Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the most expensive DVD of all time?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

muffler wrote:
    I ordered this:

4 x 24 box sets for €7.49 each for 3 of them and €5.99 for the 4th one (€37.49 each on site now)
    1 x west wing season 7 box set at €20.99 (€59.99 now)
    1 x Just Cause PS2 game at €19.49 (€37.49 now)

Edit; €68.94 was charged to my credit card so that would work out right (for me)
    €229.44 would be the correct price
    All the above order has now arrived and I take back everything ever I said in the past about Play.com :D

It would be an understatement to say I'm happy :):):):):):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,035 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Rest of my stuff came this morning. PLAY.COM RULES!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Wow, looks like I was wrong. I figured all expensive hardware orders would be cancelled but I didn't think DVD and game orders would go through either. Perhaps a few, but not most of them.

Just goes to show you how important reputation is for a company.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,035 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Wow, looks like I was wrong. I figured all expensive hardware orders would be cancelled but I didn't think DVD and game orders would go through either. Perhaps a few, but not most of them.

Just goes to show you how important reputation is for a company.

Maybe they had a list of people who'd emailed to complain about the Euro pricing policy and decided to let them off in order to gain future purchases from long time valued customers. I know I emailed them and I got €250 of stuff for under €50. Anybody else who got their stuff, did you send in a complaint before you ordered?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Funny you should say that. There was a seperate thread here about them charging in Euro only and I did send them off an email complaining about their exchange rate. I think I sent it the same day as this thread was started. I got a reply yesterday with this as part of it:
    We continue to endeavour to keep play.com as competitive as ever and we will be reviewing the Euros pricing on the site.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any confusion this change may
    have caused.

My take on all of this is that they knew they had a problem with the pricing for a few hours and I think that they looked at the order history of individuals and decided that because they had spent X amount of money over Y number of years that it would be better to give them the goodies at the mad prices rather than loose their custom.

Maybe they also took into consideration the fact that long standing customers had complained about the Euro pricing and then to deny them an order (even if it was the wrong price) would result in loosing that customer.

Final point - would they have been insured against this loss? Perhaps they could claim a bit of compo from the insurers of the firm who were updating their website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

All of mine was just cancelled, thats seems to be a pretty fast delivery time for Play, normally take longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

you're right, it was a crazy fast delivery time for them. usually its at least a week, this took a couple of days?

maybe it's industrial sabotage! cdwow gremlins!

Advertisement