Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Xenji wrote: »
    Try in the 40's in Gran Canaria or when I was in New York in 2011, it is a whole different kind of heat.

'Em no thank you... R U TRYNNA KILL ME!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

sryanbruen wrote: »
    'Em no thank you... R U TRYNNA KILL ME!!!

No Irish person is prepred for that sort of heat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Try 40 with 99% humidity and a 1 degree drop at night:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Try in the 40's in Gran Canaria

Humidity drops to nothing in the canaries when that heat arrives, which comes from a easterly flow from the Sahara.

No Irish person is prepred for that sort of heat.

You think.... Ireland's all-time highest temperature is only 33c :pac::pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Humidity drops to nothing in the canaries when that heat arrives, which comes from a easterly flow from the Sahara.

They have a relative humidity of over 70% all year round on its average temperatures, but when it goes above the average it gets seriously oppressive, even at 40% or lower it feels worse than what we get here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭pauldry

30mm of rain in markree past 4 hrs 3.0mm in sligo town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

Did I hear right that the heatwave will reload this weekend?

Status yellow rainfall warning issued:

Rainfall Warning for Longford, Westmeath, Leitrim and Roscommon
    Intense slow moving showers giving over 25 mm in a short time locally overnight.
    Issued:Monday 13 June 2016 23:40
    Valid:Monday 13 June 2016 23:00 to Tuesday 14 June 2016 09:00

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

I love the heat,38 degrees in Vegas, perfect but its different having to do day to day tasks and holidaying in the climate. The lack of sun here though is just ****. 20 degrees is the sweet spot between liveable and also enough to do every outdoor activity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

pauldry wrote: »
    30mm of rain in markree past 4 hrs 3.0mm in sligo town

It has not stopped raining all night, there's gonna be some big totals. That big "blob" on radar is just staying there jiggling about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Sister live in Fuengirola in Spain and the temp yesterday was 38 degrees.

Check out the live webcams from Fuengirola there are several of the with live stream temp there is 28 degrees

https://www.webcamfuengirola.com/webcam%20paseo/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Sister live in Fuengirola in Spain and the temp yesterday was 38 degrees.

Check out the live webcams from Fuengirola there are several of the with live stream temp there is 28 degrees

https://www.webcamfuengirola.com/webcam%20paseo/

I'm going back there late September, haven't visited Fuengirola in over 10 years, hopefully the weather will still be really nice by then!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Will be in Benalmadena(beside fuengirola) in spain in early september myself. Cant wait for a bitta 30 degrees+

• Registered Users Posts: 10,099 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

STATUS YELLOW

Rainfall Warning for Connacht, Dublin, Carlow, Kildare, Kilkenny, Laois, Longford, Wexford, Wicklow, Offaly, Westmeath, Clare, Cork, Limerick, Tipperary and Waterford
    Heavy thundery downpours could lead to rainfall accumulations of 20 to 30mm and localized flooding this afternoon and early evening.

Issued:Tuesday 14 June 2016 14:00
    Valid:Tuesday 14 June 2016 14:00 to Tuesday 14 June 2016 20:00

Another rainfall warning!

"Rainfall Warning for Connacht, Dublin, Carlow, Kildare, Kilkenny, Laois, Longford, Wexford, Wicklow, Offaly, Westmeath, Clare, Cork, Limerick, Tipperary and Waterford
    Heavy thundery downpours could lead to rainfall accumulations of 20 to 30mm and localized flooding this afternoon and early evening.

Issued:Tuesday 14 June 2016 14:00
    Valid:Tuesday 14 June 2016 14:00 to Tuesday 14 June 2016 20:00"

Torrential downpour here in West Clare between 14:30 and 15:10

STATUS YELLOW

Just in a minute before me!

I knew there was a reason why these clouds are so thick here at Grange! :rolleyes:

These daily rainfalls are shocking yesterday

Markree Castle: 33.5mm
    Knock Airport: 26.6mm
    Mt. Dillon: 17.2mm
    Gurteen: 15.8mm
    Oak Park: 13.7mm

This is what I warned in my Summer predictions! I said for June:

"Dry and warm but thundery downpours at times"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

This is what I warned in my Summer predictions! I said for June:

How is the rest of June and early July looking for SW Ireland?

• Advertisement

How is the rest of June and early July looking for SW Ireland?

For the rest of June, I am expecting fairly changeable conditions. However, I'm not just going to leave it off with that like most meteorologists say :pac: because I like to be specific. For the 14th-20th, I think you know what is going on - due to what MT is saying, unsettled and cool 'til the 18th and then unsettled on the 19th again but not cool. The period 21st-23rd I am thinking will continue unsettled and warm - sorry. Potential 23c around the 22nd, really depending on the sun. Then I am expecting an Azores high to be up at us sometime around the last full week with temperatures rising fast. This would give away to one of, it not the equal warmest June on record with 1976. It could bring lots of sunshine especially around the 28th/29th I am thinking.

The start of July is looking fine actually. It is looking very warm or potentially hot. If there won't be much sun - though I highly doubt that, the humidity will make it feel hot. After a very few days, it could break down though as the humidity and hot could spark off very heavy downpours with some potential very wet days - this is just based off of weather theory. BUT I am predicting the driest July in 32 years so it will most likely continue dry and sunny with hot conditions.

This is just a shot in the dark though. Mother Nature could change her mind and make me look like a fool here and do the opposite of what I said.

Ireland hasn't had a full dry July since 1989 - every single station drier than normal.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Not a bad day here, dry for the most part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Awful evening here lashing rain cloud down to the ground. Those 10/11 great days starting to fade rapidily

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just a bit of drizzle on and off here today, no rain since about 4, evening was cloudy until around 9 when some of it broke up some of the cloud, and it was dry :)

For the rest of June, I am expecting fairly changeable conditions. However, I'm not just going to leave it off with that like most meteorologists say :pac: because I like to be specific. For the 14th-20th, I think you know what is going on - due to what MT is saying, unsettled and cool 'til the 18th and then unsettled on the 19th again but not cool. The period 21st-23rd I am thinking will continue unsettled and warm - sorry. Potential 23c around the 22nd, really depending on the sun. Then I am expecting an Azores high to be up at us sometime around the last full week with temperatures rising fast. This would give away to one of, it not the equal warmest June on record with 1976. It could bring lots of sunshine especially around the 28th/29th I am thinking.

The start of July is looking fine actually. It is looking very warm or potentially hot. If there won't be much sun - though I highly doubt that, the humidity will make it feel hot. After a very few days, it could break down though as the humidity and hot could spark off very heavy downpours with some potential very wet days - this is just based off of weather theory. BUT I am predicting the driest July in 32 years so it will most likely continue dry and sunny with hot conditions.

This is just a shot in the dark though. Mother Nature could change her mind and make me look like a fool here and do the opposite of what I said.

Imagine I was right with these very hot (Ireland standard) conditions? :eek:

Had knee deep floods today. 200 kids trapped in school , houses and cars destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭highdef

Had knee deep floods today. 200 kids trapped in school , houses and cars destroyed.

Athlone?

highdef wrote: »
    Athlone?

Cabra

• Advertisement

9c at Dublin airport at 1:30.

Been a while since I seen a temperature in the single figures.

Advertisement