Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭briany

I wonder who Vince is voting for in the presidential election today? His best mate, Donald Trump? Or the woman his wife tried to be (the Republican version of), Hillary Clinton?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭Riddle101

briany wrote: »
    I wonder who Vince is voting for in the presidential election today? His best mate, Donald Trump? Or the woman his wife tried to be (the Republican version of), Hillary Clinton?

I heard Linda contributed money to Trump's campaign, so I would say the McMahons support Donald Trump. They always came off as Republicans anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When will they drop the "Live" from Smackdown Live? Really stood out on Raw when they kept saying Team Raw versus Team Smackdown Live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I heard Linda contributed money to Trump's campaign, so I would say the McMahons support Donald Trump. They always came off as Republicans anyway.

Jeez, not a good look. They're total republicans and doubtlessly voted Trump, I get the feeling a pretty large number of wrestling people in general did even by general right wing leaning wrestling standards, but for a company with such a large global and (especially) hispanic audience, they'd want to keep a bit of a distance from that guy for a while.

and now, some clips from Vince's response to Linda losing something like $100 million on the senate bids

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Jeez, not a good look. They're total republicans and doubtlessly voted Trump, I get the feeling a pretty large number of wrestling people in general did even by general right wing leaning wrestling standards, but for a company with such a large global and (especially) hispanic audience, they'd want to keep a bit of a distance from that guy for a while.
    Actually pro wrestling's fanbase is among the more liberal ones according to some survey (I can't find it at the moment, though).

• Advertisement

Actually pro wrestling's fanbase is among the more liberal ones according to some survey (I can't find it at the moment, though).
    Fanbase, and probably a lot of the younger wrestlers, but I meant wrestling people as in people in the industry. Damn near all the older guys are either conservative as f*ck or some deranged kind of libertarianism (which is understandable giving their lifestyles tbh).

The fanbase leaning liberal is probably partially down to how diverse of an audience it attracts too. A hell of a lot of people who have very good reason to hate Donald Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭briany

CastorTroy wrote: »
    When will they drop the "Live" from Smackdown Live? Really stood out on Raw when they kept saying Team Raw versus Team Smackdown Live

I like the name Smackdown Live. I think the alteration of the name helps to demarcate it from the staid, B-show it has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I'd say Vince's conservative leanings are down to him being super rich and Republicans tend to look after them and not be concerned about closing the income gap. If Trump was elected then one of the few policies we know is that there'd be reduced taxes for the likes of Vince whereas the middle-class would be expected to make up the difference. Plus he knows the guy and they've done business for nearly 30 years.

Fanbase, and probably a lot of the younger wrestlers, but I meant wrestling people as in people in the industry. Damn near all the older guys are either conservative as f*ck or some deranged kind of libertarianism (which is understandable giving their lifestyles tbh).
    Or you get folks like Jessie Ventura where you're like...what?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

briany wrote: »
    I like the name Smackdown Live. I think the alteration of the name helps to demarcate it from the staid, B-show it has been.

But then you have tonight's episode which isn't live. :)

• Advertisement

Well, Flair voted...guess who he voted for.

5L52lEA.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Well, Flair voted...guess who he voted for

Surprised he didn't put Charlotte's name instead.

I'm trying to imagine how I would have reacted if someone told me following Wrestlemania 23 that the guy I watched take a bad Stone Cold Stunner would one day be the most powerful figure in the world. Incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,118 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

A WWE Hall of Famer is looking like he'll the next president of the United States.

Vince must be doing cartwheels.

Rhyno didn't win his seat in Michigan either and was handily beaten.

At least we get to see him remain on Smackdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,962 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Rhyno didn't win his seat in Michigan either and was handily beaten.

At least we get to see him remain on Smackdown.

So that's why he wasn't at SD this week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

All of these female NXT presenters/interviewers are very similar. Quite petite, brunette, Hispanic looking. Someone must have a type.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,962 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Goldberg (Bill Goldberg)
    Mr McMahon (Vince McMahon)
    Stephanie McMahon
    Shane McMahon
    Shawn Michaels
    Mick Foley
    Brock Lesner
    John Cena
    Chris Jericho
    Kevin Owens

Are there anymore WWE stars who use part or there whole real life name ???

I always wonder do officials call the wrestlers by there stage names or real names backstage ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

May as well add Daniel Bryan in there too and becky lynch and charlotte

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Brian Kendrick
    Kofi
    Heath Slater
    Big E (I guess?)
    Mark Henry
    Orton

• Registered Users Posts: 21,367 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Rich Swann
    TJ Perkins
    Kenny from Spirit Squad
    Miz (sort of)
    Natalya
    Maryse
    Paul Heyman

Think there's more than that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Brock Lesnar vs Kurt Angle was the first WrestleMania main event to feature two wrestlers using their real names I believe.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Brock Lesnar vs Kurt Angle was the first WrestleMania main event to feature two wrestlers using their real names I believe.

Bam Bam Bigelow and Lawrence Taylor, perhaps? Bigelow is his actual surname.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Bret Hart V Owen hart

• Registered Users Posts: 39,639 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Bret Hart V Owen hart
    And it was the first one and one of the best wrestlemania matches ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Itssoeasy wrote: »

It was a good match but it wasnt even the best match on that WrestleMania never mind one of the best WM matches ever.

LeeJM wrote: »

It was a good match but it wasnt even the best match on that WrestleMania never mind one of the best WM matches ever.
    I'm assuming you're talking about the ladder match ? The ladder match was a good match but take the ladder away and Owen and Bret had a better match than hbk and razor did.

I'm assuming you're talking about the ladder match ? The ladder match was a good match but take the ladder away and Owen and Bret had a better match than hbk and razor did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

What do you mean take the ladder away? It was a Ladder Match, your point is nonsensical. Owen and Bret told a good story and it was a good match, but thats all it was. The Ladder Match had a great story with the 2 IC Titles, it had action years ahead of its time and in hindsight it is a match that inspired many of the generation that followed. When people think of WrestleMania X the first thing they think of is Shawn vs Razor. And funnily enough when Bret and Owen had their big Cage Match to blow off the feud that card was stolen by another Shawn vs Razor Ladder Match.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement