Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,877 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

May as well add Daniel Bryan in there too and becky lynch and charlotte

Is Brian Danielson not Daniel Bryan's real name ??

• Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I meant if the hbk razor match hadn't been a ladder match and just a normal wrestling match Bret and Owen match would have been a better match. The Ladder match was a memoral match but not the one match that people think of when they think of WM X.

The hbk razormatch at summerslam wasn't even the main event and Owen and brets cage match was one of the main events along with the underfaker match.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Bam Bam Bigelow and Lawrence Taylor, perhaps? Bigelow is his actual surname.

Honourable mention yes and it crossed my mind but I meant full names. They never called Bigelow by his full name on TV.
    eh i dunno wrote: »
    Bret Hart V Owen hart

Not the main event. Probably the best mania opener ever though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

LeeJM wrote: »
    And funnily enough when Bret and Owen had their big Cage Match to blow off the feud that card was stolen by another Shawn vs Razor Ladder Match.

The Cage match was Summerslam 94. The ladder match was Summerslam 95.

On the topic of real names, some have been great. Rick Rude's real name is Richard Roode. Ric Flair is Richard Fleihr.

Omackeral wrote: »
    And funnily enough when Bret and Owen had their big Cage Match to blow off the feud that card was stolen by another Shawn vs Razor Ladder Match.

On the topic of real names, some have been great. Rick Rude's real name is Richard Roode. Ric Flair is Richard Fleihr.
    Yeah i knew that flairs in ring name is a different spelling of his real name.
    I didn't know about rude though. Interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Omackeral wrote: »

You are right. Watched both of them recently so thats why they are joined in my mind.

Random thought, Apollo Crews has been a bust on the main roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Has the talent but lacks the charisma to be a loveable babyface and just smiles too.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Crews was rushed up to the roster far too soon. It's a similar situation to Lashley. When Lashley was in developmental they tried to hide him from Vince because they knew as soon as Vince saw his physique they would put him straight on the main roster - which is exactly what happened. But at least with Lashley there were plans for him, and he was able to work with a ring general like Finlay. There were no plans for Crews and he was left to flounder - which he has.

It's amazing that they rush a guy like Crews to the main roster before he's ready and yet leave guys like Joe and Nakamura and Roode down in NXT for ages, when all of those guys have all of the tools necessary to be a success on the main roster at this moment.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Crews was rushed up to the roster far too soon. It's a similar situation to Lashley. When Lashley was in developmental they tried to hide him from Vince because they knew as soon as Vince saw his physique they would put him straight on the main roster - which is exactly what happened. But at least with Lashley there were plans for him, and he was able to work with a ring general like Finlay. There were no plans for Crews and he was left to flounder - which he has.

It's amazing that they rush a guy like Crews to the main roster before he's ready and yet leave guys like Joe and Nakamura and Roode down in NXT for ages, when all of those guys have all of the tools necessary to be a success on the main roster at this moment.

Himself and Corbin should have been left in developmental for at least another year to work with the likes of Joe, Nakamura and Roode.

Random thought of the day, Tye Dillinger should be pushed up to the main roster. He's talented in the ring and has a gimmick the fans love to get behind.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Dunno if it's entirely that he should have been left in development although he would be doing better there, WWE just don't seem to know how to book a guy like him. I mean to me he is (sorry if this somehow comes of as racist even though I can't see how...) the Black Neville. Both guys are hugely talent and athletically can do thinks 90% of the roster could only dream of but they are never given anything. If they weren't on different brands I wouldn't be surprised if they were put into a tag team together.

My random thhought is I think Slater & Rhyno will drop the tag titles to The Usos in a TLC match which also includes American Alpha at SDs next PPV (which is obviously Decembers TLC PPV)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

Shawn Michaels' real name is Michael Shawn Hickenbottom.

I know maryse has been living in the USA a few years now and she didn't speak English(or at least not fluently) before she got to WWE but listening to her talk of the most recent episode of talking smack on the network. I think her accent has changed completely as well as her English being light years better.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,343 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kevin Owens didn't speak English either if I remember right he learned it from watching RAW as a teenager.

Kevin Owens didn't speak English either if I remember right he learned it from watching RAW as a teenager.

Yeah but KO still sounds French Canadian with his accent. I was kind of taken aback by how little maryse sounded like she did when she first was on WWE Tv.

Actually does Renee young speak French ? Her real second sounds French.

Also after me mentioning the Bret and Owen match from wm 10 I just finished watching it and it's weird to hear Jerry enthusiastic and into it and the bigger shock was Vince using the word wrestler and actually calling the moves correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Is Brian Danielson not Daniel Bryan's real name ??

It is but if Shawn Michael's made it on the list as a real name then so should Bryan! Just depends on how strick you want to be about it.

764dak wrote: »
    Shawn Michaels' real name is Michael Shawn Hickenbottom.

Don't blame him for changing his name to Shawn Michael's with that short of name lol

11th Anniversary of Eddie Guerrero today. One of the all time greats taken way before his time. Remember checking WWE.com after school (smart phones/social media weren't as widespread in 2005) and thinking it was a mistake. Remember before he died he was in a tag team with Batista and I was expecting him to have been faking the friendship and turn on Batista

Not wrestling related but today's marks the 1st anniversary of the Paris attacks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Well, looks like Linda might actually be in politics afterall.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Linda-McMahon-Considered-for-Secretary-of-Commerce-Sources-401008686.html

Lord almighty, help us.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Well, looks like Linda might actually be in politics afterall.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Linda-McMahon-Considered-for-Secretary-of-Commerce-Sources-401008686.html

Lord almighty, help us.

If she did get a position that high up in the US government, imagine how safe WWE programming would become?

Couldn't have anything even slightly dodgy coming back at her.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

J. Marston wrote: »
    If she did get a position that high up in the US government, imagine how safe WWE programming would become? Couldn't have anything even slightly dodgy coming back at her.

I'm more worried that a woman that ran for Senate not knowing what the minimum wage was in her State, and former CEO of a company that fired those looking to unionise so they could be classed as EMPLOYEES, would be in a serious position of power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Donald gathering together all the people who took stunners worse than him it seems.....

As it turns out, Linda's $6 million donation to Trump's campaign might have had something to do with all this. And they said the Clinton Foundation was a Pay to Play charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The absolute bang of crony-ism off the potential Linda McMahon appointment. Thats politics folks, its not what ya know....

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Random thought: I wonder if those Emmalina vignettes are going to lead to a big swerve.

The last time I remember a wrestler taking this long to appear was Brodus Clay, where they had vignettes of him as a badass played to metal music - only for him to show up dancing to 'Somebody Call My Momma'.

I wonder if this will be a similar deal and 'The makeover of Emma to Emmalina' will turn out to be some gothic makeover like this:

Gothic-Clothing-07.jpg

I would actually get a kick out of that. And then she could bury everyone for ogling her former self.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Well that's not good for vader. I mean imagine being told you've got two years to life ?

Also I know it's past midnight in ireland but it's till yesterday in the US. So happy birthday to the late great macho man randy savage.

Noeline Foley must be secretly adopted or something, Shes a lot better looking than the rest of the foley kids

Happy Bday Macho Man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,343 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Noeline Foley must be secretly adopted or something, Shes a lot better looking than the rest of the foley kids

Happy Bday Macho Man

Mrs Foley was a looker in her day god knows how cactus jack landed her still makes me scratch my head.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement