Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭deisemum

I thinks it's a healthy diet for all the family to follow and it doesn't feel like a diet where you're often hungry and feeling deprived as it's more a healthy lifestyle.

You can make homemade stock without salt, it's cheaper too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Does anyone know if harvest morn benefits cereal (not cereal bars) can be used as hexb

The nutrition info is in the image.

Does anyone know if harvest morn benefits cereal (not cereal bars) can be used as hexb

The nutrition info is in the image.

I've got the Free Branded Foods 2016 book and there are a number of Harvest Morn cereals that are HexB but different amounts. Nearly all of them are 35g, the Bran Flakes is 40g.

deisemum wrote: »
    I've got the Free Branded Foods 2016 book and there are a number of Harvest Morn cereals that are HexB but different amounts. Nearly all of them are 35g, the Bran Flakes is 40g.

Is the benefits cereal in there ? I know you can use the cereal bars, but I can't find the actual cereal anywhere.

Is the benefits cereal in there ? I know you can use the cereal bars, but I can't find the actual cereal anywhere.

It doesn't have the word benefits included only in the bars.

• Advertisement

I've just checked on Syns Allowed facebook page and found them = original and with red berries, according to that page they're not a HexB but are 4.5 syns per 25g.

deisemum wrote: »
    It doesn't have the word benefits included only in the bars.

The nutritional info is really similar to bran flakes so I will use at as a hexB, if I start to gain I'll stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Anyone following the two chubby cubs page?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

ja1986 wrote: »
    Anyone following the two chubby cubs page?

I wasn't before you put this post up! Had a flick through and have now added it to my list. Thanks for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I've had two weeks of celebrating due to a big birthday with meals out, a couple of parties, way too much prosecco, copious amount of cakes and essentially reckless abandonment. So I'm 5.5lbs up. Did I mention I went completely off the rails?:o I think I needed the shock of the scales to drag me kicking and screaming back on plan so here I am. Let's hope it's a good week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

gubbie wrote: »
    I wasn't before you put this post up! Had a flick through and have now added it to my list. Thanks for the heads up!

Ya I'm not a fan of the big blog posts,but there is LOADS of recipes there so it will stop me getting bored eating the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Anyone have a recipe for low syn enchiladas? The Old El Paso kit is really high in syns but it was one of our favourite meals pre SW!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,170 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

We tried something like this last week. Wasn't great

http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/pasta-chicken-enchiladas#.Vuajf_mLTcs

Did try an amended Jamie Oliver 15 minute meal last night that was an Asian salad in broth with sticky sweet chili chicken that was amazing. Wotked out about 4 syns per dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Dodge wrote: »
    We tried something like this last week. Wasn't great

http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/pasta-chicken-enchiladas#.Vuajf_mLTcs

Did try an amended Jamie Oliver 15 minute meal last night that was an Asian salad in broth with sticky sweet chili chicken that was amazing. Wotked out about 4 syns per dinner
    Brilliant idea using pasta shells instead of tortilla! Will definitely try that!

Are most of you having a weekly cheat meal? I'm finding my husbands motivation is really starting to slide, I wonder would a cheat meal help. Although in case it's his sugar addiction that is the problem rather than lunches and dinners.

yeah, motivation cam waiver. SW kinda allows you the odd cheat meal (or night out, or whatver). It's supposed to get you into the mind frame of eating healthily when you can, but I don't know many that don't have either a night out or a take away once a week. As long as that night doens't 'derail' you, it's more likely to help int he long run as you won't feel deprived

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Made a sticky crispy sesame chicken this evening. It was lovely. 3 Syns for the portion but it was really yum! Being a fussy eater is a real pain in the butt and my dinners were getting very repetitive but it was definitely one I'll try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

I'm getting married November 17 , I want only want to loose about a stone and a half, my Fiance is looking to loose about 5 & 1/2 stone.

With slimming world is it feasible that she could loose that amount by christmas of this year ? also has anyone done the online only as neither of us a keen on going to like group meetings

its about 40 weeks to xmas and she's looking to lose 77 pounds (5 and half stone). So it's about 2 pounds a week. It's doable if she's ultra committed so it's up to herself

You don't really need an online membership if you're not going to group meetings as you'll find all the info here and elsewhere.

You're paying for the support of a group/consultant the other way.

If its not for here/you then fair enough but she/you won't lose the weight you want without making changes.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

Thanks Dodge

Yeah no happy to make the changes , we both just have manic jobs and travel allot so a group meeting wouldn't really fit the schedule

But will definitely look into the online plan now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I'm down 1.5lbs tonight.

One question - how does everyone's groups deal with Slimmer of the Week? We've had a load of consultants recently (until we find a permanent one). I've found some of them will give out the prize to the person that's lost the most that has stayed, but other consultants, if the slimmer of the week has left will raffle off the fruit.

I don't like when it's the latter. I think the former encourages people to stay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

gubbie wrote:
    One question - how does everyone's groups deal with Slimmer of the Week? We've had a load of consultants recently (until we find a permanent one). I've found some of them will give out the prize to the person that's lost the most that has stayed, but other consultants, if the slimmer of the week has left will raffle off the fruit.

In my group, it goes to the person who has lost the most and stayed.
    I was a visiting member at a group where the person who won had left, and the consultant went 'ok so it rolls over to the next group' which I thought was pretty awful!

dee_mc wrote: »
    In my group, it goes to the person who has lost the most and stayed.
    I was a visiting member at a group where the person who won had left, and the consultant went 'ok so it rolls over to the next group' which I thought was pretty awful!

There also saving money by only giving out one prize instead of two.

There also saving money by only giving out one prize instead of two.

SOTW prize is usually fruit etc donated by the members. Can't really roll over either!!

In ours you have to stay. Consultants are given the candidates and they should move down the list until everyone who's there is gone

I won it one week with a half pound as I was the only person to lose 2 weeks in a row of those who stayed

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

"Dodge wrote: »

In ours you have to stay. Consultants are given the candidates and they should move down the list until everyone who's there is gone

Same in ours. Is the list aplabetical in everyone else's group - my name starts with a T so I'm usually last or second last and consultant kind of rushes through me so she can finish up. I've never missed a week except from 2 hols and always stay apart from 4 or 5 times I weighed in but couldn't stay to group. Wish she'd mix it up a bit lol!

tk123 wrote: »
    Same in ours. Is the list aplabetical in everyone else's group - my name starts with a T so I'm usually last or second last and consultant kind of rushes through me so she can finish up. I've never missed a week except from 2 hols and always stay apart from 4 or 5 times I weighed in but couldn't stay to group. Wish she'd mix it up a bit lol!

In my group the consultant used to start at one side of the room and work her way around but people got bored with it and there were a few issues with people chatting loudly (it was like secondary school all over again some days!) so now she picks people at random from the system, it works well.

Dodge wrote: »
    SOTW prize is usually fruit etc donated by the members. Can't really roll over either!!

I won it one week with a half pound as I was the only person to lose 2 weeks in a row of those who stayed

In this case, there were 2 SW groups on the same day, say one at 11:30 and one at 1:30. Whoever won it at 1:30 group would have got a much larger bowl of fruit I guess! It was just a strange decision!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Well I finally joined slimming world yesterday!!! Any tips or tricks for staying on track???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

dee_mc wrote: »
    In my group the consultant used to start at one side of the room and work her way around but people got bored with it and there were a few issues with people chatting loudly (it was like secondary school all over again some days!) so now she picks people at random from the system, it works well.

It used to be random like that - I miss it lol!! I've been struggling a bit lately and didn't get a chance to speak last week because I was rushed through to finish group.. but had my say this week lol!

I find at times it's like 'target member, maintaining, bye bye'(!)

Our order is in the order people weigh in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Haven't posted in a while. My job was had its first seriously busy period of the year. I STS most weeks but I've since dropped another 3.5lb. Still looking to shift the final 1.7stone before Christmas. Its getting hard now :/ I'm back cooking more regularly now so hopefully I'll start shifting the lb soon.

Any recipe for the sesame chicken Wellyd?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement