Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Reon

New Home wrote: »
    Bridge to Therabithia is from 2007, The Spiderwick Chronicles from 2008....

Do you remember anything else?

umm there was a group of fairies living under the pond thing, and the little girl became friends with them, umm the town tried to protest around the pond, the fairies were human like kinda but they could change into fairy form, i think the girl fell into the pond and the master fairy guy saved her while the town people watched so they didnt find the need to kill them or something lol, ok the movie older around 1993-2003

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Reon wrote: »
    umm there was a group of fairies living under the pond thing, and the little girl became friends with them, umm the town tried to protest around the pond, the fairies were human like kinda but they could change into fairy form, i think the girl fell into the pond and the master fairy guy saved her while the town people watched so they didnt find the need to kill them or something lol, ok the movie older around 1993-2003

Some similarities in the following:

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭parc

I think it was produced in the 1950s or 60s, but it's in colour.

It's a horror

Set in a small English town

Ok here's the plot:

There's a girl who's beautiful on one side of her face but the other side is scarred/has a birthmark or something. She falls in love with this peasant guy and they start a relationship.

However, there's also three aristocratic hoodlums that terrorise the town. They're always drunk and causing trouble. At one point on the way home from the pub, they start singing cruel songs about the girl's face, outside her window. She's with the peasant guy at the time, and he's really mad.

A bit further on, the three hoodlums are drinking in a pub and refuse to leave at closing time. When asked to leave by the landlord they attack him and kill him. From here it gets a bit hazy. I think either the girl or the peasant guy catches them, so they kill him too...or maybe they frame the peasant guy and kill the girl.

Anyway, the girl somehow dies. Meanwhile, there's also this genius/crazy doctor, who lives in some kind of old castle building and he sets out to bring her back to life. She comes back to life and basically goes after the three hoodlums

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

It's a 1967 Hammer production, with Peter Cushing as Baron Frankenstein.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭parc

Yamanoto wrote: »
    It's a 1967 Hammer production, with Peter Cushing as Baron Frankenstein.

That's amazing! Peter Cushing, of course!

You know I've been searching for this for ages. Years ago I thought it had something to do with Frankenstein but could never find it on YouTube.

It's just a film I saw when I was about 14 or so, late one night. And over the years it just popped into my head on occasion, but I could never remember the name of it!

Thanks, I watch it again soon

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I posted about this before with no joy so here goes again.I remember this one scene from a horror film I saw on the telly years ago,dating from the 1970s or 80s.Think the story line had something to do with satanic stuff or demons.In the scene a wasp or bee which as far as I remember was supposed to be sent by the Devil flies in the window of a woman driving her car at night.It attacks her and in her efforts to swat it away the car crashes and explodes into flames.The police come upon the crashed car which is burnt out and still smouldering and a policeman nervously peers into it,we see the charred corpse of the woman in the driving seat.The next bit I'm a bit vague about,the corpse either comes to life or falls forward in the seat giving the cop a fright,and then the car bursts back into flames.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭George White

The Car 1977?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

darkdubh wrote: »
    I posted about this before with no joy so here goes again.I remember this one scene from a horror film I saw on the telly years ago,dating from the 1970s or 80s.Think the story line had something to do with satanic stuff or demons.In the scene a wasp or bee which as far as I remember was supposed to be sent by the Devil flies in the window of a woman driving her car at night.It attacks her and in her efforts to swat it away the car crashes and explodes into flames.The police come upon the crashed car which is burnt out and still smouldering and a policeman nervously peers into it,we see the charred corpse of the woman in the driving seat.The next bit I'm a bit vague about,the corpse either comes to life or falls forward in the seat giving the cop a fright,and then the car bursts back into flames.

Sounds like Dead and Buried (1981)

The Car 1977?
    Kev W wrote: »
    Sounds like Dead and Buried (1981)

Certain its neither of those though Dead And Buried does feature someone being burned alive,its not a woman though.It deffo had some kind of demonic/Satanic angle.The thing with the wasp is bugging me,its so unusual a concept in a horror film but Googling brings up nothing.I think the woman might have been investigating satanic activity and thats why she was killed,I only saw some of the film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

It sounds like Amityville 3. She had an envelope on the seat beside her, and it burst into flames. There was a purple bee in the car if I remember correctly. It sounds like this. I could be wrong though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I vaguely remember something like that, but I think it had more to do eigh a swarm of killer bees that had escaped from a lab. Then again, that could have been a completely different film...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭RichT

darkdubh wrote: »
    It sounds like Amityville 3. She had an envelope on the seat beside her, and it burst into flames. There was a purple bee in the car if I remember correctly. It sounds like this. I could be wrong though.

RoadhouseBlues is spot on. The scene from 55.20 is exactly as you described.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

I remember vaguely a film (from 80s or 90s I think) about aliens who eventually become US citizens, I can only remember two scenes, one where they drink throuhh their fingers and the very end scene showing the family of aliens driving in an open top car at the end, any ideas anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭RichT

GM228 wrote: »
    I remember vaguely a film (from 80s or 90s I think) about aliens who eventually become US citizens, I can only remember two scenes, one where they drink throuhh their fingers and the very end scene showing the family of aliens driving in an open top car at the end, any ideas anybody?

Not a film but sounds like Mork & Mindy TV series. Mindy drives an open top jeep in the opening credits, and Mork drinks through his finger.....

RichT wrote: »
    Not a film but sounds like Mork & Mindy TV series. Mindy drives an open top jeep in the opening credits, and Mork drinks through his finger.....

No it was definitely not Mork & Mindy, was a film with a family of 4 or 5 aliens, in the end when they were driving in the open top car (I have a feeling it was a pink cadilac) they were also wearing "human" clothes, was definitely a film!

GM228 wrote: »

Just solved it with a bit of googling!

It was Mac and Me, a sort of crude E.T type spin-off.

RichT wrote: »
    RoadhouseBlues is spot on. The scene from 55.20 is exactly as you described.

Thats it,thanks.Its been bugging me for years what that film was.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Hopefully someone can help me with this, a movie from the last few years, I think it it was a horror/thriller

Only scene I can recall is a person is lying in bed and there is a figure walking back and forth on the balcony outside and suddenly the figure is in the bedroom.

I think it is a well enough known movie but I can't put my finger on it

Any help is much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,306 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Bram Stokers Dracula?

Don't think its that one, would be in the last 5 years at most I think.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Do you remember anything about costumes, settings, etc?

Contemporary setting, the figure was possibly a supernatural being.

Could it have been one of the spoof horror movies, like Scary Movie or one of those?

I don't think so, I've haven't watched a spoof horror in years, this movie I would have saw in the last 2 years or so which makes me think its quite recent.
    The scene stuck with me as I found it quite unnerving.
    I seem to recall the bedroom was fitted with cameras to watch over the person sleeping which I think was a women. It could be a show like insidious if that scene rings a bell with anyone. Sorry I'm not giving a lot to go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Kolido wrote: »
    I don't think so, I've haven't watched a spoof horror in years, this movie I would have saw in the last 2 years or so which makes me think its quite recent.
    The scene stuck with me as I found it quite unnerving.
    I seem to recall the bedroom was fitted with cameras to watch over the person sleeping which I think was a women. It could be a show like insidious if that scene rings a bell with anyone. Sorry I'm not giving a lot to go on.

Maybe one of the Paranormal Activity films?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Is it Insidious?

http://youtu.be/5x3MR_7hAoQ

Yeah that's the scene, thanks very much.

I should have remembered it, must watch that show again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Kolido wrote: »
    Yeah that's the scene, thanks very much.

I should have remembered it, must watch that show again.

Ah, you don't really need to watch it again. First half is creepy as fook quickly followed up by the goofiest second half off a horror movie I've ever seen. Astral planing my arse as Jim Royle might say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭jasonb

Hi there...

Not a lot of info to go on for this one, sorry! I was in a local record store today, and in light of yesterday's sad news, they were playing Bowie's 'Low' album. Specifically the instrumental track 'Art Decade':

The moment I heard it I thought it was from a film, and even asked the guy behind the counter. But a Google search has shown up nothing. The melody starts about 12 seconds into the song. It strikes me as something I might have seen in a Film/TV program/Trailer back in the early 80s, kinda Blade Runner/Tron/even Betty Blue, but I know it's none of them. Anyone any ideas if it was used in Film/TV?

Thanks...

J.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭jasonb

3453262435 wrote: »
    I cannot find the following movie, possibly a British drama involving a young couple living in the country side on a farm ? the only thing I remember is a love scene where the young man is working outdoors carrying something in a wheelbarrow (possibly a piece of an engine or something heavy) and the girl kicks the wheelbarrow or trips the guy making him fall down. Her plan to get his attention works and the love scene takes place into the nearby barn or tool-shed

I know this is an old post, but could this be 'Puffball'?

J.

Advertisement