Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cup of tea

Options
  • 11-08-2009 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

just wondering what all you fabulous and wonderful ladies of ladies lounge like to have with a cup of tea heheheh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

An optional jaffa cake perched on the side...like a brave soldier stading to attention?

Since starting WW, this has been the hardest habit to kick. Drinking tea...on its own :eek:

If I wasn't on WW, or in the bould aul days, I'd enjoy a kitkat, and use it as a straw to suck the tea up...then melty goodness.

Ugh.
    Man, being thin better be worth it! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

Am I the only one who doesnt drink tea???The whole world seems to be obsessed with it!!!
    Tastes like dirty water imo! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Nope, I'm not a tea drinker either. Also don't like coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

personally my mrs love to sit down with a mug of tea pack of biccies a fag n copy of the latest best or bella watchin ricky lake hahahaheheheheheh:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

me neither!!
    I really only drink hot drinks if im sick/freezing in the middle of winter or else its Costa hot chocolate with marshmallows! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

2x ginger nut biscuits

34 cent for a pack from Lidl :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

At last, I'm not the only one!!

I forget I drink black tea, and then someone suggests it and makes me a cuppa.
    And I'm the happiest person in the world ever. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭stiff kitten

love tea alone but also goes well with a snack in the mouth or sucking it up through a penguin bar is heaven! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

Sometimes there's nothing nicer than a cup of tea! Mostly drink it in the winter but it's a real comfort drink if you're feeling down or miserable (must be why most Irish love it). Bourbon Creams would be the compliment of choice. Love how the biscuit goes all soft but the cream bit in the middle doesn't as quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

While I dont drink it, surely somebody out there loves a fig roll with them?? fig rolls... *drools*

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

While I dont drink it, surely somebody out there loves a fig roll with them?? fig rolls... *drools*

Fig rolls on their own!! *licks lips*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Just tea. Either strong black or green, the odd time with milk. I'd go 10 cups a day easy peasey. If tea is good for you can call me superman, plus I'm more wired on the caffeine buzz than most coffee guzzlers. :D I tried to give it up for fun a while back. The headaches!:eek: after just one day. A mate who gave up coffee reckoned t'was the caffeine withdrawal as he had the same.

I'm brewing one up as we speak......

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lin lin

Am I the only one who doesnt drink tea???The whole world seems to be obsessed with it!!!
    Tastes like dirty water imo! :eek:
    have you tried really nice sorts of tea? i'm not a big fan of Barrys but i love green and black teas, or Earl Grey, mmm

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Regular aul cup of tae will do me, either digestives with butter on em or ginger nut biscuits:D

Although i usually eat lots of bread when having tea for some reason...

Nyom!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

black tea with honey, nom nom

preferably with some small chocolate or a chocolate hobnob for dipping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

not a fan of this single cup business, i prefere to make 2. As for biscuits, there's nothing that beats a chocolate hob nob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

Wibbs wrote: »
    Just tea. Either strong black or green, the odd time with milk. I'd go 10 cups a day easy peasey. If tea is good for you can call me superman, plus I'm more wired on the caffeine buzz than most coffee guzzlers. :D I tried to give it up for fun a while back. The headaches!:eek: after just one day. A mate who gave up coffee reckoned t'was the caffeine withdrawal as he had the same.

I'm brewing one up as we speak......

if for some reason i dont get to have my morning cup of tea, i get a blinding headache, i thought i was full of **** for thinkin it was because i didnt have tea, but its the only possible reason!!

now, what i like with my tea varies - but i think a twix used as a straw is probably the best variant for me! mmmmmmmmmmmm, so gloopyhomnommy good. :D

oh and it HAS to be barrys!! lyons is weak piss!!

aaarggghh this is torture!! i don't have any bickies!!..

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

My God this thread has me craving biscuits... :(

A chocolate digestive, nyom, or a chocolate hobnob, double nyom

Off for tea now, methinks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Anything sweet basically. If any of ye know the Elite bakery in Maynooth, that's my favourite place for a cup of tea with an apple slice...yum!

Has anyone been in the tea room on the quays? Only noticed it there a few weeks ago! is it all fancy tea?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I also enjoy a cheddar & granny smith apple sandwich with a cup of earl grey.

nom.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Anything sweet basically. If any of ye know the Elite bakery in Maynooth, that's my favourite place for a cup of tea with an apple slice...yum!

ah yes, the food poisoning bakery

the coffee mill all the way please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

bluewolf wrote: »
    ah yes, the food poisoning bakery

the coffee mill all the way please

i will admit their savoury food doesn't look that appetising... but how could you go wrong with an apple slice? apart from leaving peel on the apples of course *shudder*

(sorry guys not in Dublin:)

my favourite coffee shop is the one in phoenix park, they have looovely flourless cakes, and the savoury food is yummy too, they do the best quiche i've had anywhere in dublin..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

tea with two chocolate diguestives :cool: mmmm *drools*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

love tea alone but also goes well with a snack in the mouth or sucking it up through a penguin bar is heaven! :)
    Yum, so good :)

For me: Tea, very little milk, absolutely no sugar, chocolate for dipping. You can forget your biscuits.

Yum, so good :)

For me: Tea, very little milk, absolutely no sugar, chocolate for dipping. You can forget your biscuits.

mate:P

hey nobody mention bowl of honey loops whats up :eek::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

mate:P
    Tea Party!!! :D

Advertisement