Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stena to UK €1 book by 18th [Expired]

Options
  • 15-03-2016 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

Ferry travel on Dublin-Holyhead, Belfast-Cairnryan or Rosslare-Fishguard routes
    Offer available for foot passenger journeys only
    Book by 18 March 2016
    Travel up until 16 December 2016

Handy if you can get a lift or bus or hire a car or use the train or whatever tickles your fancy :D:D

http://www.stenaline.ie/1eurodeal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Single only?
    Are they going to leave everyone over there?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

No you can book return same price

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Single only?
    Are they going to leave everyone over there?

Same deal

3518xw2.jpg

http://www.stenaline.co.uk/1pounddeal

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Never been on Stenaline.
    is it necessary to book a cabin for EUR 30 ? Is there enough space/entertainment for a 3 hour journey otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,823 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If only duty free was still there :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,945 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

suave.4u wrote: »
    Never been on Stenaline.
    is it necessary to book a cabin for EUR 30 ? Is there enough space/entertainment for a 3 hour journey otherwise?

Not much entertainment but no need to book a cabin, buy a book or bring a tablet/laptop and watch some movies/shows. The wifi won't let you access any streaming or media intensive sites so you'll need to have them pre loaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Del2005 wrote: »
    Not much entertainment but no need to book a cabin, buy a book or bring a tablet/laptop and watch some movies/shows. The wifi won't let you access any streaming or media intensive sites so you'll need to have them pre loaded.

cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Awesome OP, there's 4 of us heading over in a car in April, i just booked the car for myself only and booked the other 3 as foot passengers, saved around 180euro!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

Ferry travel on Dublin-Holyhead, Belfast-Cairnryan or Rosslare-Fishguard routes
    Offer available for foot passenger journeys only
    Book by 18 March 2016
    Travel up until 16 December 2016

Handy if you can get a lift or bus or hire a car or use the train or whatever tickles your fancy :D:D

http://www.stenaline.ie/1eurodeal

How much do they normally charge ?

Simon2015 wrote: »
    How much do they normally charge ?

I do the route a LOT as am from North Wales, a bog standard foot passenger fare is normally around 44euro one way

If you're getting a train to a further destination that's far away, say London, then it's still worth getting the Rail & Sail as a train ticket, open return as Rail and Sail Tickets are, can cost upward of 100stg from Holyhead.

But for a cheeky little trip to North Wales this 1euro offer really is a no brainer

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    I do the route a LOT as am from North Wales, a bog standard foot passenger fare is normally around 44euro one way

If you're getting a train to a further destination that's far away, say London, then it's still worth getting the Rail & Sail as a train ticket, open return as Rail and Sail Tickets are, can cost upward of 100stg from Holyhead.

But for a cheeky little trip to North Wales this 1euro offer really is a no brainer

44 Euro is rip off you could fly to London for that price.

Then fly to London then, some people would prefer not to fly

A Rail and Sail is 90euro return to London, chill out, take as many bags with you as you want and stretch your legs as much as you like

Then fly to London then, some people would prefer not to fly

A Rail and Sail is 90euro return to London, chill out, take as many bags with you as you want and stretch your legs as much as you like

You wont get to central London for €90.00 return by flying anyway, not a hope, sail/rail way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 23,426 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Kind of useless if you are going to Wales. Have a fear of flying, etc. Have a heavy piece of luggage, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,426 ✭✭✭✭ted1

There all long sailings, are there any fast sailings on offer , love to take the kids on a day trip but the two way just takes too long.

I'd easily pay double ;)

vicwatson wrote: »
    You wont get to central London for €90.00 return by flying anyway, not a hope, sail/rail way to go

I got to London city airport in January for 65 euro return, used the tube then.
    A lot less than 90 euro!

bubblypop wrote: »
    A lot less than 90 euro!

Again, that's shag all use to me if i want to go to Wales ;)

ted1 wrote: »
    There all long sailings, are there any fast sailings on offer , love to take the kids on a day trip but the two way just takes too long.

I'd easily pay double ;)

No, Stena no longer have a fast boat, they have a new boat on the route called 'Superfast X' but it's just a bit of name trickery, still 3 1/2hrs

Plenty to do on the boat nowadays though, kids area, free cinema (Jurassic World was one of the films last week)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Hurrah we're booked. Three of us for €6! Thanks OP

Again, that's shag all use to me if i want to go to Wales ;)

The only problem with this offer is that there is f**k all to do in hollyhead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Have a boards meet up :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Plenty of Irish have been unfortunate enough to have missed their ferry and been stranded in Holyhead and forced to drink themselves stupid in the Boston pub as the town is so depressing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭dodzy

Are ya mad? They have a LIDL !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Can i take a bicycle onboard, would i atill be considered a foot passenger?

bubblypop wrote: »
    A lot less than 90 euro!

Well done you. What's seldom is wonderful, never saw a flight to central London for anywhere next nor near that price

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Magic OP! 2 adults & 2 kids day-trip to the metropolis* of Holyhead for €8 return.

* point of the trip may not necessarily be the destination :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

Cheers op day trip booked for May..

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

dam i have no reason to go to england but feel this is too cheap to let pass up!! trying to convince mates for a trip sometime in next few months, cheap bus to manchester / liverpool from there for a weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭mirec

Not a single 1euro seat for sale on a rosslare fishguard or back route :(
    all of them for 39e pp

ojpEM5s.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

mirec wrote: »
    Not a single 1euro seat for sale on a rosslare fishguard or back route :(
    all of them for 39e pp

Book it from the panel on the deal page, getting the offer on that route fine.

Advertisement