Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israeli apartheid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Mr. SS

wes wrote: »
    Again, your statement is untrue. There have been prolonged periods, with little or not rocket fire from Gaza.
    Your point falters so you decide to switch it to "fatal rocket attacks". The rocket attacks are almost continuous.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Palestinian_rocket_attacks_on_Israel,_2010
    No, I stated fact about the actions of people Israels electorate have elected, and shown there leaders to be no better than the Palestinians.
    So you basically twisted the argument, as previously.
    What Jordan did, isn't the current topic. Israel took the land from the pre-exisiting indigenous populace via ethnic cleansing.
    And which state was it?

Your claims are getting funnier and funnier. Are you denying the findings of the Human Genome project? Look get back to me when you can back up your claims with some scientific evidence. I already provided my evidence in the form of a link to the Human Genome project, which you ignore for some bizarre reason. Suffice to say that all Humans are 99% the same, regardless of race. This is a proven fact. Get back to me, when you can disprove this.
    Show me where I claimed that the races were not the same species please? You claiming I said things that I did not is very frustrating.

African people are born with more melanine in their skin to protect them from the sun. Are you denying that that is a biological difference? Inca men cannot grow beards, are you denying that is a biological difference? Because it is.

You said yourself. 99% the same. 1% not, why would you deny a difference and then accept one?

**edit** another which says humans basically the same with minor biological differences, which is what i claimed: http://www.prometheism.net/articles/race03.html
    No, race is not biological, and stating something is true does not make it so. Now show me some scientific evidence to support you nonsensical claims, and you also need to debunk the Human Genome projects findings while your at it btw.
    http://www.charlesdarwinresearch.org/TaxonomicConstruct.pdf

Rushton opens that if society didnt come up with "race" then science would have had to:

"The answer to the question posed in the title of this paper is “yes.” If the concept of race
    didn’t exist, science would have to invent it (and did)! Race is a valid taxonomic construct
    because it allows us to make predictions about people’s behavior, especially at the group level."

And even that race is predictive:

"In science, a concept is useful if it groups facts so that general laws and conclusions can
    be drawn from them. Predictions can be made using the taxonomic category of race because, on average, the Chinese, Japanese, and Koreans are similar to each other and different from White Americans, Germans, and Russians, who are similar to each other and different from Black Americans, Haitians, and sub-Saharan Africans. Predictability is the criterion by which the value of a hypothetical construct like race is evaluated. As I will show, race is highly predictive."

I'm finished talking about this. Its too obvious and off topic.
    You are making no sense what so ever here. How can it be based on Religion if there atheists. Sorry, but what your saying is utterly nonsensical.
    read again. They prove that they are jewish, or are descendents of jews. As you say, how could the authorities even prove someones racial purity? thats nazi talk. They couldnt, but you can prove religious ancestry through weddings etc... therfore once again it is religiously based.
    So you are actually arguing that antisemitism is not racism?
    I cant understand how someone who doesnt believe in race finds this a surprise! once again, discrimination on religious grounds=religious discrimination. it is not a difficult concept.

Many words are taken out of their original meaning. How can it be racism, what race are jews?
    The fact still remains, Israel considers Jews to be a race, and its laws are based around this consideration, hence Israel is racist,
    No it is not. Its funny how you have doubted information from Israel before but you will not budge on this.

Even I can accept: not everything Israel says is true!!! just because they say jews are a race does not magically morph africans, russians and americans into the same race!
    and even if what you say is true, a bigoted state is no better than a racist one. Either way, Israel treatment of the Palestinians is unacceptable.
    Ive already said that several times.

paulaa wrote: »
    I'm surprised at you calling the Talmud "just "an old book". It is THE holiest book in Judaism and aren't children taught to follow it's teachings from an early age ?
    It is not comparable with the Koran which gives even stricter details of how to deal with infidels. thats why i didnt mention it. they cancel each other i believe.
    The military censor has to pass most articles that appear on online editions of the Israeli newspapers.
    Israel is no longer a shining example of press freedom and freedom of speech in the Middle East.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/israel-ranks-low-for-freedom-of-press-after-gaza-war-media-ban-1.5765
    not camparable. israelis have some of the ighest internet usage in the world.
    It would be difficult for Gazans to access to anything be it information, electricty, water, homes etc. israel's 3 year seige and complete blockade of Gaza sees to that.

Examples of Israeli children taught to hate, there's quite a few examples all over YouTube while the inglorious IDf stands by and does nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaiUE-wkE4U&feature=related
    not comparable. can you show a cartoon beamed on national television which glorifies and encourages the killing of muslims please?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

More Palestinian homes destroyed in Gaza by riot police and bulldozers.

http://arabnews.com/middleeast/article54490.ece;jsessionid=41A9261912A99395E5AB9B39E95B86A6
    police wielding clubs beat and pushed residents out of dozens of homes in the southern Gaza town of Rafah on Sunday before knocking the buildings down with bulldozers, residents said.

Wonder if there are any photographs of those evil oppressive Palestinians?

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

Mr. SS wrote: »
    It is not comparable with the Koran which gives even stricter details of how to deal with infidels. thats why i didnt mention it. they cancel each other i believe.

not camparable. israelis have some of the ighest internet usage in the world.

not comparable. can you show a cartoon beamed on national television which glorifies and encourages the killing of muslims please?

You can't just write off any belief system whose main theme is death, destruction and the dehumanization of the "enemy". The point is you are trying to paint Israel as whiter than white. I showed you that it is no better than it's neighbours when it comes to hatred. The Koran, Talmud and even the Bible all teach hatred, death and oppression depending how they are interpreted. Judaism is the only religion afaik that uses holy texts to justify land theft and to rid a land of it's indigenous peoples.

All internet, phone and other forms of communication in Israel is monitored.
    atm they won't let the iPad into the country for "security reasons" !!!

A cartoon is very mild compared to what's happening in real life. Israel is practicing what the Talmud preaches on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Irlandese

anymore wrote: »
    Wes I have noticed you have a tendency o absent yourself from threads when some quotes from Holy books are posted and I have lost count of the number of times you have said you are not going to reply to any more of my posts !
    That is hardly debating !
    Hi Anymore,
    Yes, WUZ is not interested in exchange of points of view or debating. S/he is only
    interested in what one might call "spouting off". S/he obviously has a deep need to
    argue, however illogically or absurdly, as with the "race does not exist as a differentiation, it is only a social construct" clap-trap. Your own reasoned and intelligent contributions are dissected and parsed and "not replied to" in a manic piece-meal fashion, that reminds me of one of the typical behaviours of certain dementia patients in psychiatric hospitals, where they continually tear paper tissues into strips and drop them all over the place, like confetti.
    Yes, Wuz ( wes) is a confetti stripper alright. Forget logic, truth, reason or even consistency. S/he is here to metaphorically shred paper, not to seek any solutions or even to discuss the specifics of any thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Your point falters so you decide to switch it to "fatal rocket attacks". The rocket attacks are almost continuous.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Palestinian_rocket_attacks_on_Israel,_2010

Your own list shows that rockets attack are hardly constant as you claim.
    So you basically twisted the argument, as previously.

I twisted nothing actually. I was just showing Israels elected leaders are hardly any better than the Palestinian ones, but apparently a couple of 1000 dead Palestinians at the hands of one of Israel leaders isn't as bad as Hamas, for some odd reason.
    And which state was it?

I made no claims about a state. I said the pre-existing indigenous populace, are you denying the existence of a pre-existing indigenous populace? Also, them nothing having a state, doesn't give Zionists the right to engage in ethnic cleansing. The existence of a state or not is irrelevant.
    Show me where I claimed that the races were not the same species please? You claiming I said things that I did not is very frustrating.

African people are born with more melanine in their skin to protect them from the sun. Are you denying that that is a biological difference? Inca men cannot grow beards, are you denying that is a biological difference? Because it is.

Nope not denying the difference, just that the difference is meaningless. Sure, I am taller than some people, that doesn't mean I am a seperate race or anything like that. Again, racial difference is a social construct, we could just as easily say race is about height and it would make as much sense.
    You said yourself. 99% the same. 1% not, why would you deny a difference and then accept one?

**edit** another which says humans basically the same with minor biological differences, which is what i claimed: http://www.prometheism.net/articles/race03.html

http://www.charlesdarwinresearch.org/TaxonomicConstruct.pdf

Rushton opens that if society didnt come up with "race" then science would have had to:

"The answer to the question posed in the title of this paper is “yes.” If the concept of race
    didn’t exist, science would have to invent it (and did)! Race is a valid taxonomic construct
    because it allows us to make predictions about people’s behavior, especially at the group level."

And even that race is predictive:

"In science, a concept is useful if it groups facts so that general laws and conclusions can
    be drawn from them. Predictions can be made using the taxonomic category of race because, on average, the Chinese, Japanese, and Koreans are similar to each other and different from White Americans, Germans, and Russians, who are similar to each other and different from Black Americans, Haitians, and sub-Saharan Africans. Predictability is the criterion by which the value of a hypothetical construct like race is evaluated. As I will show, race is highly predictive."

I'm finished talking about this. Its too obvious and off topic.

The 99% difference is between all Humans regardless of race. You really do need to read what I say. Also, culture is how we an predict behaviour of certain groups.

Also, are your source peer reviewed, you know like the Human Genome project? From what I read, they haven't been.
    read again. They prove that they are jewish, or are descendents of jews. As you say, how could the authorities even prove someones racial purity? thats nazi talk. They couldnt, but you can prove religious ancestry through weddings etc... therfore once again it is religiously based.

No, they talk about being born to a Jewish mother. Its very clearly a racial thing.
    I cant understand how someone who doesnt believe in race finds this a surprise! once again, discrimination on religious grounds=religious discrimination. it is not a difficult concept.

Many words are taken out of their original meaning. How can it be racism, what race are jews?

No it is not. Its funny how you have doubted information from Israel before but you will not budge on this.

Even I can accept: not everything Israel says is true!!! just because they say jews are a race does not magically morph africans, russians and americans into the same race!

Strange then, that anti-semitism is described as racism by pretty much everyone, but yourself.

Israel, considers Jews to be a race, and there own laws confirm this, and on that basis I call the state racist. I never said Israel saying Jews are a race is true, as it doesn't actually matter. So how about reading what I say, instead of making some ridiculous excuses for Israels pretty straight forward and blatant racism. They run there state along racial lines, and whether those lines are real or imagined, it doesn't change the fact that the government considers them real, and runs the state along those lines, which is the same arguement I have made several times, which you refuse to address for some bizarre reason.

Creating a state, along racial lines, whether real or imagined is racist, plain and simple.
    Ive already said that several times.

Fair enough, must have missed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

You can't just write off any belief system whose main theme is death, destruction and the dehumanization of the "enemy". The point is you are trying to paint Israel as whiter than white. I showed you that it is no better than it's neighbours when it comes to hatred. The Koran, Talmud and even the Bible all teach hatred, death and oppression depending how they are interpreted. Judaism is the only religion afaik that uses holy texts to justify land theft and to rid a land of it's indigenous peoples.

A cartoon is very mild compared to what's happening in real life. Israel is practicing what the Talmud preaches on the ground.

Surely the I Pad issue has been resolved ?
    I keep saying it , Israel is judged as a first World Country, whilst all about it are despotic contries with lttle or no repect for human rights and they are ignored - the number of deaths caused by Shiite / Sunni rivalry is multiples of the deaths caused by the Israel/Palestine conflict and this is simply ignored.
    Hamas is an oraganisation dedicated to wiping out Israel. it is a client of Iran which is similiarily dedicated to destroying Israel and funds and supplies hamas. Hamas is fascist in nature, it has murdered numerous of its own palestinian people and is intent on setting up a religous state regardless of the desires of the palestinian people.
    And after all of this it is israel which is the bad guy !

You can't just write off any belief system whose main theme is death, destruction and the dehumanization of the "enemy". The point is you are trying to paint Israel as whiter than white.
    Only in regards to this point. I have continuosly accepted and not apologized for when israel has done bad things.
    I showed you that it is no better than it's neighbours when it comes to hatred. The Koran, Talmud and even the Bible all teach hatred, death and oppression depending how they are interpreted. Judaism is the only religion afaik that uses holy texts to justify land theft and to rid a land of it's indigenous peoples.
    I am not going to get into a debate about holy books. I am too pasionate about it and I will end up very frustrated... Maybe after the exams!
    And? is you tube banned? or other forms or non state media as it is in Gaza.
    Cartoon's have a profound affect on children, or so my developemental psychology lecturer says, I would tend to believe her as most people i know can still sing the jingles from cartoons they stopped watching fifteen years ago and from a time when their brains werent fully developed.

There is absolutely nothing mild about using the MASS media to endoctrinate children to violence, children who are not even old enough to play on the streets. It doesnt not compare with Jewish children living at a flashpoint and seeing it for real.

How you can dismiss this after accusing me of dismissing a point is mythering!

Your own list shows that rockets attack are hardly constant as you claim.
    we must have different views on what constitutes constant.

I twisted nothing actually. I was just showing Israels elected leaders are hardly any better than the Palestinian ones, but apparently a couple of 1000 dead Palestinians at the hands of one of Israel leaders isn't as bad as Hamas, for some odd reason.
    You did indeed, I asked you a yes or no question and you come back with this.

I made no claims about a state. I said the pre-existing indigenous populace, are you denying the existence of a pre-existing indigenous populace? Also, them nothing having a state, doesn't give Zionists the right to engage in ethnic cleansing. The existence of a state or not is irrelevant.
    I never said you made a claim I simply asked what state was there. There must of been one no? Just bandit country?

Nope not denying the difference, just that the difference is meaningless.
    In science, no difference is meaningless, they are all acounted for.
    The 99% difference is between all Humans regardless of race. You really do need to read what I say. Also, culture is how we an predict behaviour of certain groups.
    im sure you meant to say simularity there, there cudnt be a 99% difference!!!

Thats what ive been saying all along, where have you gotten that i dont agree with that statement?
    No, they talk about being born to a Jewish mother. Its very clearly a racial thing.
    And how would you prove your mother was racially Jewish?

Strange then, that anti-semitism is described as racism by pretty much everyone, but yourself.
    The zionist lobby! wacha gona do!
    Israel, considers Jews to be a race, and there own laws confirm this, and on that basis I call the state racist. I never said Israel saying Jews are a race is true, as it doesn't actually matter. So how about reading what I say, instead of making some ridiculous excuses for Israels pretty straight forward and blatant racism. Creating a state, along racial lines, whether real or imagined is racist, plain and simple.

Fair enough, must have missed it.
    I will let your vocabulary mishap slide. For the third time: I ACCEPT ISRAEL SHOULDNT TREAT PALESTINIANS DIFFERENTLY. Why dont you read what i say actually, Im a lot clearer.

Islamic Holy Books validate the rights of Israelis to the Holy Land so from the religous point of view, if you are Islamic, then surely you must accept Israelis as apart of the indigenous peoples of this region !
    It is catch twenty Two here I am afraid !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Your point (.....) times.

Is there any particular reason you ignore my posts?

Irlandese wrote: »
    Hi Anymore,
    Yes, WUZ is (.....) Wuz (.....).

It gets bad enough here without that kind of crap.

Nodin wrote: »
    Is there any particular reason you ignore my posts?
    Sorry Nodin Im not being rude, just by the time I reply to the other two Ive forgotten what Ive said to you!

You only posting the bare minimum of my replies doesnt help refresh the brain either!

Sorry Nodin Im not being rude, just by the time I reply to the other two Ive forgotten what Ive said to you!

You only posting the bare minimum of my replies doesnt help refresh the brain either!

I find it's neater.

In your own time.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65939469&postcount=592

we must have different views on what constitutes constant.

I would call constant, rockets on a daily basis. Still, it should be pointed out that Israel siege, has not stopped during this period either.
    You did indeed, I asked you a yes or no question and you come back with this.

You were trying to make the Israeli's to be some how better than the Palestinians due to the Palestinians electing Hamas. I just pointed out that the Israeli's aren't any better, considering some of the people they have elected.
    I never said you made a claim I simply asked what state was there. There must of been one no? Just bandit country?

There was the Palestinian Mandate at the time. Surely, you must be aware of this.
    In science, no difference is meaningless, they are all acounted for.

In the context of the concept of race, it is meaningless. You are picking arbitrary attributes, and constructing a concept of race around it. Constructing such a concept around height, would have equal validity for example.
    im sure you meant to say simularity there, there cudnt be a 99% difference!!!

Apologies,mean 99% similarity.
    Thats what ive been saying all along, where have you gotten that i dont agree with that statement?

Fair enough.
    And how would you prove your mother was racially Jewish?

Best to ask the Israeli government. Its there crazy rules not mine.
    The zionist lobby! wacha gona do!

That definition existing long before Zionism....
    I will let your vocabulary mishap slide. For the third time: I ACCEPT ISRAEL SHOULDNT TREAT PALESTINIANS DIFFERENTLY. Why dont you read what i say actually, Im a lot clearer.

There really is no need for the use of capitals, I didn't say you supported Israels treatment of Palestinians, and already accepted that you don't. So I find you reaction puzzling.

My arguement is that the treatment is racist, and nothing more.

By Hamas!

This report has been around since yesterday but I am surprised that it has not been commented on.

The cynic might say that people only care when it is Israel doing the destroying.

Quote:

See new thread on Hamas aparthied !

More racist incitement from an Israeli politician:
    Jews, Arabs Debate Internal Arab Threat and 2-State Solution

--SNIP--
    Eldad told Kempinsky that if the two-state solution is implemented in Judea and Samaria, “it whets the Arab appetite for another two-state solution in the Negev, and in the Galilee, and in Jerusalem, etc… This is the ‘stage by stage’ program foreseen by Arafat. The Jews must stop burying their heads in the sand and recognize that the Arabs in Israel are our enemy, and wish the Jewish state of Israel to disappear.”
    --SNIP--

An entire ethnic group are an enemy. What a wonderful and progressive democracy in action.

**EDIT**
    Also an update on the treatment of Human Rights activists by Israel from Amnesty posted a few days ago:
    Israel must stop harassment of human rights defender

12 May 2010

Amnesty International has called on the Israeli authorities to end their harassment of a human rights activist whose week-long detention by the Israeli authorities was extended today.

Ameer Makhoul, a Palestinian citizen of Israel, was arrested in a dawn raid at his home in Haifa, northern Israel, by the Israeli security services and police on 6 May. He has been charged with "contact with a foreign agent" on the basis of “secret evidence”.

"Ameer Makhoul is a key human rights defender, well-known for his civil society activism on behalf of the Palestinian citizens of Israel," said Philip Luther, Deputy Director of Amnesty International's Middle East and North Africa Programme.

"His arrest and continued detention smacks of pure harassment, designed to hinder his human rights work. If this is the case, we would regard him as a prisoner of conscience call for his immediate and unconditional release.”

--SNIP--
    On 24 April, Omar Said, an activist with the NDA was detained by the Israeli authorities.

Initially a gagging order was imposed on the Israeli press to prevent reporting of Ameer Makhoul’s and Omar Said’s detentions.

The lifting of the order led to reports in the Israeli media on Monday that the arrests of both men related to accusations of spying and contact with a foreign agent from Lebanese group Hizbullah.

Ameer Makhoul has been the General Director of Ittijah, which works on behalf of the Palestinian community in Israel, since its foundation in 1995.
    --SNIP--

Click here for full article

Appaling situation, to arrest a man on "secret" evidence, and then the media gagging order is also disturbing. I taught Israel was a "progressive democracy", but all this detention of Human Rights activists with secret evidence and media gagging orders, is similar to the actions of despotic regimes around the world.

More racist incitement from an Israeli politician:

An entire ethnic group are an enemy. What a wonderful and progressive democracy in action.

**EDIT**
    Also an update on the treatment of Human Rights activists by Israel from Amnesty posted a few days ago:

Appaling situation, to arrest a man on "secret" evidence, and then the media gagging order is also disturbing. I taught Israel was a "progressive democracy", but all this detention of Human Rights activists with secret evidence and media gagging orders, is similar to the actions of despotic regimes around the world.

Here is but a small sample of Hamas's tactics:
    Amnesty International said Hamas forces and militias were involved in a "campaign of abductions, deliberate and unlawful killings, torture and death threats against those they accuse of 'collaborating' with Israel, as well as opponents and critics". It said at least two dozen men had been shot by Hamas since the end of December and "scores of others" shot in the legs, kneecapped or beaten.Amnesty gave detailed accounts of some of the cases and said there was "incontrovertible evidence" that Hamas security forces and militia were "responsible for grave human rights abuses". Hamas officials have admitted hunting for suspected collaborators, but they have denied this campaign of attacks
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/feb/13/hamas-gaza-murders-abduction-torture

This isnt even referring to its attempts to completely wipe put Fatah activists, i.e fellow co religionists and and contrymen, which as been seen in many VIDs posted on these threads.

More example of Israel acting nothing like a "progressive democracy":
    Israel denies US academic Chomsky West Bank entry

Renowned US scholar Noam Chomsky has been denied entry to the West Bank by Israeli immigration officials.

Prof Chomsky, renowned for his work on linguistics and philosophy, was planning to deliver a lecture at Birzeit University.

Prof Chomsky, 82, had been trying to enter from Jordan.

An Israeli interior ministry spokeswoman said it was to trying to clear the matter up and allow Prof Chomsky to enter.

Prof Chomsky said the officials were very polite but he was denied entry because "the government did not like the kinds of things I say and they did not like that I was only talking at Birzeit and not at an Israeli university too."

He added: "I asked them if they could find any government in the world that likes the things I say."

Prof Chomsky's Palestinian host for the visit, Mustafa al-Barghouti, told Reuters: "This decision is a fascist action, amounting to suppression of freedom of expression."

Click here for full article

I wonder what danger an 82 year old Lingust could possible be to Israel? I guess Israel can't quite handle fierce criticism from an old man.

I would call constant, rockets on a daily basis. Still, it should be pointed out that Israel siege, has not stopped during this period either.
    when it comes to running for cover for your life i think weekly is horrific enough. Why did Israel begin the siege by the way?

In the context of the concept of race, it is meaningless. You are picking arbitrary attributes, and constructing a concept of race around it. Constructing such a concept around height, would have equal validity for example.
    Acknowledging a species ability to adapt to its surroundings is not a social construct.

Ill ask you again, do you accept that African people have evolved dark skin in order to protect them from the sun? There is nothing "socialy constructed" about this question and as saying no effectively denies the theory of evolution, I dont know how you could.

http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=BpL8V2YJkQ4C&oi=fnd&pg=PR11&dq=black+skin+protects+from+sun&ots=y2PA4sP072&sig=Xq0qZaqfigCmQdIrwLKI8rhAiDw#v=onepage&q=black%20skin%20protects%20from%20sun&f=false

construct me a concept on height if you please, Id love to see what it would look like.
    My arguement is that the treatment is racist, and nothing more.
    My argument is that it is religious discrimination. Tell me, how do the Israeli authorities racially distingush between the jews and arabs? They can't, because as you said yourself, race doesn't exist for one, and the racial differences between jews and arabs are so small. They distingush by religion, by first name, by family name wether its israeli or arab. Race has nothing to do with it.

I would also put forward the hypothesis that it suits your argument to use the term "racist" as it carries more political economy than the term "religiously discriminatory".

• Advertisement

...firstly, I take it that you believe that Israel is securing land for itself in the OT, going on that statement.
    Yes.
    Secondly - Israel can and does implement its laws on its own citizens in the OT, and has a form of martial law - one without the protections of the Geneva convention - for the Palestinian population. There is also a seperate set of regulations and procedures with regards to building, land, use of resources etc.
    As no state became fully independent from Israel, all lands within palestine (the land which Israel originally claimed) would therefore be Israel's no? Egypt illegally took gaza and jordan illegally took the west bank, both should be part of Israel anyway, given that no state has emerged. Just a thought.

You realise the wall isn't just restricted to around and near Gaza.....?

...actually it's annexed Arab East Jerusalem by act of the Knesset. The wall effectively annexes parts of Gaza and the West Bank.
    Yeas Im aware, as said previously, is it not just taking back land that Jordan/Egypt took from it?

when it comes to running for cover for your life i think weekly is horrific enough. Why did Israel begin the siege by the way?

They did it after Hamas ousted Fatah, after the US back coup against Hamas.
    Acknowledging a species ability to adapt to its surroundings is not a social construct.

Race is a social construct. Evolution isn't. 2 different things.
    Ill ask you again, do you accept that African people have evolved dark skin in order to protect them from the sun? There is nothing "socialy constructed" about this question and as saying no effectively denies the theory of evolution, I dont know how you could.

http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=BpL8V2YJkQ4C&oi=fnd&pg=PR11&dq=black+skin+protects+from+sun&ots=y2PA4sP072&sig=Xq0qZaqfigCmQdIrwLKI8rhAiDw#v=onepage&q=black%20skin%20protects%20from%20sun&f=false

construct me a concept on height if you please, Id love to see what it would look like.

Firstly you put any Human in the sun, and there skin will darken over time, and the descendants skins will darken more so. We all react the same way to our environment, but the fact remains, that a African is 99% the same as another African, and the same African would be 99% the same as a European. This has been proven by the Human Genome project, and is a established fact. Now when you can debunk this, I will take your claims seriously.
    My argument is that it is religious discrimination. Tell me, how do the Israeli authorities racially distingush between the jews and arabs? They can't, because as you said yourself, race doesn't exist for one, and the racial differences between jews and arabs are so small. They distingush by religion, by first name, by family name wether its israeli or arab. Race has nothing to do with it.

Race, has everything to do with it actually. The discriminate against all Palestinians be they Christian, Muslims, or Atheist.
    I would also put forward the hypothesis that it suits your argument to use the term "racist" as it carries more political economy than the term "religiously discriminatory".

Its really simple, Israel considers Jews to be a race, and discriminates against others on that basis. Being Jewish can be both a Religous and racial identity, and both concept exists in Israel. This is a reality which you deny for your own purposes.

Now, I would put it to you, that your denial of the fact of Israel racism is that it suits your argument, and allows the denial of the state of Apartheid that exists in Israel.

Now, if you look at the various links I posted, you will see Israeli politicans very oftern refer to Arabs, or Palestinians and not Muslim and Christians. They refer to racial groups very openly, and this is covered in the world media again and again. So your denial of this basic fact is extremly puzzling, as leads me to believe, you are doing so to deflect criticism of racism, as it is far more damaging than Religous discriminations, which incidently also occurs in Israel.

As no state became fully independent from Israel, all lands within palestine (the land which Israel originally claimed) would therefore be Israel's no? Egypt illegally took gaza and jordan illegally took the west bank, both should be part of Israel anyway, given that no state has emerged. Just a thought.

So, you think Israel should keep all the land? Do you think there is a de facto single state in existence (e.g Noam Chomsky being denied entry in the West Bank, which Israel should have no right to do)? As it stands there are 2 systems of justice, and hence why Israel is considered an Apartheid state by more and more people.

Also, if Israel is to keep all the land should the Palestinians be given equal rights? Also, how do you think Zionists will react, if Palestinians vote for the creation of a state of all its citizens, as opposed to a Jewish one? How about the Palestinians voting to extend the right of return to all those stateless Palestinian refugee's?

So, you think Israel should keep all the land? Do you think there is a de facto single state in existence (e.g Noam Chomsky being denied entry in the West Bank, which Israel should have no right to do)? As it stands there are 2 systems of justice, and hence why Israel is considered an Apartheid state by more and more people.

Also, if Israel is to keep all the land should the Palestinians be given equal rights? Also, how do you think Zionists will react, if Palestinians vote for the creation of a state of all its citizens, as opposed to a Jewish one? How about the Palestinians voting to extend the right of return to all those stateless Palestinian refugee's?

Why not and lets give the Sudeten Germans the right of return to their Homeland in Czechoslovakia as well as all those deported from thier homes at the end of the second World War 11. Except of course there isnt much interest in that, is there ?

I taught this was interesting news from a few days ago:

Gaza rally raises Palestinian reconciliation hopes

Hopefully, the 2 sides, can reconcile there difference, and work together to better the lot of there people, and bring Israel vile Apartheid to an end once and for all, and achieve a lasting peace between the 2 peoples.

Yes.

As no state (......)it?

No body recognises that land as Israels.

You seem to have bypassed any mention of the treatment of the Palestinians therein.

anymore wrote: »
    Why (....), is there ?

So you think its ok for Israel to exist and take in persons who they deem have a 'right of return' (even though their ancestors may have been expelled by the Romans) yet are implying that it's riduculous for the Palestinians to want the same right?

Why is that? And yes, I will go on ad nauseam until I get an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Irlandese

Hi Noddy,
    Are you still on about this stuff? What about all the chances to address this, including Oslo, that Arafat left fall off the table?
    By all accounts now out in the open, he seems to have been much more interested in playing with his boyfriend/bodyguard than advancing the needs and rights of poor palestinians, while he operated his own internal apartheid, with his Fatah mafia and family in the ascendancy and poor forgotten palestinians a poor third after the boyfriend.
    Any comments here from you or wuz? What about the millions of dollars he used to keep the token cover-up wife and her court in luxury in Paris all those years?
    What about all those palestinians who made fortunes on the backs of their brothers and worked to block any progress towards a homeland to keep their fortunes intact?
    Come on, show you read a bit more than cartoons from Hamas !

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Irlandese wrote: »
    Hi Noddy,
    Are you still on about this stuff? What about all the chances to address this, including Oslo, that Arafat left fall off the table?
    By all accounts now out in the open, he seems to have been much more interested in playing with his boyfriend/bodyguard than advancing the needs and rights of poor palestinians, while he operated his own internal apartheid, with his Fatah mafia and family in the ascendancy and poor forgotten palestinians a poor third after the boyfriend.
    Any comments here from you or wuz? What about the millions of dollars he used to keep the token cover-up wife and her court in luxury in Paris all those years?
    What about all those palestinians who made fortunes on the backs of their brothers and worked to block any progress towards a homeland to keep their fortunes intact?
    Come on, show you read a bit more than cartoons from Hamas !

The poster Nodin is not called "Noddy", nor is wes called "wuz". Using a distortion of their username to insult them is both obvious and, like all insults, unacceptable.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement

They did it after Hamas ousted Fatah, after the US back coup against Hamas.
    The question was why? Not when.
    Firstly you put any Human in the sun, and there skin will darken over time, and the descendants skins will darken more so. We all react the same way to our environment,
    By your theory the Boers of South Africa should now be black considering they have been there for 350 years (but no, they still look Dutch) it takes longer than you seem to suggest. If you agree with the premise of adaptation (which is the precursor to evolution) why not just say "yes" instead of dragging out another point.
    but the fact remains, that a African is 99% the same as another African, and the same African would be 99% the same as a European. This has been proven by the Human Genome project, and is a established fact. Now when you can debunk this, I will take your claims seriously.
    Please show me where I denied the HGP. Please show me where I denied humans are 99% the same across all races.

Race, has everything to do with it actually. The discriminate against all Palestinians be they Christian, Muslims, or Atheist.
    You havnt offered how they identify other races.

Its really simple, Israel considers Jews to be a race,
    Well they are not a race plain and simple. Here's a book for you: Its called the Myth of the Jewish Race, http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=Xt7f6WBEP0EC&oi=fnd&pg=PR13&dq=are+jews+a+race&ots=tJWi_c2dcD&sig=toT7pWn-uLzi-cOJCT24iANIchg#v=onepage&q=are%20jews%20a%20race&f=false
    Now, I would put it to you, that your denial of the fact of Israel racism is that it suits your argument, and allows the denial of the state of Apartheid that exists in Israel.
    Ah I see, apatheid also is closely tied in with racism so religious discrimination just wouldn't fit it perfectly.
    you are doing so to deflect criticism of racism, as it is far more damaging than Religous discriminations, which incidently also occurs in Israel.
    So you accept that racism has more political economy than religious discrimination. All forms of discrimination are as bad as each other. You shouldn't be vying to obtain a term which does not aply to a situation just because it is more powerful in public discourse.

Advertisement