Clinton, Secretary of Defense Gates, Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Mike Mullen, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, and others. Panetta was at CIA headquarters, where he had turned his conference room into a command center that gave him constant contact with the tactical leaders of the strike team.
    The helicopter carrying the assault force appeared to stall as it hovered over the compound, producing heart-stopping moments for the officials back in Washington. Aides thought fearfully of "Black Hawk Down" and "Desert One," the failed Iranian hostage rescue mission. The pilot put the bird down gently in the compound, but couldn't get it going again. The assault force disembarked. "They went ahead and raided the compound, even though they didn't know if they would have a ride home," an official said. The special forces put some bombs on the helicopter and blew it up. Bin Laden resisted the assault force, and was shot in the face during a firefight. With the team still in the compound, the commander on the ground told another commander that they had found Osama bin Laden. Applause erupted in Washington. Reinforcements came and picked up the SEALs, who had scavenged every shred and pixel of possible intelligence material from the house. U.S. forces took photographs of the body, and officials used facial-recognition technology to compare them with known pictures of bin Laden. It was him.

What date is that debunking from, and what paper are they talking about? I posted a 2010 video.

Do you wanna pick another thread?

• Advertisement

He died years ago

I have read it all. And I should point out. I've freelanced for Al Jazeera.

Al Jazeera believe it's bin Laden.

How, and from who. What exactly would you want?

Not even close.

The US have been conducting military operations within Pakistan borders for over a decade.

Why should this be different?

A surgical strike completed within a hour and the leader of terrorist organisation is killed.

If he was in Pakistan, Baghdad or Birmingham the US government would have gone ahead with it.

Advertisement